Aquasol Village Apartments

Food: 6.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

1 2 39 »
AMAZING !!

"My two teenage children and I have just returned from this wonderful hotel. We had not had a holiday in six years', so we had certain expectations that we hoped would be fulfilled.

Even before arriving, the manager of the hotel had e-mailed and TELEPHONED my travel rep regarding questions I had on certain aspects of our stay, very unusual I think!!

From the minute we walked through the door we were taken care of. Every single person , management and staff couldn't have been nicer. Very genuine people who made it their job to make sure we had the best holiday ...

The apartment was lovely , had everything we needed , very clean and lovely views of the pool and the beach.

My children are quite choosy when it comes to their food and I thought the choice / quality might be a problem after reading some of the reviews.

Not so , we all found the food to be of a very high quality , different food everyday , so many choices of hot and wonderful salads and desserts.

The food and beverages manager was always there at mealtimes and we were always greeted with a big smile and treated more like friends . Even my children were impressed !!

I would and already have recommended this wonderful place to my friends and I know that one of them is already planning a holiday there for next summer! There are not many places that I would return to but this is one I absolutely would. We met some lovely people here and the facilities were fantastic, catering for all ages , even us big kids!!

Evening entertainment was great fun and brought people together and a lot of laughter .

I could go on and on but I hope I've said enough that you will go and see for yourself ... You won't be disapointed !!

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, Booked Independently
by Karen R

OK if you have young children and love late night karaoke

"Just come back from these appartments on 15th August 2012.Arrived late at night and booked in at reception. Was allocated the worst room possible overlooking the stage and entertainment area where there were girls screaching at the top of thier voices. We turned the tv on to try and block out the noise but it did not work. I went to the reception to see if they culd allocate an alternative room and was told to come back in the morning, the noise only lasts til about 1.30am! How right they were! They changed our room the next day although we had to change to a studio appartment as many others had done. The park was lovely for young families if you dont want to leave the site and are happy to join in with the karaoke til early hours. The food was not as good as other 3* places we have stayed and the breakfast was the same every morning. The worst part is the killer hill outside the Aqua Sol which you have to climb if you want to leave and venture out. There are no lights either so take a torch! Please DO NOT go here if you have any walking impedements or like your sleep! Overall I would not go to this Aqua Sol again but OK if you have young family and dont want to see anything else but water and Londoners stuffing thier faces and talking about thier money. Definately not a 4* more like a 2 - 3*."

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, Booked Independently
by mommybear

Great family hotel

"This hotel was fantastic for families, our teenage Son loved the waterpark, and all areas were clean. The staff couldnt do enough to help / assist where required. Entertainment was average, bingo and mini disco every night, but the team work really hard. Food was OK, but if there is nothing to suit the chef will cook especially to accomodate, the snack bar also provides a great alternative. Rooms are spacious but slightly dated. The beach is now really rocky and therefore not really suitable for sunbathing, although provides a nice view from the pool. All in all we had a great time, and would return."

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
by claudiahobden

very good

"We have just returned from aquasol with 2 boys aged 12 and 10. we have had a lovely holiday, the staff were excellant and very aware of the derogatory reviews they have received. I would like to say they were very accomodating in every way to make things better as they are a new all inclusive hotel and are keen to please the customers. Also there were many times I was ashamed to be British as we were the ones putting towels on beds stopping others getting beds and were always moaning about something. My advice would be take as you find, talk to the staff and they will bend over backwards to be of service. The water park was fantastic and it was worth waiting for the opening time of 10am as you would wait in this country for a park."

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by g&l

Fantastic Honeymoon!!

"I must admit that we were sceptical when we booked the holiday because of some of the reviews we read, but thank goodness it didn't put us off!

Cyprus itself is a beautiful country with wonderful people and the Aquasol Village was no exception! We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we stepped into the resort to the moment we left.

The reception staff were very happy to help, as were all of the staff on-site from the food/beverage manager (Alfonse - an absolute star!) to the lifeguards at the Waterpark.

The food and drink was exceptional, there was a huge variety at every meal and I can honestly say that every meal that we ate was cooked to perfection and very enjoyable. There were a range of Greek & local Cyprus dishes as well as plenty of options for those who prefer to stick to "English" food! The meat was tender, the rice & pasta dishes differed each time and were all delicious and my 2 year old son enjoyed a wide range of new foods as well as having chips, chicken nuggets, chees toasties etc.. on offer. The bar staff were friendly and efficient and only too happy to serve the ice-cold beers, excellent local wine and a great range of cocktails!

The swimming pools and sunbeds were very clean, tidy and not in short supply! I must admit though, we spemt most days in the Waterpark which is fantastic!! My son absolutely loved it! The lazy river was a big hit as well as the slides, water-guns, seesaw etc...

We fully intend to return next year for another fun-filled, relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable holiday.

