Playamar

Service: 5.5/10
Food: 3.5/10
Value: 5.5/10
Cleanliness: 5.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Playamar

1 2 35 »
Good two star Hotel

"Its a basic hotel and it really depends on personal preference if its enough or not. During our stay I would say 50% were enjoying their stay and 50% were not so happy. It was clean and tidy. The showers and toilet flush could be improved but this is a 2 star hotel. We were all inclusive and had three good meals a day with plenty to drink and no stomach upsets. I think a better hot counter for the food might be a good move but food I'd give 3 out of 5. The pools are really clean and tended to daily. Staff lovely and helpful. The beeches are wonderful and swimming in the sea was just delightful. There was a variety of ages and a mix of families and couples. We had a few nice walks and all in all a good holiday. Its worth giving it ago if your looking for a good low cost holiday. But don't choose a 2 star hotel if you are fussy or want 4 star. Bars - The little welsh bar and the one opposite beginning with 'T'. For food - Faulty Towers, food fresh and can't be faulted! The poor man running it gets a little stressed even when its not that busy so I hope it has extra hands during peak season. There is also a great Chinese restaurant in Sa Coma, they do an all you can eat buffet for 8.50 euros. You can fill your plate as many times as you wish an trust me the food is exceptional. S'illot has a lovely little beach has does Sa Coma a few minutes walk from hotel. Its a beautiful island with great weather but if you just want to stay at the hotel for the duration of your holiday you may need to pay more an stay at a four star complex."

• Holiday details: Jun 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Stay in main hotel your unlikely to be bitten.
by Claire71

No matter how good the deal seems....... Don't stay here!

"Playamar s'illot....Worst holiday we have EVER been on!! We arrived at the airport at half 9 on Saturday night, myself my husband and my 1 year old daughter eventually found our coach (with no help from any of the other drivers, they were so rude!). We had to wait for 2 hours at the airport whilst waiting on other flights to arrive in order to fill the coach! We finally arrived at the hotel at 12.30 Saturday night to be greeted by a not so friendly member of staff at the reception who allocated us our room. When given our room number we asked him if there was def a cot for our daughter (she was asleep in the buggy already and wanted to put her straight in), I had previously phoned the week prior to double check that there was a cot which I was assured there was twin beds and a cot in the room we were booked into. When we got to the 3rd floor and just about got the buggy and cases through the very narrow corridor, which had a towel laid in the middle of one spot as there was a leak, we walked into a VERY small dreary room with NO COT but a little toddler bed! The room was so unsafe for small children as the tiles on the floor were laid very uneven with sharp edges sticking up. We were literally in the room for 5 to 10 minutes when my husband laid our little one on the bed as she was doubled over in the buggy so that he could go back down to the reception to say about a cot. Just as he had laid her down she jumped up and fell face first on the tiled floor. Blood was all over the room as she had cut her head on the sharp badly laid floor tiles! Great start to the holiday! Myself (6 months pregnant) ran down the flights of stairs to reception to be given pure alcohol and told to put it on her cut!!!! We asked for a doctor to be called and when they arrived we found that she needed a stitch. My husband and doctor had to hold her on the bed whilst the nurse stitched her cut. We did get moved to a larger (family) room, which was just as unsafe as the last but with a cot. As the man at reception had phoned for a private doctor we were charged a total of 230 euro for one stitch which later on in the holiday we found that the hotel and the horrible 'manager' took no responsibility for as " we should have been watching our daughter!" The whole holiday experience was so awful that we paid 160 pounds to change to earlier flights home as we were so exhausted (from having to lie on the hard bed beside the cot with my hand on my daughter every night to make sure she didn't topple out of the dodgy, small piece of rubbish they called a cot. You couldn't leave her to walk about the room either as there was dangers everywhere in sight, our door to the balcony didn't even close which she could have easily have pushed open onto the balcony which dipped forward onto a very unsafe railing with large gaps along he bottom! My heart was in my mouth the whole time! I could go on all day.....JUST DON'T GO THERE!"

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with On the beach
  • Advice: Just don't go there!
by Lauren M

No matter how good the deal seems....... Don't stay here!

