Grand Yazici Club Turban

Sirinler Mah. Siteler Mevki, Icmeler, Turkey
4.5 star

Stayed at Grand Yazici Club Turban?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Value: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Grand Yazici Club Turban

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 »
Outstanding family hotel in a... by N Southcoat

Outstanding family hotel in a beautiful location.

The resort nestles in the woods between the foot of a small mountain and the beach on the Bay of Marmaris.

Situated on the outskirts of Marmaris, towards Icmeler, away from the hustle and bustle. Although if it *is* your thing, the Marmaris shops begin within 500 meters, and there is plenty of transport to the local town centres (Icmeler and Marmaris) by Taxi Boat (very nice, £4 per person, from the jetty) Road Taxi (about £5 for up to 4 people, right outside the hotel), and Mini Bus (50p per person - flag them down)

The best way of transferring from the airport to the hotel is by taxi: about £40-£50.

We were very impressed from the moment we arrived. Things got even better from here :)

Throughout our holiday all of the staff were helpful, friendly, and spoke very good English. Service was excellent too, including all drinks and meals.

The facilities are surprisingly good: Each room has 2 bedrooms (1 double, 1 twin) with flat screen TVs and balcony. Maid service is daily, and very professional.

There are numerous pools with the main pool being very large. 2 waterslides are also available. The are 2 bars on the beach, one on the sand itself, and the other in a decked area. You don't need to pack a beach/pool towel - these are provided by the hotel and changed as often as needed. There are plenty of sunbeds in both pool and beach areas.

Jet skis (£20 for 50 mins), pedalos, banana boats and other delights are available on the beach.

A large children’s' area is situated at the back of the hotel with children’s' waterslides, a playing field (3/4 the size of a soccer pitch), sand pit, Wendy house, small pool, climbing frame. The entertainment team were brilliant with the kids - clowns, early evening shows, face painting, games - everything you could want.

Evening entertainment was provided in the on-site amphitheatre. We saw a couple of shows and enjoyed them both although not of West-End quality. The music can be loud, but if you have kids this wont be a problem as the twin rooms (read: your kids bedroom) are located in the rear of your suite.

The lobby is very comfortable and large. Cushioned sofas are in abundance. However, we did find that an additional toilet facility here would have been preferable.

The main restaurant was quite large and airy. You'd need this space for the food alone! The selection is enormous, and in our 2 week stay the buffet selection was never the same twice! The food is of a good quality, and I fail to see how anybody could not make a good meal, different every day, from the huge selection available. Don't expect to see bacon: This is a Muslim country, give them a break! Aside from the main buffet, Italian and freshly cooked selections, served by chef and cooked in front of you, are also available. Chips, Vegetarian and Diabetic options are available too. A microwave is provided to warm baby's milk etc. The waiter service was very good (drinks, plate clearing etc). Wine, coffee, any drink you want is served by waiters.

For desserts, try the egg custard or rice pudding - these are out of this world.

3 main meals are served daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner) but snacks, afternoon tea and 'midnight soup' is also available.

Drinks were varied. All-inclusive drinks include cocktails, beer, wine, brandy, and gin - almost anything you could wish for. Soft drinks and juices for the kids, mixers etc. The local beer is Tuborg (although you could buy other beers in the shop - but - WHY?! And I'm a bitter drinker) Cappachino and a good selection of Lipton teas are on offer. The waiter service here was also very good. Small point, but drinks are served in glasses, not disposable plastic rubbish as in most other all-inclusive resorts.

Bottled water is available at all times: cold or frozen if you desire.

In summary, you will have a great time at the Turban Palace. We did! If we could have stayed an extra week we would have done!

We're going back next year :)

After reading the other reviews I... by  J Warburton

After reading the other reviews I must admit I was dreading the holiday, but rest assured, you WILL enjoy it.

We travelled with a 19 month old who LOVED it, and I was very cautious over the food being 5 months pregnant. Yes, the food is pretty rubbish if you have taste, but you won’t starve, only get tired of it. It is very Turkish and perhaps food we aren't all used to eating. (Especially the puddings - Yuk). That is the worst of it really.

The place is quite beautiful in it's setting, and all very clean. The pools are lovely (one quiet pool, one big pool, a toddler pool and a pool at the end of the water slides) and the beach, although small has spectacular views. Rooms are quite nice, staff very friendly and helpful. With a toddler, we did find the entertainment a bit loud in the evening as it was in an open amphitheatre and thanked our lucky stars the baby was asleep in a back room. Had we wanted to sleep, we would not have been able, so if you are taking kids and have had your social life obliterated, try to get a room that is as far away from the entertainment as poss., otherwise, enjoy!

