Paradise Costa Taurito

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Paradise Costa Taurito

1 2 3 »
Costa Taurito gran canaria

"Nice clean friendly hotel.Paid for all inclusive,but was extra for fridge use, tv, and safe. Food was great for the first 3 days then went down hill from then on. Hotel pool is so small there was never enough room to cater for the whole hotel. Free entrance to the water park, but had to pay every day for the sunbeds and parasols. In need of a car or bus ride to get to any shops or night life. Holiday was great for families with children under 12 years old. or pensioners. You could play cards,chess, or pool. NO night entrainment at all! Also some of the photos used to promote this hotel, were of another hotel across the road which you couldn't use! Will not be returning."

• Holiday details: Oct 2012, booked with on the beach
  • Advice: Clean and friendly.
by wcevans144

Great hotel and great resort!

"My partner and I have just returned from a stay at the Paradise Costa Taurito Hotel. We booked with A1 Travel and flew with Ryanair from London Stanstead. We paid approximately £340 each for flights, baggage, taxes etc + all inclusive accomodation + transfers.

After reading some reviews on this website I was terrified about what to expect, but the hotel is fantastic. It really is a 4* hotel, expressively clean, polite well-spoken staff, variety of food and drinks (On that note I would like to add that we were all-inclusive).

The resort itself is small but not quiet/boring; there is PLENTY to do and there are buses frequently going to other larger resorts, for about £1.80 return. As this is a Paradise hotel (as most in the resort are) you get free entry to the aquapark, which boasts a larger pool and a few fun slides for the kids - Drinks and food are included free here if you are all-inclusive, which is great (both non-alcoholic and alcoholic!). Off of the top of my head there's also an amusements arcade, bowling, mini-golf, tennis, squash, a gym, a spa, diving, jet-skiing etc. At night-time, the piano bar (which does have a piano, despite previous reviews!) opens at 6pm and goes on until midnight (although inclusive ends at 11pm). There is also another bar which has night-time outdoor entertainment from around 6pm-11pm which is all inclusive again, then the local disco 'La Bamba' opens from about 10pm until 4am in the morning (which is not all inc but has happy hour deals). The restaurant is busy without being crowded, food is varied and very european (i.e. frankfurters not sausages, but still very nice!), drinks again are provided here such as soft drinks, coffees, hot chocolate, beer and wine. The desserts are very sweet and tasty and there is fresh fruit provided too. There's internet inside the hotel, for a small charge, and the computers are quick and easy to use. Car rental and excursion information is available at the hotel and also in the resort - so you really won't be stuck for something to do!

Our hotel room was great, very very clean and very large. We had a good-sized widescreen flat-screen tv in our room with multiple channels (though only bbc world news in English that we could find). The shower was to die for, it was fantastic. Rooms were cleaned daily, with fresh towels etc. There's a safe inside the large wardrobe and there is also a small fridge to keep water and whatever else you fancy inside. The air con is great. The patios/balcony's are spacious and have nice views. The whole resort including our hotel is decorated with colourful flowers and greenery.

On our last day at the hotel we realised that check-out time was 12 noon, and our transfer wasn't arriving until 3pm. So we asked to check-out later with no problems and paid an extra 15 euros each (30 euros in total) to do so. This allowed us to continue to use all the facilities including the aquapark, food, drinks and our comfy hotel room and showers for that bit longer so it really was worth it!

I hope my somewhat long review covers enough, and is helpful. The hotel really is lovely for all ages, from kids to grandparents. (Quickly again on that note, there are lifts inside the hotel and lifts down to the main resort with ramps and steps everywhere - it is wheelchair and pushchair friendly!) Staff are great, the other hotel users were friendly and mixed european. I would definitely return again and I would recommend this hotel and resort to everyone and anyone. It is a beautiful relaxing yet fun place!

