Oasis Village Apartments

Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 5.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Oasis Village Apartments

1 2 »
Myself and my partner had a one...

"Myself and my partner had a one bedroom apartment. It was clean but looked like it had not been decorated since the 1970's it was also quite dreary and the building looked nothing like the photos I had seen. The door leading to the balcony was broken so felt a little uneasy when we went out incase of a break-in.I would suggest to anyone that stays there that if their apartment is in the same building as the reception area is then asked to be moved as there is more apartments across the roads that look alot better.

Vilamoura is a lovely place and would go back again although I would not stay here again.

by C Ramsey

I took my mother who is nearly 60 (I...

"I took my mother who is nearly 60 (I am in my 30s) and we stayed in one of the self catering apartments. The studio was excellent for what we paid. Very clean and looked like had been recently refurbished. The studio had everything we needed. The grounds were also very well maintained and looked after. The pool was a little crowed but not a problem as you could sit where you liked rather than like being layed out like sardines! The bar and restaurant were very reasonably priced, although the soft drinks were quite pricy. There were two well stocked supermarkets near by to stock up in your studio. It was about a 20 min walk into the main town, and being not in the centre meant the prices were a lot cheaper. There was a courtesy bus to take you into town and to the beach every day which left 3 times per day. The beach was beautiful and the marina was very clean. All in all we had a lovely relaxing time. We saved some money by sometimes staying around the studio and other times spending more in the time, but it was nice to have the choice! I would definately go back there and recommend it to others."

by C Hitch

dont go. hotel marabel pe da lago...

"dont go. hotel marabel pe da lago .rooms rotten stained bed electric sockets off wall never seen cleaner 2 weeks no entertainment.food hot dog cheeseburger no drink had to wait till taxi brought from oasic down road not kidding.put me off vilamoua for life.hired car went the strip every day sealife ctr. krazy world.water pk.were i stayed 3 years before.vale de caros 9/10 sorry but pe da lago give it a miss be warned"

by keecal

My wife and myself work unsociable...

"My wife and myself work unsociable hours and hardly have time together, so a few days away would be ideal.We booked with Calls Online and we were told we were booked at the Park Mourabel Apartments in Vilamoura Algarve. One of the staff at reception showed us to a room at the Pe-Do-Lago which was not on our itinery. On a closer look, the apartment was disgusting.

We went back to the reception and had a heated conversation with the manager.

We were then shown to the Oasis Village Apartments and allocated a two bedroomed Apartment which was very good,clean and much suited to the outlay which we paid for our three night stay at a self catering room.£475.00.(flights and transfers inc`).

The accomodation was everything we expected. The grounds were well kept and tidy.There are a few decent bars locally.(Cactus Bar 1 euro a pint, but very smoky) and Parkys too. Good entertainment and staff.

Great value for money for eating and service is A Carpa Restaurant.(33 euros for 2 starters,main meal and 2 lagers) with the offer of a free drink of brandy or port. It is recommended to book as it is hard to get a table.

It is a 45 min` walk to the Marina or there is a courtesy bus which at intervals during the day.

by D Davies.

Just got back from our second holiday...

"Just got back from our second holiday this year, both times stayed at Oasis Village Apartments. Found it very clean, modern and spacious with good views of the golf courses. All in all enjoyed both stays very much. We will probably return for another holiday in the future. Very close to Vilamora marina which is a real must to visit on holiday, good food and great views of all the great boats in the marina."

by Je Weeks

Just returned! We had booked 4 nights...

"Just returned! We had booked 4 nights self catering accommodation at the Oasis Village Apartments, as we had used it previously and the accommodation was basic, but good value.

Warning! Things have changed! On arrival, we were given the keys to a one bedroom apartment in Pe De Lago block. The room was very musty and the smell lingered on our hair and clothes for hours.

We went to complain at reception and were informed that no other rooms were available by a very unhelpful receptionist.

We returned to the room and decided to use the balcony to get some fresh air and found that the roof of the balcony was crumbling onto the lower floors, and pieces were dangling and ready to fall – so we decided not to use it.

We went to use the shower, but the bath coating was chipped and rough, so we couldn’t stand (and didn’t even attempt to sit) in the bath.

