Exagon Park

Good

Service: 8.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Exagon Park

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
This was a really beautiful hotel in... by nikkilou

This was a really beautiful hotel in majorca. Its 4 star and warrants it. We chose to stay self catering as we do not like to be held to times when to eat-we are rather free spirits there!!- but I wish I had gone half board as the food I saw looked great. They left cakes and pastries in the pool side bar all day so anyone could help themselves-and we did. The rooms were always clean and tidy at the end of the day, the staff were mostly friendly (especially the night staff) and they put a lot on for the children. My gripes, though, are that the self catering rooms have a fridge and a hob only. No cooker or microwave and so not much can be cooked there so we ate out every day. The childrens/activity staff were unhappy to speak English to my children and kept on talking in German (most of the guests were German) even though I had asked them and they were perfectly capable of speaking English. At the evening karaoke sessions 90% of the songs were in German and when I wanted to sing a Beatles number they had mysteriously lost the disc. Then I heard a German singing Hey Jude and asked if they had found the disc and they said it was for Germans only...!!!!! Another gripe was that on my first day there I was getting out of the pool and a tile moved and I got my foot caught between two tiles and twisted and grazed my ankle. I told a member of staff who said "But you look ok and can walk" and refused to put it in the accident book, saying there wasnt such a book. I emailed iberostar after the holiday but they never got back in touch.

Apart from that (and the Germans putting out their towels on the pool chairs every evening-Oh, yes, really!) It was a lovely holiday and I would stay with Iberostar again but probably not in Majorca!!

hot hotel! by hammersmad

Me and a group of my friends and family of mixed ages all stayed at the Iberostar Exagon Park and all agreed that overall it was one of the best we've had!!

From the friendliness of all staff (including the excellent animation/entertainment team) to the quality and variety of food everything was perfect!!

The pool was surrounding areas were all clean and it was never a battle to find sunbeds, even for ten of us!! There were plenty of games organised during the day meaning that it was good for the active and not so active!! Always good fun!! The driving range, putting green and tennis court were some of the other excellent facilties!!

Evening entertainment consisted of a mixture of special shows and ones provided by the animation team!! All was light hearted and enjoyable!!

We stayed under the all inclusive option which i would recommend to everyone. There was a wide range of drinks available and plenty of cocktails for the more adventurous!!

The location was also good. Set in a very leafy area with a short walk to the beach and C'an Picafort town!! Quiet and secluded but with some bars a short walk away!

The guests were of mixed nationalities but with a fairly strong English contingent but all seemed perfectly friendly!!

Overall, the hotel and experience couldn't be faulted, the only problem was coming home after such a fantastic holiday!! This hotel really does live up to its rating!!

lovely relaxing break by zipy77

Me and my 2 friends are all 30 this year (all female) so we wanted to go away to somewhere quiet, good quaility and generally relaxing. We picked this hotel due to the number fo good reviews and were not dissapointed.

Hotel is lovely, rooms were smaller than expected, especially with 3 of us being in there but it wasn't detrimental. Towels were changed regualry, everyday if you so wish, they ask you to think of the environment and only request if you need more which i think is a good idea.

The food was lovely, couldn't have asked to for more. Good selection of foods, good quality, replenished regualry, it did become quiete repetetive after a few days but you get this whereever you go A/I.

Reading the review before mine i would agree the a/i option did feel somewhat awkward at times, especially with the bar staff. They knew there were 3 of us together yet they wouldn't give me 3 drinks so my friends had to go to the bar seperatley, stupid we thought and slightly petty!! After a few days and some eyelash battering they did relax with this!!

Also they won't serve you some alcoholic brands, mainly malibu....we didnt understand this and i took it up with the manager would couldnt honestly answer my quert and didnt really know why we couldnt have it whereas smirnoff was allowed....the brochures do state 'all international brands' but this is not the case, again, not detrimental but its the principle of it that annoys me!!

The pool is lovely and for me makes it a 4*. lots of room, loads of sunbeds and always a few available even in the afternoon.

I cant really complain about this hotel, it did everything it said it would on the tin (so to speak!) its further out from c'an picafort than we expected, it really is isolated, but the express train and bus service were good and cheap so this wasnt a problem.

We wanted a nice hotel from which we didnt have to leave (unless we wanted to) that did good food, had a nice pool, not to "british"! where we could relax and do very little. It ticked all these boxes.

The was a nice mix of differnet nationalitiles, lots of Spanish (which for me is a good thing and shows a good Spanish hotel!) french, german and english families.

The entertainemtn was pretty poor but it made us laugh and we didnt really expect much more really having travelled alot, it seems much of a muchness! They dont bother you round the pool which is a good thing but you can join in activities if you wish.

It's a lovely place for families with children, we were the only sinlges there but didnt feel awkward about this and everyone was really friendly.

