Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters Hotel

Room: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters Hotel

Crowne Plaza Rome

"Outstanding Hotel, service and location. Perfect for everyone, the staff look after you well and the facilities are great. 5 stars in my opinion. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by the staff, they were happy to offer advice on how to make the best use of our short trip on this occasion."

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book ahead, they get very busy
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by smepani

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Crowne...

"We stayed at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza which offered all the comfort and excellent services you expect from a luxury hotel chain.

The hotel was situated in the centre of Rome just off the Piazza Della Rotonda near the Pantheon. It was in walking distance of the main shopping area and lots of restaurants.

Rome is full of churches, fountains and interesting architecture.

The Colosseum is Romes greatest amphitheatre and is a wonderful sight. If you go into the Colosseum you get an idea of the huge size of it and what it may have been like back in the days of gladiatorial fights.

The Piazza Di Spagna is home to the Spanish Steps and if you can manage to walk up to the top the view is worth the effort. Piazza Di Spagna and the surrounding area is where you will find the main shopping streets. If like me you like Italian designer wear you will find the likes of Armani, D&G, Fendi, Gucci and Valentino in this area.

The Trevi Fountain, which is filled with coins can be found in the Piazza di Trevi in the Quirinal Hill area of Rome. The area is full of cafes and is a nice spot to sit and people watch.

The Vatican City is home to St Peter's and a visit to this area is recommended. You can take a tour around the inside of the Vatican and the gardens. Inside there are lots of museums and pieces of art. The Sistine Chapel is like nothing I have ever seen before, I don't think you can find a more impressive piece of art work other than the ceiling in the chapel.

The Italians are well known for their food and there are lots of restaurants offering pizzas and pasta dishes. Restaurants on the Piazza's are more expensive and if you venture down the back alleys and streets you will find places to eat at much cheaper prices.

Rome is a city full of history and I think it’s more a place for older people as there is not much to interest young children.

by Richard Davies

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, St...

"We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, St Peters, Rome for a week. The rooms were spacious and clean and as we were a family of 5, they were interconnecting. The standard of cleaning was high and there were several bottles of drinking water placed each day, a must for the heat of Rome and a saving on buying water when we were out.

Taxis into the city for the five of us were a mere 6 euros to St Peter's and 12 - 15 to other parts of the city. Considering the bus would have cost us 5 euros the extra few euros were worth it for the aircon and no waiting around.

The swimming pool was a godsend in the heat and the lifeguard gave everyone a towel (so no need to take your own) and made sure you had a lounger. Poolside was a bar which served small meals (pizza, fries etc). We found the staff friendly and when my husband had his wallet stolen, were concerned and kept asking him how the task of informing the banks and replacing the cards was going. All in all an excellent base for us to explore the wonderful sights and sites of Rome with the advantage of a pool for the kids to play in. Would definitely recommend it.

by G M JONES

The hotel is located very close to...

"The hotel is located very close to the Vatican City.

We were fortunate enough to book our stay early and secured a room for 4 nights during the week of the Pope’s funeral. The nearest train station is San Pietro but from here, you’d definitely need a taxi. We thought it would be a 30 mins walk max, but it took us more than an hour. Plus, the roads leading to the hotel had no pavements so it’s very dangerous. The only public transport which stops outside the hotel are two buses and neither of them stop at San Pietro. My advice is to catch a bus from Via Paola. The hotel is not the easiest to reach.

The reception staff gave a below average standard of service for a 4-star hotel. Our return flight was cancelled due to air space being unavailable. We asked the staff if they could find out any information for us but they referred me to the airline’s website. I had to pay 5 EURO for 30 mins internet access, which is very very expensive. The staff were also not helpful about transport links to the city centre and offered minimal information. I was very disappointed with the level of service.

Our room was a king-size room. It was reasonably clean but I noticed peeling paint in one corner of the room. We also had a balcony, which wasn’t anything special. The bathroom was reasonably clean but small. Our fridge door was slightly broken but not too serious. For a discerning guest, this would probably have been an acceptable room.

We also dined in the restaurant. The service was nothing special. I asked the waitress what she recommended and she didn’t seem to understand my English. I ordered the lamb and it was nice but the portion was small. The cost of the meal was also high compared to outside. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re tired and you don’t want to venture out.

The location of the hotel is far from the city centre and it takes ~ 30 mins bus journey to get to Piazza Venezia (the centre). The hotel runs a shuttle service to Piazza Venezia but there are only 2 services to and fro!!! There are no shuttle buses to any airports.

Overall, disappointing for a 4-star hotel and the Crowne Plaza chain.

by M Chan

We arrived at the hotel and had a...

"We arrived at the hotel and had a speedy check in. The room was spacious and clean. We were charged €55.00 for a taxi from Ciampino Airport and realised only afterwards that we had been ripped off.

The first evening we decided to have a drink at the bar....be warned the drinks were €7.00 for a small plastic glass of beer and then the waiter decided also to rip us off and charge for an extra 2 glasses of luke warm beer.

We then went up to our room and ordered room service as this was the only option as the restaurants were closed after 11pm. I ordered chicken and vegetables and when the meal arrived I had 1 piece of chicken on my plate and no vegetables. When I tried to complain they played dumb and pretended they could not understand English!!!!!!!!!! €25.00 was a lot of money to pay for a piece of chicken on a plate and nothing else. My husband ordered a bowl of soup which was €19. When we complained the next day they were very apologetic and told us that they had no vegetable left....even though they could have put some fries on the plate or something..

We decided after that incident to make sure we ate out each evening. Rome itself was worth visiting but the hotel is so far out from everything and you need 1 bus to the Vatican and 2 buses to everywhere else. Never again would I stop at this hotel

by ildibobs

Read 781 additional reviews of Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters Hotel

Map for Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters Hotel Closest airport: Rome Ciampino (CIA) 10.7 miles

Do you own Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters Hotel?

Stayed at Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters Hotel? Share your insight.

Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters Hotel is also called:

• crowne plaza rome
  • crowne plaza rome st peters

Address: Via Aurelia Antica, 415, Rome 00165, Italy