• Holiday details: Nov 2010, All Inclusive, booked with A1 travel
  • Advice: It's relaxing, beautiful and fun for all!
by CocoLondon

We enjoyed It

"We (four adults and two teens) have just returned from staying at the Paradise Costa Taurito Hotel. Having read some reviews before going (But after already booking), we were a bit concerned about what to expect. However we were all more than happy with our holiday. Our only issue would be the lack of an open bar in the evenings. Although the entertainment plaza area (all inclusive) was enjoyable, it would have been nice to have a drink after dinner.

The food was reasonable. The staff were always pleasant. The hotel was spotless.

Maybe not a 4star hotel but not so different from many other so called 4 star places in the area.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Yes
by neil

This is NOT a 4* hotel more like a 2*

"We have been to many 4* hotels but this is the first time that we have been disappointed,the hotel was clean and most of the staff were pleasant but the food/drink and amenities were of 2* standard,the food was not cooked enough and NOT enough choice,the bar area was very small with one member of staff who also helped in the restaurant,so if it was busy you could not get a drink,they ran out of basic drinks( red wine)quite a few times,the entertainment was down in the sort of square that was shared by 3 other hotels(it had a small lido,

bowling alley,childrens rep etc)and although you were AI you had to pay for your drinks,you also had to pay for small bottles of water and although they had pool towels not only did you have to pay a deposit they charged you 2 euros a day(we bought a couple in the shop on the beach )we only went for a week and don't get me wrong we enjoyed,the weather was fantastic and we met some nice people but had we been for 2wks we would have moved hotel,if you are going to the Costa Taurito resort( it is very very quiet )pay a little extra and go to the Taurito Princess this is a lovely hotel as they say you get what you pay for,saying that the Paridise Costa Taurito hotel was not cheap.

• Holiday details: Dec 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Direct Holidays
  • Advice: don't go there,book another hotel
by katrinafb

Value for money

"One of half dozen or so hotels in this resort. No other restaurants, pizzerias etc so I am glad we had booked all inclusive. The food here was of a good standard, well presented and varied each day for dinner. Breakfast provided a hearty choice of cooked ie bacon and eggs, cereals and yogurts or continental. Alcoholic drinks were the usual local beer and spirits (of the paint stripper variety) but again portions were not stingy. The pool bar provides snacks twice a day but only hotdogs or burgers. The pool itself is very small and unheated. There is a small toddlers pool as well. However, if you go AI you can use the pool complex in the nearby playa (a 5 minute walk away). The hotel itself is clean and our room was spacious with two large twin beds and a sofa. Plenty of storage. The bathroom was a bit past its best but cleaned every day to a good standard. Towels are small and thin and you need your own for around the pool as they are expensive to hire. Hotel facilities are sparse and entertainment in October non existent. Again the central playa is the place to go. Nightly entertainment and a bar (half price drinks for AI guests). The beach is at the other end of the playa, ten minutes from the hotel across the pedestrianised playa. This is not a holiday spot for teenagers as there is hardly anything for them, OK for young children and couples. Taxis to other towns are expensive."

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by sea trout

Not so Inclusive

"This was my first attempt at All Inclusive and my first overseas holiday.

The hotel is part of a resort which comprises 3 hotels owned by the same group and another 2 hotels owned by another group. The hotel is behind another hotel and has a restricted view down the valley to the sea, we could see the sea from our balcony. The hotel backs onto the major road running around the island and has regular buses and heavy vehicles going past as well as motorbikes without silencers. I could hardly hear a helicopter fly over due to motorbike noise.

Our all inclusive band allowed access to the canteen during meal times which served a selection of foods in a self service buffet format. Breakfast consisted of a german style meat and cheese selection, an English style egg and bacon section, fresh bread and toast. As well as cereals, fruits and yogurts. Tea and coffee is only available during breakfast.

Lunch is a smaller selection as not many people attend.

Dinner consists of a salad bar, Meat and Fish bar, vegetable and potato bar. And the sweet counter which has ice cream and brightly coloured sweets and cakes. A selection of soft drinks and beer/ wine are available on a sell service basis.

