Hilton Corniche Residence Hotel

Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hilton Corniche Residence Hotel

Enter your dates:

Worst Hotel Experience Ever !! by VERTL

Warning bells started to ring two weeks prior to our stay when the hotel only received a booking for one room in our name. we booked two rooms. I was told to email reservations, which I did but never heard back. I contacted undercovertourist.com and they followed up the confirmation of the second room for us also. We were told that we had two rooms cross referenced under one booking number.

when we arrived at the hotel, we were told that we had only one confirmed room. We were advised that we could have a second room if we gave our credit card to them. We said no as we had already paid. After 45 mins we asked to check into our confirmed room whilst we sorted the second room. We were told that we could pay for internet connection so that we could prove to them that we had paid. The reservations manager, who I had emailed was not contactable and nobody else had the reservations access. I was told by the duty manager that the reservations manager was uncontactable as he was enjoying the weekend with his family. Shame I couldn't say the same thing !

We provided the duty manager with a copy of our credit card statement, which clearly showed that we had paid for two rooms but he still refused to check us into the second room. By this time our kids (a 6yr old, 3 yr old and 20 mth old) were starting to get agitated.

We were told to get online and find a number to contact the travel company to confirm our payment. By this time the 24 hr internet connection we had "payed for" had gone down !

It took us over 3 and a half hours to check in ! In the end my husband went and saw the duty manager and told him he had 15 mins to sort it out or he would pull his companies account with Hilton. I was in the room crying !

Ten minutes later we received a ph call to our room, from someone we had not previously dealt with, saying our second room was confirmed and did we want to come to reception and collect the key. No apology or offer to compensate us for our wasted afternoon. We never saw or heard from the duty manager again !

Of course our second room was on a different floor - handy for 3 kids under 7 !

On checking out, we wasted another 45 mins whilst the reception rang around to see if we should pay for our internet connection to the room. We refused to pay as we had connectivity for a whole 5mins, during which time we printed off our bank statement to prove that we had paid.

It was the worst service I have ever received. Not a single sorry for wasting our time and causing us heartache. It spoilt my weekend in Abu Dhabi.

Next time I will stay at another hotel, and will recommend to others to do the same.

At the moment I am in the process of writing to the General Manager of Hilton Hotels for Asia Pacific and Middle East.

not rushing back by luxurytraveller21

I stayed here on business the week before Easter. Having previously stayed at the Crowne Plaza and not been overwhelmed. I paid GB £70 a night for a junior suite which I though was a great bargain. I booked an early check in at 11am but when I arrived I was told I would have to wait 6 hours for my room or they would give me a standard room and refund the price difference. Anyone who has been flying overnight for 10 hours will know which option I picked. Staff were quick and courteous throughout.

Room was highly standard with a single bed and a view of a building site. The pool was small but adequate and had snack service. I didn’t try the gym. Very nice to have complimentary 24 hour internet service in the business lounge.

As with all alcohol free hotels you will find that the food is generally a reasonable value at a good price.

The next day I was upgraded to my suite but I wished I had just taken the rebate. The hotel is in desperate need of updating and instead of having one average room I now had two and a woeful kitchenette.

Hotel was poor. Staff were ok. Abu Dhabi has a way to go before reaching Dubai’s standard.

Tip. Get a taxi from the street instead of getting the hotel to book one; it will be half the price

A sound, practical choice by tint7003

The Hilton Corniche Residence is well positioned facing the Corniche and in the centre of the City, almost next to the Millennium Hotel. It's a 5DH cab ride from the Marina Mall and apx 60-65DH cab ride from Abu Dhabi International Airport. I enjoyed a sea-facing room (immediately in front of the hotel is car parking and an area of land that is currently being remodelled as lawns and fountains. Beyond this is the highway and then the sea.)

The room was a little outdated but a good size, and efficiently air conditioned. The bed was comfortable with crisp linen, plentiful pillows and duvet. There was a small fridge (no alcohol is served in this hotel) and plenty of cupboard and drawer space. The bathroom needs renovation but is functional - no individual tolietries, but dispensers of soap and shampoo on the wall. Housekeeping was meticulous. The soundproofing between the rooms is not the best - some loud TV noise from the neighbouring room did disturb me once or twice.

The biggest disappointment is that there's no in-room internet connection, but an internet lounge with connections and PCs is provided although this did get crowded in the evening.

The rooftop pool is small but pleasant and throughout my week's stay I never found it busy - there are around 15 comfortable sun loungers and some chairs and tables. The gym is small-3/4 cardio machines, some Cybex equipment and free weights and there's a small sauna. Like the bedrooms, all the pool and gym space was very clean and well maintained. If you prefer to be by the sea, tickets are sold at a discount rate of 35DH for the beach club at the Abu Dhabi Hilton.

There's a coffee shop selling cakes, cappuccino and snacks - and a restaurant which serves the standard Hilton buffet breakfast (50DH) and a very good value evening meal with choices of main course, excellent salad and dessert buffet (50DH).

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Without exception - from the Reception, to Housekeeping, from the pool attendant to the waiting staff - everyone was charming and helpful.

This is not a luxury hotel by any means, but for a sensibly priced, centrally situated hotel it has a lot going for it and I enjoyed my stay.

great value, great location by arnsch

The location of the Hilton corniche is perfect. The room had sea view and the staff was great.

Restaurants are easy to reach by foot and the hotel has a roof-top swimming-pool (not huge but nice).

I would definetely stay there again (even stough AD is of very little tourist attractions).

Read 28 additional reviews of Hilton Corniche Residence Hotel

Stayed at Hilton Corniche Residence Hotel? Share your insight.

Hilton Corniche Residence Hotel also called

• abu dhabi hilton
  • hilton abu dhabi
  • hilton international abu dhabi
  • Address: Behind Khalifa Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Map for Hilton Corniche Residence Hotel Closest airport: Abu Dhabi International (AUH) 18.4 miles