Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Good for families travelling with kids. by amrselim

Jolie Ville Golf Resort in Sharm El Sheikh (Maritim), is highly recommended for families on holidays with children.

Location:

The hotel is quite close to Sharm El Sheikh airport but a bit far from town or the famous Naama

bay ( They offer a free shuttle bus to Naama bay 3 or 4 times a day, but

it is usually fully booked on first come first serve basis)

Facility:

Excellent and well maintained everywhere, spacious rooms, nice pools with plenty of shade, beautiful gardens and clean beach ( not suitable for children below 10, or those who can't swim)

Rooms Tip: If u have a baby with a stroller try getting a room on the second floor at the Royal Wing as the lifts do not go to the first floor of the main hotel building. You may want to try the royal club wing (ground floor) at a higher rate.

Service:

The overall service was good, they have Friendly & courteous staff, especially the recreation team.

There are many planned outdoor activities during the day for kids and adults too , nannies and doctor

services are also available on call and there are a couple of supervised games & video rooms for the kids.

Food: We mainly ate at the hotel although food at the hotel is not that tasty (with the exception of the Chinese /Japanese restaurant) all the food and beverage outlets are ridiculously expensive (no matter in which currency you calculate it.)

It is a damn good idea to get a full board or an all inclusive rate,before u get there, (a can of Pepsi would cost you 4 US dollars, and for a family of 2 adults and one child you would spend between 140 and 200 US Dollars per day for lunch and dinner only (No Beverages included!)

To give you an example: The Breakfast's Egyptian dish of "foul" (Beans) was tasteless, the French toast was a disaster with the wrong soggy texture, bad presentation and an oily taste, at the lunch buffet the beef was undercooked and Rubbery, the dinner pizza we ordered looked good but did not taste anything like pizza it was rather a large round piece of bread with scattered vegetables and meat on top of it, we were wondering if the hotel chefs are real chefs who have had proper culinary training and experience to work in a 5 stars hotel , or just seasonal staff gathered from small local restaurants and towns around Egypt.

There were plenty of annoying flies at all outlets that ruined the experience at all restaurants as you need to use one hand for eating and the other to deter the flies ,there are no "air curtains" installed at any door or outlet to keep insects away!

We were told that the hotel has a contract with a pest control company, I guess they need to do more work there, luckily you do not see many flies out of the food areas at the pool or the beach ,and there were no mosquitoes.

I would give the hotel an overall 7 out 10 , if they manage to fix the food and the flies issues they deserve 9 out of 10, but one thing I am sure of is that we will definitely go back again.

Amr.

• Holiday details: Dec 2008, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently

Extremely relaxing! by daandhk

Hei,

we have just come back from 1 week stay at Maritim Jolie Ville Golf. We were six adults and all booked rooms in the Royal Wing. We were NOT disappointed! Hotel has spacious territory which is very carefully looked after, several swimming pools, children club, plentiful of sunbeds, nice restaurants (our favourite was the Chinese one - Mandarine). Staff is very welcoming and helpful, but not annoying. Though some might complain there is no direct beach, but rather several pontons (jetties as they called them) leading to the sea, but we found it more exciting. I can also recommend a massage at the hotel. The Thai lady working there was very professional.

If to inspect the hotel with the spyglass, one can say that yes, you can find a crack or two in the bathroom, yes, the gym could be bigger and the health centre should be a more high class for a 5 star hotel, but it did not bother us in the least. One of our friends had a birthday during the stay, so he could a late checkout for free plus a huge nice cake with a candle! Taxis are always available on the territory and the consierge can help out with the rest.

Barman would bother to remember your drink preferences and spa personnel would make sure to enquire how you enjoyed your visit.

I would recommend this hotel to people who need a very relaxing vacation, far from buzz of arabic cities and bothered by the fact that all typical Egyptian excursion destinations are far away. We only took a sailing one day trip, which was a very nice event for swimmers and snorklers.

I would definitely return to this hotel to enjoy a sunny break from grey winter days home.

