Maspalomas Lago Bungalows

Avda Tour Operador Kuoni 25, Gran Canaria 38012, Spain
2.5 star

Stayed at Maspalomas Lago Bungalows?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Maspalomas Lago Bungalows

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Well, after having read the last... by D. Chantry

Well, after having read the last review, I had to question as to whether I'd stayed in the right place or not.

Right now, as I write this, it's 15:30pm on Sunday 3rd August, and my partner and I returned from our week at the Maspalomas earlier today, having walked through our front door at 08.00am this morning.

This is my 2nd stay at the Maspalomas Lago, the last one having been over 8 years ago. I couldn't fault it.

It was clean, comfortable, well located, well-equipped and with some of the friendliest and most helpful resort staff I've come across in Gran Canaria, and I've been to Gran Canaria, (mainly in and around Playa del Ingles and Maspalomas) 11 times in total.

Let's start with the cockroaches ....................... we didn't see 1 in the whole week we were there. Maybe that has something to do with the complex's "spraying rota", I don't know. But to us, cockroaches were definitely not a problem.

Next, the heat .................... yes, it's hot. But Gran Canaria is a tad closer to the equator and the north coast of Africa than, say Bournemouth. Air conditioned apartments, unfortunately, come at a premium in this part of the world. We found it quite comfortable to stay in the apartment and sleep comfortably with the windows (which are well secured externally by attractive grilles) open.

The amenities are basic, but they're all you need for a decent self-catering or half-board holiday. They're reasonably well-maintained, and the apartments themselves are very clean.

My next point, the Spanish ...................... Yes, there are noticeably more Spanish people here than maybe you'd find in Blackpool, Margate or Eastbourne. But Gran Canaria is a part of Spain.

Saying "there are alot of Spanish there" is like saying that there are a lot of British people in Devon and Cornwall. And yes, they can be noisy, but that is very much a cultural thing and they like to enjoy their weekends with family get-togethers and parties .................... they know how to have fun and enjoy themselves.

The drinks prices are quite high yes. Six Euro for a gin and tonic works out to about £4.80. Probably what you'd pay for the same drink in a British bar (remember that the measures in Gran Canaria, and Spain in general, are larger than you'd get at home). You can get MUCH cheaper drinks in bars and restaurants away from the main tourist traps if you care to go looking for them.

All in all, I'd sat that the Maspalomas Lago is a fantastic complex. The resort itself is close enough to Playa del Ingles to be lively, yet far enough away (but not too far) to be quiet and peaceful.

Friendly staff (who on the whole speak VERY good English, though they do appreciate it if you at least try to communicate in Spanish, no matter how basic), who are helpful and courteous and knowledgable about the island.

I think I've said enough to praise this complex and it's staff. I'm just looking forward to my next visit to Gran Canaria and, if I can get there, I'll be staying at Maspalomas Lago.

don't do it. i like heat but when we... by N Utteridge

don't do it. i like heat but when we got there about 2 in the morning, it was at least 120 in the room. asked at reception for a fan and told in no certain terms not till the morning. could not open window or doors we had already seen 10 roaches. it did not get any better, woke about 5 in the morning threw heat and there were 4 roaches on my bed 6 on my husbands ouch !! they told us they would be spraying again the following week. mortified is not the words to explain how we felt. the pool was a god send first thing in morning and last thing at night, relief from the heat in doors. you do not want to stay there.

in the second week we stayed at different hotel it cost a fortune but could not sleep or eat threw the heat and roaches in the room so it was worth it really. ps extra cost for fan was 15 euro a week 16.60 e for safe and get this 3 euro a day for tv {only one channel in engish} there were a lot of spanish they were noisey all night. if we could not aford to move i would have said a holiday from hell. you have been warned! there is faro 2 shopping near by, a drink in the bar for a gin and tonce 6 euro each so be carefull xx

Just had 12 days away at the Lago,... by K ROWLEY

Just had 12 days away at the Lago, what a bargain, £265 each : o )

The accomadation is very clean, cooking facitlities are basic, 2 rings in fact, but enough to get by, as we only ate breakfast and lunch. The rooms at night time are very hot, would reccomend that you hire a fan from reception. Also if you require a kettle or toaster, these also have to be hired.

The pool area is really nice with palm trees around it. It has a snack bar that is ok, however the barman could do with a happy pill, talk about miserable!

The apt's are close to a small shopping centre, there are shops, resturants and a few bars there. However you can get a taxi to the much larger Yumbo centre which is huge for around 4 euros.

