Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel

Stayed at Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Food: 5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel

« 1 2 3 4 513 »
Enjoyed every minute of it

"Ignore all the bad comments about this hotel - there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It is just the same as all the other 3 star hotels out there.

The staff were very friendly, the maids came everyday, the room was clean, the food was nice, there's something for everyone.

The kids entertainers on a night were fantastic (Susana, Abel & Maria). There was a mini disco, then bingo, then a show (we saw a magician, birds of prey, acrobats, snakes and drums) - they also had karaoke & quiz nights.

The entertainers also did stuff through the day with the kids (bowling, face painting, colouring, balloon modelling, walking on water (mat & ball), etc.

Yes, I admit it was hard to get a lift on a morning & evening meal, but we were on the 5th floor so we just walked. It didn't bother us, it didn't spoil our holiday & wasn't anything to complain about.

We stayed half board. The drinks are expensive at 2.20euros. If you're all inclusive you can't get ice cream or slush, you have to upgrade to gold to get them, which I think isn't good, so I'm glad we didn't do all inclusive, only to get there and find out we can't have these unless we pay to upgrade.

All in all, this hotel is fantastic, I would go back again (though not in high season because there's no air conditioning, only on the top 3 floors at extra cost). I would recommend to my friends & family, and if you're staying here, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Half Board, booked with Thomas Cook
by 1502djt

A good 3 Star Hotel.

"Hi folks,my wife and I had a 5 night break at this hotel'

having never been to Tenerife before.Although the hotel looks a little dated throughout, we found it to be an excellent place to stay. Our superior room was good, clean,and comfortable.Everything worked. The bar and seating areas were excellent, and the staff were helpful

and friendly.The food in the main was predictable;possibly a little boring,but well cooked.

The evening entertainment was lively, and at times very good.The hotel pool area was very attractive.

The location of the hotel is excellent for the beach; just 10 minutes walk away. We enjoyed our stay here.I can only recommend the superior rooms as we did not see the standard rooms.

• Holiday details: Nov 2010, half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: An attractive friendly resort.
by h3

Dreadful 2 weeks

"We had stayed at the Princessa Dacil 5 times before and had decided on our 5th visit that we would not return. However, we stupidly decided to give it one more try as we were having a last minute holiday. We were allocated a superior room ( I use that word loosely )as on inspection of the room,we found the ceiling looked as if the artex was about to fall down, with also a very large crack. On testing the bed,we found it as hard as a wooden door and too short for my partner who is 6ft 3inches tall. We went down to reception to air our views on the room. I explained the condition of the ceiling and the bed. My goodness,we felt as if world war 3 had broken out. The receptionist shouted at us,saying how she could get an extra 20 euros a night for that room and if we didnt like it we would have to go into a room with no air conditioning,and that rain had come into the Hotel also into our room. Can you imagine putting up guests in England in a room where you worry in case it falls on you during the night. The attitude was take it or leave it. Being that far from home,didnt leave us with much choice. The food never was great,but this time it was disgusting. One eveniong meal left me feeling queezy,when I stirred it around to see what it was. It turned out to be baked beans,chopped up hard boiled egg and small chips. YES you have guessed it, it was left over breakfast mixed together for the stupid Brits. This was also on the menu the following week,so not a one off mistake. There were several people who discussed the food with us and said how disgusted they were with it. The fruit was never worth eatting unless you were lucky enough to find something at the bottom of the bowl. Having read the reviews above,I wonder what sort of food some of you eat at home. There is no excuse for this type of food. The nightly chips are the least expensive frozen ones. Why couldnt they use potatoes? After all it is a hotel and not a Whimpy. (Sorry Whimpy)"

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Please dont go there
by Disgruntled

Bad

"Just came back from the hotel what a load of crap we bookt a premier room it was to single beds together the room was small the best thing was the fiew loking over the sea.We where on the 13th floor. DONT GO THARE............FERRY BAD BREAKFAST."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, gyy, Booked Independently
  • Advice: verry bad
  • Good For: , Skiing
by jaguar

Very dissapointed

"On arrival we were given a room on the 1st floor when we requested a high floor and it was no bigger than a box room. We complained so got moved to another one on the same floor which was slightly bigger, and not in very good condition. The room service was O.K. but sheets weren't changed that often and I know that the pillow cases were only changed once in two weeks because there was a hole in one of them so I know they were not changed. The food was disgusting and what was suposed to be a restaurant was no better than a pit stop cafe."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, Half Board, booked with Jetsun
  • Advice: Christianos is a lovely area to be in
by looby loo

unhelpful staff

"i arrived at the hotel at 2200hrs along with two couples, we asked if there was any food available, no was the reply, so after a beer which was very very expencive i made my way down the hill know as cardiac hill to the local chinese, on the way back i had my wallet stolen, i reported this to the member of staff who after reporting it to the police told me to sleep on it, next morning i asked to ring england to cancel my cards they kept reminding me off the cost, i then had to walk two miles to the police station and back, i was hoping for a bit of understanding but got none, they didnot help me at all, however i do not blame the hotelbut i feel they could have warned residents of the problems of pick pockets. i hired a fan for 25 euros, the hotel was clean and the food was bland."