"Worst holiday we have EVER been on!! We arrived at the airport at half 9 on Saturday night, myself my husband and my 1 year old daughter eventually found our coach (with no help from any of the other drivers, they were so rude!). We had to wait for 2 hours at the airport whilst waiting on other flights to arrive in order to fill the coach! We finally arrived at the hotel at 12.30 Saturday night to be greated by a not so friendly member of staff at the reception who allocated us our room. When given our room number we asked him if there was def a cot for our daughter (she was asleep in the buggy already and wanted to put her straight in), I had previously phoned the week prior to double check that there was a cot which I was assured there was twin beds and a cot in the room we were booked into. When we got to the 3rd floor and just about got the buggy and cases through the very narrow corridor, which had a towel laid in the middle of one spot as there was a leak, we walked into a VERY small dreary room with NO COT but a little toddler bed! The room was so unsafe for small children as the tiles on the floor were laid very uneven with sharp edges sticking up. We were literally in the room for 5 to 10 minutes when my husband laid our little one on the bed as she was doubled over in the buggy so that he could go back down to the reception to say about a cot. Just as he had laid her down she jumped up and fell face first on the tiled floor. Bood was all over the room as she had cut her head on the sharp badly laid floor tiles! Great start to the holiday! Myself (6 months pregnant) ran down the flights of stairs to reception to be given pure alcohol and told to put it on her cut!!!! We asked for a doctor to be called and when they arrived we found that she needed a stitch. My husband and doctor had to hold her on the bed whilst the nurse stitched her cut. We did get moved to a larger (family) room, which was just as unsafe as the last but with a cot. As the man at reception had phoned for a private doctor we were charged a total of 230 euro for one stitch which later on in the holiday we found that the hotel and the horrible 'manager' took no responsibility for as " we should have been watching our daughter!" The whole holiday experience was so awful that we paid 160 pounds to change to earlier flights home as we were so exhausted (from having to lie on the hard bed beside the cot with my hand on my daughter every night to make sure she didn't topple out of the dodgy, small piece of rubbish they called a cot. You couldn't leave her to walk about the room either as there was dangers everywhere in sight, our door to the balcony didn't even close which she could have easily have pushed open onto the balcony which dipped forward onto a very unsafe railing with large gaps along he bottom! My heart was in my mouth the whole time! I could go on all day.....JUST DON'T GO THERE!"

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, booked with On the beach
  • Advice: Just don't go there!
by Lauren M

awfull

"the hotel was very dated but clean the staff were rude and ignorant the food was terrible we spent most of our week at the sister hotel playa blanca as the palce was alot frendlier we met some lovely people s;illot itself was a lovely place but would not reccomend this hotel no air con in rooms the restrant was like a rugby scrum"

• Holiday details: Jun 2013
  • Advice: not to stay at payamar
by lisangary

Great value

"I have just returned from this hotel on a al basis I'm a fussy eater but ate well every day apartment dated but very clean , i was a bit worried after reading the reviews but take no notice its a very reasonable hotel , if you want 5 star accommodation pay 5 star money , and i would return next year"

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Direct Holidays
  • Advice: All great
by dawn123

the playamar s;illot

"just arrived back the hotel was very dated the staff were unpleasant the food was awfull the entertainment was rubbish there was no air con in rooms there were no snacks for kids and the all inclusive went off at 10pm but we did meet some lovely people at the playa blanca which u can use there facilities.we arrived late thurs nite and cud,nt get a drink after travelling with 2 children by sun we were,nt eating at hotel as it was like a rugby scrum."

• Holiday details: Jun 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: going to the playa blanca
by zonga

hotel playamar sillot

"the hotel was clean very basic

the rooms in the hotel were awfall no aircon tiny and we where under the kitchen and games room so couldnt sleep unsafe fixings could easliy fall to sotries up out the window as it opended fully also you felt unsafe as when we where there the where things stolen

pool is cleaned like every 3 days and just brushed down

food was aalright for the first day however any left overs expect to eat it for the rest off the week till its gone reheated chips and the dinners pizza for breakfast cant imagine thats healthy

staff where not that friendly

we got moved to the appartments as the hotels rooms where unbearable. the apartments where lovly had the whole faimily it had basic kitchen so you could have your own food from pre heatin food

all that was bearable but the worst problem was there was no prober fire allarms which had us on edge as there was a fire in the hunymoonsuit which is in the appartment block where they were sleeping the only reason there still alive is that a a family noticed black smoke billowing out the building so told the staff , which they did nothing so it was left to people relax ing on holiday to sort check everyones out . after that the hotel tryied covering up that there was a fire but it was massive they tried saying it was a bbq on a table which burnt no fire. it was clearly a fire as the whole side of the building was black. these people who where in the fire where sent to a 5 star hotel to keep quite and the family which saved those people where not praised they where forced to leave the hotel so that news on the fire didnt spread.

