Oaklands Country House Hotel

Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Oaklands Country House Hotel

1 2 »
Excellent value for money

"12 family members stayed on a dinner bed and breakfast for 3 nights. It was excellent value for money. The meals were very good and the staff did everything they could for us. We had a very spacious room for 3, the standard of accommodation was good. We read complaints about the drive to the hotel - it's single track and not tarmaced but you can see the hotel from the road, it's only about 200 yds - I don't know what they're moaning about. Highly recommended."

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, breakfast and dinner, Booked Independently
by The organiser

Exellent

"Great stay from start to finish. Staff extremly pleasant and helpful and food superb. Breakfast was great"

by lucy199

Excellent

"Was a bit concerned about this hotel after reading other reviews. Could not fault it room was lovely nice and airey. Food was excellent. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Location was ideal. The driveway up to the hotel was not the best a couple of potholes but this is not the hotel it belongs to the landowners. Only single track but not really an issue."

by YorkshireLass065

Excellent Hotel Shame About Drive - Would Reccommend

"We Stayed her in June for 2 nights Dinner included **

These Reviews can be so offputting - i was dreading staying here because of the AWFUL reviews but im so glad we went - Its set in a beautiful Location the hotel is lovley, clean & airy - Check In and out were excellent and all of the Staff were amazing - Food was exceptional - very nice and fresh, Bedroom large clean crisp lovley- Lady Cleaning our room Dawn was Lovley ** Thanks for making us so welcome** -- please make your own mind up before letting other peoples views influence you - yes the road to the hotel is horrendus but that is the fault of the land owner not the Hotels - ******* Excellent Stay we will definatly be back ** Thanks

by travellingQueen075

Dont book again, once is enough

"My company booked this as I had an early meeting in Grimsby next day, they thought they were doing me a favour. Usually stay at Premier Travel Inns but the one in GRimsby was full. This really is awful and in need of a total refurbishment, wall paper was peeling off in the room. Got a good price booking through last minute.com £25 less than the hotel was charging. If I had paid the hotel rate would have not been happy at all. Breakfast was good, staff friendly enough"

by AA10

Take some earplugs

"If you are going to this hotel dont forget your earplugs as it has NO sound insulation. We stayed for 2 nights, the first night we were above a disco and the second night above a rock group. The noise was so bad the room was vibrating!!!

The staff were kind and attentive but drinks were charged at 5* prices

Take my advice get another hotel.

by makem pete

Total Nighmare

"This is a great hotel if you want a guarentee of no sleep. Having been booked in here for quite a few evenings by my company I can give a very honest view of what this dump is really like. The rooms are incredibly noisy due to the poor build of where the majority of rooms are. You can hear everything going on above you and either side of you, and I mean everything!! Don`t bother trying to put the tv on as it probably won`t work!! The beds are awful, rooms are small and water so hot it will scold you! The only positve thing is the breakfasts which are made to order and very good, also served by nice staff.

There is a travel inn just up the road, maybe clinical places, but if your not hard of hearing I would advise you stay there. You will also have a few extra quid left in your wallet - good luck.

by xyz1London

World Class

"I am just writng to say what a wonderful stay we had at The Legacy Oaklands Country House Hotel. It was an absolute pleasure staying there from start to finish. We went on a murder mystery evening and the team were amazing, food exceptional and the room and price was fabulous. We have since booked for Christmas - as we did last year - as it was a truly magical experience.Thank you all at The Oaklands and cant wait to return!!!"

by stu147

Very Disappointed

"Myself and my husband came to this hotel as our friends were getting married and we thought it would be a nice treat to stay over.

The hotel itself is very beautiful from the outside and grounds are lovely. The wedding inself was fab and very well organised and the food was very good.

The room we had on the other hand was something else..

The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I think I have ever slept in. You could feel every spring, and it looked like a dated teens bedroom. The bathroom was nice enough but the room was awful. There was no air con either and it was unbearably hot. The was a fan in the room so it was obviously a problem but that just circulated warm air.

