Sentrador Playa Hotel

Good

Room: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sentrador Playa Hotel

A Relaxing stay at Cala Ratjada

"I have recently stayed for 4 nights at the Sentrador Playa Hotel and found the hotel extremely relaxing and immaculate. The food was very good indeed and the staff exceptionally helpful. The location, so close to a wonderful, clean beach was first rate and I would certainly recommend this hotel and location to others. I will be visiting the area and this hotel again! The hotel is quiet but there is plenty going on in Cala Ratjada for those who are looking for night life. For spa, tennis and a lovely pool, the hotel cannot be beaten!"

• Holiday details: Apr 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently
by standrings

Fantastic, cannot fault hotel at all!

"After endlessly searching for a hotel to stay in for February, we stumbled across this hotel by chance on the internet. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to book. We got a fantastic deal and so were a little dubious as what to expect but what a hotel!

The location is stunning. The resort is German orientated but that made no difference to our stay. The high standards of service were second to none. The Spa is superb. Breakfasts catered for all needs. We cannot comment on the other food as we stayed B&B.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel. Definitely a 4 star but is deserving of a 5 star.

Absolutely fantastic, a little treasure on the treasure island of Majorca. Cannot wait to return!

by BargainSpotter

A brilliant find

"This was an excellent find and we loved staying here. We only paid £20 a night for dinner bed and breakfast and yet it is a 4* hotel with 4* facilities. Like others have said it is very much a German based hotel but this does not spoil it at all (There was I think, only one other English speaking couple in the hotel and yet all the staff spoke really good English, the only issue I had was that I had to order my fried eggs in German!)

The rooms were spotless and the staff were extremely friendly, especially the bar staff who would bring your drinks to you.

If you are looking for a wild time, then don't come here but having visited Calla Millor I know where I would rather be.

It was February when we visted (with superb weather) and so I can't comment on what it would be like in summer. The restaurant food was excellent with a very large choice that did not resemble a school canteen (I work in a school so know what they are like!). If we were able to, we would be back tomorrow.

by Ellis40

Not a Christmas Hotel

"The hotel is well managed with great staff and good food. However we stayed at Sol Atillas in Magaluf at Christmas last year and the comparison was completely different. If you would like a gym, wellness centre, solarium, massage, reflexology etc.etc then this is right up your street. This hotel has Bingo as the main evening attraction with no other entertainment to speak of. The television in the rooms is mainly German programs with CNN and Sky News as the only English channels. We found the tableware in the restaurant dirty, chipped and cracked which was a let down. Perhaps this was an end of season thing.

Generally the area is pleasant but is shut down over Christmas so a car is necessary to get you out and about the island. If you choose a sea view be prepared for road noises at night as scooters, cruisers and coaches are pretty regular. Be aware also this is predominately a German tourist area so you may be in the minority!

by Rojen

Good hotel, friendly & helpful

"Good 4* hotel very well situated just 2 mins walk from the lovely beach of Cala Agulla.

On arrival the reception staff were friendly & helpful - despite arriving at the same time of 100 'ish German cyclists who were using the hotel as a base.

Booked a sea view room, originally allocated one on the 1st floor at the front of the hotel which looked out over a row of shops with the sea beyond. Asked for a room on a higher floor which they willingly provided on the 3rd floor (the top) at the side of the hotel with a spectacular view over the Cala Agulla bay and wooded forest / mountains (see photo).

Only downside was the food - we arrived early evening and booked a table in the restaurant - it was very busy and hectic - too much so for us. Buffet style and whilst the food was ok it was nothing special and for the area relatively expensive. We ate out thereafter other than for breakfast which was good.

Facilities at the hotel are good, nice pool in a garden area, health spa with steam room, sauna, jacuzzi etc. Word of warning though if you are offended by nudity - the hotel is used predominantly by Germasn who don't have the same inhibitions we Brits might have in the Health club / Spa.

Cala Ratjada is a nice resort, catering for German visitors in the main. The port area is an easy 15 min walk from the hotel and there are anumber of cafe's / bars / restaurants. Would recommend Noah's overlooking the port. Good Tapas friendly and interactive staff and good value.

Our favourite eating place was Los Olivos, just 2 mins walk from the hotel. Good food (especially the seafood paella), very relaxed, friendly staff and good value. It was popular without being overcrowded and provided an oasis from the bar music and TV's that a lot of the other cafe's provided.

Overall we had a good and relaxing time the temperature was warm but not overly hot (24 - 26C).

by malctheman

My Girlfriend and I stayed at The...

"My Girlfriend and I stayed at The S'entrador Hotel in Cala Ratjada along with both our Mum's, during the first week in October, 06.

The Hotel is nicely situated very near a delightful beach and pine forest. Most staff at the hotel speak only Spanish or German with just a smattering of English, so knowing a little Spanish goes a long way. Having said that, I can honestly say that this was one of the most friendly, helpful, and courteous hotels I have ever stayed in. Everybody from the chambermaids, reception staff, bar and restaurant staff made an effort to make it enjoyable.