although that was bad enough

the cleaners where awfall never cleaned probperally

someone craped on the stairs used by all holidayers and that was not cleaned up properally luckly it was are last night when we left there was still small sploges of dioria on the floor.

i wouldnt recomend it

i could go on forever but the list is endless .. so thats the basics of whathappend

ohh wait we got scammded into this holiday we booked thisonline this also happend to 10 other people we asked.

we expected to turn up to tthe hotels sister which is a high 4 star but we where sent here

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, Booked Independently
by mollychiswell

Very basic but clean

"If I had read some of the reviews on here I would never have gone to this hotel. We found the apartment clean but very basic. Just two electric rings , no kettle, microwave or tv. Towels were changed 3 times a week but the bedding was'nt changed for the full two weeks we were there. Cleaners were in and out in five minutes. I would recommend anyone staying at the Playamar to purchase mosquito repellent as I was bitten 14 times on the first night. I think I was lucky as some people had as many as 30 or 40 bites.

S'lliot has a nice beach and there are plenty of shops and bars. The Welsh Bar near the Playamar is cheap, friendly and the food is good.

I'm very glad we were self catering as we heard nothing good about the food.

by Rosee

great place

"hotel basic but fine for the price,would not recomend all inclusive need to get out and about,fantastic resort nice beaches and bars not much for kids though,great for lads and girls and more mature couples not youngsters though not much night life"

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: insect repelant a must
by daryll

Welcome to Hell.

"The worst hotel i have ever had the misfortune to stay in. It is dirty,unbearably warm and the food is terrible. the dining room staff seem to think that it's acceptable to provide crockery which is either greasy or cracked and chipped, DISGUSTING. Nearly every guest had either been bitten by mosquitos or bed bugs or both as it is hard to tell the difference. The rooms are small and dirty, no aircon ,no television and no help from reception when you complain about anything. We had a room overlooking the pools and only saw them being cleaned once in the week we were there.We were in S'illot in September 2012 and tried to find another Hotel but all were fully booked, the staff in other hotels knew immediately that you were either in the Playamar or the Play Blanca (sister hotel to the Playamar). S'illot is a lovely resort and has some beautiful hotels so if you want to go please avoid the Playamar as it will ruin what could otherwise be a very enjoyable holiday."

• Holiday details: Sep 2012
  • Advice: Don't go.
by Eric I

WHAT A JOKE, HOTEL FROM HELL AND AN ALL ROUND ****HOLE

"Ok so where do i start......when we arrived at the Palma airport we followed the instructions on the email from easyjet telling us where to go for our transfer and we get to the counter to be told RUDELY to go to another counter whos name was not the same as we were told would be handling our tranfer.

Whilst there at the desk we were told that the transfer would be leaving in 5 minutes, then 25 minutes later we finally leave. Then instead of the journey taking as we were advised between 40 mins to an hour and a half it actually took the coach driver over 3 hours, this consisted of him going passed our hotel twice and also having to ask directions, Aparently the driver had never done the journey before and was covering for someone that was that not available.

Ok so finally arrive at the hotel at just after 3am in the morning to be told that we have been given an apartment on the 5th floor but the lift was not working but would be fixed in the morning. It was fixed the next day but then the lift was broken for vertually everyday we were there bar one day. On the third day due to the lift still being broken and me being an asthmatic and also having our little boy who is only 2 years old, they offered us another room which we took and this was on the first floor.

I decided to treat my family and pay for an all inclusive holiday (yeah right) and what do we get set meal times with lunch time only being for an hour and a half when breakfast and dinner time gave you 2 hours to eat. No snacks at the bar and the drinks we were limited to were served to us in plastic cups and tasted more like watered down alcohol than actually spirits, cocktails appallling to drink and were ready made from a drink despenser. They ran out of majority of drinks including apple juice, vodka, white wine and also lemonade and took them over a day to re-stock (this is a hotel for goodness sake they should have plenty of stock and keeping an eye on when the stock got low so they knew how much to reorder. Also during dinner times all customers would get their drinks ordered and delivered to them but the customers who had decided to you know pay the extra money for better service had to go and get their drinks themselves, basically if you pay extra tough **** but if you havent paid that much for your holiday then the staff will do something for you.(holiday was advertised as all inclusive did not stipulate no snacks only set meal times and drinking times from 10am to 10pm).

