Club Pedalisa

Gumbet Mah. Osman Nuri Bilgin Cad. Fulya Sok. No:8 Bodrum Merkez, Gumbet, Turkey

Good

Room: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Club Pedalisa

Enter your dates:

1 2 35 »
holiday at pedalisa by Tina W

just got back from pedalisa app 2nd july 2012 had a fantastic 12 day stay ALL the staff are very nice and cant do enough to please you.Had maid service every day very nice clean complex.Cant understand why anyone would complain.NOTHING went missing from my appartment will deffo go back next year....cant wait

money stolen BEWARE by flip

Just returned from the pedilisa August 13th was there for 2 weeks with a party of 9, 3 groups. First time in Turkey and probably last. To start this review off I will say BEWARE money was stolen from from 2 of our party's rooms within 2 days by cleaners YES CLEANERS. Money was taken from locked suitcases with padlocks which had been forced. A total of 120 GBP. Culprits were the couple (CLEANERS)large stout male and female with their 14 year old son on lookout duty. This issue was brought to the attention of the manager who replied that there has never been any problem like that before. Our holiday rep Holidays 4 u was even more unhelpful indicating that if we wanted to get police involved we would have to hire an interpreter. Unbelievably non supportive. Various prices given for air conditioning which started at £9 daily then £ 13 was also quoted, safety depost boxes started at £13 pound which are situated in the front reception (did not look secure) . People are trying to fleece you for as much as they can whilst your there. Apparently Pedilisa under new management again and currently in the process of looking for new buyer. A lot of positves about the place but overshadowed by the money that was stolen. I will never use holidays 4 u again as non interested in helping the customer . So BEWARE watch the cleaners and the various prices given for additional facilities YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, booked with kings travel
  • Advice: beware of thiefs

excellent value and location by pureangel1728

Wasn't expecting a great deal due to price,very surprised,roomy apartment clean maid service everyday,ideal location near to the nightlife but not to near,no fighting for sunbeds maid service everyday.Good size pool and good view.

Best holiday ever!!!!!! by pedalisalover

Booked to go Pedalisa back in Sept 2009 and was pleased with reviews. Just got back after 2 weeks and absolutely loved it! so much so we just booking again to go next year!

there were 8 of us, including my 2 year old, 6 year old and mums in their 60's! something for everyone.

the hotel is beautiful and rooms very clean, great location of a brilliant town of gumbet.

what made our holiday so special was the staff, especially Enrico and the lovely shaun!! ( my son actually cried the day we left as was going to miss him soo much! ) nothing too much trouble and they became like part of our family.

cant reccomend this place enough, would give 11 out of 10!!!

• Holiday details: May 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: great!!!!!!

Amazing by Sophie

Went to Club Pedalisa in 2007 and again last year. Had such a good time and the staff are lovely. We read some things on here about people having money go missing and their apartments being dirty, but nothing happened and our apartment was cleaned at least once a day to a high standard. Sean and Mike are so nice, they're always willing to help out. Bar street is very good, especially The Bar with No Name. We also went to Memories bar alot, have to say Ronaldo's fire show is extremely good. A good restaurant to go to is the Family Door. It is just down the road from Club Pedalisa and the staff there are also lovely. It is quite a quiet restaurant but the food and drinks are always very good. Would definetley recommend going to Club Pedalisa to anybody.

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Yes
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks

wonderful hol by

we have just returned from a week at the pedalisa club and it was fantastic. the stay were extremly friendly and helpful , nothing was too much trouble.the rooms are basic but spacious but have everything you need.you have to pay 40 pounds on arrival for breakages which is normal ,but you get this back when you check out.the rooms were cleaned every other day which was ok.music was played during the day but it was nt loud or offensive as mentened in other reviews. gumbet was only a short walk away and it was a pleasant stroll along the beach front.bar street was rowdy but hey thats what you expect, but the beach side bars were lively with great entertainment. the ladybird had great bands on which we frequented several times.overall could nt fault any part of holliday and will deffinetly stay at these appartments again

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently

Loved it .... by BrightonFreckle

On arrival in the middle of the night the complex does not seem appealing .. but once you go upstairs past reception well worth it. There is a large pool, lots of space, plenty of shade and if not Sean will get you a parasol. Sean and Mike work really hard to make sure their guests are looked after at all times. Room was spacious, clean and modern. We had a great view of the bay from our balcony. Overall the complex is close to the beach and the bars but far enough away if you don't want to be up all night. Outside the complex would recommend the Amigos and Mistral (on the beach) and the Cosmopolitan Steak House ... delicious! Great value all round - even the supermarket at the complex was cheap with fresh bread delivered daily and very friendly staff. Overall was really happy having spent hours reading reviews ....

