Hotel Moreyo

Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

1 2 3 4 »
Recent holiday

"A very friendly hotel, spotlessly clean. Staff very helpful. Asked for a quiet room because of our age and having had a recent operation for cancer and we were given a lovely one overlooking the pool. Food not wonderful but you have to remember it is extremely cheap. Maybe better sticking to B&B and buying evening meal from hotel for which they could give you a discount if staying there would be best for all concerned. Great situation.

Jean Tanner

• Holiday details: Aug 2012
  • Advice: Possibly book room only
by youngatheart

Just Got Back From Hotel Moreyo

"Me and my partner just came back from 2 weeks, Staying at the hotel moreyo had a brilliant time.Going back again in september for 2 weeks, This hotel is well unrated should be a 4 star we stayed in room 306 perfect choice street view music stopped at midnight very quiet after that had good nights sleep.Clean room towels changed everyday, clean bed linen changed everyday and made we even got chocolate mints on our pillows everyday now for a basic room and a 1 star hotel, whats to moan about u get what you pay for,We had friends staying over the road at levante thomson gold they didnt get rooms cleaned like we did.All staff fab defo recommand,Beach a stone throw away what more can you ask for, for the price payed breakfast good.Ben behind the bar even offered to have my dress cleaned free of charged as red wine was down it how nice the staff all were, roll on september."

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Breakfast Included, booked with Direct Holidays
by Klaire121

Basic - what you pay for

"Regarding the review below about air fresheners, the day we arrived there was an air freshener put in the room whilst we were at the beach! The bath was dirty when we got there and the furnsihings need updating and replacing badly. But at the end of the day you get what you pay for and this hotel is rated 1 star! It is a great base if you can stand the heat at night. If not a fan is availabe for 2.5€ a day to hire from reception. You can spend as much or as little time as you wish there as there is more than plenty to do either way you turn out of the hotel. Agreed breakfast is poor and basic, but always fresh bread rolls and cold meat selection or cornflakes if you need to fill a hole. The coffee isnt bad either. I agree about the staff. Not as friendly as other places in the resort, unless you are in their bar at night. But this is the 2nd time we have been as its great as a base for seeing the rest of the resort and the beach at Cala Millor."

by Hels bells

I disagree completely with the earlier review!

"I have just got back from a week at the Hotel Moreyo. It is basic but very clean and has been run by the same family for years. Most nights we had live entertainment (usually a singer) - always very good. I met with people who have been going to Cala Bona for years as it is unspoilt by the usual trappings of a holiday resort. The streets are cleaned every morning and the locals are friendly. I am very surprised at the earlier review! I would certainly return to Cala Bona and would not hesitate to stay at the Moreyo Hotel. I recommend the Mellis restaurant (around the corner) - wonderful views; as well as the Vell Mari restaurant, overlooking the harbour."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: If you want a fairly quiet resort in a beautiful setting, this is it
by Susie

buy an air freshner before you arrive you will need it!!!

"Me & my husband have just spent our 1st hol without the kids so couldnt wait to arrive as all the reviews were great i wish we had never went there it ruined our holiday when we arrived & got to our room we were taken back by the smell of damp in our room which was foul, but it was as described clean not immaculate though but that was the only time it was clean was not cleaned again till 5 days when i had to complain as no fresh towels etc the toilet sink & bath had never seen a cleaner since we arrived, the cleaner did make the bed though but not quite the way anybody else would I left a souvenier cup & a packet of cigarettes in a carrier bag on the bed when i went out in the morning & the cleaner made the bed with the things still in it!! yes thats definitly top class service the food was disgusting glad we only booked bed & breakfast the bacon etc was sitting in about an inch of grease the fresh fruit is tinned rubbish you queue for about 10 mins for a slice of toast so we went round the corner to argos bar for fab large breakfast including drinks for 5 euros each the staff at the moreyo are really friendly when your spending money in the bar or on all the other things they are trying to hire to you Hektor was very friendly when we arrived till he realised we wouldnt be spending any of our hard earned money there as for entertainment what a load of rubbish they are all clapped out old wannabes that probably only the moreyo would employ!! its 49 euros for a mini fridge for a week buy a cool bag & ice believe me it works just the same for less than half the price if you hired everything they try to hire you it would cost you about 200 euros before you even start we are not fussy people but i have never in my life had to buy airfreshners while on holiday so i can bear to sleep in a room at night, cala bona itself is fantastic we have been before but stayed elsewhere i would never return to this hotel nor recommend it to my worst enemy its very dated the chair covers in the room were filthy (not just dirty) the curtains were covered in mould the patio doors dont lock the bathrooms have obviously just been updated so they look nice enough but no good if they arent kept clean a real let down for us,it was a big difference to the reviews we read so not sure who writes these the only good thing about this place was the location it was excellent but cala bona is so small anyway it wouldnt really matter where you stayed you would always be close to everything i do hope this review helps as had i have read something like this i would never have booked there"