I would reccomend this hotel for a relaxing holiday.

Fantastic place - shame it is over 14's next year by sallynsteve

Myself and family (2 children 4 and 9 and fiance), along with my parents stayed here for 11 nights during the August summer holidays.

We chose the all inclusive option which was overall fantastic with a wide range of foods at all meals - my son liking pancakes with ketchup for breakfast much to a certain waitresses amusement!

My only niggle was that the hotel is not exclusivly all inclusive and at times you can be made to feel a bit second class as one certain grumpy barman at the pool bar would take a look at your wristband and either refuse to serve you or only serve you one drink at a time even if your partner was sitting with you! Got quite annoying at times.

The kids had a great time and we were dismayed to find out that next year it will be over 14's only - sorry Jane they were right! - as this hotel is so perfect for familes.

And only one last thing to say - Kevin RIP!!!!!!!!!

Very happy with the hotel and the... by T Place

Very happy with the hotel and the holiday as a whole . Food good (especially breakfast) - buffets with show cooking. We had half board and then lunch at the pool bar. Some people had all-inclusive which we might consider in the future. Service mostly good , rooms very nice and cleaned to a high standard. Large outdoor pool and very pleasant gardens with shady trees. Also indoor pool with sauna and jacuzzi. Three pool tables, table tennis table, air hockey and pinball kept the children amused.

Location perhaps slightly too quiet for our teenagers but suited us just fine! There were plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and a few small shops. A 20 minute walk along the sea front took you into the main part of Can Picafort which was busier. Other guests were mostly families. Would book again.

Perfectly relaxing by Frombristol

Following a complete nightmare of closed motorways, missed flights and wasted holidays we chose a last minute all inclusive deal from last minute.com - booked at 7 pm the night before flying at 6 am as we were so very much in need of a break at this point. We read the previous reviews on this resort - most of which sounded average, and most of which were written by older couples, but decided just to go for it and see for ourselves. We were glad we did and had a really relaxing and pleasant time. As a late twenty's couple it was perfect for what we wanted - not right in the middle of everything but not too far out either. Some of the reviews suggested the hotel was in the middle of nowhere - it was actually on the edge of a nature reserve, on the edge of a beach and within a 10 minute walk of a range of bars, restaurants and shops. Maybe some of the past reviewers have just been lazy?! We hired a car and found all other areas were very easily accessible although spent most of the time on the beach, which was lovely and unspoilt (in parts). We were a bit dubious about half board and buffet style food - where other experiences have clearly highlighted much recycling goes on with added salt for effect, but this hotel offered a huge variety of mainly freshly cooked dishes and you could be as healty or unhealthy as you liked.

Lovely terraces, pools and gardens, sporting activities and well kept rooms. The staff were also really friendly. There were a lot of Germans, as opposed to any other nationality but we decided this was much better than the chavvy english people to be found further south, shouting at their kids and covered in tatoos.

Overall a really lovely holiday and I would definitely go back. The only suggestion I would make is to either pack your clothes so they don't crease or bring an iron - they only had one for the whole hotel it seemed!

Fabulous hotel. Nice, quiet resort. by Pheeona

I booked this holiday as a last minute deal 5 days before the trip and was absolutely delighted with the hotel. Used Thomas Cook and was a bit concerned about the transfer time after reading several reviews but fortunately, Thomas Cook put us in a taxi as we were the only ones going to C'an Picafort. So a potential 90 minute trip only took 45 mins, which was good considering our flight landed at 2.30am. We also had a mini bus all to ourselves for the return transfer.

The hotel itself is absolutely spotless and all the staff are friendly and switch with ease from spanish to english to german. The hotel guests were predominantly german but they were all pleasant. We were half board and really enjoyed the food but would probabaly go all inclusive next time. Rooms were a good size with loads of drawer space. Probably the biggest room we've had in a spanish hotel.The pool was huge and there were sunbeds to be had all day long, no matter what time you went down to the pool. The hotel also has an indoor pool which is great if you've had alittle too much sun. My 5 year old son loved both pools and also the jacuzzi. There are also tennis courts which you can hire with rackets, balls for only 8 Euro. There is a good size driving range and a small putting green, also only costing roughly 7 Euro.

One tip to keep the air conditioning on is to put your tesco clubcard in the slot and the air conditioning stays on - the maids don't remove it so your room is really cool when you return to it (picked this tip up from another review)

The actual resort itself is quiet and not one I would have picked from the brochure, however it was really nice. The beach is a 5 minute walk away and is lovely. On one of the days we were there a man came round selling fresh cocnut, pineapple, watermelon for a very reasonable cost. The main resort beach is a further 10 minute walk round the coast and is busier. We only used the beach near the hotel as it was more convenient. The shops are a 5 minute walk away and sell everything you need. The main resort is about 10-15 minutes away if you want more choice. We discovered a good british pub on our last night called Shenanigans-would recommend as really friendly and good food.