There was always a selection of different foods and this was replenished by the chef as required, there is a hot plate which is used to cook meat and fish during service, but not strictly to order. I am not a fussy eater so tried everything, I only left a few things which were not to my own taste, but the hotel caters to a cross section of the world so others may have liked some of the dishes.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and well maintained throughout. The staff on the whole were helpful and usually polite/ friendly.

The pool bar served drinks and hot snacks which were fine under the all inclusive.

The piano bar served the same drinks but not snacks but seldom had any form of entertainment other than repetitively playing the same CD's

As the rest of the complex is owned by the same company they have set up a bar in the valley with an outside stage, where you can go for the "entertainment" but you need to pay at that bar, they cunningly provide no entertainment in the hotel so you cannot have your all inclusive drinks and entertainment at the same time, this tactic will cost the company in the long run. We made our own entertainment by sampling every item on the drinks menu.

The room was cleaned daily, we were given fresh towels daily as we left the wet ones on the floor. The air conditioning worked and we were given additional bedding on request.

There is a safe inside the room, but you have to pay to get a key to use it, there is a TV in the room but you have to pay to get a remote to use it, not that there were any channels in English. I got to brush up on my German.

Once you have walked around the resort you will be hard pushed to find anything to do for the rest of the week unless you get yourself out by hire car, taxi or bus.

The regular buses to Mogan take 5 minutes and cost 1.20 each way, you can get a glass bottomed ferry from Mogan to Peurto Rico probably cheaper than a taxi and more interesting.

We did an arranged "trip" to Soux City the western town visitor centre, this was disappointing at 55 euros each, we were picked up by coach from Taurito at 1800, got a grand tour of lots of hotels and were dropped for the so called BBQ at 2020. The food was terrible but the entertainment was good, we then had to sit on the same bus from 2340 to 0130 for the return trip. Strongly advise not going on this trip unless you arrange your own transport. The worst part was being dumped in Taurito at 0130 with no access to food or drink whilst starving after the "food" at Soux city.

Considering the price we paid for a full week all inclusive we got our moneys worth, the hotel is nice if in a poor location. I doubt I would return for at least 30 years though.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Nice, Quiet resort, not much to do.
  • Activities: Go to Mogan it is very pretty.
by jonathane1976

No way a 4 star!!

"We have just returned from this hotel and it's by far the worst 4* hotel I've ever stayed in - and I've stayed in 4 others in the Canaries over the past 2 years. The rooms are big and clean but there is no entertainment, no service, the food is plentiful but only warm and not very imaginative, the location is the worst in the bay, there was a building site directly opposite. Absolutely terrible. If you are a couple who want to stay in Taurito go to one of 2 of the 3 Princess hotels - the Suite Princess (the best) or the Mogan Princess."

by chip432

A very pleasant hotel

"We have just returned from a week at the Costa Taurito and found it very clean and smart with very pleasant staff. Rooms were cleaned and fresh towels supplied daily. Food was plentiful and good. The swimming pool was one of the best I have seen in a hotel of this calibre. It is true the hotel lacked entertainment whilst we were there but that didn't bother us, but it may have done had we had children as there was no "kid's Club" in the hotel and I certainly did not see any animation team, although there were some signs put up each day to indicate activities, I didn't see any. Taurito itself is a pleasant "area" to stroll around, with a few shops to browse in but for anything more a taxi or bus to Puerto Rico or Mogan would be necessary.

All in all for a quiet relaxing holiday this hotel was ideal and I would recommend it to anyone wanting nothing more than that.

One other point, I would disagree most bedrooms boast a sea view. They may have done before the large hotel (Lago Taurito, I think) was built!

by BrendaK

That is the smallest hotel in that...

"That is the smallest hotel in that resort. We have been on our AI holiday on July 2008.

