Internacional II Aparthotel

Stayed at Internacional II Aparthotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Food: 6/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Internacional II Aparthotel

« 1 2 3 47 »
Good holiday

"Up on arrival at the hotel as we booked early morning flights from Liverpool we got to the hotel about 1030am, you can guess our room was not ready at all, however the reception gave us a key to a rest room, to leave our luggage and to change so we could go by the pool, room was eventually ready about 1230 ish.

Room clean and very basic we were on the 5th floor facing the main street, very loud at night, with all the youngsters going home etc.

I was disapointed to pay £100 deposit on arrival, to me that takes a big chuck of you money away.

Good pool, and very helpful people at the hotel.

Take loads of money as Salou is very expensive.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
by bricktop

very good

"Just back from our 2 week holiday stayed at the international ii great spot in the heart of everything with in walking distance to the beach and portaventura but if you dont feel like walking you can get a bus at the bottom of the road staff were friendly and rooms cleaned regulary(although we were in bed most mornings so cleaned room ourselves) but still left in clean towels and toilet roll entertainment was good although i would say they could do a bit more with the children during the day but apart from that it's an excellent place and will def go back."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, self catering, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: great place to go
by katie-ann

Fantastic

"We stayed at the Internacional ll for 2 weeks self catering, there was myself, my partner, my 17 year old daughter and her boyfriend, my 14 year old daughter, my 5 year old daughter and my 11 month old son. This i must say has been one of the best holidays we have ever been on. The hotel was lovely and clean, all staff were very pleasant and cleaners called every morning between 10.30 and 11.30 to make beds and sweep around, towels and toilet rolls were changed every tuesday and friday. The hotel is in a perfect place as at the top of the road is a stunning beach and at the bottom is the main road with all the shops aswell as the bust stops which take you to all the main places like Port Aventura and Aquapolis. The entertainment in the hotel was first class, mainly due to Tim and Dan who were fantastic, they had us all in stitches every night, they made the holiday, and they are both the reason we will be going back next year!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Uncle Sams does the best Spaghetti Carbonnara ever!
by paulasmithx4

BACK AGAIN

"Went back to the Inter II this year. Went to Salou last year (2008) and the accomodation was awful and relocated to the Inter II. Enough to say we returned this year. For a mixed family i.e. mother, father, son (12), daughter (17), sister in law (24) and mother (67) - every one of us loved it. Entertainment all day - son joined in all the poolsided games * husband and son joined in all the bar games (pool, darts ect). Music by the pool all day (no need for ipods) or indeed live bands now and again. Entertainers fantasic (especially Amy) the only woman I liked to take care of my husband! Food and drink basic but good. Rooms cleaned regularly (most days I sent the maid away cause we were still in bed but the did try) and staff friendly, accomodating and entertaining when needed. Am seriousling thinking of 3 years in a row. DO NOT IGNORE THE COMEDY CLUB FOR FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT!"

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: great
  • Activities: comedy club
by celticgirl

excelent

"was here the last week of july 2009 This was one of the best hotels we have stayed in ,we had a three year old with us and she was well intertained ;room was cleaned every two days and had aircon, pools were very nice sun shineing on the area all day ,staff were very nice great english .Hotel location was good ten minutes walk from main beach but there is two lovely beaches five minutes from hotel with banna boat rides jetskies boats ect . There is shops bars close to hotel,and the best place we had food was the restrant next to fportront door chubbie brownes and had happy hour ever night and karioke , murphys bar across road is good crack and does the tickets portaventura @ 30 euros per adlut.bus and trian stops one minute from hotel,and therewas ramps every where for buggies and wheelchair ,this hotel has ever thing you need what ever the age 3to80 [from pooltables,games machine to bingo]"

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Room Only, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: lovely place plenty to
  • Activities: sinatras [chubbie brownes] next to hotel
by JER FROM CORK ireland

BEST HOLIDAY EVER

"Me nd my son went here and we found that it was in a perfect location and there was shops, bus stops and resturants all in walking distance of the apartments. The staff where very nice and my son was kept entertained for all of the 2 weeks we stayed there."

