Clube Humbria

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 6/10
Value: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Clube Humbria

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Are they having a laugh?

"1st impressions always count, this was a poor start.

This 'Block' certainly does not have any 'WoW' factor.

Please don't think I am a typically fussy Brit, my family and I have been on many All Inclusive holidays over the years and I believe you make the best of what you get, I must say I have never been disappointed until we arrived here.

This 'Hotel' was built in 2005 which should make it a modern development should'nt it?

From the entrance doors to the pool area it is very badly designed and I can only imagine the builders and designers did this to upset their paymasters. Now a few goods and bads:

1-Reception dreary with uninterested staff

2-Rooms very large and clean, excellent aircon

3-Main pool very good, kids pool absolutely tiny

4-Pool area edged by stupid hedging, reducing space and blocking views, all grassed area beyond. This would be amazing if they lost the hedges.

5-Pool bar nowhere near the pool, tables only cleaned 1st thing, you can imagine the state of them later in the day. This is also one of only 3 small outside seating areas at night and there is no lighting, please be careful.

6-Main bar no bigger than a good sized telephone kiosk, woefully small and understaffed.

7-Entertainment, none existent, don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed.

8-Restaurant very well managed and excellent food if a little short on choice, really no complaints here.

9- All inclusive option is below standard, plastic/polystyrene cups outside is absolutely correct for obvious reasons, but don't expect to get a cup or glass inside either.

10- Queueing, get used to it, this is a must here.

Summing up, the beach/local bars/shops etc. are fine, especially Pickwicks.

It is a budget hotel certainly no 4 star, 3 at best.

It is ok but badly designed and they really do not know 'how to do it'.

Avoid Albufeira, what a dump! even the Taxi driver wanted to take us straight to the Old Town (which is perfect). Approx 9 Euros to the Old Town in excellent taxis/drivers.

Weather is excellent, very hot.

There are always a lot of suited Managers wandering around doing nothing of an evening, only trying to look intimidating to the overworked staff. perhaps if they stopped paying these they could invest more in the hotel!

Make up your own mind, but don't get too excited.

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by Not your typical Brit abroad!

Great Hotel

"Stayed in the clube Humbria half term week with anther family. We had a great time. We were pleasantly suprised how large the apartments were, they were cleaned every day. The pool area was spot on for our chidren aged 3, 6, 12 and 14. The snacks around the pool were basic but adequate. We found the food in the restaurant excellent for the price we had paid( we have had alot worse and paid more!)The packed lunches which could be pre-ordered were ideal for the children during the day also if they did not want to use the restaurant.We would have liked better entertainment at night rather than the animation team, poor for the older children, ideal for the younger with the disco. Visit the old town at night it is lovely to people watch from the square. The near by beach is also great but the sea is very cold!"

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Travel counsellors
by ziggy

Amazing!!

"I went here a few years ago (3 years) and it was my second abroad holiday, from the flight there to the flight home I couldnt of had a better holiday if I tried!

It was amazing and everything about it was amazing!

The room was clean and tidy, and the room maids came round everyday to clean it.

The food was out of this world! (we went all inclusive), when the food hall was shut then the pool bar was open (where u could get more food) so there was food on tap and drinks on tap.

The entertainment was amazing, altho alot of it was for kids, we never ventured off the complex because it had everything!

• Holiday details: Sep 2008, All Inclusive, booked with First Choice
by miss-gothic

Humbrias poor for four star!

"Not a four star hotel by any standard.Not as clean as was once thought.To few staff not one smile from any of them plenty of men in suits walking about doing nothing.rooms basic,reminded us of a caravan on the east coast.We went for xmas and new year all inclusive,food were cheap cuts of meat chips veg with choice of 1 fish dish,mostly cold.soup for starters and salad with cake,angel delight for desert.Breakfast bread,cheese meats,eggs,bacon,e.t.c.Better seen on M6 services,drinks served in plastic cups[very poor].Entertainment non existant,best bit were the kids pulling down the stage curtain! Signs of festive woe 1 tatty xmas tree,few decorations,1 nativity scene!Gala night on Christmas night,and New years they had the nerve to charge 80 euros for dinner per person,each meal for non residents 20 euros.Plenty of nice eating places close by.Dont go there,Rui Palace Hotel across the road was the same price for b&b+evening meal.we all arrived back in the U.K with illness,vomiting,trots you name it.The sooner the Portugese get there act together on grading hotels the better,i would class this hotel no better than 1 maybe 2 star at best.Good luck if you book this hotel."

• Holiday details: Dec 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Dont bother
by Kaizer

• Call 020 3642 8221
nice hotel shame about the food.......

