Sun Village Hotel

Good

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sun Village Hotel

1 2 3 »
Not a 4 star hotel

"My wife and I visted December 2010. The food here is not served hot enough, many people were not well. The eating areas are not cleaned and place mats are dirty. The bar tables are never cleaned.

We would not recomend eating here go out to Nicky's or even Jamie's where the food is hot and excellent.

We wouldn't return to this hotel if you paid us.

Goa is a lovely place but this hotel is a definate let down.

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Go to Goa B&B
by Spikey

No longer a 4star hotel.

"My wife and I have stayed at the Sun Village Arpora every Jan for the past 9 years..However we have noticed the gradual decline in the service and general appearence of the old place.. The rooms now look and feel dreary and dark....You will find little or no hot water after 7pm and they now open the hotel to the locals at the weekend and this brings total chaos to the place...especially at mealtimes.

To sum up I would say the avoid this hotel unless your expectations are on a 2star par and you don't mind rude loud guests.

Footnote...If you plan to buy a diamond out there watch out for the guy they call Raj just outside Sun Village....He sells low-quality diamonds at London prices!

Butch Walker. Surrey. U.K.

• Holiday details: Jan 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: A 2star hotel at 4 star prices
by Butch..

GOA

"Too good, the food was wonderful, the people are amqazingly kind and helpful, if you go to goa then You need to stay in the Sun Village Hotel in Arpora 1km from baga beach but well worth it. Its a real quality hotel."

• Holiday details: Nov 2009, All Inclusive, booked with NETFLIGHTS
  • Advice: Once in a lifetime holiday
  • Activities: Dud Sagar (waterfall)
by lrahman01

Sun Village Hotel

"My husband and I have just returned from two weeks stay at the Sun Village Hotel, Baga and we just wanted to recommend it to everyone! The staff are the most helpful we have ever come accross, the hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms are very spacious and airy. There are 4 restaurants to choose from and the food in all of them is lovely. They cater for all tastes, from true Indian cuisine to roast potatoes and fried chicken.

The hotel has two swimming pools and although the whole completx is built on a hill-side and has quite a few steps, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's just a great place to stay. There is entertainment on every night, a taxi service to wherever you want to go, friendly, helpful staff to help you with any problems you might have and an overall feeling of calm and relaxation which extends to the massage services available to guests too.

We took a taxi and toured the old city and the capital, Panjim, went to the Spice Plantation, rode an elephant and also went to see the Taj Mahal which was another excursion organised by Thomas Cook which was wonderful. If you find a friendly local taxi driver, they will take you anywhere you want to go for a cheap price. We went further out to quieter beaches as Baga beach itself is pretty busy and noisy but there are fantastic beaches a little further afield.

We would recommend this hotel (and Goa) to anyone!

by Eryn

Brilliant holiday,Me my mum and older...

"Brilliant holiday,Me my mum and older sister and dad visited india for 1 week and had a excellent time.The beach is like shopping from your sunbeds go to baga beach! There is a security guard there so if someone comes round selling something you dont want dont give them eye contact and put your hand up.Then the security guard will move them on.Me and my family made the mistake of going all inclusive you dont need to as its to cheap to eat out.We went to baga beach,we had loads of soft drinks,ice cream,beers and food and it came to £14.00 !!!!!! The hotel is nice but if you want serios sun go to the top pool its a bit of a walk but its scorching and there is a massage place up there aswell.Once you get to the top pool go up all the steps and the hill and there is a family who live up there! we wanted to visit a school but they were on there summer holidays so we took the kids who lived on the hill sweets and pens and they were so happy.

I definately recommend the wet and wild trip you get on a coach and drive to a cafe and there you can have a drink and buy nuts and things for the monkeys this takes 1.30 hours you then get in jeeps 8-9 people in a jeep you then go through a dirt track Oh MY GOD this was so funny as its a thin road other jeeps are coming towards you and your like reversing down a hill well me my mum and sister were in stiches.You then reach the monkeys and they like tomatoes but they take a bite then throw it at you! After that you then have a short but tireing walk over the rocks.To the waterfall which is fresh water !if you cross the river there is the monkeys playing in the water.

The Rooms and clean but basic me and my sister shared a room then my mum and dad did the rooms have a small living area with a t.v and sofa and also some worktops and there is a fridge you can drink the things in the fridge once but not the second time or you will be billed for it and the bottle opener is on the bathroom wall.There then is a small bathroom and then the double bed and a small balconey.

A couple of times there was a powercut but it came back on within 5 minuets.The lawn BBQ is lovely the food is gorgous. For lunch its in the hibiscus(opposite the first pool). For the buffet breakfast and dinner its served in the hall next to the habiscus.All the food is quite nice(i dont like spicy things) they have about 3 different types of rice and fresh nann bread.

There isnt much for children here but we played pool at night in the airconditioning bar.

In there they played sky football.

Overall this holiday was brilliant,I was 12 my sister was 16 and we both enjoyed at much as our parents!

by L Tuddenham

My husband my 2 daughters Kadie my...

"My husband my 2 daughters Kadie my god daughter and i spent two wonderful weeks in this great hotel. The staff were great and could not do enough for my family, The food was to die for ,the steak i was served was the size of a small cow cooked fresh and to my liking,We met some wonderful people out there and this was due to the friendly atmouspher of the hotel. We loved Goa and sun village that much we are brousing now to go back April 2009 for 3 weeks .We would reccomend this hotel and Goa to the best of people ."

by M Hammond

Fantastic hotel. Staff cannot do...