Holiday was advertised as TV in room which there was but if you wanted to watch it then you had to pay for the ariel (once again this was not said in the advertisement).

The shower we had in our first room on the 5th floor was crap and did not run properly.

There was sunbeds around the pool at the hotel and a good majority of them were broken so you could not sit up properly.

Once again holiday was advertised as childrens entertainment and entertainment - what we actually got why we were there for 10 nights was 3 nights one disco if u could call it that, one karaoke night and some 55 year old women doing a dance which included a very over the top ****** moulin rouge dance in front of little children. The staff that worked at the hotel were the ones to provide the so called entertainment... this shows how much the hotel is willing to provide for their customers bugger all...

Their were large pot holes on the pool terrace where they cut trees down and not filled them up - very dangerous for children.. no safety awareness at all.

Mould on all of the balconies and looked very warn down and tired.

Gates on both the entrance and exit were never close and once again no safety awareness and the exit/entrance went straight out to the road - dangerous for children.

Food was diabolical and they had no thought for children as most couples we spoke to at the hotel said their kids did not want to eat the food and they brought in other food for them to have.

Lifeguard was only by the pool when he chose to be -which was not very often.

Toilets by the pool area were not cleaned or maintained very well and no baby changing facilities.

Being told our transfer booking was our responsability and not the hotel when the email we printed off from easy jet only said we had to confirm our transfer. Another couple we spoke to had to get a taxi and bus to the airport as their transfer was an hour before their flight and the transfer takes over an hour to get there.

Fire alarms do not work as when a fire broke out at the hotel a customer staying at the hotel smashed 5 fire alarms and none of them worked.....******** ridiculous, staff did nothing during fire apart from stare at the smoke and then finally the lifeguard decided to go up to the room along with a few men that were staying at the hotel to try and get everyone out.. police and firebrigade took over 20 minutes to arrive.

Food greatly disagreed with our stomachs and most of the food was pre-cooked and then reheated, so all of us and many people we spoke to had dodgy stomachs and were ill during their stay at the hotel.

No preventions in the hotel for insects such as providing the candles that repel insects like all of the resturants and cafes did long the s'illot beach.

During our stay someone had cut themselves and there was blood in the loby and staircase desite us telling the staff and reception about it - it still took them over 3 days to clean it up..

Toilet pan in our second room was even screwed to the floor.

No covers on the wall plugs - again not safety consideration for children.

Finally a few days before we left, a staff member drew on my partners white trousers, then when my partner confronted the member of staff was spoken to in spanish and heard the word tomorrow.. so my partner went to reception to speak to a manger just to be told not here and not even an apology was given, the receptionist just keep saying 'what do you want me to do'.

Bottom line is worst place ever been, do not recommend this and you could not pay me to stay there again......

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: do not stay here
by BLACKMJ87

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in

"We have just got back from staying at Playamar and I would happily say I would never set foot in there again. We ended up changing rooms 3 times, the first room was tiny and no chest of draws and on a busy road facing a building site. We eventually got a a apartment which had air conditioning. We all got bitten alive from the mosquitoes. The food was cold, boring and repeated daily. Deserts consisted of cold rice pudding and Jelly. The pool was nice. All inclusive finishes at 11:00 on day of departure which is great when you are not picked up till 20:00. What clouded my stay was when a man collapsed with a heart attack at breakfast and I was left doing CPR until the ambulance came as the staff had no equipment and limited first aid skills.

Do eat out for all meals there is a great little Irish Bar called Kenna in the back street. Insist on air conditioning the beaches and bars are lovely

• Holiday details: Aug 2012, booked with low cost beds
  • Advice: Eat out at all times
by Matt G

1 2 35 »

Map for Playamar Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 31.1 miles

Playamar photos (7 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Playamar
  • by 22yearsold

" nice catamaran trip to porto christo "

• by mumoftwo

" Eat at the little welsh bar or the red lion!! "

• by Ray Williams

" Dont go all inclusive and eat out "