Daria

• Holiday details: Dec 2008, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently

Very nice hotel about 7km from Naama... by L Jones

Very nice hotel about 7km from Naama Bay. Free shuttle bus to Naama bay but not after 6pm until 10.30pm. Hotel taxi will cost you 65LE one way but you can wait outside the hotel and get one cheaper.

Hotel staff excellent, helpful and friendly. Accommodation - rooms comfortable and clean but tea & coffee not replenished once. Pools clean and very quiet, plenty of sunbeds with cold flannels distributed at frequent intervals.

If you have kids they have a good childrens pool and daily games programme.

The breakfast was fine but the buffet themed nights were expensive at 420LE for a BBQ night per person and others at 210LE per person.

Drinks were way overpriced with a draught beer at 50LE and a bottle at 36LE each! No beach to speak of but a nice reef if you like to snorkel, although it is a long trek from the hotel grounds. No happy hours around the pool but the main gentlemans' bar had 2 happy hours with cocktails reduced to a more reasonable 30LE at these times.

Had a very nice hotel but would not choose this hotel unless wanting a golf holiday.

5* Hotel not for the lively by ljcoolk

Myself and the boyfriend stayed in the Jolie Golf for a week. upon arrival we were very impressed with the decor and even more impressed with the staff. We had read previous reviews on trip advisor so asked when checking in if we could be upgraded to the royal wing. this was done free of charge.

The Royal Wing apartments were like miniature villa's, great space, huge beds (like 2 king size beds stuck together) double sinks in the bathroom, marble floors throughout, mini bar topped up every second day.

My only qualm about this hotel is at night it is very quiet, we arrived the night of the champions league final and there were 2 other couples in the Ascot Bar for the night, there is a lovely nightclub onsite la luna but no one is ever in it, we ventured into n'ama bay for the nightlife.

Overall I was very impressed with the hotel, but for couples in there 20's I think staying in the Maritim Casino resort in N'ama bay is a better option within walking distance to everything.

Beware of ordering drinks with ice or eating salads as the water in Egypt is not up to European levels.

Excellent 5* Hotel well worth it's 5* by DevonVonny

I have today returned from the Jolie Ville Golf hotel. I must say this hotel is very worthy of a 5* complex. From the size, decor and cleanliness of the room to the friendliness of the staff who cannot do enough for you to the first class cuisine. My husband and I, with the exception of the first night when we regretfully went into Naama Bay stayed on the hotel complex. If we had known before we left we would have booked half board as the food is excellent. If you do book half board you can use one of the other restaurants on the complex and you receive £80 EGY (approx £8) towards a meal elsewhere. We also upgraded to a room with a sea view (approx £13 sterling p.n.) which was well worth it. The rooms overlooking the courtyard are bland and you cannot sit on your balcony without looking into someone elses room across the courtyard. We also looked at up-grading to the Royal Suite but that to us wasn't really worth the extra you get a bath but not much of a view! and we were also still able to use the pool in the Royal Wing. The snorkelling of the reef via the jetties was excellent, we saw many species of fish of all sizes incluing a blue spotted ray and a scorpion fish (must admit was off when I saw that!!!) and the wooden structure getting you there was incredible the architecture was amazing! I would stress however that it is not ideal for people who have problems walking. Please if you have booked this hotel you will not be disappointed. Visit the Lebanese restaurant if you like this type of food. I must confess we were terribly spoilt as due to the European Football Cup the hotel was fairly empty and we had our own chef and waiter in the Lebanese. I would recommend, therefore, to go out of season or when there is a football event on.

Total Relaxtion by JackieO_8

Stayed for 1 week in the Maritim Jolie Ville in May 2008.

I had done a lot of research on the hotels available in Sharm and had picked this one based on its Tripadvisor rating and on the excellent value offered by the travel agent.