"Fantastic hotel. Staff cannot do enough for you, so helpful and friendly but then that goes for Goa in general. Great hotel in tranquil surroundings - beach only 100 rupees (£1) in a cab to beach and main nightlife.

Upgrade to superior room it's definitely worth the money! Free beers/soft drinks through duration of holiday. Nuts and crisps too.

Free massage a waste of time, better to give it a miss and head for the beach. Do not go to the beauty salon there equipment is obviously not cleaned properly as I got a skin infection from their 'pedicure'

The main pool is nice but can get a little crowded. Go to the top pool for a truly amazing view and utter peace and quiet. If you are looking for a bargain head into the main market area and barter, they don't mind they are used to it.

Overnight elephant excursion is an absolute must approx £65 each but that's 2 whole days, including an overnight stay in a mud hut and elephant ride!

Luxury tent excursion in the south of Goa also worth doing - amazing sunsets! Overall this was hands down the best holiday I have ever had. I would recommend Goa to anyone. Amazing culture and great people.

As a travel agent I would recommend this hotel but definately upgrade to the Superior room.

You certainly don't need All inclusive in Goa but as its not far off the same price for B&B in other hotels you can afford to eat out every night like we did.

by L Harris

My husband and myself have just...

"My husband and myself have just returned from a holiday at the Sun Village Hotel in Arpora. We have had the most fantastic holiday ever. The only draw back with this hotel is there are loads of steps as we are both pensioners we found it not impossible but sometimes a bit energetic. The food was lovely perhapse could have been catered for the English a little bit more but we enjoyed it. Anyone who does not like the heat DO NOT GO IN APRIL, the average temp was 40 deg very hot and humid Feb is a good month. The rooms are very basic but clean and comfy The staff are lovely especially Papu he was very helpfull in the resturant and put up with a lot of teasing. To buy jewellery go to Raj Jewellers outside the hotel. We had a driver for the 2 weeks we where there and he took us every where and waited with us to bring us back (a better way of seeing the sites) as the locals know the best places his name was U.K.

We shall be back again next year without a doubt.

by M Wallett

FANTASTIC, is the word i would have...

"FANTASTIC, is the word i would have to use to describe the sun village, from the moment we arrived till departing the staff could not help us enough, the housekeeping staff inparticular would make designs on the bed with towels and leave flowers fo us. the food in the sun village is excvellent they caterd for everyones taste, and with four restaurants to choose from you could never go hungary. the hotels rooms were spacious and very clean, funiture was dated but was fine. i would highly recommend this hotel and their own taxi service was spot on, they took us to trips the reps had not mentioned, the crocodile hunting is a must with jake the snake, the taxi driver was so friendly and looked after us well. cant wait for next year to go back."

by A Willshire

Me and my husband came back from our...

"Me and my husband came back from our honeymoon in goa yesterday and it was amazing. i have to say after a 12 hour delay on our flight we were very anxious to get there but when we did it was not dissapointing. The staff are very friendly and will do anything to help you.

I must say its a very big culture shock when you get into the country but you get used to it after a while.

The Sun Village was an excellent place to stay and from the minute you get there the staff are very friendly and will help you with whatever you need.

The food was amazing in all the buffets and the al la carte restuarant.

The pool was very lovely but they could do with more sunbeds we went at the end of the season and they were always taken by early in the morning but there is always a place to sit. The pool had bugs in it but this cannot really be helped. The staff are on hand to give you whatever you need while there.

In the resturants the staff are exccellent very quick and will do whatever to help you.

We did the land that time forgot excursion which was a reasonable price and was a fantastic day out. You get to see the way that the real goans live and was an amazing experience. We also went to see the waterfalls, once you got there is was an amazing view and you can have a swim int he water which my husband did, or watch the monkeys which i did. The journey in the jeep was not the best but it is goa and you cant expect to much.

All in all we had an amazing honeymoon and it is something i will never forget. I would recomend it as it was the holiday of a lifetime!

by J E Capps

Spent Christmas and New Year in Goa....

"Spent Christmas and New Year in Goa. Returned to UK 07/01/08. Loved the people, the weather, the food, the beaches, and everything about the place EXCEPT the Sun Village Hotel in Arpora.

Rated 4* by Cosmos with a price tag to match. Have been to Goa on 4 previous occasions and would only rate this tired looking hotel 2*.

The picture of the room in Cosmos brochure was certainly not a mirror image of the dark, miserable, grotty hovel we slept in. Hated the evening entertainment...this included various renditions of Viva Espana usually sang out of tune.

Thanks to some very inconsiderate British guests police had to be called to the hotel and two guests ended up in hospital. If you like "Scum in the Sun" you'll enjoy this hotel.

Will definitely return to Goa but will be avoiding The Sun Village.

by stellamess

Terrible hotel, terrible food and...

"Terrible hotel, terrible food and terrible staff. Went with my daughter who spent the whole week trying to avoid the over zealous male waiting staff. No communication from hotel about meal times and was lucky if you saw the Cosmos rep. Would not recommend at all. Also there are too many steps for the less mobile and not enough sun beds, the same people would reserve their beds from about 6am and sometimes even if they were reserved nobody used them."

by Joanne Lynn