THB Felip

Good

Enter your dates to find the best prices for THB Felip

Enter your dates:

good relaxing holiday by cazley100

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in august,we found it very relaxing and couldn't fault a thing we enjoyed it so much we are already booked to go back in August this year.no noisy pubs just nice places to eat and drink.we went all inclusive so did only eat out once down on the marina which was also very nice.easy enough to use local buses to Cala Millor etc reasonably priced too,so getting around is easy .hotel staff are helpful and friendly,the spa is also an added bonus to this hotel lovely massage to kick start the holiday.we stayed in a room in the main hotel overlooking the beach and I must say we didn't have any problems with noise and the air con worked a treat.rooms cleaned every day with fresh towels etc.so if you want party party time go somewhere else if you looking for peace and quiet with nice surrounding its here. all in all a great holiday cant wait to go back.

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, booked with lowcostholidays.com
  • Advice: make sure you get a room in the main hotel overlooking the beach and marina.

NOT a 4 star. NEVER! by ulsva

Cleanliness was not next to godliness. A chip and other food matter deteriorated on the dining room floor in front of our eyes over the course of the week. Who knows how long it was there before we arrived and after we left. The overall cleanliness and service in the hotel did not live up to its 4 star expectation. The rooms were adequate, but housekeeping skipped us one day for no apparent reason. Front desk could not speak our mother tongue nor could they understand English properly which lead to various misunderstandings. The TV had one English channel only that spoke about world economics all day from America.

The pool was inaccessable and very small surrounded by high walls. We did not spend a moment there. The spa was nice. It gave us a chance to swim indoors and be out of the sun with our toddler although it does not really cater for a toddler's needs. Very little in the hotel catered for children or teenagers or toddlers for that matter. There were baby chairs in the diningroom but they seemed very unsafe and tattered.

The food was disappointing. The breakfast was the same every morning and dinner seemed like heated ready meals. The desserts looked like frozen Lidl gateaus. I got the idea that if you came in from the street and ordered from the menu, not only did you get the better outside tables, but the quality of the food was better too.

The location is fantastic. We enjoyed the beach and there were 2 very friendly waiters that made the stay special.

We would go back to Porto Cristo but would either check in to a 2-3 star hotel and get the same service as at THB Felip or book into another 4 star hotel that deserves his 4 stars.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Half Board, booked with OTBeach.com
  • Advice: Fantastic for sun, sea and swimming. Avoid THB Felip if you want 4 star hotel!
  • Activities: Swimming in the sea

Perfect Location... by MissYorks

I stayed at the hotel in for 5 nights in Jul 2008 with my now ex-boyf and it was our first hoilday together. The location and closness to the beach (literally just over the road!) was the main factor when booking as I was unable to walk very far.

On arrival, we were told we could not have a sea view room and had to have a room at the back of the hotel in a seperate block, but we managed to move after 2 nights.

Our new room had a balcony with a lovely view of the square in front and the sea and we spent most evenings sat out there with a glass (or two) of cava.

The beach is lovely and clean and not too busy and there are lots of bars/restaurants/shops on the same street as the hotel, plus a Burger King next door!

I would definitely go back, even on my own as its a place where you can just chill out and enjoy the sun.

great position but not cleaned well by thommy72

This is a nice hotel in a beautiful position. It is sold as a 4-star hotel but I personally would give to this hotel 2-3 stars.

It is a historic building, softly renovated. The rooms are quite spacious for spanish standards and have great views. The hotel itself is badly isolated so you can hear all of your neighbours and viceversa.

I stayed there for 6 nights, next time I would stay less or try to book only B&B because the buffet dinner is every evening the same. Breakfast buffet is ok for southern standards.

The worst point is the cleaness. This hotel is not very clean. This is important for allergic people. My partner soffered a lot in the room. The maid is passing every day in the room but the room is not cleaned effeciently daily (I think neither at departure).

They have a little spa which is not bad.

Basic hotel but ok by mkmdurham

We wanted a good basic hotel at a reasonbale price and this is exactly what we got. We have not booked less than 4/5 star hotels for the last 20 years but to be honest it was rather better than we expected when we booked.

We stayed with my son and future daughter in law in two rooms at the back of the hotel. The problems first - the down side - there was building work going on, almost opposite our rooms. The hotel/booking company should state this on their websites! Another problem - although we booked two rooms only one was reserved when we arrived. We never found out the reason why but we guessed it was because we booked the rooms seperately and because they were booked in the same surnames they got confused? It was quickly resolved but I wonder what would have happened if it was peak season and/or the hotel had been full?