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by caslett

Excellent Holiday

"We were really nervous about this holiday after reading bad reviews on trip advisor and such like, however i do believe only those who have something to complain about tend to write reviews so i was sceptical.

We have travelled all inclusive in 5* luxury hotels including Riu and Sensatori and while there will obviously be differences, largely the prise, we had a fantastic holiday in Cyprus.

In our opinion the hotel was great, very clean, friendly staff who couldnt do enough for you, entertainment staff who tried very hard and the waterpark for the kids was fantastic.

We were all inclusive and were surprised when we realised we got drinks in full size glasses!! very unusual for budget all inclusive, there was plenty of choice and cocktails using locally sourced spirits were included within the all inclusive package.

The snack bar by the pool is again very clean and has plenty of choice, such as toasties, burgers, kebabs, fish, chicken, jacket potatoes, the food is cooked to order rather than been left out all day. Ice cream is also free on all inclusive.

Breakfast in the restaurant was brilliant, lots of choice.... full english, continental, cereals etc. I actually never had lunch in there as we really liked the snack bar but the evening meals were also very good.

The restaurant manager and hotel management were constantly asking guests what they did and didnt like and what they would like to see on the menu and to our surprise any suggestions were tried out asap. For example a carvery night was suggested which then occurred the following evening!!

In the evenings the hotel held casino nights, which were brill evening the kids could play, live bands, dancers and light hearted quizs / themed nights.

Coral Bay is on the expensive side but very nice. You can catch a bus from Coral Bay into Paphos which takes around 20 minutes and they are very regular. The bus is 2 euro for an adult day ticket and kids are free. paphos is much cheaper and there are some lovely restaurants and shops.

There is an area between Coral Bay and Paphos, about 10 minutes on a bus from the hotel which is really busy in the evenings.

All in all a very enjoyable holiday and we have no complaints at all, 6 of us travelled with two 11 years olds and no one ever struggles with food, drink or having nothing to do. I would recommend this hotel and would happily visit again myself.

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by aimeehanson

worst all inclusive food

"this hotel is no way a 4 star, hotel its self and surrounding are quiet nice, rooms are basic but addquate views are loverly over the sea ,big stones, no sand ,tryed to go in the sea but the stones are to slippery which made it dangerouse so didnt bother.food awfull dont go all inclusive. its the worst one we have ever been in , no signs to say what each dish was so you did nt no what you was eating.hot food was cold same food served dinner and tea and the next day and next ect no choice at all ,had to sign for food and tell waiter room number ,had to tell bar staff room number every time we got a drink.we got the runs last two days .which really didnt supprise us.but we did manage to enjoy our selfs pool was great all ways managed to get 4 sun beds with out putting towels out."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with co opertive
  • Advice: dont go allinclusive
by jak

Great Holiday NOT All Inclusive

"My wife and I with our 2 young daughters visited this resort on an All Inclusive! Basis for the period 23rd – 30th June 2010. I like to begin a review on a positive note so I would like to point out the many positives this resort has to offer.

Firstly the Rooms are spacious and clean with adequate Air conditioning in both rooms. There is always ample hot water and the cooking facilities are adequate for a basic meal with all utensils provided. The resort itself offers some wonderful views of the Mediterranean Sea and there are always plenty of sun beds available so no need to get up at the crack of dawn to lay claims to one. The entertainment staff work their socks off to make sure you have a fun filled day but taking part is not required if you prefer to just relax and for the younger kids the Evening Disco is fantastic. They have a kids club 10:00-12:00 & 15:00-17:00 which helps to make sure they don’t sit in the sun all day and our 4 year old loved it. The swimming pools are very child friendly with the top pool particularly good for children learning to swim because it is standard 0.8m deep all around so our 4 year old grew in confidence because of this.

Now I hate to be negative in a review but I’m afraid there are a number of them with this resort.

Firstly don’t even bother going All Inclusive (AI) if you’ve ever been to a Genuine AI resort before because you will be disappointed. The Restaurant is one of the worse I have ever eaten in, all the food is soaked in oil and undercooked, the variety is none existence and worse of all the same food is presented for all the meals which I would question is safe.! The snack menu at the pool bar is “not included for AI guests” only those paying so if you want a snack you have to go to the restaurant and enjoy one of the items from Breakfast or Lunch which has been left out for you to enjoy.!NICE…The list of cocktails on the menu looks inviting until you realise “Not all are included for AI guests”..!! and for the children they have an Ice Cream fridge in the pool bar but you guessed it they are “not included for AI guests” but you can have tasteless Ice cream in a wafer cone if you like.

The TV in the accommodation only has one English channel (BBC World News) not that we watched it and the ground floor terrace had a 4 ft drop into soil with no hand rail which is not ideal with young kids however the biggest disgrace was the Safe Deposit box which was Euro 1.70 per day to hire as it was (You guessed it) “not included for AI guests”.

