Melia Jardines del Teide

Stayed at Melia Jardines del Teide?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Melia Jardines del Teide

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 »
If you’re looking for a great... by brownp1

If you’re looking for a great Tenerife holiday, without the hustle and bustle of Las Americas, then this is an ideal place to stay.

I was there for a week stay last January and found it the perfect break, not least because of the weather. The hotel was kept immaculate at all times and, while the room was basic, sheets and towels were changed on a regular basis.

The food I found to be a little tedious, however, it was all cooked and presented well, with the service being first class.

The entertainment I felt was catered for the Spanish residents, however, the hotel is situated only a 5 minute walk to a selection of pubs and restaurants. In addition, the town centre is a short taxi ride away.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I know I will definitely be back.

Absolutely beautiful hotel. I put on... by LM Baird

Absolutely beautiful hotel. I put on 7lbs in a week due to the wonderful buffet that was there.

The room was huge and our balcony overlooked the pool and the sea. I was miserable leaving this hotel and would gladly stay here again. The only thing that troubled me was that we were given a map to our hotel room (and got lost!).

Once we found it though, we were delighted.

The staff couldn't have been nicer, apart from one woman on reception, but everyone else was extremely nice.

Just got back from nine nights... by J Burton

Just got back from nine nights staying at the Melia Jardin del Teide in Costa Adeje.

Had a nice time because the weather was excellent and it was nice to sit around the pool and relax. However, in our opinion (based on staying in similar hotels in the area) the hotel had some considerable drawbacks!!

If you're British and you like to be around others brits then you'll be disappointed. 80% of guests were Spanish, 10% Russian, 5% German and 5% British.

Food was extremely limited for the number of guests staying in the hotel. You would see the same food which had not been eaten being served day after day. Carrots for breakfast - no thanks....! Many a night we would go up to the buffet only to still be wandering around 5 minutes later with nothing on our plates. And we aren't exactly fussy eaters. I can't imagine what it would be like if you had kids. Overall, very poor quality food and very limited selection. If you couldn't find anything to eat in the restaurant then you would have to wait until the next morning as there was no snack bar. We ended up eating out on a few occasions.

The service in the restaurant was terrible, trying to find a table that you could sit at and then trying to order a drink was quite difficult. The restaurant staff seemed overworked and as a result they weren't very happy.

The worst thing about the food was that it was nearly always cold. This was especially worrying.

Our room was tatty; sheets and curtains had holes in them, furniture was broken, the toilet was broken, and the wardrobe door wouldn't open or close. We reported these problems to reception but nothing was ever done about it. The walls were very thin and we were regularly woken with noise from guests either side of us.

The maid service wasn't that good. When we first checked in to our room there were a number of pubic hairs on the tiles around the bath. Not a nice welcome. The outside terrace was always dirty.

The swimming pool wasn't tiled, just a rough painted surface instead. The bottom of the pool had a number of large cracks which had been filled with black cement. The pool water seemed clean enough and well chlorinated, but the bottom of the pool and the steps in to it were dirty.

The hotel had a lifeguard on duty everyday. However, he spent his entire day wandering around the pool talking to the Spanish guests (with his back to the pool) trying to tell them jokes and do magic tricks. Disgraceful that if a child had got into difficulty he wouldn't have even noticed.

The only thing that made the holiday enjoyable was the weather!

All in all, I would recommend to anyone to stay in the Bahia Principe Hotel next door which costs roughly the same and is in a different league. We've stayed there a few times before and have always had a lovely time.

Stayed at the Melia Jardines during... by I Byers

Stayed at the Melia Jardines during September 2006 for 12 nights on an all inclusive basis. My partner and I (both Mid to Late 20's) thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend the hotel to almost anyone.

We are regular visitors to Tenerife and normally stay in the Adeje area - plenty amenities nearby and much classier than the nearby Las Americas or Los Cristianos areas.

I always say that Costa Adeje is suitable for any type of holiday, long romantic walks, water sports, kids activities, daytime and evening entertainment, good bus links and roads to explore the island, anything your heart desires.

Building works ongoing in this area so may get busy very quickly. And be spoiled by the yob tourists.

The hotel itself: Decent 4 star

Hotel is situated in large grounds on a hill so had multiple levels and may not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues. Popular hotel for Spanish Germans and Scots (courtesy of low cost Fly Globespan), excellent views.

Food good enough, decent choice and non repetitive. Rooms, we had an upgraded room so not sure about the standard rooms. Ours was large and comfortable with good sized bathroom. The Maid service was good and the room and hotel in general very clean.

Facilities, two pools, we mostly stayed at the quieter one on the same level as the restaurant. Usual daytime and evening entertainment. Gym (not really) just a couple of exercise bikes. Did not use much of the other facilities. Plenty of space at either sun terrace or pool areas.