Now about the hotel - It was basic with basic rooms (altough air conditioned) with good basic food. But perfectly adequate for us although if some members of your party are fussy eaters I would avoid this hotel as the choice for buffet breakfast and evening meals is limited. Breakfast was mainly scambled eggs/beans ham and cheese with toast and coffee available and some really nice warm sweet pastries. Evening meals were ok e.g. pork chops, stuffed aubergines, fish plus chips or croquettes and god salads. The rooms were perfectly adequate with lcd tv and they were cleaned every day. I would rate this as a 3 star hotel. We didn't really hear too much noise from the building site but we were out all day and the work stopped at 5 ish and didn't start early, so it didn't bother us at all. The staff we found to be very good and very helpful (despite what other reveiwers say on this web site) especially the manager. It was one of our partys birthday and the hotel manager found out. We had fresh fruit and champagne delivered in the morning and another bottle of champagne delivered to our table at lunch time. The manager at evening meal times and bar staff we found to be very helpful and friendly- once we got to know them and the front desk manager and staff were very friendly and efficient. The rest of the staff were a bit grumpy at first but once we got to know them and they us they were fine. Pool only small with about 5/6 sun beds and can be a bit crowded but beach is good although very busy at weekends with locals. We found the best place furthest from hotel along the bay towards caves.

The hotel location was superb and was a few metres from the beach and a short walk to a very nice marina with some really nice boats. Club Nautica on marina is opposite but the bars etc. not worth visiting in my opinion. Some really nice restaraunts short walk away Sirocco etc. We had paella and this is recommended but all the meals here looked superb. Not much to do for the 18 - 30 age group with only a few bars and no night clubs at all. We hired a car with Sixti no problems at all very quick to get you on your way (don't do at hotel as it costs 3 times as much ) Visited Cala Misquida, Millor and Bona plus caves of Drach all worth a visit. To summarise - A good, above average, basic hotel with very good helpful staff, good basic rooms with excellent views and reasonable food if you are not too fussy. Would stay again in the future.

A peaceful and unspoilt place. by Roncim

As a couple of pensionable age, we were looking for an inexpenisve winter break in Mallorca, away from any rowdy elements and Porto Cristo at the Hotel Felip fitted the bill.

As others have said, the location could not be bettered, overlooking the harbour and beach. The town was only partly open but had all the basics we required. We had a hired car and in our week , we clocked up about 600 miles in travelling to all parts of the island and seeing the "real" Mallorca. Returning each day to PC, it was nice to enjoy the quietness but it would have been better to have found a bar in the town where we could have felt comfortable to enjoy a quiet drink.

We find it hard to understand complaints about staff surliness as we found every single staff member to be helpful and smiling.

Our room was at the front (having asked, on arrival, for a change from the back room that had been allocated to us overlooking a building site). The room was adequately furnished but cramped and the builders must have forgotten about sound-proofing when they built the hotel as we could hear every word coming from next door. The balcony made it pleasant to sit out, overlooking the bay.

We thought the food was only adequate although plentiful and there was a decent choice at each meal. However, the hot food was never really hot and there were no heated plates supplied to help retain the temperature of the food.

We would recommend friends to go to the Felip and PC if they, like us, seek a quiet holiday.

What a supreb location by Dusty44

My wife and I stayed at the Felip in October 2007.

First thing every morning open the curtains and admire the view, our balcony was so close to the sea that I could throw a stone onto the beach, if I had tried.

The hotel is exactly central in Porto Cristo and everywhere was within easy walking distance.

There were NO timeshare touts or anything of this nature, nobody at all pestering anyone to take part/buy anything or go anywhere for "free".

The location is just fabulous, the locals very friendly and there were numerous coffee shops and cafes, as well as local souveners.

For the size of hotel the food was excellent and there was no shortage of choice. One could say that a minor blip was that most nights the only potato on the menu was chips, but this was well supplemented with varieties of rice, pasta etc.

You could literally have even yourself out of your clothes if you had wished.

The Porto Cristo area is ideal for anyone wanting a quiet and relaxing holiday, and in case no one knows the famous Caves of Drach are about 1 kilometer from the hotel, the Caves of Ham about 1and 1/2kms from the hotel.

It was great at night not really any disco noises, there were if truth be told no discos, but there are bars.

