Coconut Beach Club Hotel

Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Coconut Beach Club Hotel

1 2 »
Didn't live up to my expectations

"We booked our vacation package with Travelocity to find out the resort doesn't accommodate small children. The staff was unhappy working there and only a few was friendly and accommodating. There was one pool, beach chairs but no tubes to really enjoy the water. This resort caters to a more retired British crowd. It is not kid’s friendly. No TV’s in your rooms. Our phone wasn't working and the two days we stayed there, they never came to fix it. The rooms were very big and nice. We transfer to a different resort and requested to speak with the manager and she refused to speak with me until the day we checked out. I would not recommend this resort to anyone with children. The computer room had frogs and all types of creatures hanging around. If you are looking to get away from it all, this is the place."

• Holiday details: Jun 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Have to expectations and you will have a good time
by suzywan24

Stayed 12 days at coconut...

"Stayed 12 days at coconut beach,really nice rooms opened on to a lovely beach in a bay,thought it was better situated than more expensive hotels. service really good ;food ok breakfast,lunch but evening meal not so good menu needed overhall. room lovely with large bed and hammock on balcony.slept to the sound of the sea perfect winter break.Was able to do lots of trips out, rd island by boat and a great day swimming with stingrays, also learnt to kayak and snorkle while we were there"

by M Threadgill

This was our first visit to the...

"This was our first visit to the Caribbean and our first all inclusive holiday - both could become addictive! This hotel is definitely in the small and friendly category - which is just what we were looking for.

The rooms are large, clean, and well equipped. The bathrooms are a little dated, but you have everything you need. We had a ground floor room, overlooking a small grassy area with trees and hammocks and the beautiful beach beyond (which although a public beach, was rarely used by anyone but those at the hotel).

We had a lovely veranda with two large comfortable chairs and a hammock (warning - you won't stay awake long in one of these).

The food was excellent. All freshly prepared and some cooked while you wait, to your liking. Breakfast and lunch are self service and evening meal al la carte with very attentive waiter service.

The bar area is very laid back and the bar staff will mix you anything you care to ask for.

Reception staff could not be more helpful and the wellness cottage (although basically a wooden shack on the beach) is worth a visit too.

by J Mercer

It is now nearly 5 months since we...

"It is now nearly 5 months since we returned from the coconut beach club. The rooms were large and spotless with a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities, these were replenished daily.

Towels were changed daily and you changed your beach towels at reception on a daily basis.

We spent 10 idyllic days, lazing in the sun on the beach and lounging on the large hammocks that are strung between palm trees just off the shore line.

The food was excellent, however if like my husband you enjoy a full meal in the evening, you may be slightly disappointed, but just fill up at breakfast and at lunch time.

Breakfast and lunch are taken in a large roundevelle, with all waiting staff being very attentive, in the evening you change to the more formal restaurant with waiter service.

The bar is situated in what looks like a tree house with comfortable furnishings, the bar and bar staff are second to none, always helpful with a winning Caribbean smile.

We got married on the beach on 14th February 2006 with our close friends as witnesses, and our new friends watching on!

The hotel is only small but if you want intimacy and individual service in an idyllic location, this is the place.

We shouldn’t be telling anyone about our newfound piece of paradise.

by  JM West

Back Home

"We have just returned from two weeks holiday at this Resort with two friends. After we had booked and before we travelled I read the report placed by the member from Buffalo and experienced some doubts about the holiday.

The Resort is small but there is adequate space for the present number of guests. The food has adequate choices and is of good quality. The Staff are very helpful and friendly. It is a Resort that lends itself to relaxation.

The drawbacks are that swimming can be difficult from the beach and the swimming pool is quite small. There is a tendency to be bitten if not by Mosquitos then by Sand Flies - take precautions.

We consider the holiday a success and the Resort value for money.

