Majesty Club Tarhan Beach

Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Majesty Club Tarhan Beach

1 2 37 »
Would definitely come back!

"I arrived in July 2013, I understand things will have changed since I left but I honestly don't understand how certain people can complain about this hotel!! It was extremely clean, the staff looked after you well, the staff were also very polite and were happy to help. The waiters and waitresses were polite and had perfect service, I can't fault them! The pools were clean so were the pool areas, it was easy to get a sunbed as well. There was lots of foreign people but I expected nothing less in a foreign country. The rooms were always cleaned at their highest standard and were lovely and spacious. The hotel is set in a beautiful location and gives you a good impression to the Turkish culture. The restaurant was large and we could always find a table. Having said that, the only things that are preventing me from giving this hotel 10 out of 10 is because the food was moderately repetitive and the beds were uncomfortable, however, the food was only repetitive for me because I've never really liked foreign food so I mainly ate chips throughout the holiday but each to their own! Would definitely come back!!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, Booked Independently
by weare111

Fantastic holiday

"This is a beautiful, clean, friendly resort in a perfect location.

We have just returned from a week's holiday there and could not fault anything.

The location is stunning. The place is continuously being cleaned. The staff could not do enough for you.

The food was plentiful and varied and the bars open as long as you could wish for.

There were hundreds of very comfortable sun beds everywhere with large good quality parasols.

The Turkish Spa is amazing and the staff there are fantastic. We went everyday during the middle of the afternoon. Huge thanks to Engin, Hamed and the team for rejuvenating us.

We had read varied reviews for this resort and went with an open mind. We tried hard to find something we could moan about but found nothing.

We will be returning in the very near furture.

Lovely for families, couples, anyone

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: Request a room up near the tennis courts if you want a sea view. if you are not happy with your room if you ask them nicely they will change it
by Kaye Cheltenham

DON`T GO THERE,even if you are paid to!!

"This hotel has pout myself and my family off going to Turkey,it was a shocking holiday from start to finish.

a) The staff was unhelpful and miserable.

b) Each time we attempted to complain the overweight securoty guards that thought they were police tried to intimidate us.

c) The waiters were too busy looking in the mirrors messing with their hairstyles to bother with anything else.

d) Food was spilt on floor waiters picked up and threw back in the self serve pans.

e) The manager sat in the back and NEVER showed his face.

f) Cleaners used dirty water to clean.

g) No air conditioning on in reception to save money.

h) At 10.30pm drinks were limited to one per person,while the waiters were having a conversation between themselves which tipped over to 10.30pm then refused to serve us.

i)They served the Turkish holiday makers before anyone else even though you were at the bar before them!

j) Same food each day not much choice.

k) Waiters stood around not moving chatting to each other when tables needed clearing.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, booked with On the beach.com
  • Advice: Don`t stay there unless you were given chloroform.- To confirm this review please check out trip advisor.
by Jill2010

hotel majesty tarhan

"i stayed at this hotel the food was ok at the start of the holiday but itrealy got better as more guests arrived. The turkish people were very helpful the entertainment team were fantastic i loved it from start of holiday to the end, me and my partner didnt want to come home thats how good it was. We made loads of friends and met loads of english people from different parts of england fantastic.

mr g featonby

by gazza27

awful food 6 out of 7 of us were ill

"wedidnt let illness spoil holiday but wouldnt go back,pools were lovely great gardens and views it could easily be 5star if they solved problems with food and cleanliness in the resturant and bar areas,lots of adults and kids had injurys from falling over on slippery tiles by swimming pools most staff friendly,beach needed cleaning lots of rubbish.though alot of the rubbish was left by the tourists mainly the turkish who didint care where they put there cigarette ends the beach was littered with them.great time had in the pools,and kids had a good time that was what we wanted,all of us lost weight and gat sick of eating bread and jam as were worried we would get sick again."

by chelseafan

5 star, i think not, All inclusive definitely not!!

"The hotel itself was clean, that's about all the nice stuff i can say. We went there on honeymoon for 1 week, and found that the 5 star rating turned out to be no more than a low 3*.

The staff were unhelpful and only wanted to talk Turkish.

If you want a cushion for your sunbed you have to hire them, if you want an ice cream you have to buy it, they have water in a dispenser but you will have if you want bottled water then you have to buy it. If you want any food between 2pm and 7.30pm you had a choice of soggy crisps, dry bread or nothing.

After 10.00pm you are only allowed to get yourself 1 drink at a time, then after 11pm you have to buy the drinks.

One of the pools was closed due to someone pooing in it and it took them 3 hours to gey it sorted

A fight broke out between the waiters, puching, throwing crockery, even throwing a childs bike around, then one of the waiters picked up a bread knife and thrashed it around slashing one of the waiters. All this while people were having there evening meal.

DO NOT BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

by CTID

amazing!

