Sagrada Familia Hotel

Service: 7.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sagrada Familia Hotel

Do Not Go Here- Thefts

"On arrival at the hotel i was suprised that it had only recieved a 3 star rating. It was very clean, the staff were poliet and the room was nice.

However 2 days into my holiday i realised why the rating was 3 and i truely believe that this rating is far too high.

I has 300 euro's stolen from my locked suitcase, in my locked hotel room. Now i understand that many of you would think, oh well you were stupid i would keep it in the safe. To think this would be foolish. This hotel is under INVESTIGATION by the police for a series of thefts from the rooms. When the staff were confronted on this, they ALL were extremely unhelpful and incompetent. The manager of the hotel was not avaliable, the staff were rude and lied about their knowledge of past thefts. They denied that their staff were to blame, but also denied that the door security systems did not work. So they were unable to explain how this could of happened.

This hotel is dodgy and the staff are liars and can not be trusted. They are unwilling to help and accept responsibility.

Do NOT go to this hotel.

• Holiday details: Apr 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Good For: , City Breaks
by laurasiddiqui

Great location, nice place to stay

"My husband and I booked this hotel over the internet. It was a nice place to stay, the room is quite small and the a/c did not work (it was march so it didnt matter) but it was an overall good experience. The hotel restaurant was not working while we stayed there (it was under renovation) so I can't say if it was good or bad. That wasn't really a problem since there are cafeterias everywhere. The location is GREAT especially since it's close to everything but not close enough to be bothered by noise from the streets. The staff was ok, I harldy interacted with them.

I would recomend it and stay there again.

by adrianal

Good value for money

"The Sagrada Familia has a good location near to the popular church and the Metro. The staff are friendly and helpfull and rooms are clean and wellequipped. But please make sure you dont get a room next to the elevators, as they are very noisy. Breakfast is also good and is served until 10.30 on weekdays and until 11.00 on weekends, which is perfect. All in all a good middleclass hotel just outside the citycentre, which you can reach via Metro in 15 minutes or by taxi at around 7-10 Euro."

by ffkent

Just O.K.

"First the positives: The location was good, being literally a couple of blocks from la Sagrada Familia as well as a metro station. Nice to have that stunning work of architecture as the first thing you see each morning as you begin your travels. It was also nice having a small internet business center across the street. The hotel does have a computer in the lobby, but it was always occupied. Security safe in the room was convenient, but I was very surprised that they charged extra for using it.

The room was not exactly spotless. Walls were dirty and the blanket was stained. The half-door on the bathtub meant it was impossible to take a shower without soaking the whole room.

The gentlemen at the front desk in the evenings were helpful and friendly, but some of the women in the mornings were not so nice. The power went out early one morning so we couldn't see to use the bathroom (it was still dark). When my wife went downstairs for the third time to check on the status of the problem, the front desk attendant snapped at her, saying that she "was busy too!" Fortunately, the repairman showed up just in time for us to get ready and (barely) make our bus reservations.

The hotel was certainly adequate, but I would have expected a bit more for the price.

by zayatz

Good Location

"Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, great location!

The room was spacious and clean, and had a good view of the city.

Location excellent, just round the corner from the beautiful cathedral its named after.

I have to say if you do have the courage to climb the sagrada familia make sure you take a camera as the views from the top (not for the faint hearted - like my partner!) are spectacular!

We went on this trip in February, the weather was lovely, warm enough for just a jumper, and very sunny. The food is very reasonable in Barcelona and Las Ramblas is an excellent venue to soak up the Catalan atmosphere.

I also have to throughly recommend a trip to The Magic Fountains, they only operate during the summer seasons I believe, but having been on a previous trip to Barcelona it really is an amazing night out

by geordielady_7

Would definitely recommend!!

