Hotel Riu Puerto Marina

Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Hotel Riu Puerto Marina

1 2 »
great hotel

"i recently visited the riu puerto hotel with my four year old son, this hotel has a fab position, convenient for shops, restaurants, the marina, sealife, bus stops, train stops, we pretty much visited everywhere whilst we were there for a week..The hotel itself is very clean and the staff are all very professional, we went in april, easter, the weather was great not too hot, but still managed to get a great tan without trying. we had a low floor room just behind reception, we did get some noise from the disco over the road when people were leaving this was on a friday and saturday night, but nothing too terrible. On the whole the hotel was excellent and i would have no hesitation in recommending it, the baby pool and large pool were both heated and had a fantastic lady lifeguard, who was excellent with my son when he had a splinter in his foot, she couldnt do enough. The hotel was clean, good food, (no runs) and you felt safe (as i was a woman travelling alone with a four year old)"

• Holiday details: Apr 2010, half board, Booked Independently
by siddy

My wife and I have just spent a...

"My wife and I have just spent a wonderful 2 weeks at your Riu Puerto Marina Hotel. Everything was spot-on. We even enjoyed sharing in the celebrations following the success of Spain in Euro 2008, even though it always went on long into the night. But this contributed to the overall enjoyment of the holiday. The rooms were immaculately clean and a credit to your staff. The dining area and food presentations were always so thoughtfully set out, with meals to suit all tastes and cultures and beautifully prepared; a credit to your chefs, etc. The staff in general were so happy and friendly at all times, and always willing to help, no matter how small the problem. I wish to single out your reception staff, especially Anna Marie, who was absolutely delightful to talk to and to whom nothing was too much trouble; and, we noticed, was the same with many different nationalities, but all with the same friendly, efficient and charming manner. She warranted 20, let alone 10, and deserves to go far in the business.

We look forward to visiting you again in the not-too-distant future. Thank you.

by K.I. PLATT

this hotel is wonderful. the staff...

"this hotel is wonderful. the staff are the friendliest i have ever come across and cannot do enough for you. on check in we were given fresh orange as we waited for our room because we arrived early. the rooms are beautifully clean, the breakfast and evening meals were really good and there was lots of choice. something for everybody. once again the restaurant staff were so friendly and also efficient. we stayed for four nights and i wish we had booked for a lot longer. the hotel is well appointed for the marina and also for a walk into torremolinos. would definitely stay at the puerto marina again. give it a try and you will not be disappointed."

by ROBSON

I needed to get away for a few days...

"I needed to get away for a few days and booked this hotel for mid November for 4 days. I didn’t know what to expect as I have not been to Spain before. The taxi fare from Malaga airport to this hotel costs 20 - 25 euros, and the taxi drivers don’t speak any English, however when I got to the hotel I was largely impressed.

The manager on reception took my details and gave me my room key, and because I’d got there late (10pm ish) they had saved some food for an evening meal for me.

I went up to my room, which I found a decent size and very nice, with a lovely balcony, the views were over a residential road but you couldn’t hear any noise at all. They have very good air conditioning in the rooms with a ceiling fan as well, which is a good job as it was roasting!

I got a mega tan, and would highly recommend going in November.

The food was amazing, they cater for every taste and it is all self service which is great, after dinner you can go into the bar (non smoking) and the staff are so friendly, you can go out of some patio doors in the bar to have a cigarette.

I went out one night to some of the bars in the marina, and they are lovely, prices are quite cheap out but in the bar drinks can be a bit pricey, however, don’t be surprised when they pour you a short that is about 4 times as much as you would get in the uk.

All in all, you could not find a better positioned, more friendly, and clean hotel than this one. Highly recommendable and great value for money.

by H Deighton

We went here over the Easter week for...

"We went here over the Easter week for a family holiday. Myself, hubby, and our son who is 11. Unfortunately the weather was terrible but you can't book the sun for a week.

On arrival at the hotel we were surprised at how friendly the staff were. They made us feel very welcome and we were given our room key straight away.

The room was lovely and clean with plenty of storage space, mini bar, and a safe. Clean and tidy bathroom. Nice balcony. Not much of a view but we were not really bothered.

I must say the food choice was excellent in the hotel. The evening meal was wonderful so much choice of everything even our son found plenty to choose from.

The breakfast was the same so much choice not one complaint at all over the food. The hotel overall was very clean and tidy throughout. Not much evening entertainment but we were not fussed.

We did have one or two sunny days spent by the pool. The children can't take inflatable toys into the pool. Plenty to do outside of the hotel.

As it was raining we had to find things to do. We spent one day at Tivoli World great for the kids and the sea life centre. We had a ride in the cable cars magnificent views over the town. We took the local bus into Marbella one day. Great experience.

