Foscari Palace Hotel

Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Foscari Palace Hotel

If you have never been to Venice -...

"If you have never been to Venice - go. It is the most amazing city we have visited, and if you're and like food and shops, (in that order!) you will be in heaven.

Be a bit wary of pricing in bars and restaurants as these do fluctuate a lot, you will pay more for instance if you sit down!! St. marks square is a must and breathtaking, avoid cafes in the square unless money is of no concern to you. 13 euros for a hot chocolate, 8 euros for a cup of tea!!!!

Anyway the Foscari Palace is a lovely hotel. It feels very grand yet on a smaller scale, our room was really nice with everything you would need. The mini bar was reasonably priced which was nice. Our only let down was the jacuzzi bath was not working and there is no iron available - you have to pay for their laundry service. Staff on the whole very polite and helpful. Breakfast was a buffet but was superb, everything you could want, and plenty of proccuito!!

I would love to return to Venice. We only stayed 2 nights. If we did return I think I would stay here again.

Enjoy your trip

by J Roberts

Beautiful, Quiet Hotel

"My husband and I just returned from a four day stay at the Foscari Palace in Venice. It was a terrific hotel with very nice large rooms. The continental breakfast was one of the best that we have ever had in Europe. Additionally, the service in the breakfast room was excellent. The front desk personnel were okay, but not overly friendly or helpful. I would definately stay here again. It was located on the Grand Canal between Riato bridge and Ca' D Oro. We fould the location to be convenient for the vapporetto and the traghetto crossing was right at the front door."

by J85vette

The most lovely hotel in Venice.

"Just a few words to say that staying at Foscari was a wonderful experience. Rooms are simply beautiful, location is excellent: close to everything yet quiet, and the staff has the right answer for any imaginable question.

Highly recommended!!!!

Fantastic

"Having checked the hotel using the reviews from this website I can say that I hearterly agree.

The place was fantastic. They had a slight problem regarding rooms, so upgraded us free of charge. The room (rooms!) were very large and beautifully decorated and clean. In fact this was the same for the whole hotel, very new, very clean and very helpful staff. They even sorted us a seats at a local resturant on the first night as we were not sure where to eat.

Location was ideal, quiet, yet very good for vaporeto stops and the traghetto is just outside the door.

Basically the best hotel I have stayed in. Thanks to all the staff.

by mgrt09

Foscari heaven!

"Literally just back from 3 nights at the Foscari - and really REALLY loved it! The photos on the hotel's website do not do it justice - it's so clean and elegant - everything is new and in perfect condition (the hotel has just been refurbished) and each room has a great TV - Venice is usually quite at night, so I'm not ashamed to admit that we had to watch one of the DVDs played by the hotel each night!

The breakfast was indeed delicious. My husband particularly loved the freshly squeezed orange juice - I, the wonderful array of fruit, cheese and meat each morning. The staff were so terribly helpful and efficient - particularly Marco, the friendliest Venician in the city! And the free Italian lessons (from the receptionist who wouldn't let us have our room key until we pronounced the room number in Italian!) were vital!

An incredible location, easy access to everything (we didn't waste any money on water buses - but walked everywhere!) and there is a McDonalds just around the corner - if you get really desperate! (which we didn't!)

I would stay there again in a second and would recommend that you try the Foscari Palace if you're planning to go to Venice. It's definitely a 5 star hotel - such great service and delicate little touches (every glass engraved, every towel, napkin embroidered) A wonderful place and a memorable trip to cold January Venice!

by kazziel

Gorgeous Hotel

"My g/f and I stayed at Foscari Palace for three days in mid-January. We were initially given a room on the second floor w/two single beds and a view of the adjascent building. We complained and w/little objection were given a superior room w/a king sized bed, a sizable terrace and a big marble bathroom. The location was phenomenal, a 30-second walk from the Ca D'oro vaporetto stop, very near to the phenomenal restaurant Vini da Gigio, and a short stroll to P. San Marco. The room was quite large, well appointed and the service impeccable. Two of the three nights we stayed at F. Palace they had little "cocktail parties" w/prosecco, bites and a string trio playing Vivaldi. In addition to their normal service, owing to our lack of Italian, we asked that the front desk make restaurant reservations for us, they did so and also helped us find the quickest route to another superb Venice restaurant, La Zucca. Would stay at F. Palace again in an instant."

by A TripAdvisor Member

A quiet, warm hotel in Venice.