At this point, we left and booked into a hotel. The staff were not interested and seem fully aware that the place has deteriorated. I would be very surprised if these buildings are still standing in a year’s time.

by J Hamilton

Great Apartments

"We stayed in the Oasis apartments in Dec of 2006. The apartments were great, with two bedrooms and two futon couches in the living room. The apartments also had a great kitchen and a fireplace. The one drawback was the fact that the apartments had only three small electric space heaters to heat the entire apartment, which left the apartment pretty cold the entire time there. The apartments are not close to the beach, about a 20 minute walk. The restraunt located in the adjacent hotel was sub par: pricey, food bland, and service somewhat rude. The complex itself was beautiful with nice areas to sit and playgrounds for kids."

by WI_Traveller

Oasis Village very enjoyable

"Unlike the previous writer, we found the Oasis Village a lovely place to stay. When we arrived the staff were very courteous and our apartment was wonderful. Newly decorated with new furniture and very well equipped, with excellent cooker, micro wave and a lot more. We spent a lot of time by the Parque Maroubel pool however the 'padlocked pool' could be accessed through the restaurant, the name of which escapes me (big bull on sign outside). That pool was marvellous, very big and very deep. Surrounded by concrete - marvellous!

Prepare to spend money on taxis, the best way of getting into town, but they're cheap! Maximum we paid was 5euro.

by A TripAdvisor Member

Just returned from 5 fabulous days in...

"Just returned from 5 fabulous days in oasis village, cant recommend these apartments enough. They are spotlessly clean and very modern. the entertainment was really good fun! Watching the sun go down on the marina in many of the restaurants is a must!

Would recommend the Chinese called harbour view for the best food and great view all round the marina! We visited Albufeira and Quateira and although nice and lively they’re definitely Vilamoura's poor relations!

by N Mayzes

Be aware if you book last minute you will get the dregs

"On arrival we were made to wait two hours for our apartment to be prepared (not a good start). We were shown to a small cramped apartment on the ground floor which had no balcony (although on our booking confirmation it advised all rooms had balconies). I took this up with the hotel manager and show him the confirmation of room with balcony, he came up with some lame excuse that it was only a request not a guarantee. My confirmation which was from the hotel and I had printed off and brought with me, catergorically stated all rooms had a balcony with pool or garden views. After a Portugese stand off a new apartment was arranged. It was what I would have expected from the start: bright, spacious, clean but basic accomadation ( I might add we did have to move again, why I don't know).

There are three pools one was padlocked so you couldn't get into it, the other two were adequate. The Hotel bar and restuarant are some of the worst I have ever seen, they look like 1970's working mens clubs.

For the money I have stay in a lot better places and for this reason I wouldn't hurry back to the The Oasis Village.

Oasis Village Apartments - good for us

"Just came home today from a week in Oasis Apartments. First ever flying holiday. Nothing but praise for the whole experience, good service, nice location, wonderful beaches. Apartment had a couple of initial problems but dealt with quickly and efficiently by friendly staff. Vilamoura is expensive compared to other resorts in terms of shopping, eating out etc. but worth it in our opinion, given that all facilities are close to hand. We will certainly go back."

loved the place!!!

"Me and my husband went to the algarve with my 2 beautiful girls on our first ever family trip. We so enjoyed it!! It was brilliant! The Marina was out of this world and i would definately go again!! the place was so beautiful and relaxing and the BEACHES!! Well what can i say!!! They were unbelievably fantastic! You have to see it to believe it!! The hotel was great and the waiters couldnt do enough for you! We had cleaning maidens coming in everday changing towels and leaving the room spotlessly clean. The algarve is such a clean, beautiful, hassel-free, calming and relaxing place and was the best holiday i've ever had! The only downfall was that we only went for 1 week and we were just starting to explore when it was time to come home. 2 weeks would have been grand! The hotel room was really nice and i couldnt complain about the food either. We went on loads of excursions which was worth it because we had a chance to see many of the beautiful places in the algarve. If anyone says any different then either their a snob or just sad!! VISIT THE ALGARVE!! ITS BRILLIANT!! Definately a place i would visit again!!"

1 2 »