Varol Hotel

Cumhuriyet Mah. Osman Gazi Cad, Icmeler, Turkey
hotel photo

Good

girlie holiday by fafta

i stayed in the varol for 2 weeks in september 2011 the room was very spacious and clean ,the staff very friendly and i would definitely stay there again and recommend it to my friends

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently

never again ,disgusting by laineylovescats

Due to Goldtrail's collapse we had to find a replacement holiday and the Varol looked a good option, boy were we wrong. The place was filthy, when we arrived there was cigarette ash and ring pulls on the stairs and the same stuff was there when we left a week later. The room wasn't much better, it was thick with dust the shower curtian was covered in mould and the shower head sent water everywhere but where it was needed. If you didn't get a shower before 6pm you had no hot water, a number of guests commented on this. Breakfast was served in the resturant next door, it was a joke, the food was brought to you, it consisted of 5 half slices of tomatoe, 5 slices of cucumber, 6 olives a small piece of cheese, bread butter and jam,1 cup of tea if you wanted another you had to pay.The resturant staff were more interested in serving the people going on their boat trip.Pool is in total shade by 1.30pm, all in all a total waste of money, and this was not the cheapest holiday we have had. £10 for safety deposit box and £25 for aircon for 1 week also not good value. many times the reception was unmanned and any one could have walked in a picked up a room key and gain access to your room.this hotel was used by young Turkish lads and their holiday conquests, never again.

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Love Icmeler it's heaven on earth, Varol Hotel is hell

June/July 2010 by icmelerqueen

Stayed at Varol for 2 weeks at end of June/beginning of July. Can't complain...bed linen and towels changed every 2 days but maid comes in everyday. Fridge and tv in rooms. Air con £35 for 2 weeks though we didnt use it. Pool is a good size for the number of rooms and plenty of sunbeds to go round. Can't comment on breakfast as we never managed to get up early enough after partying all night :P Central to everything being on the main road. 5 mins to the beach, quicker if you know the shortcuts. Would definately stay here again.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Breakfast Included, Booked Independently

I have been coming to Turkey for many... by L Haigh

I have been coming to Turkey for many years and after finding the Varol have only ever stayed there.

It is basic but covers all your needs everything is within walking distance.

I have a 5 year old who loves going to visit Tommy as he has become a family friend.

The rooms are always clean and tidy and all the staff are plesant and can not do enough to cater your every need.

I find that although the hotel is only BB it is a great idea to have a fridge in each room to enable you to have your own drinks etc without having to go to the bar (something the larger hotels should think of)

Cant wait till this year :o)

Me my partner and two children aged... by K Griffin

Me my partner and two children aged five and six ,

Went on our first holiday to turkey in august 2005 and we have already booked up to go back !!!

We stayed at the Varol hotel , when we got there from the airport at about 12:30 in the morning the owners made us feel very welcome and showed us straight to our rooms. The youngest son in the family business is called " Tommy " he does most of the day to day work at the hotel.

One thing we could not get over is just how friendly every one out there is , the waiters just cannot do enough for you ...... Some people might think they are too pushy but its their job, they only get paid on commission so its in their interests to get you in to eat , never are they rude though and when you get to know them you can laugh and joke as you walk by.

The hotel itself is one of the first hotels built in Icmeler so it is quiet old but the rooms were plenty spacious enough for us ....after all we only slept in them ! We had a lovely lady who came in every second day to clean the rooms.

Overall the hotel was clean , with polite waiters, and very helpful owners, its not five star but we knew that before going but it is exactly what we wanted ..somewhere to put our heads down after a great day out sun bathing, sightseeing etc. I could go into detail about the holiday itself but I wont, all i’ll say is we have booked the same hotel and same destination again this coming summer I think that says it all.

I can't fault the Varol Hotel, yes... by K Russell

I can't fault the Varol Hotel, yes its very basic with just room, shower and telephone but the service was excellent, the rooms where cleaned every day and the beds where cleaned 3 times a week.

The breakfast was free if you wanted a Turkish one or something like toast and coffee, and to have a full English was a couple of pounds, how can you complain for that sort of money? The owner Tommy and his staff were very welcoming and couldn't do enough for us, as well as being pleasant, they were great fun and brilliant with the kids. The food in the restaurant was great and cheap and they had good entertainment.

The varol hotel is just a very short stroll to the beach and has the supermarket and bank a couple of minutes walk away, as with the weekly market that’s 5 minutes walk away. There is a large number of bars and restaurants to choose from and everyone is friendly. You can also change your money at the hotel with an excellent exchange rate and they have safes for you to keep all your valuables in.

I have to say that the only thing missing in the varol is a mini fridge to keep your drinks cool. But that didn't stop me from going back a month later and I will certainly be going back again this year.

I really enjoyed Icmeler it is a... by tarnlass

I really enjoyed Icmeler it is a fantastic town with fantastic people...I met alot of Turkish friends as well as English. I would definitely recommend the oasis bar if anyone is going to Icmeler soon it is owned by Tina from Manchester and is run with the help of her son and daughter and friendly English and Turkish staff.

Wonder boys is also a very good bar to visit very lively with lots of dancing....for a fantastic meal visit the old famous kitchen or if you want something after the night club go to soup kitchen...resident night club Eastenders is fantastic playing both English and Turkish music....for a more lively night go into Marmaris to long beach...very good bars.

For the best clothes with very good prices visit Metropol...a friend if mine owns it and the clothes are fantastic and very fashionable...now as for the hotel Varol...I did not rate this at all...the room wasn’t cleaned often enough...if you get b&b its only Turkish breakfast which is free not English and this is not stated in the brochure...the staff in the restaurant are not helpful at all...

I wouldn’t recommend the Varol....oh yeah and definitely try a Turkish bath and if you want a boat trip go into Marmaris on 'the rising sun'...a fantastic trip...well that’s all I have to say on Icmeler and I will be re-visiting next month but it will be for the whole 6 month season which just goes to show how good it is.

Hope to see more people out there next year...if anyone does visit oasis bar tell them Jo and Carly from Barnsley recommended it ....have a nice trip Jo & Carly.

Read more reviews of Varol Hotel at TripAdvisor

Stayed at Varol Hotel? Share your insight.

Map for Varol Hotel Closest airport: Istanbul Sabiha Gocken International (SAW) 3.4 miles