Had a good time

"My partner & I stayed at the Coconut beach in Jan 2005. We had a really nice time, the staff are lovely and the food is excellent. really good food. It is a nice size hotel and there is a friendly atmosphere at the bar. (on Thursdays there is a good fun act, 2 men singers – sing a long – it is fun, life ain’t a spectator sport!!) However they have no premium brands behind the bar, it is all 'cheap' spirits, so watch for the hangovers! The ladies who work in the beauty hut are great, I would definitely recommend a massage. Our room was very large and basic, (why would I want a kitchen on an all inclusive???), the bathroom was a bit shoddy, but the maids always did a good job. Coconut beach is priced to what it is; it isn’t a delux hotel. But I think it may get better with time, they have only just opened as an all inclusive, and it has a way to go before they sort it out. The waitresses have to carry tables from the beach restaurant to the main dining area after lunch, which is bang out of order, Managers - Buy a few more tables!!!!!!! It isn’t very relaxing by the pool to have girls lugging tables past!!! I wouldn’t rave about the coconut beach, but I wouldn’t slate it either, if you have booked it, you’ll be fine, it is a nice place, if you are still looking, make sure you gets lots of info before deciding."

by Sibbsage

never coming back to this dump......

"Stayed 5 days in the start of November 2004. If your thinking of staying here please read & this is no lie. I was supposed to stay at galley bay but it was booked out(anyway thats another story) so I thought I would try this place as on the website it stated newly renovated. But not true at all as I think they only did a paint job & a few touches. The place is like walking thru a swamp as the garden area was not nicely landscaped & there seemed to be a swamp nearby. Thats what caused the flies during the day & mosquitoes at night....so try eating when you have bugs flying around you...very frustrating. When management was approached about this issue not only by me but other guests. They made stupid excuses & didn't try to solve the problem.

The room was a decent size but the air con was very old & made a loud noise at night. The bed sheet that I had on the first night had a few blood spots...turned me off I ASKED TO CHANGE IT RIGHT AWAY. The interior doors e.g bathroom doors were still freshly painted/stained & I didn't realise & it stained my shorts(luckily they were an old pair).

The shower head didn't have enough power & the room didn't have a TV or alarm clock but that didn't bother me. The food that was to offer was great lots to offer with gourmet food & the waitstaff/ barstaff bent backwards to please you and were really freindly.

Each room had a hammock outside in the verandah & one guest fell off they had used small hooks to hold the hammocks & he cut himself as he was holding a glass in his hand & had 32 stitches done at hospital.

We also had a wedding package & as soon as I saw the state of their gardens I said there's no way I'm getting married here.....So I organised at there other sister resort at cocobay which the gardens are splendid. But our wedding co-ordinator Nolda who had no communication skills at all told the staff at cocobay that we didn't were we got married, so they decided to marry us in front of the bar. My wife was furious. At least ask us first & we would of picked our spot. After wasting time it starting getting dark hence photos would be done in the dark.

One night we had all of the shareholders attending dinner I can't believe how stuck up they were. They all kept to themselves & didn't introduce themselves to the guests & we all knew who they were. All I can say is that they got my money this time but they will never see my dollar ever again.......

omg

"I needed a getaway, I booked the trip on a mon. and was there within 2 days. You know, when you first get to a property you are not sure, however within a few hours I knew this place was great. I enjoy smaller properties, so I knew what to expect. What I was surprised about was how congenial the staff was, as well as the fellow guests.

My visit was in 2/04, rather forgot about it being Valentine's day week....oops. However, I can honestly say the guests were great fun, and oh, by the way I did meet my future husband.....we will be back to the island in Sept. for the official ceremony!

Peaceful & Quiet...

"If you want excitement, wild parties, and require lots of pampering - keep looking 'cause this isn't the place! However, if you are looking for relaxed, out-of-the way quiet and you don't require a lot of attention, grab a couple of days here. The rooms are huge, the beach nice, and the Staff semi-helpful. My wife and I spent a couple of days here prior to leaving for a cruise and found the resort sufficent. If you're on-island for more than a couple of days - get a car. There's nothing around this resort. The food here is good - watch out for the "Yepton Special" rum drinks - they're too good! We had only 2 complaints - there is no radios or TV of any kind in the rooms, so if you're a music fan, bring your own. And the mosquitos are hungry! As with most islands - take your replenent! We were told this reort had been sold and would be adding new rooms and updating the old ones. The name will also be changing.