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Brillant
  • Activities: The beach is fantastic
by B Barry

what to tell you about Salou

"My 3 friends and I were pleasantly surprised by just how nice the receptiona area of the hotel was. Very clean and tidy looking. Staff were efficient and were able to get us into out room within minutes of arrival. Not sure if you are aware or not but you will be asked to leave a 25 euro per person deposit which you will get back if you look after the room. Despite being billed as having a microwave and kitchenette type facilities for self catering, all we had was two electric rings and a toaster. There was no microwave, no kettle or washing machine. We had a little fridge freezer that turned into niagra falls everytime you opened the door. We contacted reception and it was fixed within hours, they also brought us a kettle. You know us english with our cups of tea =)Bathroom was immaculate and the shower really had some power in it, it was superb with a constant stream of hot water. Excellent wardrobe space and the room itself was clean and tidy. We had clean towels regularly and had no real complaints at all about housekeeping. The location of the hotel is good too and there's loads of little shops and beaches near by.

The pools were immaculate, well maintained and clean with ample sun lounger space and a smaller pool for kids. It is incredibly noisy though. Salou is a mecca to the irish and while they are lovely people, they are SO loud! The entertainment at the hotel is a bit lacking and that would be the only real downfall of the place. We found the best entertainment to be next door in Sinatra's bar. Also at Sinatra's, for the bargain price of just 5 and a half euro you will get the nicest full english breakfast ever. I didnt know whether to eat it or climb it and the girls in there are so lovely. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them. The meals are lovely and are really reasonable price wise. I cant recommend them enough.

I would encourage anyone one staying at the international II to go out on the catamaran excursion. Its 38 euro pp but you are out at sea for 3 hours and all drinks- alcoholic and soft are included. Transport to and from the boat is also included.

I would however strongly advise women to take care when using public transport. My friend and I took the bus to get to a local market we had seen advertised in the hotel and while we were on the bus, a man sat next to my friend and tried to put his hands up the leg of her shorts! In broad daylight on a bus! Then when we got to the market, my bag was slashed from top to bottom and my purse stolen. The frightening thing being, I had NO idea whatsoever as we were barely stood still long enough for it to happen. Whatever they had used to cut my bag was sharp enough to cut the corner off a book I had in my bag and went straight through to the other side of my bag so I suppose I was lucky not to have been hurt. In short, a trip to the market caused us to be molested and mugged all within the space of 30 minutes! When venturing out anywhere, keep your wits about you at all times and NEVER carry large amounts of cash. Keep an eye on you pockets too and gents, NEVER put your wallet in your back pocket cause it'll vanish and you wont feel a thing. The police arent interested either. They just said they didnt speak english and pretty much pooh-poohed us away. Suffice to say we returned to the hotel a lot faster than we planned.

Bad things aside, we had a fabulous time in Salou and I'd go back there again and wouldnt hesitate about staying in the International II.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Sinatra's bar for food, Catamaran for fun
by melody1989

suitable for a good holiday with mates few clubs but not mad one!!

"There was me and 3 of my mates, our first holiday away 2geva and it was really goood!!

All staff are freindly excpet one man (security) seemed a bit weird.

The reps all speeek english and most of the staff do too. You can go out on a pub crawl.

We ate out most the time theres a good english resturant right next to the hotel on your left sinartras i think it was called. We only ever had some lunch at hotel or breakie was nice tho took it down to the beach, not that long a walk about 10 mins away just walking back up is a big hill!! so make sure u dont take too much to the beach with you.

There is also a super market right next to the hotel if you wana get bits n bobs!

The poole is good fun we took part in volly ball aimed at all ages!

You have some water sports at the beach.. we got a peddle out good fun!

Some markets and shop are about 5 ten minute walk from hotel.

Some good bars to start off in, english are charlie chaplins or idols which do really nice cocktails! and cheap!! theres always ppl giving out free tickets to get into the clubs

One night we got a cab out to PACHA (its massive!!!!) its like a whole village! Bob sinclair was playing there!

Rooms were ok 4 4 of us two single beds then a sofa pull out bed with a good sized balcony, careful when drying bakinis out there though as ours flew off into some one belows balcony.

There is a kettle and sink and fridge and some cutterly but not the cleanest.

We also had some ants, i fink we killed them all!

Overall had an absolutely wicked time!! wether was great!

And also we were warned by a girl who worked out there not to walk the short cut way as there were muggers!!

by salou08

Value for money

"Don't know what everyone is moaning about its a self catering appartment not a 5* hotel. Room was small & basic with only 2 cooking rings & kettle but clean. Couple of our lights weren't working but were fixed immediatley with no problems. We stayed for a week 2 adults & 2 kids, towels were changed twice & toilet roll everyday(didn't expect toilet roll as self catering so had already bought some). You had to take out your own rubbish but that seems to be the same in the surrounding accomodation or any other self catering holiday I have been on.

