Costa Sur Hotel

Stayed at Costa Sur Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Food: 4/10
Value: 6.5/10
Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Costa Sur Hotel

« 14 5 6 7 »
mr neale and family

"ive been to san antonio bay about 10 years ago thought id go back to because it was lovely last time.....i read all the reveiws on watch dog about the costa sur complex...and some people said it was only a 1 out of 10....what a load of lies....ive stayed in 4 stars hotels in cyprus...the costa sur is a 3 star complex and has the potental to be a 4 star with work done to it....i thought going from cyprus to ibiza..re the hotels and apartments the pictures look a bit ruff...but me my partner and kids had a nice surprize...the lay out of the costa sur was great...the entrance is fab with the water fountains and lights easy access for the kids buggy when the are asleep...the reception teams on nights made us feel at home stright away,we asked where we could by some milk for our 2 year old bottle to get to some..as it was 3am...they went and got some outta the fridge..and even carried our suitcase up to our room for us...re the 2 big pool are all clean...the food was perect...the chef(ramlan)from sri lanka was a plesure to meet very friendly allways smiling and happy....the beach was only down the road...xinxo beach on the side of the hotel fiasta milord hotel...and a beautiful beach aswell and crystal waters....plenty for the kids to do funpark and bowling underneath a place called mobi dicks...arcades are there too...eating out go to the old taven its lush bbq spare ribs and ice creams no end there...lol soon as we come home a few days we want to rebook"

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Half Board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: stunning
  • Activities: old tavern for food 5star
by canterbury49

great choice for family

"just returned today end june 09 . hotel was great , 2 adults , 2 children , reception very very helpful , rooms very clean , we have tiny problem but reception helped imediate . pools were great , pools for every age . loads sunbeds when ever u want . shows in bar were very good . great base for nights out , boat taxi every 15 mins 2.50 euro each 1 way . local bars and restaruants were good . very suitable for families and for clubbers .

food in hotel looked ok ish but told best eat local ..

very clean area , lots buses and taxis .

would recommend : book car in uk first and they are rare .... pre book airport transfer huge taxi line . pint is 4 euro , clubs 45 euro , drinks 12 euro .

overall holiday excellent .

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: great base ,
  • Activities: water taxi nice . local bars
by nfamily

J Parramore

"On arrival found hotel rooms filthy,landing carpets was stained with vomit and god knows what else,rooms was dirty rarely cleaned,mens urinals in reception was blocked

glass pannel in the lift door was broken and dangerous.

Dont put yourself at risk using this hotel,I have images to prove all this but for sum reason the website will not let me upload them :( !!!

• Holiday details: Sep 2008, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Brilliant island to visit been last 12 years.
by jackiep

Just returned fro a 14 day stay at...

"Just returned fro a 14 day stay at this hotel, if you have kids aviod this hotel as they do not cater for them in any way.The meals were either cold on tasted of fish,on our last day we went for breakfast at 8.20 and everything was stone cold.As for for the Casablanca they do not want any kids in the club and if they come in they are told to sit down and not run around, as for the so called Hostess Jackie ,I would say more like a failed pub singer ,who on more than one occasion swore in front of kids.Her nightly show was a few badly sung songs and reading emails from a sheet of paper some of which I have seem months ago,VERY VERY POOR."

by G Kirk

The hotel is sitated in San Antonio...

"The hotel is sitated in San Antonio Bay,in quiet and nice area.I can recommend it for families with children.A lot of entartaiment-for ex.every evening in Casablanca restaurant are shows.Staff very nice,especjally on recepction. Food delishous, rooms clean, the beach is near the hotel.Hotel Costa Sur is worth to recommend!"

by Albert Mendez

Just got back from a 10day stay with...

"Just got back from a 10day stay with my 16yr old daughter and her pal. We all had a fab time. Room large and very clean. entertainment brilliant especially the drag act. Jackie the hostess of the Casablanca was a legend. would recommend this as an ideal base for a great holiday. Loads to do if you want or to relax if that's your choice.

Will definately go back.

Mar I Pins nightclub/bar is a must. Try a Fat Frog- brill!!!!!!!!!!!!

by J Bannon

My wife and I stayed at the Costa Sur...

"My wife and I stayed at the Costa Sur Hotel near the end of May. We found the staff to be very attentive and friendly, and our room was basic but comfortable and clean.

We found the food to be really good, and there was a variety of choice available at the buffet. Plenty of shops around the hotel, but no beach nearby - however the beach at Post de Torrent is fantastic, and an enjoyable walk away from the hotel which took about twenty minutes.

There are buses to take you to San Antoni town, which is roughly a quarter hour ride.

Also the buses from here take you all over the island. We went to Ibiza Town and did a tour to the Hippy Market, which was worth seeing.

The best bit was getting back to the hotel at the end of the day, having dinner, and going into the hotel's Casablanca bar, which is a large entertainment complex and we saw a different main act every evening - most of them very good. As an alternative there was the Irish Bar in the same complex, where Sean Sean was on singing pop and Irish songs - very good entertainment.

We will definitely come back to this hotel.

by D Percy

BEWARE! Just arrived back from 2...