The weather was mad hot, so all in all we had a brill time and would defo go back again to the Lago.

was dreading holiday after reading... by A CONROY

was dreading holiday after reading comments, but really enjoyed holiday apartments were very clean and no sign of any cockroachs. would defently recommend

fab time at the lago! by frankieHuddersfield

me and my friend stayed here for a nice break of five nights and we had no complaints what so ever got a taxi from airport which cost 30 euros and took about 25 mins arrived at apartments and was around pools straight away no problems with sunbeds loads of them nice and quite complex nice bar and very reasonable prices and snacks and did take away! 3 nice pools apartments nice cleaned everyday when we were there just lacking air con it was scorching when we were there. playa d'ingles was only a 10 min walk away but taxis were only 3 euros must mention the staff at lago they all were lovely polite and very happy and nothing was too much trouble especialy MARTA she was lovely.we had a lovely time and will be defititely going back.

Great relaxing week awa by TheMildorks

We arrived in late faced with an element of dread when the bus pulled into a couple of resorts....thankfully we had nothing to worry about at Maspalomas Lago with quick and efficient check in late at night. Our apartment was in a great spot near the pool, it was clean and basic which is to be expected, but more than enough for the 2 of us with a great little seating area outside overlooking the pool which was perfect for our evening San Migel. We went self catering which worked out well for us as the Faro centre is a 5-10 minute walk to pick up breakfast and lunch essentials. We ate out every night in either Playa Del Ingles (more lively) or Faro Boulevard which is more chilled. A cheap taxi ride to both. The pool area was clean with plenty of sun loungers-the big pool is refreshing to say the least so be prepared! All in all a great week away, we came home rested and relaxed and couldn't have asked for anything more! We would return to Maspalomas Lago.

We were not looking forward to our... by L Morris

We were not looking forward to our stay at the maspalomas lago bungalows after reading reviews of cockroachs and the unpleasant accomadation. But we were so suprised at how nice it was when we got there! The bungalows were very pretty and clean but were basic, the actual complex itself was pretty. There are a variety of nice places to eat out just around the corner at the shopping outlet just 2 mins away, and holiday world entertainment area located nearby. The apartments are in a great location and not to far from the beach, there were lots of activities to do through the tour operator too. Only saw one cockroach outside and we didnt see any "unsophisticated" spanish tourists either. It was reasonally quite for easter! Staff very friendly and helpful to. Would stay in maspalomas again. Only downside to our holiday is that the inside of the apartments are not fully equiped e.g no kettle, grill, toaster and again basic.

My best friend and I stayed in the... by J MARSHALL

My best friend and I stayed in the Lago with my 4yr old and her 6month old baby for 1wk in Feb. We had a fantastic clean/basic apartment just far away enough from the pool for safety! Cot was in room on our arrival etc. Rooms cleaned,fresh linen,towels etc!

Our own terrace and the lovely gardens surrounding our apt meant the kids weren't stuck in the apt all the time(neither were the adults) and we only managed to share the room with 1 cockroach who was trying to come in the terrace door! Add fab weather for Feb and not much to moan about!

Staff friendly and bar food good...and Lago not a million miles away from the nearest shopping centre to buy essentials to cater for ourselves!

Only downside was the kids jacuzzi type pool was baltic, but luckily enough the kids could manage the climatised pool with armbands etc!

All in all we enjoyed the Lago so much I booked a week in Easter for myself,hubby and son! Again can't complain, weather even hotter, staff remembered me & my son and taught him some spanish!......room this time nearer to front of building and noisier, but didn't dampen the thought of staying for another week...unfortuantly no availability!!!! We made so many new friends,german,icelandic and a few from our own shores too!Also enjoyed Holiday World a few minutes down the road...a theme park which suited our 4yr old son ...and not expensive either!!

So we are now saving pennies for a trip in august...Don't go by all the bad reviews you read...you can't please everyone all of the time and I can honestly say the LAGO pleased us....Enjoy!

Maspalomas lago - liked it a lot - would return by GralynEngland

Isn’t it surprising how differently people can view the same location? I guess it’s all about who and what you are; what you’re used to and expect; how much you want to pay; what you want out of a holiday and whether you let a few niggling issues dominate things.

Our objective is to have clean, comfortable, quiet accommodation with good value for money.

We have just returned from 14 days half board at Lago and loved it. If we return to the island we would look to stay here again. We are an empty-nester couple who like simple, quiet things (stunning scenery and local sights rather than pubs and clubs) and value for money.

Lago ticks a lot of the right boxes on the issues that matter. Sure, you can witter on about the bacon being a bit greasy or limited toaster facilities but if that’s your biggest problem then you haven’t had a bad holiday.

We went end February/early March 2008 just after half term to get a better and avoid school holidays.

Good things

1. Lovely bungalow/apartments around a super pool area with lots of flowers and palm trees (OK, so one cockroach which was evicted then no more). Furnishings basic but fine.

