Mercure Paris Cusset Opera Hotel

Room: 6.5/10
Value: 6.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Mercure Paris Cusset Opera Hotel

Nice bath, small room, great breakfast

"This hotel is east of the Paris Opera, and west of the Bourse. It's on a small side street, with in inobtrusive entry.

The rooms are tiny, as might be expected in a French hotel. It's amazing that the bathrooms are renovated, and look so spankingly new that they shine. They're clearly memorable.

A differentiator from other hotels -- even from others in the Mercure chain nearby -- is that breakfast was included in our rate. Baguettes, ham, sausage, yogurt, fruit salad, and some fresh fruit.

On an evening when I didn't feel like going out for dinner, I walked over a few blocks to the Monoprix and picked up groceries. They sell gazpacho in the one-litre cartons (like milk).

by daviding

A lovely experience

"Arrived extremely late (11.30 pm!), no reservation, intended hotel a disgrace! Welcomed with courtesy. Room spacious and quiet. Spotless bathroom with good shower. Bed large, linen crisp and clean. Air con adequate. Breakfast excellent and plentiful. Staff genuinely pleasant and helpful. Some carpets a bit grubby?! Excellent location. Go to The Cardinal cafe at the corner. Would def return again."

by JMcKevitt

Loved it

"I was in Paris from the 06 to 13 of may. I must say that prior to departure I was quite worried about the reviews on this site about this hotel. When I got there at 11h00am my room was ready. We were located on the 4th floor and our windows were facing an inside court, so no noise there.

The room itself was of a good size, clean, and comfortable. We really

felt at home the first night. The front desk was always helpfull and willing to make our stay the most enjoyable, I would say that the best about this hotel is the location. You are so close to everthing,

10 min from the Louvre, then walk by the Seine to the Alexandre III bridge. Every night we would take a stroll around Paris. Lots of restaurants close by and cost around 12 euro for veal with pasta, a very good bakery down Richelieu street about 5 min from hotel with delicioud goods. Metro is close and lead you to all major attraction.

I will certainly return there.

by christiane32

Bad experience

"The Mercure Cusset Opéra is ideally located in the center of the ‘shopping district’, close to the Rue de Rivoli & Boulevard Haussmann, and 50 meters to the Richelieu-Drouot subway station.

We had booked 2 double-rooms via the Mercure website and got the (so-called) promotional price of 120 euros per room per night, excluding the breakfast, we had also mentioned that we would appreciate to be accommodated on the upper floors if possible.

When we arrived around 11.00 in the morning, our rooms were not ready yet. We were welcomed by a very friendly lady who gave us a lot of information and some nice tips about the area of the hotel. She also told us that the hotel was going to be renovated, starting with the upper floors and as a consequence they were only able to book 2 rooms on the 2nd level. Though a bit disappointed, as we know that this district of Paris can be very noisy particularly on a Saturday night, it was no big deal, we left our luggage in the checkroom and flocked to the sunny streets of Paris.

At that point, everything was OK. But…

When we came back at the end of the afternoon, and eventually discovered our rooms, we quickly understood that the renovation in progress should have started much earlier – say at least 5 years ago ! In the 2 rooms, the wallpaper was lifeless, with a lot of tears and partially steamed off, the fitted-carpet was like the wallpaper and was definitely not compatible with allergic people (strangely, I were in fit of sneeze right after entering the room, but maybe it was not the carpet but the curtains !), in 1 room a tile was broken (and partially missing) on the floor in the bathroom, the seal of the window was hanging from the frame so that you could not open or close the window correctly, the air-conditioning were not working (it was already quite hot in Paris last week-end), etc., etc.

The problem does not come from the people of the hotel, the rooms were as clean as they could be, it’s just that the whole building seriously needs to be restored.

As things stand at present, this hotel is not up to the standards of a Mercure and definitely not worth the 120 euros per night (not to mention the regular price of 195 euros !). The buffet breakfast at 14 euros is a true rip-off.

