Sayar Apart Hotel

Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sayar Apart Hotel

1 2 3 4 »
disgusting apartments

"we stayed at the sayar in september 2012 the manager was very rude, it was the absolute pits and would not recomend anybody to go there, no hot water, air con was very expensive and was not very good at all, the apartment itself was falling apart with lots of neglect and was very dirty, in the two weeks we were there the bedding was only changed once which is disgusting"

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, Booked Independently
  • Advice: wash and sleep on the beach in all honesty
by coral.p

Been twice now and will be going back next year!

"Me and my boyfriend stayed at Sayar in July this year and also June last year, and will definitely be returning next year!! Staff are very friendly and very helpful, even when we arrived at 4am. The apartments are basic (but what do you expect for such a great price!) Apartments are cleaned daily. Food is very nice and also cheap! We had a great holiday! See you next year!! :)"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by Steph

Staff good, apartment not good

"Just arrived back from 7 nights at Sayar apart (Mon 5th Sept 2011),went as a family (2 adults & 3 children) and have to say this is not really a family apartment. Pool though okay was alittle on the deep side though there was a smaller section (was quite small). As for the apartment, what can i say.TERRIBLE. As in previous comments no toilet roll was ever changed (ended up buying our own), they wanted £40.00 for air Con (they love the english pound out here), in the time we were there they only ever changed the towels once and that was because i complained about it, bed linen never changed, floors never cleaned.The bin was minute, ended up using carrier bags for rubbish. Had to buy our own cleaning supplys to the the washing up.

On the plus side we found the bar staff and waiters all to be very nice and had no real problems.They do constantly ask if you want a drink but thats how hotels make money and they weren't pushy if you said no. They are very strict that you don't bring your own food or drink to the pool or bar though.The receptionist could do with apersonality transplant though. This hotel would suit young lads/girls who just want somewhere to crash in the evening.

Marmaris on a whole a nice place, the street restaurants can be a bit pushy to get you to eat there but after a while they get to know you and you can banter with them, the shops on the other hand can be a real pain, they like you to buy more then one item before you can knock them down and usually bag it before you've even agreed a price, so if its not a good price dont be forced to buy it.

The temperture at 11am was 36c, so be prepared, and its a long ol journey from the airport (2 hours min) and the coach stops off at a market (all the coaches stop here)for you to spend money.

We were also unprepared when we arrived that we need to buy a visa (£10.00 per head) and they will only accept english money.

Hope this helps

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Room Only, booked with Travel Republic
  • Advice: be prepared for the most basic room you could imagine
by gids01

Basic...Basic...oh yes and Rude!!

"Trouble started on arrival. As soon as we arrived, we were approached upon by the 'entertainment' team to sit down for a meal and drinks, first signs of how pushy they were going to be then we were greeted at reception...sorry did I say greeted I mean grunted!! First there is a £40 a week charge for air conditioning, then we were told we had booked a studio which had a double bed in it (we are 2 lads) but we could change the room for a studio apartment for an extra £5 a night, reluctantly we did this and was £70 down already. The rooms are very basic, the shower leaked so the bathroom floor was permanently wet, we were supplied only 1 loo roll for the week, we had to go and buy our own, we had 2 small bath towels, one which we had to use as a bath mat and these weren't changed for 5 day neither was the bedding, luckily we took an extra towel a piece, the cleaners appeared to come in every day but we were never quite sure what they did as nothing ever moved!! There is a lovely envelope on the dressing table for tips, which moved on to the bed the day we were leaving? At night the reception is usually left unsupervised as the the receptionist finds it quite comfy to sleep on one of the sunbeds around the pool, keys went missing on more than one occasion!! Some of the staff are very nice but you are constantly hassled to buy food and drinks around the pool or booking tables for the evening, the food is much better and cheaper in the bars and restaurants outside the hotel grounds. The Turkish staff can get quite aggressive and jealous when you are dressed up and chatting to other guests (girls) TJ is was worst sleeze!! he swore at us on our last evening and threatened to cause trouble if we left the hotel grounds with one of the guests...need I say more? Marmaris on the other hand is very nice, with some great eating joints, beech front is full of bars, we did get fed up of being asked in to bars by bar staff but once they get to know your face they do calm down. Bar street is defo worth a visit, a little expensive in some clubs but well worth it.