We also met some great "Brits" during our stay while the cricket matches were in progress. Overall - clean, quiet, and pleasant.

by JRD33141

Great value, cozy

"My husband and I stayed here without kids in late March 2004. We were overall very happy with our stay. The complex is small and cozy, with gorgeous gardens, and it was nice to get to know other guests at least by face over the course of or stay. It is very quiet and restful, a good place to unwind.

We could walk out from our room to the beach (about 50 feet!). The room was clean, mosquito-free and well air-conditioned (OK I an american and yes, I like my A/C and I DON'T like being covered with bites)

Just for yucks we cruised around some other very pricey resorts on the island and I can't really understand how a stay or $800+ per night can be justified. Yepton offers very good value for the money. We went next door to Royal Antiguan...very beautiful beach but absolutely hideous modern cell-block architecture and awful, awful food. Food at Yepton basic but fresh and very good. We used our well-stocked kitchen quite often as resturants are pricey.

Above all, we must recommend that you rent a car. Some of the best sights on the island are not on maps, and unmarked (a conspiracy of the island's local taxi drivers?) but locals are usually very helpful in finding ruins.

Recommend also a side trip to Montserrat and an island "circumnavigation" cruise.

My few wishes for the new owners: don't spoil the cozy quality of the resort, buy some new towels, maybe improve the restaurant all little, but keep the simplicity.

by corbusiette

Secluded Heaven...

"We just came back from Antigua on 4/26th. The Yepton was seclusion heaven. Everyone has an oceanfront view from their rooms, and it was quite lovely even to see the cargo ships! The bay was always bustling with activity, and we just got to see the beginning of sailing week. The Yepton is a wonderful resort for couples who just want some peace, quiet, and secluded privacy. We do not, however, recommend eating at the Yepton's only restaurant, the Patio Caribe, as it is extremely pricey and just o.k. The Royal Antiguan's food is a much better deal with their a la carte menu or their evening buffets, and the food is quite good. At the Yepton, we were so fortunate to be placed on the third floor where the balconies are the most private of the other two floors. The only problem is that there is no elevator. If one is brave enough and is willing to drive "british-style", a car is truly the way to go, but driver beware, driving can most definitely be hazardous to your health!!!! For those who like to gamble, the Jolly Roger is the biggest on the island. Warning!~!!! Stay away from the female hosts at the door in the evening time. They will coral you into a private section where a scam of the highest order is taking place. Shame on them!@@!!! In addition, the Jolly Roger's location and marina is truly gorgeous, but we took a look at the villas that were being offered, and again, Stay Away!!! The construction of these 2 bedroom horrors will make you weep@@@!!! Back to the Yepton, we can highly recommend the resort. It is simply furnished, but sheer seclusion, security, and privacy will make your stay heavenly. Tragically, the owners of the Yepton have sold the resort, and the sale is to take place in May 2004. A pure travesty! Although a four star resort is planned for the Yepton, the endearing qualities of peace, quiet seclusion, and no crowds will become a bygone memory. Enjoy while and if you can!"

by A TripAdvisor Member

Just a fantastic place to chill out

"This is just about the best place imaginable to chill out. Useless if you have kids or want everything 'laid on' for you but just the most relaxing place otherwise. Stayed in March with my brother after a trip to Trinny to watch the cricket. Food averagely edible but we only ate in the hotel 3 nights out of 8. The beach is perfect for strolling and lazing on a sun-bed/hammock but not great for swimming - especially if the tide is changing! Average of about 10 people on the beach at any one time. If you are lucky and catch the 'right' crowd the small bar has a private club atmosphere and the place is small enough that you soon get to know everyone who is remotely interested in coming out of their shell. Cabs are a rip-off in Antigua but you can hire a small a/c car for $50 a day and just leave it sat outside if you want to. Several excellent restaurants within 15-30min drive of the hotel. I really don't know what some other reviewers are moaning about, the rooms are excellent for the price (we had one with a kitchen) perfectly clean with a decent maid service, the general service is no better/worse than most places in the Windies - you have to get used to ' Caribbean time'! This is one place I would definately have come back to with my wife but it has been sold and closes on 30th April and is being 'upgraded'. probably means more rooms, a fitness area and 200% on the price. Bye bye Yepton and all the friends I met - you'll be missed!"

by Blob