We were not disappointed. Some of the reviews I had read were quite negative of various aspects of the hotel. I really cannot understand this as we found very little to complain about here. The standard of service in every part of the hotel was amazing. The food was surprisingly good - and I am a very fussy eater.

The pools and beach were fabulous. Although we only went down there once and when I went for a swim there seemed to be very strong currents and I was carried quite far, quite quickly so I got a bit of a shock but wasn't too worried as there was a lifeguard close by monitoring everyone in the water. The snorkelling here was amazing and well worth investing in the gear. I would advise everyone to try it.

When we arrived we were put into a standard room - which was fine but overlooking one of those enclosed court yards. It was fine. A very large room with a large bathroom and massive walk in shower. However, I had my heart set on upgrading to the Royal Wing from all the other reviews I had read. We went for a walk as soon as our bags arrived and we got them to show us one of the royal wing rooms which are really like little villa's with your own entrance opening onto the royal wing pool. This was my favourite part of the resort and so we went for the upgrade. It costs US$40 per night extra. They gave us a discount of 25% - probably because it was low season. Anyway, worked out at US$30 per night which was roughly €20. Definately worth the little bit extra which is not even that much between 2 people. The tour operator was looking for €250 extra for this upgrade (for 7 nights) if I had booked in advance so we saved about €110 by doing it when we got there.

The shop in the hotel was very useful and not too expensive. Used it to buy Mosquito spray (Off) - which seemed much better than the jungle juice I had brought with me (and not as sticky). If you are prone to mosquito bites - there are loads in Egypt so you need to be really careful as you will get badly bitten. If you do get bites, there is a brilliant Egyptian bite cream which I got in the pharmacy in Naama bad (its in a yellow/gold coloured tube) and is fantastic if you put it on the bites as soon as you see them coming up.

Naama bay is lively. Loads of people around and just a typical strip like most holiday resorts. We found that people didn't hassle you as much on the 2 main strips as they do on the little side streets, purely becuase there are more people to choose from. Having said that they weren't as bad as I was expecting at all.

I wouldn't have gone half-board as I would never want to eat in the hotel every single night. However, we did eat there 3 of the 7 night we were there. We also had lunch there every day and breakfast, so managed to try all the restaurants. There were all lovely I have to say, couldn't fault any of them. In particular, loved the Chinese and the Jolie Bistro - all the pool bars were good for lunch.

At the royal wing pool they would bring out ice cold face towels during the day and would come round and take drinks/food orders. We usually ordered bottles of water which came in a huge bucket of ice so wouldn't be warm in 5 mins.

We didn't have children with us but this resort looked to be great place to take kids and there was plenty of room for them to play without taking over the whole place. Loads of features in the pools, slides and stuff.

The only thing that wasn't fantastic was the night time entertainment. There was a couple of singers one night on the main restaurant outdoor stage - and that was all we saw, but we weren't there every night. The whole resort got very, very quite there at night time. From May-Aug is quiet season apparently so the hotel wasn't very busy anyway, but nothing much happening at night at all. We walked through the night-club one night and there was only one person in it (although there could have been another in the toilet!). Apart from that we went to the Ascot bar a couple of times and went to the Shisha cafe a good few evening for a drink on the way back from the pool/beach. So, if you want night-life, go to Naama Bay.

Apart from that there is no need to leave the hotel.

This is a fabulous place to relax. Staff are so friendly and helpful and I really couldn't fault the place at all.

Just perfect by Jameos

We spent 6 glorious days in Sharm at the JV Golf from 8th May. The hotel is fab but we expected this from brief visits last year when staying at the sister hotel the JV Casino. Rooms are large, bright & airy with stocked mini bar (word of warning – we thought we'd borrow & replace some drinks but cleaner got there first & charged us, so wasn't such a good idea). We had courtyard view rooms with balcony, had wondered about changing but after 1st night decided that although view wasn't brill, it was nice & peaceful so stayed put. We had arranged transfers from the airport via hotel shuttle which cost 150 LE as we'd read that taxis are unable to enter the hotel grounds for security reasons and didn't relish a fair treck with all our luggage for our family of 6.