Staff, all very friendly and polite (apart from 1 waiter in the restaurant who could easily have been a miserable Scot like myself), most spoke good English and all were good natured (even the gardeners and janitors)

Anyone wanting a drunken party hotel, stay away

If you want a nice peaceful stay in a nice hotel with good facilities in a good area then this is highly recommended.

Flew to Tenerife on the 12th August... by Z Robertson

Flew to Tenerife on the 12th August 2006 for a 10 night stay in the Jardin del Teide via flyglobespan.

Hotel is very nicely presented on the top of a hill. Reception is elegant on arrival with stunning views in all directions. All the staff bar one at reception are very friendly, English speaking and keen to help. We did have a 2 hour wait when we arrived before we were able to check into our room, which did cause some inconvenience!

However when we eventually did get into the room it was large, spacious, bright, clean and everything you would expect from a 4star hotel! The air con is excellent and not once did we ever feel too warm!

Had a lovely balcony commanding great views of the ocean (including a few cranes, which were never any hassle or too loud)!

Food was of a good standard with a variety of different styles on offer. I have to admit it probably was of a more 3 star standard but I never didn't find something I wanted to eat! Breakfast was great with cakes, fry ups, fruit. All very tasty! We ate lunch everyday at the poolside snack bar on the ground floor! Consisting of burgers, chips, everything the kids would love!

Dinner, in the main restaurant was all buffet style again, and again was all edible!

Help yourself to juice and fruit (which was a nice touch) all day including ice cream. There were a couple of nice espresso machines around the hotel which were also lovely!!

I can't comment on the shows as I never went to see any, but there was something different on every night as far as I could hear!

Landscaping and surroundings were all beautiful and idyllic over the 7 floors of this hotel! Which was easy to access via the 3 lifts! Though comically there was a sign outside of these which had been translated into English reading "Incase of fire do not use"....we used them everyday!

Short walk, 10 mins takes you to the newly build elegant shopping centre, plenty of famous names i.e. Cartier, Tiffanys, Chanel and the main town of Costa Adele is there aswell.

The only trip we did was aqualand which was probably overpriced and the queues were big but a good day out and only a 5-7 euro taxi ride from hotel!

Pools were both lovely and kept clean. But if you wanted a particular spot on the sun beds you will have to get up early to put your towels out, but not before 9 as we found out if you do that your towels will be removed by reception...eek!

Maid service changed towels, bed linen and cleaned up (folded my clothes) everyday and was never imposing!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to families (plenty to keep children occupied) couples, which is what we were. Not to groups of singles looking to party. Nice for a 10 night stay, anymore I think would become too repetitive!

awful im amazed at some of the good reviews by A TripAdvisor Member

First of all let me just say that obviously this review is my opinion and i will simply make it factual to what happened to us. We had booked a last minute holiday and chose to go here after reading some quite good reviews on this site. However what we experienced was very different. Rooms: We were on 5th floor and yes rooms are spacious and the main part of room is quite nice and well kept however the bathrooms are not really up to 4*, our bath had an old shower, the bath tub looked like parts had been repaired with tipex and light in toilet didnt work. There is a mini bar but its empty. There is a television however only english speaking channels were CNN and Eurosport (our battery kept falling out of the remote control aswell as there wasnt a back to it). Meals: Very poor quality in my opinion and we had to eat out a couple of nights when we couldnt take it anymore. On four occasions in one week we had undercooked food, undercooked burger at pool bar, undercooked chips at pool bar, omlette at breakfast and chicken at dinner. Odd combinations of food put together all buffet style and most food repeated throughout day, (even cakes out at breakfast). We didnt get our monies worth for all inclusive as we just couldnt stomach any of it. Entertainment: There was a show put on for an hour or so at 9pm in the disco downstairs before and after that the place is virtually empty. When we were there they even played the same music cd everynight. Staff: We found staff to be very attentive, friendly and polite. Grounds: The hotel grounds are vast and a bit too out of the way of the main shops and restaurants etc (which you will need to go to if your all inclusive!)

After living on pringles and chocolate all week in our opinion we would never go back to this place, if you do decide to go I can only hope your experience is better. If you do go to Costa Adeje stay at Costa Adeje Gran its gorgeous and eat at Little Italy near the front of beach about 5 mins away.

Lovely hotel by Schipol123

We flew with globespan to this hotel for a week's holiday in May. We wanted to be away from the buzz of Las Americas so opted for the more exclusive Costa Adeje area. I have to say when we arrived we were delighted to see a lovely upmarket looking hotel. The fact that there are number of 5 star hotels surrounding this 4 star hotel shows that the area is more up market.

The check in was very helpful with a really friendly member of staff giving us maps, details of the all inclusive package and what is available in the hotel. Our room was very large and was really nice with stunning views over Playa del Duque. One small problem we had on a number of occasions was cockroaches - I'm not sure if it was the time of year or the fact we were on level 5 but we did have to run around the apartment on a few occasions.