The bus stops outside the hotel and takes you into Alcudia (about 20 mins) and then onto Puerta Pollensa (45 mins). Only downside is that the buses are all very busy and our stop is the last in C'an Picafort and the bus was usuallly full by the time we got on. Also why do people insist on opening the windows when the bus is quite clearly air-conditioned??

All in all we would definitely go back to this hotel as it caters for everything you need.

lovely hotel, awful transfer by familyof5_7

Myself my partner and our 3 children aged 8, 2 and 5months travelled to Majorca 29th May 2007, we also travelled with my mother and father. We stayed for 1 week at the Iberostar Exagon Park, we chose to stay at this hotel after staying at The Iberostar Las Dalias in Tenerife as we had a wonderful time and found the hotel, food and staff brilliant. The Hotel Exagon Park was lovely, staff great especially childrens entertainers, food was good but not as good as the Las Dalias, Pool area and Drinks faultless, cleanliness excellent and very safe for the children, overall holiday fab. We wouldn t hesitate to go back again.

The only problem we encountered was the awful transfer that we booked (nothing at all to do with hotel) we booked with Resort Hoppa- NEVER again the approx 1hour transfer took 4HOURS!!!!!! as they waited and waited until bus was full shoving everyone on that had been delayed etc... I would recommend Not using this company!

Lovely and clean by Harrowlad

Just returned from a wonderful two weeks at this hotel - I went with my 80 year old mother and we both had a thoroughly relaxing time.

The hotel is set in a very secluded area, but just 5 minutes walk away from the local shops where you can stock up with water and any other essential products - the only downside is that it is the last drop from the airport and the first pick up on returning home, so be prepared to spend up to an hour and a half on the coach.

The rooms are kept very clean by the maids, and carpets outside help to keep the sound at a minimum, and there is constant cleaning of the hotel grounds - no blade of grass out of place. The pool is very large and has plenty of sunbeds around the pool and under the many trees on the lawn - very few sunbeds were reserved early in the morning and we could get a place pretty much anywhere we wanted up to around 10 a.m. Lifts on one corner of each floor provide access to both the dining room and the pool, so my mother did not have to worry about climbing up endless steps.

The food was very varied and constantly being replenished so never had the chance of going cold. Choices are varied and all very tempting - hence me putting on 8 lbs in weight eating for just breakfast and in the evening!! The waiters/waitresses take away the plates immediately so there is always room on your table to keep eating, but there is never a feeling that you are being rushed.

The hotel guests are predominantely German who we found to be extremely charming and polite. During our second week there was an influx of children due to the summer holidays, and there is plenty to keep them occupied such as a kids club during the day and mini disco at 8.30 every evening.

The entertainment is good - the same entertainers are at the hotel from early in the morning until the evening and there are many activities on offer if one is tempted, ranging from archery, golf, pool volleyball and aerobics, but if you want to just lie and chill you will be comfortably left alone. The entertainment in the evening was different each day over our stay and ranged from the local entertainers to proffessionals and much effort was put in to keep everyone happy.

A lovely break which enabled me to recharge my batteries in a lovely clean and peaceful location, and one which I will recommend to friends and family.

all inclusive a bit patchy by stevedunne

overall a great relaxing holiday but little niggles with the all inclusive such as only certain cocktails allowed, no bottled beer, the kids ice cream was a tiny tub in only one flavour. Real coffee was'nt on the all inclusive, just filter, although we noticed the spanish guests were getting the real thing!!!

Foodwise it was really good especially if you like wafer thin chops although they were really salty.They could easily have done some joints as the guests were from all over europe and it would have added a bit of variety.

Avoid the dark brown sausages at breakfast-vile, but the light ones were nice and we even had black pudding one day!!

great place for families with young kids.

Pool area so good my three year old soon lost interest in the beach and that's a first.

Good Quality All Inclusive by DTSUFC

Booked through Jumbo Tours (A division of Alpha rooms I think?)

I am a 26 year old bloke who due to my new job not starting for a couple of weeks thought what the hell and tagged along with my parents for a holiday. Its safe to say that this hotel is not ideal for my age range but then again from all the reviews I knew this when I booked it and was happy for a relaxing break.

We opted for a coach transfer via Jumbo tours and after several stops made it to the resort in about 1h 30mins. The coach was fairly new and had good aircon, our pick up time for our return journey was to the minute!

I don’t know the back ground to our Irish Friends review below but I would urge you not to discard this hotel based on his one bad review.