The snorkelling from the hotel was fab and although there is no sandy beach, this suited us as I HATE getting sand everywhere!

The food was good, obviously more pricey than in Naama. Breakfast was great, plenty of choice and spread out enough to not have to be pushed in front of by 'certain' people. Hubby got sick of toasting bread only to have it nicked; on the last day he actually shouted at someone that he wasn't the 'Toast Boy' and snatched his toast off her plate, it was hilarious!

The only downside to the JV Golf is the location which meant having to rely on shuttle/taxis to get about, unlike the Casino where you can just walk straight onto Naama. Saying that, I would return if we got another excellent deal as I can not fault the hotel & staff.

egyptian experience from Lydney, Gloucestershire by 50plustwo

My husband and I have just spent time at this lovely hotel - 12 May2008 and it was brilliant. We stayed at the Movenpick Crocodile Island in Luxor previously and chose this hotel chain as we had a great experience on our last visit. Although it is a short distance from the likes of Naama Bay, thank goodness, a bit too touristy for our liking, was in a quieter area of Sharm, although plenty of free shuttle bus services, taxis and cheap mini bus services, although haggle the price before you get in! As it was the week of the World Leaders' Conference at the Congress centre down the road, police security was higher than normal but did not cause us too many problems except some of our trips had to be re-arranged away from the desert areas due to road blocks. The hotel staff were very welcoming on our arrival and nothing was too much trouble right up until we left, whether it was the main reception, the concierge services right down to the catering and cleaning staff. We booked on a breakfast only basis as we never like to be held to the hotel for meals and like to experience various other food traditions, although with the wide variety of food available at the breakfast layout you never needed to go hungry until later in the day! Staff always welcomed you at your table and made sure you had everything you needed as well as plenty of tea and coffee. Eating area, inside and out, spotlessly clean. In fact, the whole of the hotel inside and out was always spotless, even down to the guy wading round the lovely fountain in the reception area at 3.00 a.m. in the morning when we left, cleaning the flower petals out of the water and making sure it was crystal clear! The marbled floors and staircases were so highly polished you thought they were wet to walk on not just shiny. Immaculate. Our room was more than a double with two large double beds, plenty of storage and relaxation seating, as well as on the balcony. Shower room was spotless, with large walk-in shower, loads of towels and cleaned every day with change of linen and towels. Even down to the regular supply of tea, coffee and cream left for us on a tray everyday. I can't understand other reveiws that said they were 'dim' and couldn't understand, except when we asked for some extra pillows for the beds and when we returned we found two extra beds as well as the pillows! we laughed with them and they soon removed them, minus the pillows. Just a mis-understanding - i can't speak Egyptian so by visiting their country i respect them for their patience and always a sense of humour. We were lucky the time we were in the hotel as there did not seem to be very many other holiday guests, mostly reporters and officials to the congress centre who breakfasted then went out for the day so the hotel pools, all four of them and surrounding areas were very quiet and peaceful, it was like being on our own island, with the staff willingly changing our towels for the sun loungers. They worked hard keeping the magnifiicent gardens and grounds well-watered and tidy. Beach area was typical with coral area but lovely all the same and very cleverly designed, even though it was a trek down to reach it, but worth the walk, down and back up! Naama Bay was a bit too touristy with both the english food establishments down one side and the egyptian outlets on the right, hope it does'nt turn into brit spain! Arranged trips to Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx etc by local agent in Naama Bay. Great experience with the Museum included and lunch on the Nile in Cairo. Snorkelling by boat trip to Ras Mohammed National Park was brilliant, three stops for dives and lunch included. Dive masters on this particular trip were excellent, caring, polite and patient with new and less experienced swimmers, snorkellers, and divers. Felt safe with them after a little less good experience in Turkey! Bedoin night a little more disastrous, as camel trek was short, too many people taken on same night to same place, dinner was ages and guides to this were very un-information on what was going on and everyone was starting to get bored before basic traditional entertainment started at lot later. Could have started later into the evening, not so early and lost the long drawn out sit on the floor for a few hours! Worst event of the holiday. Nevermind. What else can i say - the hotel was brill, problably busier at peak season, but thats what we avoid as weather is hot enough in May which is more bearable for sight-seeing. I could not see any reason as to why anyone could find fault with this hotel chain and would recommend it to anyone, Thanks for a lovely time.