Met some great people too. Just stay away from the Sayar Apartments!!

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Room Only, booked with Olympic Holidays
  • Advice: Give Sayar a wide birth
by Lancashire lads

I need a holiday to get over this holiday!!

"Where do I start about Sayar Apartments...?

1. On the mroning of arrival and check in, the lift was broken therefore we (4 girls) had to carry our own bags up 3 flights of stair with no help or assistance.

2. The next morning we turned up to the Hotels welcome meeting at 12.00 where we were told we would meet our rep for the holiday and be greated by the staff. Noone turned up and we waited an hour! When asked what was going on we also got the "not my problem" look.

3. When ordering our first cocktail the bar tender did not know how to make it and therefore said hed ran out of the drink. He then showed us an ulternative and after waiting 30 minutes it turned out he was asking customers how to make the cocktail because he couldn't make that either.

4. No shower mat provided therefore the WHOLE apartment was flooded with water for a week and also got blamed for using a towel provied by the hotel as a towel mat.

5. Food took an average of an hour even when ordering something basic like cheese on toast or chips.

6. According to the hotel a traditional Turkish breakfast is avalibale. This included 3 slices of cucumber, a slice of feta cheese and a slice of bread. (hardly a sufficient meal for the start of a day) when also a cup of tea was served and hour after breakfast had been eaten.

7. We were accused of stealing towels from the hotels office (when infact we would have actually loved to have known where this was to ensure we actually had clean towels).

8. Bedding was not changed.

9. cleaneres stored their own food in our fridge.

10. Domestic violence in room next door shouting and screaming until early hours of morning my friends and I helped comfort a young lady with a baby whilts hotel staff failed to call security or authorities.

11. The following night another domestic violence ended with a lady putting her leg through the patio door which resulted in her cutting her tendon and ligament and she lost 3 pints of blood. Again my friends and I heard the noise and went to see what had happened found the lady lying on her bed losing blood at a rapid pace we took basic first aid action to helping her. AGAIN hotel staff failed to be helpful in any way, we OURSELVES had to call emergency services, we had to stop the bleeding and keep the women concious by talking to her for 30 minutes. when paramedics arrived 2 of us had to go get a stretcher from abulance, whilts 2 of my other friends helped paramedics. AGAIN hotel staff failed to do anything and we ended up going to the hospital with the lady on our last night to the hospital where we waited 2 hours!!! No thank you or special recognition for this.

12. Instead on the day of check out we were asked to pay for four towels at 20 lira each that were not ours and covered in boot polish! We refused to pay which then resulted in us not being allowed back to our apartment to collect our things for check out that evening.

DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL!! The staff need serious customer services training and courtesy lessons. Hope this is helpful.

by jeffery

very rude staff

"I think the view from the room was great, as for the services, they just rude, if I bought anything from outside food the start being cheeky and say "why you cooking when you are in holiday" thing is its non of their business, I wanted self catering cause I like to go to restaurants not live in the hotel its a holiday not prison, I was in turkey for good great activities and all they were concerned with was about where I spend my money.

I am independent woman who loves going out having fun, not be ordered about like am a slave.

So there I loved turkey and marmaris but the staff including the manager were very rude even to my mum. I was shocked. I have asked for change of the one of the beds they just wanted to move me to another rooms with horrible views. I never had the bed exchanged. had to sleep on a broken bed

Loud music plays till 5am and by law they meant to stop the loud music by 12midnight.

I can count the number of the nice staff in one hand and probably shop some fingers off.

I am planning to return to turkey marmaris and I already have checked out for where to stay when I return.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: shopping from conner shop out side the apartment is much cheaper than the hotel, and there is bigger store which is about ten minutes from no 3 bus last stop on your right. book activities in marmaris and bargain with them. we did everything.have fun
by katie

amazing holiday!!!