The breakfast was ok in the morning but given the location and all the lovely local produce that is available we thought it would have been alot better. I'm really not a picky person but I think this hotel possibly survives on its name and not its quality. For the money they charge, this place is well overdue a refurb. It also seemed that cheap labour is employed which reflects in the service.

I won't be staying again!

by lanny_uk

made the most of it

"my partner, my 2yr old daughter and i attended the oaklands on the 2nd august 08 for a wedding and had a room booked for our stay. as we were driving up the pot-holed road up to the hotel we were not pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the hotel which looked somewhat scruffy. as the wedding was about to begin we were all told to enter the registry room 'NOW' by an overweight, overbearing man in a red jacket who really needed to learn some manners as all the guests were becoming quite annoyed as the day went on with his attitude. the wedding meal itself i could not fault. the food was hot and was very delicious. the garden leading from the laceby suite was very secure for my daughter however her running around was constantly interrupted by her fending off the incredible amount of wasps flying around her, -in fact one even found its way inside the bride's dress!. when we got our room key we discovered a room had not been booked for us and we were given a room right at the top of the hotel without a bed for my daughter. room service gave us a camp bed for her. the bedding for this was inadequate as we were given two double bed sheets, a cot-size quilt which was heavily stained without a cover and also a pillow without a cover. the room itself was very outdated and worn. we also attended the evening function. the disco/dj provided was very good but the buffet food was appalling. there were only 5 different items to choose from and the sandwiches were curled and dried at the edges. we decided not to attend breakfast on the sunday morning and vacated our room as soon as possible"

by janeGrimsby

Not good

"We stayed at the Oaklands hotel for two nights while visiting family nearby. We chose this hotel because we had seen it on previous trips to the area – what a mistake.

The room (standard double) was clean BUT, was very small, the furniture was very worn, with possibly the most uncomfortable bed I have ever had the misfortune to sleep on (or at least try to, unsuccessfully) also the wallpaper was peeling in one corner. The biggest problem is noise – The walls are very thin and the upper floors are squeaky, so people returning to their rooms late at night wakes the whole place up. Beware that this is a major wedding and party venue, so loud music plays until late most weekends, when this stops you have the problem of noisy people making their way to their rooms.

The bathroom had been refurbished to a reasonable standard, although they only have capacity for one set of towels in the bathroom so they hid the ‘spare’ towels in a drawer under the TV. This seems silly as it’s a double room with two occupants booked in!

We only ate Breakfast on both mornings, this is acceptable in terms of food quantity and quality (had better, had worse) but the service is not the best, especially on a morning following a wedding when the hotel has a full compliment of guests.

We did complain the first morning and asked to be moved to a quieter room, this we were told was not possible and the rooms where we were located were the quiet ones. We complained again on checkout and received a £20 reduction. I won’t be returning.

As far as I am concerned, the standard of accommodation in such a hotel should be at least as good as that of a Travel Inn, in this case it falls short.

by kBloke

The Oakland’s Hotel is conveniently...

"The Oakland’s Hotel is conveniently located within easy access of Grimsby town centre. It is also close to Humberside Airport and would be a convenient stopping off place for either.

The approach is through small villages and country lanes, however, the access at night can be tricky as it is via a poorly lit track.

On the approach to the hotel I was struck by the imposing view with good surrounding gardens confirmed the following day.

The layout is pretty unusual downstairs with the reception, bar, and lobby area all merging into one.

The staff were pleasant; however, the hotel itself just misses it for me and is a little tired around the edges. Furthermore, it has a musty odour upstairs which was a little off putting.

There are no leisure facilities; however, the rooms were of a good standard if a little cold and not easy to warm through. The water pressure was very low and having a shower was a real challenge.

Breakfast was to a good standard with the staff again very helpful.

In conclusion, I would only be tempted back to this hotel if the price was very competitive, however, it is not bad, and I suspect that fair value could be achieved for a reasonable base from which to discover North East Lincolnshire.

by M103

1 2 »

Map for Oaklands Country House Hotel

Top traveller tips for Oaklands Country House Hotel
  • by The organiser

" Maritime museum, explore the coast - Horseshoe point, steam train in Cleethorpes "