The food was okay not 4 star rating though - plenty of it and varied. We did end up eating out twice during the seven days just to vary the taste as towards the end things did start to taste the same. The dining room was pleasant and the staff seemed to be friendly - more so towards the Spaniards staying at the hotel who got to choose the table they wanted!

I would definately visit this hotel again as the swimming pool and general landscape of the hotel was lovely. I felt truly relaxed when I was there and enjoyed the area. One thing the hotel lacked was quality entertainment at night - maybe this gets better during the summer but it really was not up to much. I think this hotel gets its 4 star rating for the architectural landscaping and size of rooms not the entertainment and cuisine.

fantastic by KerrsScotland

my husband and i spent 5 days for a short break, what a pleasant suprise. rooms food exellent. This was our first time in Tenerife and will certainly return to this hotel. we went with globespan, it's a hidden gem.

Four from Welwyn, Hertfordshire UK - Well, well, what a surprise! by Chris_54

Thought my husband had beaten me to it and written a review of our stay in this lovely hotel, because we too were fortunate to be allocated a room on the 5th floor (pool level). However, it appears it was written by our neighbours in room 508, Liverpudlians, with a beautiful baby. I can only re-iterate their opinion - our stay was equally enjoyable. Our only complaint was that we gained about 10lbs in weight between the four in our party. The food was fab. A classy establishment, this one, but in no way swanky. Staff who were eager to help and friendly. Dora who led the entertainment team was great and the Management was up-front and pro-active. Sol Melia should be proud of this hotel. It offers good value for money in an ideal situation (though unsuitable for anyone with walking difficulties, as there are lots of steps because it is built uphill on various levels).

Previous complaints about Germans, in our experience, were unfounded - they were quiet and charming (and the ladies very stylish).

You won;'t be disappointed if you test-drive this hotel - and we will most definitely be returning. ENJOY !!!

Great by leebingo

We have just returned from this hotel we were there 9 nights.The first thing i would say is i reccomend a room on the 5th floor you are right next to the outdoor heated pool and close to the main restaurent.The food is good and there is a selection for everyone although the menu does repeat once a week.The hotel is spread over a lot of ground but is extremly well kept and tidy,the staff are perfect and do anything and everything they can.The snack bar is located by the other pool and again has a wide variety of food that is open till 6pm.There is fridges of water all over the place to just help your self we filled our fridge in the room with it and obvioulsy if your all inclusive it's free.The views from this place are amazing especially of a night with all the lights etc.Las americas is about 6/7 mins in a car.I think this hotel is perfectly situated and would reccomend this place to anyone.

My husband and I (mid 20's) spent one... by Lifetransmitted

My husband and I (mid 20's) spent one week at this resort in March 2006. We highly recommend this resort if you are looking for somewhere quiet and with a bit of class... away from the commercialized area of Playa De Las America.

This area of Adeje is relatively new, with construction still taking place around the resort. We did hear / see the construction during the day, but the resort is secluded enough that it was no bother.

We welcomed the 10 minute walk down to the beach. It is a bit of a hill...but nothing to be concerned about. (Very good shopping on the way!) The restaurants in that area are beautiful, romantic and trendy.

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly. On arrival we were shown personally to our room. There was no waiting for drinks. (There is espresso available in the lounge -I read somewhere that this wasn’t true).

The menu selection was great. Swordfish, lamb, steak, turkey, local fish etc. it was all there.

There are elevators to the lower pool if needed. Never a long wait. Both pools were very clean.

I went to the spa at the lower pool and the staff were so generous they treated me to two ladies for the price of one for an oil massage.

Overall, everyone at the hotel was polite, friendly and quick for service.

Previous negative comments I read prior to going seemed to have been corrected.

Not recommended if you are looking for a wild place to drink and party all night. A great place for couples and a quiet holiday. I'm sure those with children would be happy too.

bit disappointing by Waleez

If you are a light sleeper then this hotel is not for you.The bedroom walls are so thin,you can follow your neighbour's conversations.We knew the names of the children next door within the first five minutes.There is also some building work just recently started and depending where you are it can be quite noisy between 10am and 7pm.We did ask to change rooms and although we couldn't get one until the next day,the reception staff were very helpful.The food we have to say was quite disappointing,we did expect a bit better.There was a large variety of food but it was all very bland.The juices at breakfast were very "watered down" as was the wine at dinner.The coffee only came out of a machine and really was not very nice, although the selection of "free drinks" at the bar was very good especially the local beer. Overall, it is a nicely laid out hotel with two lovely pools,with a courtesy bus running daily down to the beach.If you have a young family, being All inclusive,this could suit you fine with ice cream available all day and cheesy entertainment in the evenings.As for us,we probably will not return to this hotel because of the noisy bedrooms and bland food.

« 1 2 3 »
Stayed at Melia Jardines del Teide? Share your insight.

Map for Melia Jardines del Teide Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 11 miles
Melia Jardines del Teide photos (1 traveller photos)