Other young family tips: -

*monitor didn't seem to work outside of room

*They have milk at the bar for babies to drink

*microwave in baby corner to heat it up

Stuff to take: - Ear plugs (for entertainment), Tea bags (no nice tea or coffee)

Enjoy! It’s not 5 stars and lacks finish, but it’s a holiday, not a hotel inspection!

This hotel and complex was just what... by  J M Davies

This hotel and complex was just what the doctor ordered. The food was excellent: A huge variety and well presented. Meals were always hot, a large selection always available for vegetarians, or for those who were looking to keep on a healthy diet, and plenty of variety for the greedy guts!

Deserts were too good to miss though and all my good intentions to keep to a high fibre diet went by the board when I saw the display of cream cakes, jellies, blancmanges, fruit deserts of all kinds. Oooh! My mouth is dribbling at the memory.

Our small group all 60 plus years, have been to Turkey before and, because of that, had no fears about the attention we would receive from staff everywhere.

As usual they were happy lovely people, would run to get anything for you and although working long hours, managed to give a smile to everyone.

The building work at the main hotel has been completed, but there are still more hotel apartments to complete. However the work on those is not at all evident. And well screened by trees.

Travel agents do suggest that the hotel is not suitable for the infirm.

Perhaps I could explain that beyond the hotel, the large expanding complex is built in tiers on a hill, although the hotel itself is on the flat and would be no problem for access to beach etc.

My suggestion to those people is, book in, but ensure that you have rooms in the hotel itself, and leave the apartments in this tiered complex, for the fit and healthy teens and adults.

The private beach, right off one of the large swimming pools, is of a small shale and sand mix, and entry into the water is shallow. No currents, calm and very clean and safe to swim in.

Pontoons just off the beach are used to dive off, or laze in the sun with your book and bottle of wine.

Little boats take you off to little private coves, or act as water bus to other resorts: In other words this hotel has everything that makes for a wonderful holiday.

Us old wrinklies, are making plans to return to what we think is one of the best all- inclusive hotels we have visited in the last 10 years!

Ok I’ve read the reviews, and I... by  M Wilson

Ok I’ve read the reviews, and I agree with some, but not all. The entrance to the hotel is very impressive! Although after booking in was very disappointed to find we wasn’t in a hotel at all, we were in what I termed as Butlins holiday camp chalets, although the rooms were of excellent standard once inside, even though the first room they gave us was not what we booked and paid for, we told them of our request for separate beds (my daughter and I.) And so they gave us another room with separate beds, separate rooms even within the same room. Well! All this happened on the first night!

Most of the rooms have trees through the roof! And ours kept us awake all night, sounded like a ship on an old film creaking on the rocks, and like chairs sliding across the room, scary! So we complained and was told it was the mechanism in the trees in the roof erh! We got another room, excellent standard. And cleaned to perfection, every day! There are no sea views at this hotel and annexes, but this third room had a glimpse of the sea, its true about the poor offering of food, most of the guests were Turkish and Russian and I feel they were caterer for. The staff I found to be friendly and polite.

Snacks were nuts. I expected more for all inclusive. I saw ice cream once in the week i was there, and the queue was quite long. The first two days I had hard boiled eggs with salami sausage and chili peppers for breakfast, the fried egg and pancake department didn’t open first thing, I have had far superior food in 3 star in Corfu. The milk for cereals at breakfast was lukewarm! As was the water in all the hotel. Oh and yes the only thing i thought was plentiful was chips. I was sick of eating them, but they was a filler. Such a shame about food. Because that’s what you go all inclusive for.

Night life boring in this place after 11 o clock when the hotel entertainment finishes. Hope sincerely if you go here things are better for you.

WOW! Just Wonderful by merylanne

To say I was worried about going to Turkey, ie; Marmaris area's, was an understatement!

However I can say that I was very pleased that the area was well protected but unobtrusively, well done turkish police. I thought I may have been hoiday-ing in an open air prison! No, it was great.

We stayed at the wonderful Turban Palace, I cannot express what a beautiful relaxed comfortable spotless and friendly Hotel this is.......I have one complaint and that is the entertainment lets it down, not by the in-house entertainers, but by the chosen type of entertainment on offer and maybe the not too comfortable open air theatre.

I dont know where to start to explain the amazingly , cant do enough for you attitude, and the amenities, deep lusious matresses on the sunbeds, clean fresh beach towels every day(for a small refundable deposit at end of stay) clean bed linen and towels every day. Bedding and towels arranged in pretty patterns on the bed with fresh roses around them!!!

the setting of the grounds (need to mention a point about this....) unless in the main hotel block, the small groups of apartments are staggered around a pine forrest setting, but close to main areas, just a bit of a climb if you happen to be at the back part.