2. Location. Although a fair way from the sea, the general area is reasonably pleasant and quiet. We thought this area was nicer than any of the other resorts/areas we saw, especially Del Ingles. If you want noise and activity, we think it’s better to be able to go to it when you want rather than having it in your face all the time.

3. Great having an apartment even though not self-catering (bedroom, lounge, sink, fridge/freezer, terrace).

4. Very quiet site. Even though accommodation was 100% full, you wouldn’t have known it. Pool area never more than 50% occupied, plenty of sun bed availability (no towel battles), pleasant atmosphere.

5. Pretty clean. Cleaned 5 times per week and maids very meticulous.

6. Generally decent, quiet clientele.

7. All staff pleasant and courteous – couldn’t fault any of them.

8. Restaurant/Bar Terrace. Just outside the restaurant overlooking the pool. Great to have or finish breakfast/drinks in the sun overlooking this area.

9. Bar area. Not noisy, especially into late evening.

10. Good value (although depends what you pay and your sense of value).

11. Poolside apartments. We were lucky enough to have one and it’s great.

Niggles (mainly minor and shouldn’t spoil it)

1. Location. It’s a fair way to the sea front -a couple of miles. We had a car all the time and wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. In our view, preferable to the 45 min+ walk along pretty uninteresting residential roads or relying on beach buses.

2. Restaurant/Food. Breakfast varied choice and generally OK. However, evening meal generally very limited and the weakest point for Lagos. Not much choice, pretty basic and dining area can be a bit quiet. Depends on what you look for in food. If eating out and good food is for you, then this isn’t. As half-boarders, it was convenient and avoided effort and cost of traipsing out to find something, but I guess you can go out anyway if you want. Wouldn’t pay to eat evening meal here if not inclusive unless for convenience.

Other points.

1. Read the other entries for nearby Faro 2 centre and Holiday World Amusements (latter very clean and modern – not like the tatty fairgrounds you get in the U.K.)

2. Take a travel kettle with you with adaptor plug to enjoy your morning cuppa!

3. No entertainment and area very quiet in the evenings but, as stated, we’d prefer that and have a decent relax/sleep than in-your-face noise and din which you can go out to anyway.

In Summary

We loved it, were sad to leave and would go again.

Excellent !!!! by Butterfly-fi

Maspalomas Lago is in the nicer quieter more up market part of Maspalomas. The apartment was spacious and very clean the maids clean 5 days a week , we were self catering so there was every thing you need even washing up liquid( kettle and toasters available from reception) we didn’t bother just used a pan on the hob. Our balcony was south facing and over looked the pools and bar/restaurant, because we went in February the large pool was very cold but I did have a swim when the sunbathing got too much!

The reception staff were very helpful, there is a shopping/restaurant centre 5 mins walk away called Faro 2 and it about a 25 min walk into the centre of Maspalomas were you will find a large shopping/restaurant centre as they don’t have streets lined with shops and restaurants so don’t bother looking, taxis are cheap you wouldn’t pay more than 5-6 euro to go anywhere in Maspalomas, you can just wave one down. Food in Maspalomas is all much the same we didn’t eat at the Maspalmos lago restaurant so can’t rate it but the food that was being served looked nice .

The beach is about 40 min walk but Maspalomas Lago have a free bus service three times there in the morning and three times back in the afternoon but don’t forget we did go in Feb so the bus may do more pickups in the summer, failing that taxis are 3-4 euro each way. The beach is lovely and the sand dunes were amazing (be aware there are nudists unless your into that sort of thing!) and to the right of the beach are some nice posh restaurants/shops.

Well I too had 2nd thoughts after... by A Reilly

Well I too had 2nd thoughts after reading some of the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised all connections with Thomsas Cook great although long probably quicker to get cab. Lago rooms were basic but clean and tidy and I did not sight any cockroaches although my partner said he did but I think he imagined them. Rooms cleaned twice a week. Reception staff very friendly and exceptionally helpful - soooo nice. Bar staff again fine and cooked and served drinks together. The food served at the bar was lovely and drinks and food cheap - beer 2 euros - steak and chips 6 euros. I would definately go back their again. Our appartment was also situated on the pool front so we were very happy. Not far from Playa de Inglis if you wanted some mad night life - 3 euros in cab. We were happy to be in the quieter side and meloneres up the road - lovely for the 5 star restaurants. Thats all from me enjoy.

Would recommend this accommendation... by D Nutt

Would recommend this accommendation to anybody. Had a wonderful time, very clean, staff very friendly overall had an enjoyable time.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Stayed at Maspalomas Lago Bungalows? Share your insight.

Map for Maspalomas Lago Bungalows Closest airport: Gran Canaria (LPA) 17.3 miles