Brilliant holiday, lovely hotel. by JulieRitchie

I have just returned from Gumbet after staying for 8 days. The pool, food and staff (especially Shaun) were amazing. The service we received from both Shaun and Mike around the pool and in the retaurant, was equal if not better than some of the 5 star hotels we have stayed at over the years.

The rooms were nice but I think that the hotel is starting the look neglected & when it closes over the winter months I think that the owner should arrange for the rooms to be painted and furnishings to be replaced because it would be a shame if this hotel started to receive complaints. The pool is huge and was very relaxing, we never struggled to get the same spot every day, some days I was the only one swimming in the pool-heaven !

For a good evening out( away from the 18-30 bars) visit the Outback Bar in Gumbet, it is a lively bar but much more civilised, we spent most evenings there.

Gumbet has too many restaurants to recommend but the food at the hotel sure beats any food that we get here in the Northwest, just try the sizzling chicken skillet and you will agree !!!

best holiday ever! by nicola_mc_

just returned from pedelisa today 1/9/09 had a ball the room was basic and clean no complaints the pool bars food was great and so was the pool i could get a sunbed anytime of the day and i found it very relaxing with only around 20 people round the pool during the day most with young kids who prefered the pool to the beach the staff sean mikey and the stunning little erkan made our holiday cant do enuf for u and always walked round the pool checking if anyone needed anything and for a chat great with kids dancing with them on the bar and as i had a 3 year old they always took charge of her when i was eating best and most relaxing holiday ever zest had the best breakfast and memories bar had the funniest homemade fire show defo worth going to watch just for the laugh

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: hot and relaxing great fake clothes lol
  • Activities: zest, memories bar, tempo colombia and windy bay

relaxing holiday with a touch of turkish spice by NorthantsYorkie

This complex is very quiet both during the day and evening but is only a 5 minute stroll away from plenty of bars and restaurants. Complex is very clean and the barmen Sean and Mike, plus little Erkan, always have time for their guests and will attempt to solve any problems you may be having, together with playing with your kids and letting the kids push them into the pool, causing great amusement. Would suggest eating here at least once on your hols as the food is very good and the chef's 7 month old daughter is beautiful when she makes an appearance each evening. The only downfall with these apartments is that they ask varying amounts for the air conditioning. I was charged 182 lira for 14 nights after I gasped at the price of 196 lira, however, I am aware that one couple were given it free of charge and in the Thomas Cook Rep Book it states that it is £25 per week, much less than we paid. So I would always query that. You do have to pay a deposit, we paid 100 lira for the apartment. However, this was promptly handed back over when we checked out and this ensured we had some Turkish Lira for our meal that night. Don't bother to hijack the sunbeds as there are plenty of them and asI was there at the height of the season, when there were none left I would simply use the large cushions that are available for your use. Out and about I would go to Amigos for genuine mexican food, there is no hassle from these people and the mood is very romantic, for a cheap night but excellent food I would go to Windy Bay on the front, but make sure you are hungry cos the portions are big. Ali Baba's Karaoke Bar in Gumbet is good fun and you can always get to sing at least one or two of your favourite songs, even my 8 year old sang a few. Would stay away from the shops in Turkey as they rip you off and are very pushy, when you hear "Yes please" you know they are really saying "spend your money in my shop".