I have been unlucky enough to stay in 2 star hotels before and fortunate enough to stay in 5 star hotels on various continents. This I would say is a typical Spanish 4*, in other words a good 3* in the UK or the US. The hotel was immaculately clean and well kept due to an army of cleaners. The pool area was excellent with paved and grassy areas both in the sun and in the shade, with good quality, and plentiful sun lounge’s, so much so even most of the Germans could have a lay in without putting their towels out! Pool towels require a 10 euro deposit, but you get this back, I don’t have a problem with this as they were nice towels and I would have been tempted to keep a souvenir myself if I had not paid a deposit!

Rooms were basic yet practical and spotless with enough draws and hanging space to keep even Posh Spice happy. My only complaint was that the 14 inch TV only had Sky News/BBC World and Eurosport in English and I like my telly. The shower fitting could have done with tightening but it was powerful and never ran cold. The air con was slow to get going but if you left a card in the electric slot all day the cold hit you when you returned to your room. (The cleaners did not remove the card and reception even suggested it to people who asked if it could be turned up which I thought was good) As for the toilet paper (see review below) it was not Andrex Quilted but was still of sufficient quality to grace my backside.

The guests were predominantly Germans with a good mix of English, Dutch and Spanish. This did bother me, but only because I want to tell the Germans that tight swimwear is not attractive. I found them all polite and generally spoke better English than many Brits.

We found staff helpful though most only spoke enough English to do their job. When we required an extension cable for my parents room for my fathers ‘anti snoring machine’ it was provided without questions. People who requested extra pillows were provided with them. I required access to a PC with a printer for our return flight info and was happily provided access to the PC behind the desk to do this.

On an all inclusive basis the buffet had a good selection at breakfast and evening meal. Not the best I have had but certainly good enough with wine provided with your meal, though the music was 1960’s department store. The all inclusive included the usual beer, local spirits, soft drinks, but also included a number of cocktails and UK spirits such as Bacardi, Jack Daniels, Drambue etc etc which were provided from 10am till midnight. Going All Inclusive on this one is a must.

The beach was about 5 mins walk away, as were the nearest bars and shops. Nothing fantastic but it was not in the middle of nowhere as I expected. Sunbeds on the beach were 2.5 Euro’s which is the cheapest I have come across.

Lets not beat about the bush, the entertainment was dreadful, daytime activities were acceptable for the Germans who I guess have a higher boredom threshold than most brits. Evening entertainment was the same team who put on various shows such as Grease, River dance etc, think primary school production and then lower your expectations a bit. I couple of decent acts would have made a massive difference to the evenings.

All in all a good hotel for couples aged 35 upwards who want a quiet holiday, good food, nice surroundings with a free bar who can make their own entertainment.

Well that’s summer over, Im off to practice my snow dancing in the hope of a good ski season this winter.

A fine hotel by KeithLiverpool

Just returned from a family holiday at the Exagon Park, booked half board through Alpharooms and flying easyjet. This worked very well, and probably saved us a few £s on brochure prices. We booked Zarza Taxis (zarzataxi@hotmail.com) for the 1 hour airport transfer (180 euros return for 6 people including bags), who were excellent.

I think this is a very nice hotel indeed. It seems to have an army of cleaners, and is always spotless. I found the staff to be very polite and friendly, and we really appreciated the effort they took to look after my mother, who needs a gluten free diet. The hotel bought in bread and biscuits especially for her, and the head waiter ceremonially brought plates of toast out to her personally at mealtimes.

The food was in the usual buffet format, and I certainly ate well all week. The two vegetarians in our group also seemed pleased, though there wasn't always much choice of main course for them.

Location was actually better than I was expecting. It's only a 5-10 minute stroll to the Son Baulo district, with a small range of shops and bars, or you can keep walking along a very pleasant prom into Can Picafort itself. I wouldn't say the resort is anything special, but if you're just after a fairly relaxed time, it does a decent job. If you want to go further afield, buses stop immediately outside the hotel, and you can get to Alcudia, Pollensa, Palma and others very easily and cheaply.

The trump card for the hotel, though, is the excellent pool area, which is very spacious and attractive, set among palm trees and woodland. There is so much land and so many trees that it's always possible find a shaded spot, and there are plenty sunbeds to go around.

Downsides are only niggles, really. The hotel entertainment was a bit hit and miss, there are quite a few steps around the hotel complex that might not suit some with walking difficulties, and the drinks prices were quite a bit more expensive than the bars in the resort. I suspect you could say the same about most hotels, however.

Yes, I would be happy to recommend this hotel.

1 2 »

Stayed at Exagon Park? Share your insight.

Exagon Park also called

• iberostar ca n picafort
  • Iberostar Exagon Park Hotel
  • iberostar hotel exagon park
  • Address: Ronda de la Pleta 46 Bahia de Alcudia, Majorca 07458, Spain