"we went on a family holiday. 2 adults one child aged 15.. the hotel and rooms and pool area were all good and clean.. the entertainment durin the day was very poor, we went up one day to do the rifle shoot the gun did not work nd was told by other guests this happened b4 so that was that out, the games throughout the day were rubbish unless u were 4yrs old... the food was ok for the 1st couple of nyts then it was jus the same every nyt u got sick of eatn pasTa n fish,, potatoes were none!!!!! jus sick of eatn the same food, cudnt wait to get home for a good ole spud!!!!! entertainment staff were lovly, the bar staff also,, but the reception staff were not at all helpfull n rarely ever smiled... we wud recomend the hotel and the location was lovly but dont go all inclusive as the food is so not good....."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Allambra travel
  • Advice: quiet resort, but beautifull area
by davy, shaz n amber.. carrickfergus

excellent

"We have just returned from a weeks holiday were we stayed at clube humbria. The hotel was great, the food was excellent,and the rooms were very clean, also the staff were pleasant. loved it :)"

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: lovely clean, place.
by clare

lovely hotel

"just returned from a one week holiday at the club humbria, we were a bit concerned after reading some negative reviews but we were not dissapointed at all.

the reception staff were lovely, the rooms are huge spotlessly clean with nice toiletries in the large bathroom.

the garden area is very well kept and is lovely for sun bathing. downsides... some people werereserving sunbeds 24 hours a day!! the had their towels almost tied on and YES they were ENGLISH!!

there was no adult entertainment at all and the resort is very quiet with not a lot to do.

the restaurant was great, very well managed with realy nice food, if only there was a bit of adult entertainmant this hotel would be fantastic but until that is changed we wont return, wich is a great shame.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, booked with easyjet
  • Advice: if you have small children this would be a perfect holiday
by pj

Not as bad as some reviews but NOT a 4 star

"We stayed at the Clube Humbria in the whitsun week - end of May. If you dont have children, or want to get away from children then this is NOT the place for you! This hotel attracts families with children of all ages - babies to teens. Our part has 3 children in it and they were wll catered for in entertainment. We didnt use the miniclub but frequented the nightly 'miniclub disco' every night at 8.30pm. Our kids loved it!

The hotel itself is not in a bad location - shops, supermarket & restaurants are within a 5 minute walk and the beach is a good 10 minute away downhill. The beach is well worth the walk - very safe for children, lovely sand and again, lots of shops, bars & restaurants within easy reach!

The hotel rooms are large but I have to say not kept very clean - maid service every day but after a few minutes walking on the tiles floor, our little girls feet were filthy - luckily I had taken anti bac wipes with me but I was desperate to give the floor a good clean!!

The rooms are well equipped with hair dryer, fridge, crockery & cutlery - no kettle, so it is worth investing in a small travel kettle to take because when a member of our party asked for one at reception, a very surly receptionist said "It is summer! You can have one for 1 day only!!!!" We never did get one......

There are ramps and steps to get to the apartment blocks which are not very buggy friendly or wheelchair friendly...the ramps are VERY steep and then you are faced with more steps down to your apt door!!

No language barrier issues - all staff spoke very good english! But it is considered polite to say 'obrigada' as a thankyou.....

The restaurant is busy - you may have to queue, but not for too long.....the food is not as bad as some reviews state. Each night there is a choice of 1 meat dish, 1 fish dish and always veg, potatoes i.e chips, sautee, mash, boiled etc - the salad bar is of plenty and of variety - there is always soup and bread rools, always a pasta dish and plenty of puds to choose from!

This was the first time we have been all inclusive and found the restaurant to be very 'canteen style' - hence the reason for me saying not a 4 star - we usually go to a Riu or Iberostar and used to waiter service etc, but the Humbria didnt match a typical 4 star hotel.

A major downside to this hotel is the pool area - as mentioned in a few reviews I read before we went, the area is just not large enough for the amount of apartments it offers, there are signs stating that the sunbeds are not to be reserved, but they always are and are cramped around the pool too. We ventured to the pool one day only and had to sit on the grass area - there were no spare sunbeds either on the grass area......we went ot the beach every day after that!!

The poolside snack bar is not up to much either...it offers chips, a few sandwiches and drinks. I asked for a tuna sandwich for my daughter and seconds later, I was given a small roll with what could only be described as a thin layer of paste on it served on a paper plate! We didnt go there again either....

If you are looking for a cheap, all inclusive holiday for kids then yes, this will suit, but if you want a few luxuries, service, excellent quality food and a 4 start hotel, then no.....do not book!