The walk from the hotel along the harbour/marina takes about 20 minutes but anyone with an interest in the sea would envy the numerous boats of all sizes.

The port has very frequent boat trips to other areas along the coast.

Once again my wife and I used the local bus, (what a gret way to get about), to visit Cala d'or, it takes about 45 minutes, but then you travel on side roads and through small unheard of villages etc so there is plenty to see.

I can't speak highly enough of both the hotel, its location and the general area and would most definitely go back and would recommend it to anyone who wants to avoid the usual noise and rowdiness of the main resorts.

Nice hotel, shame about the food! by ragat7

I agree with the other writers about the general location of the hotel and rooms. Yes it is in a great location and if you have a room facing the bay its great. However we had a room facing the back of the hotel overlooking a building site. Fortunately we were able to move to the bay view after some discussion with the manager. The food in the resturant in the evening was apalling! Soggy veg, everything else either fried to death or swimming in oil. The restaurant staff looked like they were all sucking on lemons and not very helpful. The pool is mostly covered and in an area which is always shaded so don't expect to sunbathe there. The new Spa was excellent but probably the best kept secret in Porto Cristo. Nothing in the hotel to tell you it even exists! MAD! I would stay there again but B&B only and eat out in evenings.

Having spent one hideous night at an... by  D Gallagher

Having spent one hideous night at an apartment in Sa Coma, was absolutely delighted to be transferred to this hotel.

This hotel had warmth and character, as opposed to the majority of faceless places you find at popular tourist resorts.

Ok, the pool could have been a little larger and the parking situation a little better, but the hotel is right opposite the gorgeous little beach and if you don't mind walking for a few minutes to your car then everything is fine.

The people at the hotel are very helpful and courteous.

The food here was good. As a vegan (with a wheat intolerance) I find it rather difficult to eat whilst in foreign countries, but everything is buffet style and I could just go round and choose what I wanted.

There is also Burger King right next door for the fast food junkies!

The situation of the hotel is very, very good - away from the livelier bars and clubs, so you get a good night sleep! The people in the surrounding shops are also very nice and helpful.

Will definitely be returning to this hotel.

Ideal location by A TripAdvisor Member

We stayed at Hotel Felip also during the England-Sweden match. I agree with the other member that the staff were rather unfriendly mostly in the restaurant though. The young bar man was great fun, and the reception staff were very pleasant. We did get a change of bedding during our 7 night stay, and our towels were changed 4 times. The room tidied up every day. General cleanliness in the room wasn't bad, a little more attention to the shower and sink area if I am honest was needed. The springs in the mattressess had seen better days. However having said all of this, our room was on the front with a small balcony, which gave a lovely view of the beach to wake up too. The hotel downstairs was very pleasant, the food was very good. The downside was the restaurant in the evening, it was buffet service which is fine but the drinks service from the miserable waitresses was very poor. No music was played in there either, and the table lay up was literally a salt and pepper and a budvase. If they improved on this it would be a pleasure to eat in there. Hence we chose to eat every night. Breakfast absolutely fine. If you are ever in this resort when football is on again and you prefer an English commentator best take a trip to Cala Millor which we did. Took a taxi, which took 10 mins approx and cost about 8-10 pounds - watched it at the Rose & Crown! The resort of Porto Christo is great, if you want an authentic spanish holiday, without the masses of tourists. Plenty of germans in our hotel, and a few french people on the beach, it was refreshing for us British to be in the minority in a spanish resort. Loved the beach, the marina is great to walk around and see some beautiful boats. Restaurants - Sa Pedra, and Siroco - excellent food - situated right on the front overlooking the marina. Club Nautica nice for a walk to for a drink. Surrounding coastline is wonderful - visited Cala Figuera, Porto Colom and Portopedro (my favourite) all very nice. The town Santanyi is also worth a visit - orange stone buildings and some nice cafes to while away the afternoon, market day on a Wednesday morning till about lunchtime. Lots of rip off handbags and a lot of repetition but a good atmosphere.

Probably not a 4 star, but I didn't expect it be at the price we paid for a weeks half board. We would stay at this hotel again, because we enjoyed the resort such a lot.

Read 85 additional reviews of THB Felip

Stayed at THB Felip? Share your insight.

THB Felip also called

• thb felip hotel porto cristo
  • thb felip porto cristo
  • Address: Calle Burdils 41, Majorca 07680, Spain