"My husband and I stayed at the Foscari Palace Hotel for three nights in December 2004. Its location near the Ca D'Oro vaporetti stop was ideal, as we were arriving from the train station, so a quick ride on the #1 took us right where we needed to be (tip: after getting off at the Ca D'Oro stop, walk down the alleyway, then turn right onto the main thoroughfare. The hotel is a block away, on your right). Our room was a bit narrow, but all the high-tech goodies made my husband very happy (although not all the cool bathtub features were working - oh well). Excellent soundproofing protected us from most of the noise on the canal, and the shutters made it perfectly dark at night. We seem to have visited Venice during a very quiet period (the week before Christmas), as there was very little going on after about 8 p.m. in the evening, so the flat-panel TV in our room did get some use.

The only thing that I missed was that the hotel did not feel very Italian to me. The staff, although polite and efficient, were clearly not locals, and the hotel had a distinctively Germanic (or perhaps Swiss) air. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it was a bit different from what I had expected. But all in all, we had a very pleasant stay, and would recommend it to friends who plan to visit Venice.

by KGill

4-star + hotel

"Stayed at Foscari Palace for 2 nights 28-30 Nov. Agree with other posters. Great modern (yet very Venetian decor + very high ceiling) room and bathroom (jacuzzi did not work but that doesn’t matter), staff (especially one girl) very helpful. Their roof top terrace is not to be missed. It gives 360 degree panorama view over venetian roofs and the Grand Canal. We had a corner room (superior double) with frontal G.C. view but the view from the terrace was much better. Great 4-star+ hotel."

by kat1

Fabulous Foscari

"My wife and I stayed there 16th - 19th December, 2004. Arriving by water taxi at the front door on a cold wet night, to a warm friendly welcome... The rooms are very comfortable, the bathrooms luxurious, the breakfast magnificent and the staff extremely friendly and helful, especially recommending restaurants.

The Hotel Foscari Palace which only opened June 2004, is located on the Grand Canal, next to the Traghetti (gondola ferry) at Santa Sofia looking across the canal towards the Rialto market. Walking to the various attractions is easy.

We will definitely be back!

by Petants

Superb

"We stayed at the Foscari Palace for my wife's 40TH between 11/12/04 and 14/12/04. The hotel is excellent with rooms recently refurbished to a high standard and the most friendly and helpfull staff we have ever come across. Breakfast is a feast and the fact that there is no restaurant for evening meals means you have the excuse to use a good choice of nearby fish restaurants again with friendly staff. The hotel has a comfortable lounge area and is within 50 metres of a water taxi stop and a gondila crosses the Grand Canal right outside.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone and the 4 star rating on expedia is accurate...believe me.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Foscari! A Palace fit for anyone!!

"I booked this hotel as a Birthday present for my partner, she absolutely loved everything about the place, as did I.

The staff were friendly and attentive, breakfast buffet was a complete feast with fresh bread, all types of fruit, cereal, cold meats and even hot food!

The rooms were elegant & superbly decorated, and the bathrooms were the best I have ever seen in a hotel. The bed was enormous...Even though it was late Nov 2004, the weather was good and the highlight of the trip was drinking champagne on the hotel roof garden waving to the gondolas & waterbus's going along the Grand Canal.

If you want a 4* hotel in a 7* star location, then the Foscari Palace is the one for you.

by goforit333