Arcadia Cruise Ship

, P&O Cruises
Arcadia Cruise Ship

1 2 38 »
Arcadia Illness

"After having a serious illness which is still ongoing. We are pressing the matter legally. Anyone else who have had there holiday ruined should do the same. Power by numbers is recommended you can contact me at saronasam91@gmail.com ."

Arcadia Cough

"I have just got off Arcadia and I started coughing on about Feb. 22nd and it is still with me a month later March 19th. I have thrown everything at it to ji available . So many people were coughing throughout the RTW cruise that it definitely spoils a very expensive 43 nights as half of them were spoils due to severe coughing, tiredness. The cough kept me awake and sometimes was so severe that I was sick. I think the whole ship should be fumigated to get rid of the virus infection before people are allowed on it again. British health authorities should investigate."

by Jill Johnson

Arcadia cough

"We have just had three weeks on the Arcadia from San Fransisco to Sidney .five days in to the cruise I caught the Arcadia cough !the medical officer said it was upper respiratory without examination !! By the time we reached Sidney it was worse !! We traveled on to Perth and I was then admitted to hospital with viral pneumonia !! Come on P&O and admit you have a problem how many people have to die before you do something .our holiday was ruined !!our dates were from jan 30th to Feb 21st Doreen Dale"

• Holiday details: Jan 2015
  • Advice: Don't go
by David D

Legal Help

"I have today spoken to Irwin Mitchell who have ongoing issues re this cruise ship they already have clients who are claiming against P & O.

Check there website. The higher the number of claimants the more chance of a result.

• Holiday details: Feb 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Check the history of illness aboard this ship its all there to see.

Nightmare cruise

"We too have been very poorly after our cruise on Arcadia, arriving back in the UK 24th of February after a long flight back from Sydney. I had to take my wife to the A&E where she was admitted with severe chest infection, after treatment over a couple of days she was a little better and was discharged. She now has been diagnosed with blood clot on lung and is in intensive care. I hope to god she recovers, and I intend pressing charges against P&O."

Constant cough

"We had our first cruise on Arcadia Dec27th 2014 we went with friends and we all got this cough one after the other me last I'm still coughing very breathless feel really I'll so tired and cannot do anything due to this breathlessness been on 3 lots of antibiotics 2 lots of steroids and still feel the same I ache through coughing and really fed up was taken to hospital Thursday by ambulance as I couldn't breath high BP and pulse never felt as ill as I feel now, what the heck is it ?????i didn't hear about Arcadia cough until someone said it was in the papers it has put me off going on another cruise and the staff including sweet shop owner said everyone's getting it I think something should have been done as it's baffled the doctors in hospital and my GP I'm asthmatic as well I know I was coughing the night in Paladium with that smoke machine started I coughed continually while The show was on well I hope it goes soon because I don't think I can put up with it much longer think the ship should have had someone check it out a find the cause it's a shame our holiday was ruined by this cough it's put me off going again."

by Gloria burling

Arcadia

"Boarded San Francisco en route Sydney.After two days met folks who joked about the "Arcadia Cough".

Two days later, I had it.Became gradually worse until I disembarked Sydney.Then downhill from there.

Sixteen days from Sydney,bed rest and anti-bio-tics and I am still ill.

At no time was the cough referred to by any member of staff,completely showing ignorance of any problem therefore well able to deny any responsibility.

However, early on the Captain made a big deal about sea air being pumped in,treat,circulated and then blown out.

How long will Arcadia continue to sail until the appropriate authorities step in and quarantine the ship?

Any chance of any recompense from P&O?

I do not think so!

Profit,profit,profit.

Three previous with P&O,one with MSC and one with Holland and America so I am no novice.

DO NOT SAIL IN THIS VIRUS RIDDEN BUCKET.

K R Sutherland

P&O can find me.

