Hotel Veramar

Good

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Veramar

1 2 3 4 »
Thieves and Pickpockets

"BE CAREFUL - this hotel is plagued with pickpockets and thieves.

Hotel management know about it but do nothing - the lift area in the main reception is not covered by CCTV and this is the pickpockets favorite place to be - the reception staff can see them come in but do nothing!!

Otherwise just a basic budget Spanish hotel, great if your young and don't mind an old tired hotel

• Holiday details: Oct 2013, booked with sunmaster
  • Advice: don't go there
by CJ C

hotel veramar

"just returned from hotel veramar and can recommend this as a good basic no frills apartment.The rooms are quite basic and not too modern but you dont spend all your holiday inside.It is 2 mins from a good supermarket and approx 5 mins walk from the excellent beach which we used daily as we found the pool was rather small for the size of the hotel and number of guest.

The only drawback we found was that after a couple of days our rather old fridge packed in and despite numerous requests to exchange or cure the problem it took two and a half days to rectify,and I must say the reception staff were not too helpfull with this problem,resulting in us losing milk and other items in the fridge as temperatures were in the high 30s.

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: enjoy the fantastic nearby beach location and many town and sefront shops.
by Ian H

Great Value

"We stayed at the Veramar late Aug early Sept , we only paid €420 for the 10 nights. The appartment was very clean and well equiped, the staff friendly and the location was great. We never used the pool as you are only a 5 min walk to the beach. Loads of bars/resturants to choose from, overall a great value for money holiday. We would not hesitate to stay at the Veramar next time we holiday in Fuengirola."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Excellent budget accomodation
by chivs

Very pleased

"I stayed in these apartments for a week in Aug/Sept 2010. Was very pleased with them. The apartment was basic, but clean and had everything you needed. Towels were changed daily, and beds changed frequently. Pool abit smaller than the average, but still a decent size. Big supermarket only 1 minute walk away. Short walk down to the beach also. Reception staff were very helfpul and friendly. Fresh towels are provided to shower if you have a late pickup from the apartments.

Plenty of sunloungers with free foam mattresses for everyone to use.

Close to bars & restaurants along beach front. Plenty to choose from!

Good walk down to the main strip to the big nite clubs though - too far to walk in high heels!

Weather was excellent = has a fantastic holiday!

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
by WB

The hotel was excellent...

"I was in veramar hotel in april 2010 and it was excellent. The staff was very friendly at reception and we even got a free room for a couple of days for my family since there was a mix up in our booking. The problem for me was getting there since the address given to us was just a road nearby to the hotel called calle malaga. The tomtom just lead us to a roundabout at the end of the road and so we were going round and round fuengirola at 1 in the morning. We did eventually find our way after asking a taxi man to tell us directions since we had a hire car (left hand drive). It the second left after u go round the roundabout. The locals are very friendly and happily give directions. The room was alright since we asked for one with a kitchen as it was self catering. We got shifted to another room which was a bit more bigger as it was the last one on the floor. The kitchen was clean and the room service was done like every 2 days. The scenery from the balcony was great too since you could see the beach and the sea. The pool was right under the balcony too. The sheets was clean and overall it was quite good service for a 3*..."

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Recommend to anybody..
by Mo

it wasnt too bad

"i stayed in room 712 in oct 08,it was small but basic and clean.i had an oven hob,table and chairs,balcony with a table and chairs,fridge,plenty of cutlery,an extra radiator if needed,phone,2 beds,wardrobe,hot water.the beds were changed daily,and the staff were pleasant and laid back,the sea was 5mins walk infront,and the station and shops a 10min walk to the left.plenty to do like pubs,the sea,touring to other towns via trains,eating out at tapas bars.the room also has a tv.the weather was ok other than one stormy day,but thats not spains fault.the lifts worked ok.i didnt bother with the cafe,as i brought food from the big supermarket 2mins to the right.the swimming pool and garden was clean,plenty of sunbeds and ok people.nice view of the mountains behind,internet place over the road,plenty of banks,a zoo,etc.the only 2 things i didnt like is that the bath was a bit short,and the lock on the balcony door was iffy,but it was impossible for next door to climb over,so i chanced it and was totally ok.going there again in oct.stayed at a posh one in aug 3 yrs ago(pyr) on the seafront,no hob and broken fridge.says it all.oh and mates are allowed up in the room.my mate suzie lives out there and they didnt have a problem with her visiting me.the place is a bit built up,but its a resort,and i heard drills at 10 on 2days,but i was awake by then,so it didnt bother me"

• Holiday details: Oct 2008, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: plenty of shops,cheap in oct with onthebeach.com ie 55 return flight,room 63 each between 3 if book
  • Activities: the beach,the zoo,bars,horse and flamenco fair in oct 6th/12th
by jenna 40

Glad to be home.