• Holiday details: Oct 2010, half board, booked with travel republic
  • Advice: good for basic family holiday
by mug

4 happy campers

"Just returned from this hotel-very apprehensive after reading previous reviews. However I think they are expecting a bit much for a 3* hotel. We were all inclusive and found the food very good, with a good choice every night including themed nights and a carvery. The drinks were excellent with free bottled water that we have always had to pay for at other hotels. Yes the bar staff could have been more cheerful but so what. Rooms were fine and cleaned every day. Only grouse about the rooms- no air con and the week we were there we really could have done with it. The hotel does need some updating, some areas were looking very sad and 2 lifts for 15 floors was a problem at busy times. It is in a good location as regards beach, bars restaurants etc. Would recommend whale watching and atrip to Santa Cruz. Overall we had a great holiday and would book again without hesitation."

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: book it!
by geordies on tour

Great Holiday for familys

"I felt I had to write a review for this hotel after reading such bad reviews.

I stayed here with my partner and 4 young children. The hotel was great, vey clean maybe a little dated but it is a 3* hotel not 5*. People want 5* treatment for 3* prices!

The food was lovely a great choice and it varied slightly each day, the breakfast could have been better.

The entertainment staff were lovely both for adults and children and they had a lot of time for the children day and night. 3 out of 7 nights we had to queue a bit for drinks ( we were all inclusive ) but this wasn't a problem we would just double up on drinks.

The hotel is in a great location and is also 1 of the collection and drop off points for free buses into Siam park, Aqua land, Jungle park and many more places.

You only have to cross the road and your at the beach and there are lots of nice places to eat and drink along the front.

I would go back to this hotel again with my family.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Would visit again in the future
by shelly

You Get What You Pay For

"It was me and my boyfriend's first holiday together, we are 18, and went for the cheap and cheerful option. We were checked in no problem, the staff relatively friendly, giving us all the information that we needed about the all inclusive times etc. Went to the lifts to discover the hotel was being renovated, and there were only two lifts in use, which were constantly busy, and slow. We were on the 4th floor however, so we mostly took the stairs. That night we went to dinner, and from reading previous reviews, I knew not to expect fine dining. Sure enough the food was pretty awful. From that night on I stuck to what looked edible, which was chips and salad!! Both me and my boyfriend got upset tummies further into the holiday, which we suspect was because of the food. We never went hungry though, and you could get snacks by the pool, which were nice (toasties, burgers etc..) The drinks were good, and unlimited until 11pm. There were a lot of spanish holiday makers there aswell, which was fine, but they made it obvious they do not favour the British! We got plenty of dirty looks! The entertainment was pretty much the same everynight for the kids, but we didn't stay there much, because me and my boyfriend like to venture out. Regarding cleanliness, the maids visited everyday, sweeping the floor, making the beds, new towels etc. The poolside was nice, plenty of sunbeds, but you had to pay 1.50 for a mattress which was a bit cheeky. The kids entertainers were nice, and they were always doing activities with them. There was a nice atmosphere to the hotel in general and Los Cristianos is a lovely resort to stay in. This hotel did the job for us, and we had a lovely holiday."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Broadway Travel
  • Advice: If you haven't got a lot of money, but need a holiday, this is the place to go
by HappyChappy

worst hotel i have been to

"i do not recomend this hotel to anybody.

the staff are horrible.

the pool is alright but it was boring.

i booked all inclusive, but i didnt feel as though i was all inclusive, you have to pay for everything apart from the drinks.

the entertainment is always the same.

the gym was closed.

we had to change rooms because our air conditioning was broke.

this hotel could use more lifts.

i am very disapointed

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: do not go.
by anonymous

Nice, relaxing but some minor faults

"We stayed a week from 25th July to 1st August 2010. Overall we had a good time. First impressions when we saw the hotel on way from the airport was it looked like a dated tower block. However, inside was great - nice and clean. Checking in was fine, reception greeted us friendly.

Activities for kids was ok however we had to pay 10 euros for a day of 3 activities (such as T-shirt painting, Pool Ball walking and Pancake making). Childrens water polo was great (and free) but only twice during the week. Adults polo and football everyday.

No problem getting a sunbed (we got them around 8.30).

Meals were good. Similar meals each day but they tried to vary it by having differnt themed nights such as mexican night, asian night etc.

We were on All Inclusive and disappointed to find that we couldn't get anything to eat from 9.30 after breakfast until 1pm. We had to pay for things like crisps, ice creams and slush puppies.

Bar staff were ok - they seem to resent the fact that we were all inclusive and didn't have any manners. Hardly smiled. Made you feel guilty if you ordered a larger amount of drinks.

Wasn't busy, however, there were 8 coach loads that came all at once (as their planes were delayed) and they bombarded in to the restaurant causing mahem.

Entertainment - for children was repetitive but OK and for adults was OK.

Rooms were very clean and had fresh towels and beds were made daily.

Pool table kept breaking, and not many games in the games room were working. Crazy Golf available if you paid. Nice little park for the kids (trampoline, see-saw etc).

Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

by ligster

not the best sol melia hotel

"just came back from this hotel,11/07/10 fair play very clean rooms nice clean towels every day but how can a hotel with 15 floors only have one bar open and that was the poolside bar which was very small sometimes there would only be 1 staff but when the spaniards started to come in ( omg loads and loads of them, they also opened another bar for them to watch the world cup) there would be 2 staff on. Kids club repetative same music every night bingo using a tooth pick !!! and an hour of entertainment which was generally good food ok depending on the time you went to the resturant been to a sol melia/flintstone hotel before sol tordos palma nova and it was far far in front of the dacil wouldn't waste money on this hotel again"

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: check out other hotels
by malbear

« 1 2 3 4 513 »

Map for Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel Closest airport: Tenerife South Reina Sofia (TFS) 8.9 miles