• Holiday details: Feb 2015, booked with Imagine
  • Advice: Do not board
by Keith S

Do not go on the Arcadia

"We have just got off the Arcadia 2nd leg from San Francisco to Sydney, I will never cruise on this ship again, after falling sick with the Arcadia cough 4 days into the cruise and then getting conjunctivitis it has been a miserable time, so many people being sick, not sure how many people have died."

by Hazel B

Arcadia cough

"Although there were many good points. About our cruise from Southampton, everything was spoiled by the coughs which we both contracted after 7 to 13 days on the ship. We disembarked at San Francisco and drove south to San Diego. Despite wonderful weather and a. Very helpful pharmacist we are still suffering a fortnight later. We really do wonder how long it will take to get rid of this bug which has spoiled a very expensive holiday. We shall not cruise on Arcadia again."

• Holiday details: Jan 2015
  • Advice: Don't go!
by Irene K

Arcadia cough

"I Sailed on Arcadia with my husband for a10 night new year cruise .

During the cruise I noticed lots of passengers coughing. I also caught this cough towards the end of the cruise . I was very poorly for weeks after.

I have just read an article in the Sunday Mail of an elderly lady becoming Ill on the PO ship Arcadia with the (Arcadia cough)

According to the article the lady and her family had to leave the ship in Mexico. Unfortunately the lady died some days later.

(My condolences to her family.)

This was the first time I had heard about the Arcadia cough.

I goggled it and was amazed to read the comments from people who had also been infected and not just on the one cruise. It seems to be an ongoing outbreak. Surely something should be done about this. It would be interesting to find out just how many people have been infected on this ship. Department of health needs to be involved. I for one would never go on it again

• Holiday details: Dec 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont go on it !
by Phoebephil

good job only a weekend cruise

"What a shame it all started so well we were checked in very fast and welcomed aboard by crew ,cabin with lots of space ,dust , and a filthy toilet rim .Staff glum and sad looking took forever to order and receive a drink .several groups of crazy people including hen night parties and birthday parties were very noisy and drunk(must have brought their own drink)they were around the pool at the back of the ship which was then a no go area for us ,litter and glasses all over the floor,hot tub broken . The first night we were going to meet our friends in the bar next to the dining room but it had a private function on so we were left waiting outside as not time to find our way back to other bars, second sitting delayed so long we missed half the show, no apology ,it was our fault as people did not want earlier tables , food ok but no healthy options although waiter did fetch me some melon as starter one night and some salad the next , too much fish on the menu for me .The SHOW WAS GREAT BOTH NIGHTS!!!!!what a shame we had a very poor selection of school dinner like breakfast more queuing my husband did not like this and just had a bread roll and cold ham .Guernsey beautiful day there.could not fault tender crew very help full and professional .Last morning could not get breakfast as they wanted you of as quick as possible need to get up at crack of dawn to eat on this ship .Never again will we use this ship unless major improvements are made."

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: not book this ship
by dog walker girl

good job only a weekend cruise

"What a shame it all started so well we were checked in very fast and welcomed aboard by crew ,cabin with lots of space ,dust , and a filthy toilet rim .Staff glum and sad looking took forever to order and receive a drink .several groups of crazy people including hen night parties and birthday parties were very noisy and drunk(must have brought their own drink)they were around the pool at the back of the ship which was then a no go area for us ,litter and glass all over the floor,hot tub broken . The first night we were going to meet our friends in the bar next to the dining room but it had a private function on so we were left waiting outside as not time to find our way back to other bars, second sitting delayed so long we missed half the show no apology ,it was our fault as people did not want earlier tables , food ok but no healthy options although waiter did fetch me some melon as starter one night and some salad the next , too much fish on the menu for me .The SHOW WAS GREAT BOTH NIGHTS!!!!!what a shame we had a very poor selection of school dinner like breakfast more queuing my husband did not like this and just had a bread roll and cold ham .Guernsey beautiful day there.could not fault tender crew very help full and professional .Last morning could not get breakfast as they wanted you of as quick as possible need to get up at crack of dawn to eat on this ship .Never again will we use this ship unless major improvements are made."

by dog walker girl

Value: 5.5/10
Cleanliness: 6.5/10
Top traveller tips for Arcadia Cruise Ship
  • by gosling

" The ship has many excellent points, take time and find what suits you best. The Orchid bar is great for a pre dinner drink "

Do you own Arcadia Cruise Ship?

Stayed on Arcadia Cruise Ship? Share your insight.