Pedras D'el Rei Apartments

Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Pedras D'el Rei Apartments

Enter your dates:

A beautiful place, great for families by mombasagirl

We have just returned from a wonderful week staying at Pedras d'el Rei and would thoroughly recommend it to other families with young children. We went with our two children (aged 3 and almost 1) and would definitely go there again. It is situated about a mile outside Santa Luzia, so avoids the hustle and bustle of actually being in a town. The apartments are set in lush and beautiful gardens, and it is very quiet at night. The noisiest residents were birds! Our children loved playing directly outside the apartment in the gardens, swimming in the pool (very clean) and our 3 year old enjoyed dipping in and out of the kids' club (although it's officially for children aged 4-12.) The young adult running the kids' club was kind, fun and spoke fluent English as well as her native Portuguese. She always remembered our son's name and gave him a really warm welcome. There is a play area that can be used anytime of day. The apartment was basic, but very clean; the staff were friendly and helpful. There is a variety of places to eat/drink on site, but we mostly sampled the two cafes. The beach (reached by a 'noddy train' or a 10 min walk) is lovely and never seemed crowded and there are a variety of restaurants there. Tavira is the nearest town, and is charming. Eating out there is not expensive and the Portuguese seem to love children which makes it a more pleasant experience. We hired a car for the week which was useful in getting to supermarkets slightly cheaper than the on-site, but well-stocked, one. Santa Luzia seemed to be completely ignored by tourists, which made it a very pleasant place to visit for an ice-cream, overlooking the boats. We will definitely go back to Pedras sometime, probably next summer.

set in gardens with orange trees close to Barril Beach by tresco

stayed here february 2007 for 15 days

nice little two storey apartment with balcony from bedroom and patio on ground level from rthe kitchen dining area.

no microwave or toaster but effective oven and grill and two rings.good cleaning staff and regular towel changes .reception staff had good english though mostly the clients were german and dutch. . The restaurant and warm fire was good also has snack bar which i didnt try. there is a on site shop a bit pricey and a self service laundry

lovely grounds which were being upgraded and maintined while we were there. there was a lot of activity re the up keep. our cheaper off peak rates compensated for tsome of the bustle and noise of trimmers and lawn mowers.swimming pool ( closed for up keep) there is also childrens play area and a lovely aviary .this complex is very close to Barril Beach and a free train ride across the 15 minut walk way, which could saves 2 euro daily. and free orang juice from orange trees!

The Fabulous Pedras D'el Rai by Louise-M-L

I was a little dubious about going on holiday anywhere in October but I had one of the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays ever.

We arrived late at night and the staff were all geared up to meet us. We were shown to our room which was a fabulous split level apartment with all the facillities.

My hustband and I were both extremely impressed with the friendliness of the staff, they really could not do enough for us.

The maid service was excellent our beds were made everyday and clean towels and linen every other. The on site supermarket was surprisingly well stocked and the piano bar was extremely tasteful. The restaurant had a varied menu and everthing I ate there was very good. A word from the wise however, if you like you steak medium ask for it well done. I asked for my fillet steak to be medium/rare and I got blue.

Barille beach is the one local to the apartments. You take a charming little train to it which is free to guests. I have to say it was beautiful. The sand was white and clean and it streches for miles. you could sit in relative solitude and I would go are far as to say it was comparable to the carribean.

Tavira town is beautiful and unspoilt, the buildings are elegant and original. The art gallery is worth a look as is the camera obscura.

Whilst there we found a fantastic restaurant A Ver Tavira, situated next to the castle. We went three times in all over the two weeks and on each occasion the food was excellent. I would heartily recommend it without question. It is just a shame that there is nowhere like it closer to home.

I am glad to say we will be returning again in may 07 it is booked and I can't wait

Read 38 additional reviews of Pedras D'el Rei Apartments

Stayed at Pedras D'el Rei Apartments? Share your insight.

Pedras D'el Rei Apartments also called

• pedras d el rei
  • pedras del rei
  • Address: Aldeamanto Turistico Pedras d'el Rei at Ria Formosa Natural Park, Tavira 8800-531, Portugal

Map for Pedras D'el Rei Apartments Closest airport: Faro (FAO) 17.1 miles