"BEWARE!

Just arrived back from 2 week stay at coast sur hotel as a group of 10 (5 children).

There was no entertainment for children what so ever(day or night), so if you have children I would really consider changing your destination.

The hotel is good quality, the food is ok and the staff are friendly but without entertainment the hotel was very boring! Worst holiday I've had in eight years.

We met people who have been to this hotel years running but the hotel has been taken over by GPS and has cut back on all entertainment.

I would never ever go back.

by J Thomas

A fantastic hotel, however, when the...

"A fantastic hotel, however, when the holiday was booked we were assured a kids club (which was highly rated). Unfortunately, this did not start until June, after we had left! Therefore, there was nothing for children to do.

The meals were very nice, and everywhere was very clean and tidy.

Fortunately there were plenty of shops along the road, and the beach was minutes away.

I would return here, but later in the year next time.

by H Draper

We have been to the Costa Sur 9 times...

"We have been to the Costa Sur 9 times before and we are booked for another one in October.

The staff are excellent and extremely polite, the food is brilliant with enough food for everyone and a great variety to suit different tastes.

The staff know us well now even with a three or four year break between visits.

The rooms are cleaned everyday and are left immaculate for you, if anyone states otherwise there standards must set high enough for the royals.

Can't wait for October to be there again.

My whole family and even grandparents enjoyed there time there so it is suitable for all ages.

Scott aged 15

by Pearce

Right.....where do I start??? Room..:...

"Right.....where do I start???

Room..:

The bathroom: the toilet was not fixed on the floor and if you leaned over to get the toilet paper the toilet could have toppled over. The bath was rather dirty and the handle to help people with back problems was torn in half. The tiles on the floor and the walls were cracked.

The bedroom: Stuff was left underneath the bed from the people staying there before. There was a brown stain on the bedside table the first day when we arrived and it was still there when we left. We would have understand if it was stuck on, but it wasn't, it was like a liquid substance still on.

The balcony: The towel rack was hanging off and every now and then it fell off and you had to pop it back in again and again.

The food: The food was very basic in the evenings there was chicken on every night and there was only one night when there was beef. There was chips every night which was not too bad considering nearly everyone loves chips. But the thing I was most angry about was the soup. It was almost every night chicken. But the one night it was tomato it wasn't the normal red colour, it was pinky purple and when you tasted it, it was not hot it was warm and tasted like creamy water. There was not even a hint of tomato flavouring. And the last thing about the food was there was chips for breakfast, I know I like chips and all, but not for breakfast!

Mar I Pins: The good thing about this hotel that it is a 30 second walk to a club on the corner, going there with friends was amazing and anyone that is up for a good time should go to this club.

by K Foster

We stayed at the hotel last week and...

"We stayed at the hotel last week and was there with my partner and 3 children aged 8,7, & 2.

I was slightly disappointed when I arrived at 11pm to discover there was no cot in room and when I asked for one, I was told "not possible"... anyhow we did eventually get one, but the reception staff are quite unhelpful and do not speak much English.

First night was quite hot! Our air con didn't work.. When we asked to get it fixed in the morning we were told "not possible".. Think that was the only English reception can speak!

Hotel is nice & clean, decor is from the 90's though, rooms are not huge, and we actually had an apartment, right next to the games room and could hear the air hockey till 2 in the morn! Eventually got used to it!

Our apartment was directly outside the pool, so was a great spot. I didn't hear that much noise from the guests at night... just the AIR HOCKEY! If you are in Apartment A009 take ear plugs!

The pool area is great and there are 2 large pools and 3 kids’ pools, it is really easy to get a sunlounger first thing in the morning. The pool is nice and quiet until about 2 pm and that is when all the clubbers seem to emerge for the day!

There is a real mixture of ages at the hotel, quite a few families with kids, but also a few groups of young girls & guys and couples. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are elderly. Also a wide range of nationalities stayed here, brits were not the majority!

Kids club is practically non-existent. The hotel was once a Thompson hotel and they use the same room but the girl surprisingly doesn't speak English!

Don't buy your kids inflatable’s, they must have about 30 or more lilos, rings, etc stored in the kids club, just help yourself to them in the morning.

Food on the buffet is BORING! Then again, the nearby restaurants didn't look that fantastic either!

The resort is OK, and right next to the hotel are about 5 or 6 kids’ mini fun parks, so lots to do for them in the evening. The entertainment in Casablanca/Paddy's bar is actually really good, I enjoyed all of the acts, and the kids loved it to.

The hotel is really safe for kids, there is a great baby park right next to the pool only problem is for most of the day it is in the full glare of the sun. My 2 eldest kids made loads of friends and spent all day in the pool or in the games room! Have plenty of 1euros handy as my kids constantly wanted them for the games!

Hotel staff do seem quite miserable.. But all of the guests seemed to be having a good time and I think it is really excellent place to stay and was good value for money!

Hope you have a great holiday!

by J Oram

« 14 5 6 7 »

Map for Costa Sur Hotel Closest airport: Ibiza (IBZ) 8.3 miles
Costa Sur Hotel photos (8 traveller photos)