We were in such a place, but went to reception and explained my wife has walking difficulties and were changed to an even more fantastic 2 bed 2 bath suit, again flat screen tv's on walls in both rooms. No fuss, a quick and easy change with porters collecting our cases while we had a drink. Beautiful grounds though with huge pool and plenty of beds, a short stroll to the private beach, more luxurious s/beds, decking with huge bean bags, more decking out over the sea, ( strong and wide) views of the mountains across the bay...........So so so lovely.

Food, well plenty of it plenty of variation, not too much british type food, but much better than some 5 star ratings I have been to in the past. A little point here, no snacks available in between meals, fine by me, but some people ( mainly Brits, didn't like that)

The Thomson rep, Aly, was a gentleman, and very helpful and most importantly VERY Reliable, treated us like special people, very nice, and no other reason than we were there! what a refreshing change, never ever have I been able to praise the reps before, sorry but it's true.

Please go to Turban Palace, or you might find this GEM will be a Thomson Platinum Hotel next year 07/08.........

Will go back, can't wait.

Not too fussed on the surrounding area's, but didn't much want to leave hotel anyway, but if you 'do' a show, go to the Talk of the Town comedy show, such a hugely funny production, and I defy you not to enjoy it........thanks for reading, sorry to go on a bit, but when you go you'll understand why!!! Happy Hols Guys and Galls...............................................

PS, one thing, the toilets covering the whole of the complex were a bit inadequate, only 2 at opposite ends of complex and a long way to either from the most used area's, may seem a silly grumble, but was anoying, especially when at the pool bar in the evening!!! thta's all.....byeee

a lovely, relaxing environment by alison35

My husband, mother-in-law and I have just returned from the Turban Palace hotel. We found it to be a very nice and relaxing hotel. The staff were extremely polite and very hard-working, and the hotel itself was spotlessly clean. Although it had been advertised to be situated in Icmeler, the location was more towards Marmaris. You can walk into the centre by 10 minutes. The food was superb and the entertainment was pretty good- i have seen a lot worse. There is plenty to do at the hotel, including free use of the sauna and Turkish baths. The beach was practically on the door step and the beach bar at night time was so idyllic- just to chill out to ambient music. We will definately be returning to the Turban Palace hotel in the near future

Turban Palace - Good but not 5 star by MichaelJones

Just returned from a weeks stay. My partner and I had a lovely room and my daughter and mother in law had a room which consisted of 2 bathrooms and had there own room each! The location was not the best, near the road and you could hear the cockeral from the house opposite early each morning but eh it was a good wake up call. Rooms were impressive although there was a lack of storage space. Cleaned daily and new towels daily.

The food was a little disapponting and overall I would say it is not a 5 star hotel. Everything is very clean and tidy as you would expect with a new build. There are plans to extend the dining room and a few more touches for next season.

The entertainment was ok, the staff very friendly and helpful. I would not not like to be there when it is at full capacity as I do not feel they have the space to cater for a full hotel.

We got back from Turban Palace 4... by C Anderson

We got back from Turban Palace 4 (September 19th) days ago.

The hotel itself looks lovely & has potential to be 5* but the food & staff let it down by:

- You don’t get shown to a table, its more of a find one yourself & hope its clean, also you will be lucky if it has cutlery & you also have to get your own drinks, which in my opinion is not 5* service.

- English people are the minority at this hotel & it is extremely difficult to communicate with the staff (apart from entertainers) as the majority of them do not speak English or at least they pretend they don’t & then just walk off. The staff were not friendly happy to help & make your stay enjoyable sort of staff in anyway at all. It was only on the last day after 12 days that when sat in the bar a waiter asked us if he would like him to fetch our drinks, I wonder why???

- The food choice was very poor especially for the English & also very repetitive. The salad was left out for flies etc to land on & we couldn’t help but notice the left over meats and food from the previous night would be in the next day’s salads. At breakfast there was no butter but at lunch there was & if you tried asking for it nobody understood & would just walk off. There were no fresh fruit juices, jam, or anything else to have with toast, no beans. It was omelette & fried egg & then just cheeses with olives etc & it was exactly the same every morning! Breakfast was the worst meal.

- We also never saw our rep once!! There were a few notes saying he was unable to make his time slots due to other appointments.

On a lighter note, the hotel isn’t finished but this wont effect your stay. The jetties on the beach are lovely & the entertainers & the entertainment is quite good. There is a good beach bar as well with comfy cushions and nice atmosphere. The age range in our group is from 16 – 46 and we are really not picky people but have all stayed at various 3, 4 & 5* hotels all over the world, this hotel is clean & pretty but its not 5* but I have to say it is good for a Turkey hotel.