Most relaxed holiday ever by Matthew's Gang

Just got back from the Pedalisa and having read the review from Geeyzer do believe he stayed somewhere different then here. The music does not go on at 10am loud, in all the 14 days we stayed there the music was only turned up after about 1pm for a few hours and even then it was not loud. I had commented to my hubby how quiet and peaceful it was around the pool and after going to Marmaris for 7 years I know what I'm talking about. Anyway, back to the truth about the Pedalisa, when we arrived at about 2am it was in darkness and we did not know what to make of it. We were shown to our room by Sean, who immediately asked us our names. The room was basic but very clean and we were overlooking one end of the pool which was lovely, we could also see the sea from our room. We were a little dismayed however when we noted that all the sunbeds had towels on them. However, when we got up at about 8am I simply went and got some large cushions and laid my towel on them so there was no problem. However, someone did complain and everyone was told no towels on beds before 9am unless you were staying with them. One morning the towels were taken off the beds but after that there was no problem whatsoever. I was getting up at about 8.00am each day as I like that part of the day best and I was usually the first one down. I noted that you could still get beds at around 10 or even 11, so there are now no problems at all with beds and if you cant find one, just get a cushion - simples!!! We ate at the Pedalisa twice and both times it was excellent, we also had snacks there throughout the day. The guys at the bar, Sean and Mike, are fantastic guys and Sean in particular kept my son entertained all fortnight. Must also mention Erkan, the little helper, who works 12 hours a day even though he is only 14! The bar at night is very quiet but as most people go out into Gumbet at night anyway, that should not be a problem. The pool area is kept very clean as is the whole complex, including our room which was cleaned every day and we never at any time had any problems with anyone stealing from us even though we did not use a safe. The only oil in the ointment was the cost of the air conditioning. We were asked for 196 lira for the 14 days and when I gasped at this he put it down to 182 lira. I paid it as I needed it but felt I had been ripped off, particularly as it said in the rep's book that it was only £25 per week. Apart from that my husband, son and I had a really enjoyable time at the Pedalisa where everyone is lovely and can't do enough for you. I have many pics and my 8 year old son will have lots of lovely memories of this holiday, especially when he pushed all the bar staff into the pool on our last day. Would recommend this complex to you if you like a quiet holiday but one which is within minutes of the lively resort of Gumbet. The report of Gumbet is very loud and lively with one or two main streets which are good if you like that type of holiday. However, do not do any shopping in Gumbet as the prices there are double what you would pay in Marmaris and they pressurise you so much to buy things that you end up being ripped off. I had 10 minutes in one shop and after being ripped off refused to do any further shopping. Apart from the Pedalisa, I would also recommend you eat at Amigo's (best Mexican restaurant ever), Windy Bay (best value for money food ever) and also go into Bodrum for a Turkish Kebab, to die for and very cheap. Would not recommend Red Dragon, after all the good reviews decided to try it on our last night and found it to be very over priced and tasted like any other chinese food I have in England. Good place for entertainment is Ali Baba's Karaoke Bar, great nights there and not too expensive for drink. Best night out was at the Dream Girls show, you should not miss it.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Hot, quiet during day and lively at night
  • Activities: Dream Girls, Amigos, Windy Bay, Pedalisa

Dont Expect To Chill Out At All by geeyza

If you are looking for a holiday to Chill Out,DO NOT STAY in Pedalisa.They start playing very loud music(only upbeat clubbing stuff)in the pool area at 10AM in the morning,and it goes ALL DAY LONG,they stop playing it around 7.00PM,then quite Latin stuff takes over.

You can hear the music in your room very loudly no problem,no escaping from it at all.They have several cds.so you are forced to memorize all the songs in 2 days,and the speakers around the pool are really [--],Very Loud Club Music All Day Long + Bad Speakers=NOISE POLLUTION + MASSIVE HEADACHE. When they change the Cds that little time makes you feel you are alive again.I really don't understand why they do that at all,the management sucks in that matter.I asked why do they do that,I get no answer,and I was told they cant do nothing about it.So they think people just come to their place to listen to some LOUD music ALL DAY LONG.Really really sucks big time.

The rooms are in good size,and they are kept clean nicely.No missing or stolen thing in our holiday.Yeah,everything else seems ok.

So,if you want to have a Torture of Noise Pollution All Day Long,you might as well stay in Pedalisa,if not DO NOT STAY.

Good Luck

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Gumbet is cool,plenty happening

1 2 35 »

Stayed at Club Pedalisa? Share your insight.

Map for Club Pedalisa Closest airport: Kos (KGS) 24.1 miles

Club Pedalisa photos (2 traveller photos)