We used to appreciate the steady quality of the Accor Hotels all over the world, but we were extremely disappointed with our experience at the Mercure Cusset Opéra. We will not stay at this hotel again, and we will be considering the possibility to give another hotel chain a chance in the future.

by olibod

Nice place

"I got this hotel on Priceline as a 3-star hotel. Other Paris 3-stars I've gotten through Priceline were totally disgusting; with this one, I was very pleasantly surprised. I got there at 11 a.m. and my room was ready for me. It was clean, and while not large, there was room for me and my luggage. I got a queen-size bed (not two twins pushed together). The bathroom was huge, with a full bathtub/shower. The staff was very nice. The only reason I don't give it five dots ('excellent') is because one night I had problems sleeping and wanted to sleep in, and when they called to see if I wanted my room cleaned I asked if they could come at 2:30. They said no, that was too late. So I didn't get new towels and stuff. No real big deal, but other places I've been haven't had problems with that. (Five p.m., sure, but not 2:30.)

I didn't check out the breakfast or even the minibar prices, so I can't comment. But the location is great and I'd definitely stay here again.

by LeMonde

Comfortable hotel in a great location

"I had a single room that was rather small but had all the comforts that I required. Bathroom was nice but small as well. This is an old hotel but with sufficient class to make it worthwhile to stay there again. The buffet breakfast was very good. Staff was very helpful. Within a one minute walk is the metro station which allows you to travel throughout the city. Also on the corner by the metro is a very nice restaurant called the Cardinal."

by settecento

Great location

"A friend and I stayed at this hotel in mid May, 2005. Our room was very large by European standards, but very bland and a bit dingy. The bathroom could have stood a good cleaning. Our biggest complaint was that there is no AC until after June 1. The first night it was very hot and with the countless misquitoes outside, we left the windows closed. The second night we decided to risk the bug bites and luckily a cool front came in. Our windows opened into an interior roof area so the noise was not bad. Breakfast was good, but the coffee was instant. I cannot say enough about how good the location was. Very convenient to the subway, line 9 which goes to many sites. Within walking distance to the Louve, Palais Royal, and the Bourse. The staff was very nice, especially Bridgette."

Mixed thoughts

"Great location, friendly staff, 100 yards from the Hard Rock Cafe, 10 minute walk to the Louvre.

Fantastic city, friendly people.

Clean but room was small about 12 x 12 feet.

Bathroom old & a little grotty, rusty metal work in places, grotty grouting at floor level.

Bed was a 4'6" double.

Outside noise well suppressed by double glazing.

Complementary breakfast was great.

The real problem was the heater, you can turn off the electric by a wall mounted thermostat but the water still ran through it and made a loud noise all night, early hours in the morning I thought I was on a 747 listening to the jet engines and ruined my nights sleep.

Would not stay again only because of the noise.

My room was 505.

by DudeMcFood

Amazing bed

"We stayed here in June of 2004. Friendly staff & the most comfortable bed we ever slept in made this hotel experience a great one for us. The breakfast was outrageously priced, but there was a stand about two blocks away that offered a delicious breakfast for a piddling 2 euro (it included a croissant, pain au chocolat, and cafe) so we coped just fine. Our room was a good size but our friends' room just next door was laughably small; there appears to be quite a bit of variance in room size at this hotel. That aside, a Metro stop is only a block away, the neighborhood is filled with restaurants & shops, and the safe in the room was very large. The shower is not designed for someone my husband's height--a common problem in Europe--but we would both happily stay in this hotel again."

We loved the Cusset Opera in Paris

"My husband and I spent two weeks at this hotel awaiting an apartment for a six month work assignment that I had in Paris. It was clean and comfortable and very conveniently located. The room has standard amenities, including a hair dryer, and all have been recently renovated. The bathroom is larger than average, which is a very nice bonus for those accustomed to small European hotel rooms. The nearest Metro Stops are either Le Bourse or Druout-Richelieu, depending on which line you are using. L'Opera, Palais Royale, and Le Louvre are within easy walking distance. The breakfast was very nice as well. The pricing was a little high. If you don't need a bounteous buffet there are certainly numerous cafes nearby where you can eat for a fraction of the price. Enjoy your stay!"

Read 110 additional reviews of Mercure Paris Cusset Opera Hotel

Map for Mercure Paris Cusset Opera Hotel Closest airport: Paris Orly (ORY) 9.9 miles