Aurach Hotel

Passthurnstrasse 2, Kitzbuhel 6370, Austria

Good

Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Aurach Hotel

Just got back from the hotel Aurach....

"Just got back from the hotel Aurach. It was a lovely hotel just on the outskirts of Kitz, only 10 euros in a taxi so cheaper than UK prices. Family run, Andreas was lovely and did his best to make you feel welcome.

There were 10 people in our party ages ranging from 17 - 70 so I would recommend the hotel and area to anyone, theres something to do for everyone even if your not a skiier.

The hotel was clean and cosy. Lovely open log fire, and gorgeous hot chocolates!!

If you are a beginner skiier/boarder then you have to be lucky with the snow conditions as there aren't many places you can go if there is a lack of it. I am a beginner and went to Kitzbueler Horn as there are 2 beginner slopes, however due to wind and storms it was closed for 2 1/2 days of the holiday and no where else I could go to.

Holiday was still fantastic and I would like to go back in the summer too.

by M Longmore

This was our 3rd visit to Hotel...

"This was our 3rd visit to Hotel Aurach and what a lovely time we had again we are a friendly family who like to mix with other guest and we did so and had a great holiday the evenings was spent by the log fire or in the TV room where we had a lot of laughs with the other guest, the children made friends and enjoyed the games room and could just chill out, and where it is a family run hotel they make you feel like a person and not just a number, we will most certainly be going back for 2009 with our family, we as a family do not ski so when we are not out walking, messing about in the snow etc we spend the rest of the time at the hotel where we feel so relaxed just like home, would recommended this hotel to families."

by D Stanney

Arrived for a week skiing in...

"Arrived for a week skiing in Kitzbuhel. Rooms are small and basic but clean. Breakfast was continental and was fine. The only real problem was having to order your dinner the evening before you were due to have it - there was a choice of 2 dinners. When on holiday, I don't like to have to tie myself to eat anywhere - it should be my choice. If we ordered dinner and then changed our mind and decided to stay in town after skiing, we were made to feel like we were doing the hotel a dis-service, even though they had already received the money for it. The dinner was served at 7.15pm sharp, if you were late you missed it. Crap, considering we had already paid for it.

Apart from that, I won't complain.

by JD DWAINE

What can I say this was our 3rd visit...

"What can I say this was our 3rd visit to Hotel Aurach and for us it just gets better. I have to say that my brothers boots were still there having left them the previous year.

We visited Aurachs wildlife park this year and it was a must to do, plus we did turbo tubing ( not to be missed) that was brilliant fun, the Hotel staff and Andreas the owner were most welcoming as usual.

We enjoyed the walks around the beautiful Aurach and borrowed the Hotels sledges for on route, great fun had with those to and keeping us fit at the same time ( we do not ski)

We spent most of our evenings round the log fire having a good time with the other guests, being a family orientated Hotel its always easy to get on with everyone that stays there, the children enjoyed the new games room and we hardly saw them ( an added bonus) we were able to just chill out and relax.

I am certainly looking forward already to our next visit, as are the rest of my family. So Andreas and staff make sure there are plenty of logs for January 09. Certainly worth a visit is this great Hotel you will love it.

by A Kennard

Family run hotel, dad and son were...

"Family run hotel, dad and son were lovely, they would really go the extra mile for you! Hotel was clean and nice, no complaints at all on that side.

Food side, we went half board, was expecting more really, as everything was traditional Austrian food. therefore as you can expect two 20 yr olds, wasn't that best thing! Therefore we ate out most nights, and eating out over there cost you a bomb! And the bus that's stops just outside the hotel stops very early so we had to get taxis every nite there and back, which weren't cheap. Not much to do either really, on nights we were very board, so hit the casino nearly every nite.

Wouldn't recommend a family to go to Kitzbuhel. Don't get me wrong, the slopes are great, but socially there's nothing else to do. We even took one day off from skiing and headed into the town, BIG MISTAKE, there was about 3 shops.

The hotel isn't in the centre therefore unless you cant be bothered to get the bus or pay for a taxi, don't choose it, you cant walk it- its too far. However if that's not a problem for you then fine. The hotel is nice, and the guys who run it are lovley, they really are. Just the food wasn't the best, too traditional.

I had a great time, however I wouldn't go back to that resort, heading onto Italy this year!

Hotel was 9/10 food in the hotel was 3/10 food in general for that are was 2/10.

by Mr

We went to this Hotel as a family...

"We went to this Hotel as a family firstly Christmas 2005; we were so impressed we went again Christmas 2006 and are already booked for January 2008.

We found the staff to be very helpful and just so friendly, like you had known them years, the food is excellent and a different choice each night, buffet breakfast is great.

The Hotel is situated in a very pleasant area, with fantastic walks right by. a great bakery just a few minutes’ walk away that have some great lunches and mouth watering cakes.

We found all the guests here to get along of an evening sitting by the wonderful open fire; you couldn’t ask for a better accommodation, so much so my brothers left his boots there for when we return.

by  A Kennard

We arrived at the hotel late as the...

"We arrived at the hotel late as the flight was delayed, to be welcomed by a very friendly owner, who after we had unpacked served us a very nice meal.

Found the staff very helpful at all times, open fire alight in the evening, nice after a day in the snow. Found lots to do with the children.

Found Kitz a very pretty place which we walked around, then took a sleigh ride around the town, which took about an hour as it went around the outskirts.

There were trips by coach to various places which were quite expensive but worth doing.

We enjoyed it so much we have had two Christmas’s at hotel Aurach and are going again in January 2008 as there is still lots to see.

by D Stanney

The hotel was fine, staff very...

"The hotel was fine, staff very friendly. Rooms also fine, but the beds were v soft and pillows too high. The room was a bit too warm as well.

Breakfast is a buffet and quite limited selection and the fruit not v fresh. Hot breakfast available if you order and quite cheap. The sauna was great and also sun beds available and a secure area to store your ski's. The hotel is actually 4km out from Kitzbuhel, our operator said it was 2km, there is a skibus that runs quite frequent depending on time of season, taxi to town will cost about 10 to 12 Euro and we didn't have trouble getting them although in high season I could see this being hard.

The walk into town could be done in about 35/40 min and there is a path along side the river which is lovely, lots of joggers. Dinner was ok but limited selection of which you had to pick from the previous night, if you didn't turn up for dinner without telling the staff you kind of felt like you had ruined this guys day, and made to feel guilty. Food in the town is fantastic and reasonably priced, even the fast food was great (except Mcdonalds)

All the fun and après ski seemed to be centered around the English and Irish pubs but there are plenty of other bars, just not as lively. There plenty of ski runs and tonnes of chairlifts, the facilities on the mountains are great and the standards are much higher than other resorts I've been to.

I will highly recommend Kitz, hotel aurach was great, a little bit cheaper than staying in town but in hindsight, next time I will stay in a pension closer to town and eat out each night, it wouldn’t be much more expensive when you balance the amount of money spent on taxi's from Aurach and the inconvenience of having to go back and forth for a poor dinner just because you've already paid for it.

by D Docherty