I thought it would be a good idea to take a walk to Puerto Banus little did I know how long it would take. A good hour and a half. I recommend a cab if you decide to go.

Oh how the other half live in Puerto Banus. Great shops if you have plenty of money. The marina at Benalmadena is beautiful as well plenty of shops.

We ate out a couple of times. A lovely restaurant called Metro right on the marina. Would recommend. Another night we tried a place called Pinocchio’s not so good really.

Overall a great holiday wish we had better weather would recommend this hotel to all.

by  A Fullard

Fabulous

"A fabulous hotel in the terrific small town of Benalmadena. It gives the appearance and feel of being a fairly small hotel but has quite a few rooms. Riu has excelled themselves again with this hotel. From the smooth check in, to the excellent room maid service to the faultless service in the restaurant, to the wonderful buffet and lunch food, it all feels rather five star. The only small disadvantage with the hotel is that it is not directly on the seafront, but it is very near."

by ktduomo

Perfect

"Booked through [--]

Stayed here 15-18 December 2006 in a group of 6 on a B&B basis for a golf trip. First time to Benalmadena for most of the troop so it was nice to stay in such a good quality hotel for the price, about £25 pppn B&B.

The staff were friendly, the buffet style breakfast was spot on and the rooms were immaculate. There is secure parking underneath the hotel but you have to drive right around the marina to get to the car park entrance as it is a one-way system.

The hotel is perfectly situated, with all of the marina nightlife (bars, restuarants, clubs) within 2 minutes walk. We ate twice at the Nachos Mexican restaurant in the marina and the food there was first class. A welcoming atmosphere too !!!

We also ate at the Jacks American diner which is also located in the marina. Again, a Tex-Mex type menu, this was extremely good food although a little pricey.

All in all we found the hotel to be an excellent base camp for our trip and would confirm to anyone looking to stay there that it is an excellent hotel, as you would expect rom riu.

by bambi1973

Wonderful hotel

"This was a truly wonderful stay, staff make you fell relaxed and are so friendly, the food is plentyful & fresh. Beautiful room. The location is second to none and as for the price........... how do they do it??.......... UNBELEIVABLE.!!! Going to book up again soon."

by ciaoelle

Superb Hotel

"Superb hotel. Spent a long weekend at start of December. Staff very friendly and helpful Food excellent, good choice and freshly prepared.

Entertainment ok by hotel standard Location V good in all repects bar one, close proximity to a couple of night clubs and noise is a problem at weekend especially on front rooms.

by derek4040

A Superb Hotel Benalmadena

"We returned home 19 November 2006 after a most enjoyable 7 night stay at Riu Marina. The hotel's position is second to none in this area, and the Marina is ideal for a gentle stroll, a drink, a meal or simply people watching. It must be ideal for parents with young children as much of the Marina is traffic free has an attractive sandy beach area and is very level for walking with pushchairs.

The bedroom was spacious, with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. This was spotlessly clean, as was the whole hotel.

The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and the food was of a high standard, the fish and sweet courses were particularly good.

At this time of year Benalmadena nightlife is limited, but we enjoyed the hotel's entertainment programme, although it may not be lively enough for young people in their 20s and 30s. We also enjoyed visiting other 4* hotels in the area, but we were always pleased to return to our hotel.

The price of drinks in the hotel was very reasonable. Carlos III brandy was about half the price of the most expensive brand, but, to me, it was equally as good.

We would recommend this hotel and advise anyone visiting Benalmadena to stay here.

by RoseyB

Riu come up trumps once again

"Once again the Riu group came up trumps for us.

Following a fortnight at the Riu Algarve Palace last year we booked an early winter holiday at this hotel in Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol.

We certainly were not disappointed. Riu standards are very high. The hotel was spotless, our room pristine and the food was good.

True there were one or two differences between this hotel - a Riu Classic - and our experience in the Riu Algarve Palace.

In the Palace all breakfast juices were served in large glass jugs and sparkling wine was freely available to make up bucks fizz.

In Benalmadena the juice came out of a machine dispenser and there was no sparking wine at breakfast.

However, everything else operated to the same exacting standards and the staff were helpful, friendly and efficient.

The hotel was centrally situated beside Benalmadena Marina but we experienced very little night time noise.

The price of the holiday - booked direct on the Riu website - was very reasonable.

All in all we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

by hopingtotravel

Lovely hotel, friendly staff

"This is the best hotel that I have stayed in for friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere. The food is wonderful and plenty of choice, always prepared and presented beautifully. The staff are so polite and helpful you could not faulter anything at all."

by pigginjoe