If asked if i would go back, I am sorry but no :(

• Holiday details: May 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Burdett

Excellent hotel

"My family and I (2 adults and 2 children aged 4 and 2) spent a week here at the start of May and I can only priasethe hotel for the work it does. It was an excellent base for our first holiday in Portugal and I would have no problem recommending it again to anyone."

by Happy Customer

Great value for money

"I have just returned from Clube Humbria after a 7 night stay-May 2010.

I went away with my husband and 2 young sons - 2.5 years old and 9 months and I have to say the food for both of them and for us was great, there was something for everyone at all times. If we didn't eat in the main restaurant we had sandwiches or burger and chips from the pool bar.

The white wine was really nice despite being from a pump.

There was entertainment from 1030am and the tiny entertainment team did try their hardest to involve everybody. The mini disco at 2030 every night was fab for the kids and there was a different show every night which I would say is again more for the kids but we laughed every night and the team are so friendly you just want to stay and support them......the sketch show is great in places particularly when their is audience participation and we even went to a reptile show and had a pic done with a snake.

The pool area was great, we spent most of our time by the kids pool which was adequate for the age of my children. We did try and get a lounger by the large pool but this was quite a task.

The apartments were the best that I have stayed in, very spacious and ample room for a family and there was loads of room in the hallway for the pushchairs. It was great to have a kitchen area too even though we were all inclusive.

The local village is very small, we didn't venture far but the beach is about 10 minutes away and is very nice and was never crowded. There is even a Husband Creche nearby, you will have to visit there to see exactly what I am talking about!!!

I would definately consider going there again at the same time of year. Would definately recommend this holiday to families with young children.

Great holiday and really friendly, helpful staff who have great manners and do their best to make your stay enjoyable.

by tt5rox

Perfect for liitle kids

"I took my husb and our 2 daughters (age nearly 4 and nearly 6) for a 5 day break over Easter hols and this hotel was far better than I expected. We arrived about 9pm and the receptionist was most concerned that we leave our luggage so we didn't miss our evening meal as the restaurant was closing soon. I thought that was very considerate.

Our rooms were fabulous! 2 seperate bedrooms and a huge bathroom. It was such a treat after our supposidly 4 start experience in Crete last year which cast twice as much asn we got 1/3rd of the space. It was also very clean. We didn't use the kitchenette, but it would be very useful if you have a baby.

The pools were great. A bit cold for us at this time of year, but the kids loved them. The kids also loved the night entertainment - kids disco followed by the usual cheesy Euro stuff. But if they are happy, so are we, so we went to it every night.

There were plenty of other kids to play with and they all shared their inflatables etc nicely so no bother all round. We didn't try the kids club as our eldest has gone off them due to a bad experience at Eurocamp, but it looked like the others were enjoying themselves. They also do a bingo every afternoon, which I was tempted, but I was reading a good novel!

I liked the comment another person made about the wine. Even though it's from a pump, the red wine is rather nice. And the lager is drinkable too. The kids loved the hot chocolates. Just the thing to warm you up after playing in the unheated pool in April! My husb & I certainly got our all-inclusive's money worth. If you don't want local alcoholic drinks, you have to pay (eg Baileys) which I think is fair enough.

The food was OK. We found something to suit us all. I would have got a bit fed up with it if we were staying longer than 1 week, but there were some bars & restaurants within walking distance that you could go to.

The local beach is lovely & only 5 mins walk. I even bought a dress for myself from one of the boutiques and there are plenty of toys & souviners for sale which won't break the bank.

All-in-all a very enjoyable, relaxing break for us, and the kids were happy so it made it easy for us too! I think teenagers would be a bit bored, and if we were there longer we would have done some trips to other beaches, aqualand and the marine place, but for 5 nights, the hotel pool & local beach just did us fine!

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
by Browngirl

loved it

"The holiday was amasing! the staff was so kind. the rooms was fab. It was good with familys. Loads of appartments. But you need to get down to the pool early 2 get a sunbed, but you need 2 do that everywhere u go. the beach was close. Its nice 2 go down the beach in the evening aswell as the day because u could get an ice-cream with the children and also there was a fishmarket down there with a bbq. i would advise to go to slide&splash it was a fun waterpark 4 all ages. it was a bit windy @ nights. Great entertainment.

Food was lush but if you go 4 2 weeks u get the same food as u got the week before. loads of shops :)

• Holiday details: Aug 2007, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: the sight seeings
  • Activities: slide & splash :D
by ilovholidays

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Map for Clube Humbria Closest airport: Faro (FAO) 13.2 miles
Traveller photo of Clube Humbria Traveller photo of Clube Humbria Traveller photo of Clube Humbria Clube Humbria photos (6 traveller photos)