The hotel has been recently refurbished and is in good condition throughout. The pool area is lovely as they have retained a number of the pine trees that were there before the hotel was built. However, the pool was not heated and was on the cold side for October. The Spa facilities were quite excellent and inclusive within the room charge.

The buffet restaurant had a wide choice of food, with some dishes cooked to order. The food quality was pretty high throughout the week, although I felt the presentation could be better. There was a great choice of bars and restaurants nearby. Overall it was definitely value for money. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would certainly return.

by T Smith

Great Hotel

"This hotel was very good, in a resort that was big enough to have everything you need on holiday, but without being a concrete jungle. There were mostly German and Italian holiday makers there. Many lovely little beaches around and countryside/pine forrests inland beautiful.

We got a good deal on the room rates, so did not pay 4star prices. All aspects of the hotel were good apart from the restaurant. The food itself was excellent but let down by the service which was not 4star. They were understaffed and had some inexperienced staff. It was buffet style and the buffet area was very cramped, making it feel a little like a school canteen at times!

Despite this I would still recommend the hotel.

by felicityma

What a find !

"Took a chance on a Last Minute.com deal for myself ,wife and 3 boys of 12,10 and 6.

At peak time there are no cheap holidays to be had for 5 but this represented fantastic value and quality.

Hotel was mainly full of Italian guests with a few Germans and consequently it was difficult for the kids to make friends.

Resort was entirely German,very clean,smart and well run.

Hotel was spotless,food plentiful,varied and of excellent quality,obviously it is only the Brits that put up with inferior accomodation and service.

Hotel spa and treatments excellent,clay tennis courts well maintained.

Hotel is less than 5 minutes walk to the beach,20 minutes to Cala Rajada.

If you want English food and Brits abroad atmosphere this is not for you,but what a pleasant change to feel you are away from home and experiencing foreign climes.

The best holiday we have had by far !

by Kooverdrive

Absolutely fabulous!

"I was absolutley thrilled with this hotel and its facilities.

The food was fantastic and there was something for everyone from cooked breakfasts to healthy cereals and as much fruit as you can eat. I'm quite a fussy eater but I found the food overall to be absolutley perfect.

THe staff were so friendly and could not do enough for you.

Although predimantly German speaking, the staff do speak English and area only too happy to help.

I booked my holiday -- to a perfect degree.

Possibly the only disapointing aspect was the entertainment; but this was still good none the less.

I would completely recommend this hotel and I'm already looking around for the prices for next year!

also, if you travel here, I would sooo recommend the Oil Bath in the spa which is only 25 Euros and its the most amazing thing ever! This is a must for all holiday people. I went on my own for the first time and would dfinetly go again.

Well, what you eating for?! If you want the perfect holiday this is a must!

Sarah

A hidden treasure

"We were delighted on our last minute holiday to have chosen this good hotel at the non tourist end of a small resort on the East coast of Majorca. Our hotel room overlooked the pool and was large, comfortable and exceptionally clean. We enjoyed all of the facilities at the hotel, especially the spa. The staff were charming, friendly and helpful. We were pleased to be in the minority, i.e. British, the majority of guests were Italian, out to have good times and enjoy the great food and weather. We would certainly return if a bargain deal were available. We always got a sunbed, clean towels, the pool was beautifully clean, the spa lovely, and there's plenty of entertainment of various kinds. Restaurants nearby are absolutely excellent run by locals who were always pleased to see us. Best restaurants were Restaurant Romantic (opposite hotel) with stunning rooms of the bay and Les Olivos in Cala Ratjada.

Absolutely great hotel! Try it!

lovely hotel

"my husband and i stayed here for one week and really enjoyed the hotel. it is located at the edge of the small resort with wonderful views of cala aqulla beach which is fabulous and the bay. none of the hotels in the resort are high rise.

the area around swimming pool is nice always sunbeds available, pool towels provided. food in dining room plentiful and varied. my husband was very pleased that the chief doing the show cooking was english and always pleased to cook steaks"well done". the rooms are average size with mini bar and T.V. also kept beautifully clean. they have very efficient air conditioning. staff are all very helpful. there is a spa in the basement offering a good variety of treament at reasonable cost.

although we loved the hotel and the resort it may not appeal to all as there is a very mixed variety of nationalities staying there, mainly italians in our hotel. in the resort Brits are in the minority, but then you are abroad and it does add interest to the holiday as everyone tries to talk to each other

by SINDYSODA

Average four star hotel

"My husband and I stayed for a weeks holiday in september 2004. The hotel was an average four star hotel but was let down by the chioce and quality of the food in the restaurant. Althought it was all edible and the restaurant was clean the food was not up to four star standard. The resort is peaceful and relaxing although predominantly a german holiday resort and english was not well understood in the hotel or surrounding shops and restaurants."

Read more reviews of Sentrador Playa Hotel at TripAdvisor

Map for Sentrador Playa Hotel Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 40.4 miles