"When we arrived the sun was setting and the place looked amazing, our room was all made for us with air conditioning ready. Club Tarhan is situated right on the beach, 10 second walk down, although the sand isn't the softest, the water is clear and lovely to swim in. with our all inclusive package we were able to canoe out to rabbit island in the calm sea.The pool was lovely, the kids spent all their time there, on the slides and at the pool bar which they loved, all the people who work here are lovely people and know how to work well with the kids. The food was delicious, nothing like at home, was nice to try some new foods too. Club Tarhan is a twenty minute bus journey to the main town Altinkum where my kids managed to find their fake goods. Overall this was a lovely relaxing holiday, and we are looking forward to going next year!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by summer123456789

Worst Hotel Iv'e ever been to

"This is first time iv'e every written a review. This was the 7th time iv'e visited Turkey and by far the worst. I travelled as a single parent with my 2 children & what a mistake. The pool was shut 5 times out of the 7 days due to someone pooing in the pool which was not cleaned just mearley chucked more chlorine in. The food was cold repetative and disgusting. Staff were all very rude the management were no help nor was the thomas cook rep.Whilst i was there two fights broke out between the Turkish and English, the hotel was 90% Turkish & 10% English.This also meant there were no sunbeds at both pools & beach after 7 a.m. So much for a nice peaceful rest having to get up at 630 a.m to get a sun bed. One of the pool slides had cracks and holes in the steps, my son also cut his back on one of the slides. This hotel needs shutting down & staff need re training. Every one you spoke to in the hotel was ill & most people had to spend extra money to eat out-side the hotel..... so if you do go take extra spending money & plenty of immodium."

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: shut yourself in the room
by jasm1967

It's a Jolly Holiday with Mary!

"We went to Club Tarhan just before the beginning of the holiday season in mid may before the half term,

We went for two weeks all inclusive and nothing went wrong, it was a perfect holiday.

Our tour operator Mary made the whole thing a breeze, She was friendly, approachable and just made everything so easy.

She told us the good places to go, the places to avoid, gave us advice on everything.

One of the people we went on holiday with has IBS and had a 'funny tummy' during the holiday and she did everything she could to help him. She even gave us our money back on an excursion we had book which she wan't supposed to do.

The entertainment wasn't great as it was mostly childrens party games and then a disco, we went as a group of friends with no children but for families it would be ideal.

There were a few cats about around meal times but as soon as then noticed them the staff would chase them away,

The food was lovely and beautifully presented (just got to bare in mind that it's turkish/greek food, not english!! no chips and pizza!), room was cleaned thoroughly every day, Pool was amazing, great for kids (and big kids too!)

The Dolmus (local bus service) stops right outside the hotel and it costs €1.50 to go anywhere!

All in all we had an amazing time, I would recommend it to any one and we're going back very soon =)

• Holiday details: May 2008, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Loved it, lovely resort, great pool. I'm going back!
by Glamrock39

Gald to be back home in the UK - Yuk !!!!

"I cannot understand the previous review as it bore no resemblance to the holiday we had during Oct 2010. This holiday resort has now convinced me not to go back to Turkey EVER. They have a completley different idea on holiday standards as this hotel would struggle to get a 3* any where else in the world, perhaps except Egypt.

If you like poor food, Cats, Deep pools, bad beaches then this is surely the holiday for you and you are more than welcome to it as we would never darken these shores again. Beware the all inclusive is poor beyond imagination !!!

Two positives are:

1 Lovely kept hotel grounds with friendly ground staff and cleaners

2 We know not to return again

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: do not go !!!!!!!
by Josie

Excellent Hotel

"We have just returned from the Tarhan and we had a fab holidays, we have been to Altinkum a few times and this has to be the best hotel ever.

The rooms are cleaned on a daily basis, the staff are fab, Casper you rock (hope your there next year), there is around four pools and an indoor pool.

The food is fab very similar things on the menu tho, but good. Only problem we had is when it rained not a great deal too do so we took ourselves off into Altinkum for the day.

If you are a cat lover you will love this hotel, the cats living on the grounds are gorgeous and really friendly, my children and me spend most of the week feeding them, we NEVER seen any cat poo on the paths, infact find this comment hard to believe as cats are very clean!! I would however like to point out to those who complain about the cats, that on numerous occasions the cats were killing the cockroaches, also when it rained we seen a couple of rats so again the cats keep these at bay... me personally would prefer the cats than rats.

Fab choice and have looked to book for next year however will be going earlier to guarantee better weather.

Andrea

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Get Booked!!! Fab Place to be
by Andrea240

Food Disgusting

"All I can say is anyone who gave this hotel a 5 star, must be stark raving bonkers.

Food was disgusting, all food finished at 9pm. Hard luck if you were hungry after that. Staff were rude, could not be bothered to do anything for you and boy what are the wee plastic tumblers about, in fact they are so thin and the size of a yogurt carton, this is what they served all inclusive drinks in them. All inclusive finished at 11pm and woe betide anyone who thinks they may still get a drink after this. One night it was after the curfew I dedicded to ask for a glass of Sprite and was charged £2 for a small plastic tumbler of lemonade.

Entertainment! What entertainment, worse hotel I have been in my life, we travelled with a party of six and we had the runs for two days. A vodka, rum, whisky will costt you £5 unless you drink the local.

My friends an I holiday 4 times a year and this was by far a total disaster

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Holiday Hotels
  • Advice: Do Not Go!
by Liz E

1 2 37 »

Map for Majesty Club Tarhan Beach Closest airport: Samos (SMI) 35.4 miles

Top traveller tips for Majesty Club Tarhan Beach
  • by jackbarnes

" romeos resturant wa very nice the staff were good and perfect food "

• by mez

" great before the peak season. "