Excellent Accommodation! Do not take Half-Board! by IonutBucharest

Excellent Accommodation! Do not take Half-Board!

Enjoy Snorkeling ! Absolutely Excellent! Cristal Clear Green-Blue Water and Super Collored Fishes and Corals!

Roomy and well maintained rooms.

Very Clean! Tip (1-2 Egiptian Pounds) and you will be rewarded as a king!!! You are in a Muslim country were revenue does not exceed 100 Euros/month!

We paid for sea view and received sea plus garden view rooms overlooking to Tiran Island sea and garden pool. It’s worth every penny! Bath only with shower was clean and good maintained. You can also choose for Royal Wing but than forget sea view and admire the Sinai Mountains with a superb sunsets. Here rooms are bigger and offer a much relaxing atmosphere. Royal wing are facing internal garden and generous pool very nice illuminated during the night.

Breakfast was various enough BUT dinner very poor. I strongly recommend to NOT taking half board. If you are a meat lover than stay away from Jollie View Half Board Package because you become very soon a salad fan!

Cool you at a la carte restaurants for evening in case you choose to stay calm inside Jolie Ville complex (book in advance for Lebanese Restaurant on the Golf Field or Mandarin Restaurant near the garden pool pf the hotel). Prices are high comparing to same food and drinks in the city of Sharm!

Hotel offers FREE transport from/to Naama Bay on a specific schedule (excellent idea). Our recommendation for food and promenade review POMODORRO (Camel Bar & Hotel in the very hard of Naama Bay on walking alee).

Be very carefully when checkout in case you choose to include on your room bill each food/services rented at the hotel. For example we take Half Board and decided to tale Dinner a la carte restaurants. In case you do so and not eat also in the same evening at the Main Restaurant for your Half Board you will benefit of an discount about 80 Egiptian Pounds/person. This discount/happy ours are described in the restaurants and/or your rooms.

We choose to check from time to time our bill with the reception/concierge in order to not be “misinterpreted”.

At the checkout there were many people with LONG faces with huge bills for which they did not remember and all could not proof why so!

DO NOT forget to keep all bills issued for food/catering services inside Jolie Ville! It is better for you to have a clear retrospective at check-out!

DO NOT sign on 0 value invoices! Never ever! Be carefully!

If you are interested to visit Sinai Region than take visa from the airport because at each checkpoint your passport will be verified by the local police. Avoid leaving your passport with the checkpoints in case some wise guy asked you to do so! They must check and have NO RIGHT to retain your passport for any reason in the world! You are GUEST and CORAN has strict rules in this respect! It might be that they “ask” for a bribe! AVOID!!!!

We rent a car and travel along Taba Golf from south (Ras Mohamed – a must see individually and not with organized trips, be free and enjoy each and every superb bath locations and relaxations, mangroves, corals, fishes, etc.) through the rocky and colored mountains of Sinai as shown in 3d on Google Earth) along the coast (Dahab city and Collored Canyon which we unfortunately missed), near the Blue Hole (15 km north of Dahab), along the Coral Island (South of Taba – 25 km) with its superb Crusader castle on top. Fuel costs us about 16-20 Euro for 55 liters (1,5-1,7 Egiptean Pounds/liter). An individual excursion for Saint Catherines Monastery including climbing the Moses Mountain and wonderful sunrise costs about 50-55 Euros/person (avoid taking the “camel-taxi of the Bedouins!!!).

You will pay much MUCH less in case you rent the car. Streets are safe 100% and in excellent conditions! You can stop and admire oasis, life in the desert of the Bedouins, etc., when you want and where you choose! Enjoy!