The facility staff had no consideration for the guests, one day they Jet washed the side of the pool in the middle of the day with kids playing around these dangerous high pressure machines and on another occasion they were seen to be dropping large quantities of chlorine blocks into the pool with no warning of this activity, tasks which could easily have been done during the early evening hours.

The biggest disgrace and one which really got my back up was to see the Management staff sat in the restaurant but having different food served to them from the kitchen not eating what they were serving their guests.

All in all we really enjoyed this holiday for the friends that we met and for the entertainment that the resort provided for the kids we equally enjoyed the meals out in Coral Bay although that was not planned.

Would we go back there? Probably Yes, but NEVER All Inclusive.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: Great Self catering Resort but Not All Inclusive
by AndyDD

Lovely Hotel but not for the young and lively

"Me and my friend went to Cyprus for an event In April and stayed in the Aqualsol Village Apartments.

The room was very clean, towels changed every day, food was great, beer was good and there was an excellent view of the sea and pool.

The apartments are 20 minutes bus or 15 minute taxi to Pathos centre and bar street. So for anybody that wants to clubbing its quite a distance and a taxi costs around 20 euros 1 way to get there.

There is a variety of pubs around coral bay to go in which may suit those that arent into clubbing.

The price for safes was expensive and its UK plug sockets at the hotel.

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: It would be a nice place to send your parents
by The Swan

A reasonable 2* apartment facility

"Winter break - 22/12/21109 to 29/12/2009.

Having booked a 4* hotel, self catering, with Thomas Cook I was very disappointed to be placed in a studio apartment in Aquasol Village; albeit clean and reasonably spacious with very helpful day staff, not what I had paid the extra for. I met another couple who had booked a 3* hotel with TC and were reasonably happy with their accommodation although I think they requested an upgrade.

The room air con didn't work and on reporting it to the night reception the only advice was to let it work for 20 mins until it came hotter. An hour later, having yet to obtain any warmth, I went back to the reception and asked for extra blankets and another thin pillow each. These were brought later that night at 11pm. We were moved to a better room the following day where the tv also worked.

Having come to my senses and decided I was unhappy to have been placed at Aquasol, I requested to be moved to the 4* hotel, Ascos, at the top of the hill, where my teenage daughters and I had the most lovely Christmas with the friendliest of guests and 5* staff. Highly recommended!

We found the local shops geared up for the tourist. Extremely expensive! A box of basic breakfast cereal was over 4 euros, in fact, all food had about 100% mark up on uk prices. It is well worth considering all inclusive if you are planning on staying in the resort.

Had I have booked a 2* self catering apartment, I would have been happyish to have stayed at Aquasol.

Be careful of the restaurants in the market place. I returned 2 meals as the bread rolls were mouldy and when fresh were brought there were a couple of hairs on the plate; cooked.

P.s

The private beach was 88% pebbles, 10% seaweed and 2% sand certainly only walkable on with sturdy boots!

• Holiday details: Dec 2009, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Search for inland accodaion in a vallage if you can. Beer is 50 cents opposed to 3 euros 50 cents f
by She-Charlie

Fantastic Family Holiday.

"My wife, 2 young sons and I recently stayed for a week fully inclusive and are already both looking forward to booking another stay in the Aquasol Village Apartments. The overall service was outstanding and all the staff were extremely friendly and professional. Special thanks must go to Branko, Mohammhed and Magda from the entertainments staff who were really enthusiastic in providing plenty of fun and entertainment for both kids and adults alike. In addition the service at the bars and restaurant was superb and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. All in all a 5 star service and I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to all.

Paul Hughes

by paul5236

That Hill !

"Booked via internet the hill wasn't mentioned to us. we are two resonably fit 65 year olds, The hill was a problem to us ,by the time we reached the Bars and Restraunts of Coral Bay we were too tired to eat ! A quiet walk during the day was out of the question as there was no alternative to the hill. Staying in the Aqua Sol at night wasn't an alternative as the prices were too expensive. local lager at 3.35 euro. for a plastic pot and over 2.00euro for a cup of tea didn't repersent good value

Had to change appartment after first night due to Air-Con leaking and could'nt see out of appartment for thick trees. moved to a first floor room without any problem, this room was o.k. staff and room service very good, pools very good, beach in the complex very rocky, 25 min walk to sandy Coral Beach (up hill). local bus to Phathos good.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
by barrie308

1 2 39 »

Map for Aquasol Village Apartments Closest airport: Pafos (PFO) 10.8 miles

Top traveller tips for Aquasol Village Apartments
  • by barrie308

" Zentas in Coral Bay serves good food at resonable prices "

• by claudiahobden

" Near to main shops etc of Coral Bay "

• by mommybear

" Book a room in block 17,18 0r 19 and take walking shoes "