"First of all the taxi drivers (there were 6 of us so two cars) had never heard of the veramar, both cars cost 37 euros each.. not a good start!Two shared one room and four of us shared a family room, so had to add two beds to our room. The microwave didn't work but was replaced the following day. Our fridge had rust on the outside and at the bottom. Not enough hot water through out the day, okay if you enjoy cold showers. The room was very small, dark and dated. Not enough cooking utensils, I think 2 forks, 3 knifes, 1 spoon. Beds rock hard, okay if you need back support (we don't) Luckily enough we did have a pillow each though! Bought tickets from reception to go to the local waterpark who confirmed that it would be the same price as on the door, then my son passed me a 12 euro discount voucher from reception. I pointed this error out immediately to two staff members and only after standing my ground for 10 minutes, they reluctantly refunded the difference. Recommend the waterpark, good day out. The beaches are a 5 minute walk, although we did not spend much time there as the sand was boiling hot and unable to walk on, and the water was freezing, didn't see anyone swimming. At the pool in the hotel we counted 22 sunbeds, needed to get up early to get one. The pool was clean and the right temperature. The supermarket was close. The workman woke us up 7-30am -8am every morning, they worked all day replacing pipes in the road outside our hotel, loud and dusty. There were plenty of eating places along the beach, recommend Rons Place, the fish and chip shop (can't remember the name) next to it and the bar next to that (Corbys Cafe). As a family we couldn't find much evening entertainment, told there was karaoke but couldnt find it and the hotel didn't offer any. Were not usually moaners but if it wasn't for good weather we'd have had a terrible time."

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Cold sea, goes form half a foot to 8 feet in four steps, careful for young children.
  • Activities: Corbys Cafe, Rons Place.
by Lauren_09

Veramar Apartments- Dump!!!

"Me and my girlfriend booked a week self catering in the Veramar Apartments in September 2008. Upon arrival to the hotel we were disappointed with the appearence and overall feel of the hotel; reception looked very dull and smelt rather funny. we were given a 2nd floor apartment at the rear of the hotel. "How bad can it be, its rated 3 stars!" i told myself having read various reviews on this website. How wrong was I? the room was dark and dingy, the lights above the beds didnt even work, the wiring on the main lights were showing. The fridge door was covered in rust, and the bathroom wall and roof were covered in damp. To top things off the "balcony" was on the same level as the resturant roof, and it was a complete mess, rubble and dirt everywhere.the balcony door didnt lock properly so i was very dubious about leaving anything in our rooms at all. Workmen woke us up every morning at 8am banging the hell out of some old air condition boxes with a lump hammer. Im not one to complain at all but this was awfull. After an small argument i did however managed to get us moved to the 4th floor, which was fine, room was clean, happy days!!!

The hotel was in a good location with most things nearby, supermarket, beach, pubs, and also the zoo. It didn't help with spain having the worst weather in along time that very week we were there.

Overall we found fuengirola to be a lovely place, but the hotel was awfull, i wouldnt recommend it to anyone. It really put a dampner on what was suppose to be a relaxing holiday.

I have pictures of our original room (coming soon), which im sure people will agree, its just not acceptable.

by pickard39

as soon as we got to the veremar the...

"as soon as we got to the veremar the kitchen had smelt like someone had died in there, there was all crap down the toilet and a huge soap ring around the bath. i wouldnt recommend this hotel to anybody. the sheets felt clammy and it was all dusty everywhere and the fridge smelt very bad! overall i rate this hotel 3 out of 10. although it was close to the beach, zoo, supermarket and other main attractions that was fine, also the all you can eat buffet was worth 5 euros. i wouldnt stay at the veremar again, but the staff there were very helpful. as soon as you walk into the veremar aparthotel into the reception there is a very unusual smell. The bar was never open and the swimming pool was always filthy and not heated at much of a tempreture but what else do you expect for 3*.

Very poor and never again i dont think!

by AC Crellin

We stayed in a so called family room...

"We stayed in a so called family room which was a room with 4 single beds a fridge and a microwave. This room was far too small for 4 people. There was also a horrible smell in the room all week.

The Veramar apartments are however clean and in a brilliant location 5-10 mins walk to everything, beach, town centre, zoo, water park, train station.

We stayed in peak season and although there wasn't many sunbeds there was almost enough to go around. Lovely and relaxing by the pool and a nice change from lines and lines of sunbeds crowded around the pool.

The only thing I didn't like about these apartments was the size of the family room but not all of the rooms were like this so if you are thinking of going to these apartments go but don't book the family room.

by H Cowan

My boyfried and I have been staying...

"My boyfried and I have been staying at the Veramar every year for the past 7 years. We have never had a bad experience here. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are adequately sized. The bed linen is changed every other day. The Veramar is ideally situated as it is within 10 mins walk to the Zoo and 10 mins walk to the beach, shops and bars. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a low-cost holiday without all the frills. The only thing I would say is that there is no air-conditioning in the rooms. Other than that we love it and will continue to stay year on year."

by A Holmes

me and my friend had a short break at...

"me and my friend had a short break at the apartments and i can say we throughly enjoyed it. there was nothing that we thought was to a less standard for a 3 star apartment. the room was clean, beds were nice and firm, I had an excellent nights sleep. the buffet for breakfast was nice and good value for 5 euros as we could eat as much as we liked. the bar staff were very friendly, overall it was a pleasant experience. the beach was not too far away and do recommend the Gali Gali beach bar and also Mamma Mia's as a restaurant to eat of a night time. i felt totally relaxed and to get away for a few days was fantastic. i have recommended this place to a fellow work mate i will recommend to other people."

by K J Chubb

1 2 3 4 »

Map for Hotel Veramar Closest airport: Malaga (AGP) 12 miles

Hotel Veramar photos (6 traveller photos)