"just back from a week at sayar, i have 2 say before i went i had a look at reviews about the apartments and i was actually a bit scared of what i was going 2 hv 2 put up with for a week!!!..............COMPLETE OPPOSITE!!! this was my 4th visit 2 marmaris and my best!! had an amazing week there missing all the staff sooo much, defo visit the sayar again xx"

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks
by lianne x

Absolutely brilliant

"Just got home today(19th june 2011) after staying at the sayar for 1 week and had the best hol Ive ever been on..was our 1st time to Turkey and was abit nervous about going to a new country..1st night we arrived those nerves were gone..the staff from the minute we got to the complex till the minute we left were 110% in everything they did to make our stay enjoyable..they were very friendly and looked after us to the max..food gorgeous,evening entertainment funny and well worth staying at the complex for..we were sad to leave and vowed we will be going back next time,the staff cheered us off as we got in the minibus..The apartments themselves were basic but cleaned every day and towels changed every other day..since some of the older reviews the apts have been done up and a staff overhaul..I cannot stress how fab the staff are..special mention to Oscar,Gino,Hassan,Ahmed,Emra,Appo,Nejat,Yunus,Michael,Batman and the others that we don't know the name of,you are a credit to that complex and we will be staying in contact via email :O) thanks for a great hol Lyndsay,Craig and Jordan xx"

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, booked with Travel republic
  • Advice: Great complex for family hols with family fun and entertainment
by LyndsayCraigJordan

absolutely amazing

"the hotel is lovely and the workers are very nice and they keep you welcome , the food is delicious and they keep you occupied. we went on may and the place was kept nice and tidy and u get your room cleaned every 2 days."

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by maggie devlin

sayar apartments

"just back from sayar apartments had fantastic time all the staff there were brilliant and very family friendly, food was amazing. We were made very welcome going back in september cant wait, hotel clean tidy and basic just what u need."

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by collette

Marmaris dogs home

"Actually I wouldn't put my dog in here - even he deserves more!

Filthy - stains all over the walls, floors, bathroom, smell from sofa bed.

Shabby - paint peeling off doors, wires hanging out of walls, cupboard doors hanging off, holes in bed lined & curtains.

Uncomfortable - beds like sacks of potatoes, broken chairs.

Ill equipped - kettle broken, had to go out to buy pans, cups, cutlery to make breakfast.

Poor staff - very rude & unhelpful

Basically there is nothing right about this place. This is the first time in my life I have ever given any hotel a bad review. But this place is hell on earth!!!!!

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, self catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Avoid it like the plague!!!!!!!!!!
by JT

worst place ever stayed in

"would not recomend this not hotel to anyone not even the homeless.water for shower lukewarm or freezing, its like a small hair shower,kept falling off wall,no shower curtain so toilet room was always flooded.had to ask for clean towels every day.a reciept i had dropped on floor 1st day there i left it to see if cleaner was doing floors,reciept was still on floor it was easy to see as was in middle of room was still there when we left 2 weeks later. sheets never changed once in 2 weeks .televisions had been removed from all rooms.could not make phonecalls from hotel as they no longer had outside lines incoming calls only.there was rarely anyone on reception you had to go looking for them.there was no entertainment only music blaring out all day until midnight and it seemed to be the same record being played over and over.one tour operator took thier holiday makers out of hotel and relocated them into other hotels. 2 ring portable hotplate was your cooking area, fridge was broken. all complaints made to staff were answered with a look as if to say "SO WHAT".turkey is a nice place, loads shops ,restuarants, good beach,its a shame that hotels like sayar are given the place a bad name.there was also a stabbing in hotel,(turkish people, not holiday makers) one young woman ended up with pnumonia,i got flu.there was only 1 dog when we were there it lay sleeping at door all day.last thing we heard when we left that hotel is beng closed down this week, not them closing down for season, but getting closed down because of not paying thier bills. the reason no tv,s or telephones or entertainment. but they still have bookings for people, so if you are planning to stay at sayar i would make sure you check with your travel agent asap."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, self catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: book another hotel if you can
by furious