Time was gret but last couple days in hotel make our very bed fillings about that place.

first maby good things:

- food was good large choice

- stuff in restaurant and piano bar very good

- animator for kids do exacely same things every day during 14 days. I have seen smal girl crying to mum because she was bored.

no chance to dring coffee or tea to luch or diner in restaurant.

- internet ''just'' 1 euro for 10min. 2 for 20min etc.

- build site oposite to hotel.

bed things:

- room cleaning absolutely rubbish towels was not change every time, even tops covers for bed was just taked off and we have to ask twice for give to as back.

- reception stuff rale dont care about whot you say.

we have compleins about some things and receptionist sead that is nightmare also for them..... NO comments.

- in pools bar drinks was served just from 11am nothing before - bar was closed and same after 5pm.

On last 4 days of our holiday hotal was dedicated to some regignin conference. That people was like animals in zoo.

In restaurant I have seen how adult person eat somthing from public plate and had put rests from mouth to other plate. Their kids by hands tuch everything and have play with ice also by hands and napkins. Stuff have completly no reaction to that.

That was so noisy and if you have been try to take some food on wrong time when that group was on restaurant you need to wait min 20 min.

On the pool kids play groug 25 kids with 2-3 adults was completly ouvertake pool and surrounding area every day.

THAT WAS REALY NIGHTMARE FOR USAND OTHER PEOPLE IN SAME SITUATION LIKE WE.

Be aware of book your holiday there!!!!!!!

MAX 2 star

by PM Kus

I have recently had a weeks holiday...

"I have recently had a weeks holiday at the Cost Taurito hotel which was very pleasant.

I was quite apprehensive about staying at this hotel due to the recent reviews but both my husband and i found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and there was a good choice of food.

There where unfinished buildings opposite the hotel but it did not affect my holiday as these buildings are not being worked on due to the fact that planning permision has not been agreed.

This hotel is ideal for exploring the other resorts. There is a bus stop almost outside of the hotel which offers a bus service to the other reorts every twent minutes.

I also just wanted to inform all those people who read the holiday reviews that it was also my wedding anniversary and on my arrival there was a basket of fruit and a bottle of wine awaiting me in my bedroom which i realy appreciated.

Enjoy your stay at the Cost Taurito Hotel as i have recently done.

by S Foster

i was nervous about going to this...

"i was nervous about going to this hotel after reading the reviews, and it was a bit daunting opening the curtains to the sight of a half built hotel. i found the dining room to be very clean and the food was tasty and plentiful. i then walked around the resort and i was pleasantly suprised on what i saw. i think its a very pleasant and relaxing resort . the taxis and buses are easy and cheap to catch. so you can go exploring by yourself. the entertainment in the hotel is not really up to scratch although, they did try with some dodgy dance shows but, a holiday is what you make it and we walked around the resort and had a few drinks in the other bars.. all in all i found the hotel and its staff very pleasant. the only real problem i think is that they were short staffed both in the restaurant and the bar. wouldnt recommend this hotel for families with youngsters, more a couple or singles hotel"

by J Richards

I really don,t understand what these...

"I really don,t understand what these people are talking about,this hotel was lovely,clean rooms every day,linen changed every day.Food was very nice and hot,lots of choice.I found the staff to be very pleasent,and helpfull.there again,people are polite to you,if you are polite to them!!!!!!! say no more.The pool area was very nice,the pool was excellent,and cleaned daily.As for the shower flooding the bathroom,well just took the shower curtain along the bath,thats what i did,and it worked.The flees and insects must have been on holiday while i was their,i didn,t see any.These people must have taken them with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.overhaul a lovely holiday and a good hotel."

by E.J. Burrows

1 2 3 »

Map for Paradise Costa Taurito Closest airport: Gran Canaria (LPA) 23.7 miles

Paradise Costa Taurito photos (1 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Paradise Costa Taurito
  • by sea trout

" No restaurants but great for scuba diving as there is a diving centre on the beach and jet ski hire "

• by a fellow traveller

" You need to travel to another town for any nightlife other than semi professional activities. "