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: cala bona is a fantastic place would definitly have another holiday there
by bettyboop

EXCELLENT ALL ROUNDER

"My dumbass current boyfriend has recently written and posted a review of our recent stay in Hotel Moreyo but unfortunately cant spell and got the name of his favourite restaurant completely wrong. It saddens me to have to show my superiority yet again but feel I need to so he doesnt look a complete fool by writing my own ACCURATE review. Knowing Hotel Moreyo was a 2 star I was expecting something very basic. I was however pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the whole hotel, friendliness of staff, standard of evening entertainment, excellent selection of food at both breakfast and evening meal and the two cute dogs. Would definately recommend this hotel and suggest you stay there for evening entertainment - especially Chris Diamonds support act. She had a fantastic voice & very attractive. Simon Cowell, get your ass over there but dont forget my 10% finders fee!"

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Small but attractive
  • Activities: Hotel Moreyo
by mamabishy

better than 2 star

"My chick & I stayed 1st week in Aug 09 & were very pleasantly surprised with the Hotel Moreyo. Although the decor & furniture were not the best, the rooms were cleaned & clean towels repleced everday. The buffet breakfast was worth getting up for & the evening buffet was 1st class. It was our cheapest evening meal all holiday but without a doubt, the best, & all for 8 euros. Pool small but very clean & plenty of seating for sun lovers. All the staff we found to be helpful. We've stayed in 3 star & 4 star hotels all over europe & UK & the Moreyo has trumped most & when you consider the price, location & round service, you can not help but be impressed. Would definately go again but next time Portugal:)"

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by grandpablake

friendly hotel

"stayed at this hotel for the second time ,both times have been good,hotel always lovely and clean staff always pleasant .I think the hotel should be upgraded and will be booking to stay there again .Been to cala bona five times its a great place and always spend are evenings at sanddancers family bar best in cala bona always a warm welcome from a warm geordie family a really great night out."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by mary hope

Great holiday

"Just got back from a week at the Moreyo. Staff all very friendly, food excellent, rooms cleaned daily and very spacious. No air-con in bedrooms so it got very hot, but still well worth it.

Location was good, close to the beach and shops. Live music every night, but stopped by midnight so not too noisy. I would be happy to go back again.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Fairly quiet resort - suitable for older visitors, relaxing.
by yvonne101

Our stay at Moreyo Hotel

"We really enjoyed our 4 night stay at the Moreyo. Was situated in a quiet location. Rooms were very clean and cleaned on a daily basis. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Food was alright. But what can you expect for a price so reasonable. Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday...."

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Very quiet place and relaxing
  • Activities: Cala Millor
by marciareacord

What a place cala bona

"My wife and myself have just returned from our stay at the Moreyo and what a fantastic place it is.Very pleasant at the reception as is all the staff 2 minutes to book in no lifts the stairs are not to bad to cope with.Got to the room very spacious new bath toilet shower very clean,cleaners came in every day and kept it spotless.No noise from the bar opposite as the hotel Sur was closed.The hotel is situated right in the heart of cala bona,the harbour the beach loads of resteraunts all with fantastic sea views within 2 minutes walk.Had some great nights out London inn great entertainment,The sanddancers i had no problem understanding the DJ he is from the same part of the world N.E.England and does the Geordie nation proud with his wicked sense of humour and welcome from all the staff.Also had a great night at Yates Bar where the happy hour nearly lasts all night long.Altogether a fantastic holiday and am looking forward to next year where we will be trying to get the Moreyo again."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by David from Bedlington

Just returned home from 2 weeks...

"Just returned home from 2 weeks staying at the Moreyo, hotel was ok, not the best but for a 1 star in was good. Rooms were cleaned everyday and the bathroom was lovely. Unfortunately the view from our room was rubbish stared straight at a block of apartments which also blocked the sun from our balcony!! The room was in desperate need of an update as very basic and furniture old and a bit broken!!! The ceiling was also very cracked and one night when there was a huge storm, my partner and i feared that it might fall in! But it didnt! Staff were lovely and very helpful, didnt really drink in the hotel bar as it was a bit pricey!!! The breakfast was nice, My partner did not like it as it was not hot enough for him, the hot plates that the food was kept on did not keep the food warm enough. I enjoyed it though!! Area in general is beautiful, beaches good and people ever so friendly! We will definately be back again. maybe not at the Moreyo though, probably get an apartment next time!!!"

by L Pickard

1 2 3 4 »

Map for Hotel Moreyo Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 35.5 miles

Hotel Moreyo photos (3 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Hotel Moreyo
  • by grandpablake

" Best food we had was in Hotel Cala Bona "

• by Hels bells

" Great as a base - basic tho "

• by a fellow traveller

" Nice, quiet & good for families. Bigger cities are a 1.8 euro ride away "