I was dreading this holdiay as had read other reviews but I would book this hotel again as staff friendly, excellent location & much cheapness & deposit (£60 or 100euros)returned without a problem.

by chocz

Just what we needed

"Well I wasn't going to write a review on this hotel but I feel after reading a few before we left and since we came back I would like to say what I thought. I was nervous about going to this hotel but when we arrived at about 10.30pm we checked in fine arrived at our room which fine and clean also. There are quite a few beches nearby but we always went to the same one which was down a huge hill! The hotel is off the busy strip so were not bothered with noise at night at all.

Anyway we paid for this holiday on a very small budget, we were not expecting the hotel to be super nice. We were there for 4 nights and once the cleaner did come in to chnage the sheets and new towels but we were still in our beds so we told them to go away again. So our sheets were not changed while we were there, but if we hadn't been out till all hours of the morning they would have been.

The worst area of the hotel would be the ber/eating area. Not that it's dirty but it does need a bit of bringing up to date. The pool area was nice and pool was clean. Reception were friendly and the rest of the staff seemed fine also.

There is a 100euro deposit but if i'm honest i'd say thats pretty standard these days and also leaves you money for the airport.

Go with a open mind and don't expect too much for your money! After all it's a 2 star hotel!

Overall we had a good holiday and if I was looking for another budget break I would stay here again.

by scotland21

jacs 'n' brian

"We stayed here from the 7th till the 14th oct, with our 2 sons (14) and our daughter (20) her friend (18). The hotel had zero tolerance for the younger generation. The appartment was really smelly due to the toilet, we had ants running all over the apartment,in the whole week we stayed there we did not get our sheets changed. Our electricity kept going out so we couldn't get a cup of tea when we got home at night. We felt the place was really run down, and the veiw of plastic chairs and trees was not very nice. The maids and receptionists were friendly enough but the rest of the management were not so nice. We loved Salou and found a fantastic friendly pup (Raffertys) but would never go back to International ii. We know we paid for basic but we all felt it was really below standards compared to other holiday appartments we have been to in the passed. Portaventura is a must it was fantastic."

by jacs

I wish i'd paid more attention to...

"I wish i'd paid more attention to some of the bad reviews of the internationale II...

i can confirm upon check in, deposit was 100 euros, which seems high to me, but we accepted it and moved on, room was extremely basic though, with limited "self catering" facilities as others have mentioned, with only 2 pretty useless hobs at your disposal with no cooker, no grill, no microwave, no kettle and no toaster (although you can rent kettles and toasters on a daily basis if you wish!)....there was also no tv in the room and i feel silly mentioning that, as i've always been one to say "we're on holiday, what do you need tv for?" but i suppose it would of been nice to have one for in the evenings while getting ready to go out etc and i think families with small children would especially miss it, so i'm mentioning it here...

the room absolutely stunk of drainage on arrival, although that cleared by the second day, still, very unwelcoming arrival and there isn't much of a view from any of the balconies as far as i could tell, just the hotel across the road and lots of shade....the room was not cleaned once during our 5 day stay, we had one towel change but no bed sheet change and the bins werent changed at all, which i'll come back to later..

on the positive side, the pool is a decent size (if perhaps the coldest one in the world) and its based in a decent location with a short walk to a beautiful beach up the hill, and a short walk downhill to the strip, with endless bars/restaraunts and shops.....the entertainment is your usual stuff, very good for kids and half decent in the evenings for the adults......the bar staff were friendly and the breakfasts were ok, but for your evening meals you're best staying away...we found "richards" up the hill to be the nicest place in the area foodwise, very friendly irish place....

as a last thing i must mention our check out, whereby we had to wait while the staff checked our room before we could have our 100 euros deposit back...and after waiting 10 minutes, the lady from reception returned, with the bags from our bin in hand, plonking them in my lap, telling me to take them out before we'd get our desposit back!

was quite funny in retrospect, but looking at other reviews it looks like we're not the only people this has happened to...we shouldnt of been surprised really though, that after cleaning the room ourselves for 5 days and re-using the same bedsheets, that we were expected to play binman too, as overall it is what it says on the tin, its a cheap BASIC hotel and as many others have stated, you do get what you paid for here.....which is not much!

avoid if you can afford somewhere else, and if you cant, remember to take out your rubbish!

by R Benson