Club turban what a rip off! Official... by P D Off

Club turban what a rip off! Official rating should be 3 maybe 4 stars I’ve had better service in a 3star bed and breakfast in Marmaris. The food is no good for English people it caters for Turkish Dutch or Russians, out of one week my kids ate only chips, plenty teething problems here I think they better quickly look at them or lose a lot of custom! Marks out of ten 5

On arrival at The Club Turban Palace,... by N Methven

On arrival at The Club Turban Palace, my partner and I were surprised to find that the hotel was actually situated in Marmaris and not Icmeler as we were advised by our Tour Operator. The hotel entrance was lovely and very clean and our room was lovely, really pleased with the accommodation overall, and the location of where we were situated.

The pool was a great size, there was also a relaxing pool, and the private beach area was wonderful and peaceful. The rooms were cleaned daily, with fresh towels every day. Staff were pleasant, although very short staffed at pool bar, and beach bars.

We were very disappointed with the food, as we were All Inclusive, there was not a lot of vegetarian meals, it was mostly Turkish Cuisine. It was disgusting overall. We had to eat out most nights of our holiday. If you have good taste in food, you will not enjoy the food at Turban Palace. The food area does also look like a School Canteen area. You could not get a cold bottle of water, always warm. I did not find a good selection of drinks in the evening, there was only one type of beer Tuborg, and it was £8.00 for an imported drink! We did not drink in the hotel, to be honest going All Inclusive was a waste of time for us. The brochure states ice-cream included all day - free of charge, this is un-true.

I have lived and worked in Turkey, in the travel industry and I can assure you, the Club Turban Palace is not a 5* Hotel. We also spoke to a lot of other British guests, who were all disappointed, not only us. It did not spoil our holiday, as we had a great time, however we would not return back to the Turban Palace.

This is a review from a teenager’s... by J Hammond

This is a review from a teenager’s point of view:

Well first of all, I will get the moaning done. Turban Palace shouldn't be classed as a 5* hotel, as the cleaning facilities weren’t great, I didn't have my bathroom floor cleaned the whole time I was there! The food isn't great, as I'm vegetarian, I found myself eating pasta every night. And if you're expecting a full English brekky- be aware, you won't get one!! I found myself eating pancakes the whole time I was there! Plus many people did get stomach upsets like my dad, so be aware of that also.

Apart from that the rest of it was great. The entertainment is ok, although they have the same animation programme every day, so could get boring. Also they hassle you to do their activities, so don't go if you’re looking for peace and quiet by the pool!! Iso is one of the best entertainers there, and he is very friendly and funny. I got to be really good friends with him, even though he did hassle you to do water gym a lot!

The rest of the animation team are ok, the night shows are average for that sort of hotel (i.e dance shows and sketches). If that isn't your thing then you can go to Marmaris or Icmeler, although you got hassled A LOT to go in their bar, shop etc

As a female, I got chatted up a lot by the staff there. I got asked out on a date several times. But some of the bar staff are really friendly and funny (some of them were really FIT!).

The pool was nice, not good for short people like myself as you can't stand up! The beach isn't good, as it’s weedy and there isn't much sand, so I would advice to go down to a bigger beach.

There is a LOVELY spa there. Very relaxing. I went in the Turkish bath and sauna several times for free.

The only reason why I would go to Turban Palace again is to see the staff there I made friends with again. It was an average holiday. If you've booked it, hope you have fun!

Have just returned from a 7 day stay... by  F Gillespie

Have just returned from a 7 day stay at the Turban Palace and it was wonderful. We arrived on the day the first bomb had gone off and was a bit wary but there was no trouble at all.

The rooms were spotless and cleaned with fresh towels every day. There was a plasma TV on wall with 40 channels although only a few were English speaking. But who goes on holiday to watch TV anyway??

The food was varied and anyone who did not like the food obviously does not appreciate food - I have never seen so much choice and managed to put on 6lbs in the week. Only downside was the midnight soup - think it was all the veg left over from dinner made into soup - only tried that once, but should not be eating at that time anyway. Tried all the cocktails on the menu plus waitress made up some for me - staff were so helpful and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for them.

The activities during the day and in the evening were non-stop and great if you have kids with you (which we didn’t), there was always something for them to do, also an aqua park for them, which adults enjoyed as well.

Managed to squeeze in a full body massage, which was divine and could have had one every day. Not too expensive, about same as UK or a bit cheaper.

Sunbathed at both pool and private beach, bit quieter at beach. We went to beach bar most nights with the big cushions it was very relaxing, bit difficult to get up after a few cocktails!!

All in all had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to go back and recommend to anyone.

« 1 2 3 4 »
Stayed at Grand Yazici Club Turban? Share your insight.

Map for Grand Yazici Club Turban Closest airport: Rhodes Diagoras (RHO) 30.5 miles