"I booked this holiday as a celebration of my mum's 60th and my 30th birthdays. I read loads of reviews on here as I wanted to make sure this holiday was a pleasant experience. We had a little difficulty finding the hotel as we decided to venture onto the metro, and it was dark at the time - we found a very helpful Information point where the staff drew us directions and we found it in no time. The next day, finding our way around in the light was absolutely fine! The hotel was all we could have hoped for, the buffet breakfast was delicious with a wide variery to choose from. The staff were all friendly, especially at the check in desk, and our towels were changed every day even if we didn't request it! Overall the hotel was an excellent base to explore the city from. We didn't spend much time in the room so it didn't really matter what it was like, but it added to the experience. Would definitely recommend it."

by vickyclem

Fine for a weekend break

"We stayed here for two nights in January and found this modern and clean hotel to be adequate for a city break. The staff were helpful and we were pleasantly surprised that the hotel was one of the few in Barcelona we have stayed at to actually meet our request for a double bed (rather than twin). Our room on the seventh floor was fairly small, but clean, modern and very quiet with a great comfy bed, and equipped with TV (though no sign of the advertised mini-bar). Unfortunately it reeked of (long-term) smoke, despite the no-smoking sign in the room. Like a previous reviewer found, air flow was a problem, the room was hot (even in January) and we kept the windows open 24/7 since our air-con only pumped out hot air. The shower room was large and equipped with basic toiletries, but there were some really unpleasant smells coming from the drains. Breakfast buffet in the morning was fine and included fruit, cereal, cheese, ham, cakes. Location wise, the hotel is only two blocks from the Sagrada Familia metro, to take you into the city centre. Its quite a trek into the city centre on foot, though we enjoyed walking across to Passeig de Gracia and down that way both days. Beware if booking via Hotelopia as, at time of writing, their map puts the hotel 8 blocks closer to the city centre which is very misleading - but obviously this is no reflection on the hotel. Overall, we had some niggles with the hotel (mainly the smells in our bedroom and bathroom!), but for the time spent in our room and the price we paid we could certainly have done worse. I would stay here again, but only if, as on this occasion, they were offering a better deal than some of the great 4-star hotels in the Sarria district."

by Hamsterchild

Very nice hotel!

"A very nice hotel and a great location. Easy to get around and walking distance to the Sagrada Familia and easy access to the subway. The room was nice and comfortable but my only complaint was air flow was not very good so it would get a little warm even on cool days. The staff was friendly and helpful. A computer is available in the lobby for checking email. We did not have breakfast at the hotel but there are many places around and including many little shops. I would stay again!"

by GerardChi

Sagrada Familia Hotel perfect for pre-cruise

"We booked the Hotel Sagrada Familia for 1 night pre-cruise and absolutely loved it. Yes, it's a little removed from Placa Catalunya but with the metro, getting around was a breeze. There are good restaurants on Avenue Gaudi and we wish we had booked it for our 3 nights post-cruise instead of small apartment in Barri Gotic. Anyone staying here will not be sorry. The only downside was us wanting to check in early and we had to wait until almost 3 p.m. after a long overnight flight from U.S."

by mimiccr

A great find

"This little hotel was an absolute find. It was built in 2004 and the rooms are fresh, clean, quiet and totally adequate for a city break. The bathrooms are well equipped with shower, bath, toilet and basin along with basic toiletries and a hairdryer. TV and air conditioning too. Breakfast is buffet style but with plenty of choice. Location wise the hotel is around 2 mins walk from the Gaudi's Sagrada Familia which has a metro right next door. I would thoroughly recommend getting a 2 day tourist bus pass that takes you to all the tourist attractions within and slightly outside the main city area.

If you are staying in the city for the day after checking out of the hotel, just ask the reception staff to hold your bags and they will lock them away in a cupboard for you to collect later.

All in all I would thoroughly recommend and definitely go back when I next visit the city. A definite thumbs up!

by A TripAdvisor Member

Nice Hotel

"My gf and i stayed at this hotel for 5nights, i didnt expect much from it at all but it was a very nice hotel, very very clean and modern hotel, the rooms were quite small with no balcony so dont expect a large room. The reception staff spoke little english however they were very friendly and tried to help the best they could. It was quite a way out of the main city centre but about a 2min walk from the famous gaudi cathedral. There is a metro station next to the cathedral where you can get anywhere in the city from and i recomment getting a pass, i got a 5day pass which was 20euros and we used to get to the cental areas, the zoo the neu camp, olymipic village, airport etc. There were a couple of bars and places to eat around the hotel tho very limited there were a few fast food places and a supermarket. I would recomend this to any budget traveller and anyone wanting a short break in the city and great holiday very recomended.

Feel free to email me if you need to know anything else.

by Steve011

Read 111 additional reviews of Sagrada Familia Hotel

Map for Sagrada Familia Hotel Closest airport: Barcelona (BCN) 8.2 miles

Top traveller tips for Sagrada Familia Hotel
  • by laurasiddiqui

" Jam Sonik on las rambles, its a briliant bar/club "