Sollagos Studios

Room: 8.5/10
Service: 9.5/10
Value: 9.5/10
Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sollagos Studios

If you want an excellent location...

"If you want an excellent location with a short walk to Lagos centre, then this is the place to stay.

The accommodation was very clean and we had everything we needed, if we chose to cook in the apartment, not that we did as there is no end of choice for restaurants in the area.

The beach is approx 800 metres from the apartments.

What did it for us though was Marcelo the owner. Nothing was too much trouble for him. We saw him every day and every day we were asked if everything was ok.

We also witnessed Marcelo offering to drive a couple to the nearest pharmacy in his own car so they could get some eye drops for hay fever.

What topped it for us though was the excellent customer service he gave us and we were really touched when he gave my wife a rose and a bottle of wine for her birthday.

You may read some reviews about the building work going on, but I can assure you that most of this appeared to be completed when we visited in May and as such we found the resort very quiet and relaxing, so much so we spent most of the time relaxing poolside with a good book.

To sum it all up, worth a visit and you will not be disappointed with the service you receive.

Only one bad point and that would be Thompson Admin! They didn't actually tell Marcelo we were arriving and as such he did not have a room ready. That said this was not Marcelo's fault and within 20 minutes or so, the room was ready. He actually called the maids back in to assist.

Marcelo is a fountain of knowledge for Lagos and the surrounding area so if you want any information ask him and if you need anything else speak to him rather than Thompson as you'll pay local prices rather than British prices.

by C Weston

Myself and my partner went to Lagos...

"Myself and my partner went to Lagos for our birthdays last year and what a great time we had. Marcelo the owner could not do enough for you and we felt really welcome. The next time we visit Portugal we will stay here again as the location was excellent and Marcelo and his staff were so pleasant and accommodating.

When I first booked it I did not know what to expect as I am used to 4 star hotels or higher, but let me assure you the cleanliness and the service here is far better than any hotel I have ever stayed in.

The only problem is there is no bar on site, but all the rooms have lovely balconies and terraces so that you can sit out and have a drink away from all the hustle and bustle, but close enough to enjoy Lagos town and its beauty.

by R Walsh