Very good hotel by EdinburghGlaswegian

We stayed here after looking at lots of Sharm El Sheikh options on Trip Advisor. Jolie Ville Golf is as good as the reviews suggest. Rooms good, food good, pools very good and enough to keep you entertained or relaxed. We stayed in the main block with an internal facing room. This is the cheapest option and it was a large clean room. View from room was just a courtyard so if you want a view perhaps upgrade. Was fine for us though. Royal Wing looked every nice and we certainly heard good things about it. Pool there was quieter though open to people in main block as well. Hotel food was good. Prices roughly £20-30 per person inc drink. Drink at the hotel was a bit pricy. You could pay up to £5 for a pint! Hotel bus ran to resort centre and took about 10 mins. Lots of options there and a bit cheaper but can't say I was overly keen to go back there mind you. Reef just off the hotel was very good. Take snorkelling gear! Getting a lounger during the day near the "beach" was sometimes a bit tough but good once you got one it was worth it. Lots of towels on chairs with no people on them! The beach had no sand but we thought it was pretty good. Golf course option as well although we never went on it. Hotel staff were very friendly. Would recommend this resort.

Average, worth staying at but if you can try to get a better hotel by pg12346

When we checked in was the usual horrible airport experience, we arrived at the hotel, got a room overlooking a courtyard, which to be honest really isnt that bad a thing. It was quiet and apart from a seaview what difference does it make if you over look the pool? Anyway room was you usual average egyptian room nothing special but then nothing bad either. They all claim to be 5 star hotels there but you are really looking at a UK/US rating of like 3.5 stars. Restaurants in the hotel are expensive compared to Naama Bay but at least you dont get hassled and a lot less chance of getting food poisoning in the hotel. Get the free bus into Naama Bay if you can, because the taxi "limo" service at this hotel is useless to put it mildly, god forbid going at a busy 7:30/8pm into town. This is a typical for Sharm hotel, staff are a little dense and some help , others are just useless.

If you are coming for the beach this is not the hotel for you...is a mission to get there and when you do, there is no real beach, suggest anyone one of the other millions of hotels in Sharm which do have a beach. We used it to go diving and glad we werent relying on the beach front. Snorkeling off the mini-piers they have there is great. Overall if you can get a well known brand Hilton or one of the other ones I would recommend you take that. But if you do take this you wont come home crying that it was horrible because it ticks most of the boxes.

Oh I didnt mention the millions and millions of Russians in this hotel... the entertainment was totally geared up for them so dont expect to wowed by a badly sung John Denver cover.

care needed with room choice by Jock_Aberdeen

We stayed at the Jolie Ville Golf & Resort Sharm El-Sheikh for 12 days in March 2008. The Hotel, Pool, restaurants, etc were great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We booked a Standard room and the standard rooms are all facing inward to small internal courtyards which some would find disappointing. The room was fine but if you like to look out at trees/sky or anything for that matter you would need to book a sea or garden view. When I asked about a change of room they wanted 40 dollars a day extra.

I played golf at the Golf course. Good course ... one piece of advice - bring some golf balls - they chage 21 pounds for 3 Titlest balls and 14 of the holes have water hazzards. You have been warned.

Don't buy the UK cigarettes from fast talking street vendors - they are fakes with Turkish style tobacco if in doubt open a pack and smell the tobacco first.

Taxis are fun with the haggling for fares but it is non threatning they are really nice about it and generally are happy to accept a fair price. I always asked the concierge at the hotel how much to offer and it was fine.

Hotel courtesy bus runs to Naama bay 4 - 5 times a day. The last bus back at 2300 can be a bit of a squeeze.

Overall, a very good holiday.

1 2 »

Stayed at Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort? Share your insight.

Map for Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort Closest airport: Sharm El Sheikh (SSH) 2.9 miles

Top traveller tips for Maritim Jolie Ville Golf & Resort