Paloma Club Sultan Ozdere

Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Paloma Club Sultan Ozdere

1 2 36 »
Wedding?

"Hi all we have been here twice before and it is a lovely resort! We have booked to get married here in October but just wondered if anyone has been to or had a wedding here who can share some photos/opinions?

Thanks

• Holiday details: May 2011, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: plan each day so much to see inside and outside the resort!
by Katie-Louise B

'best holiday ever'

"went sept 2011 had the best holiday and booked to go back. Don't pay any attention to the negative comments - theres always 1 who carn't be pleased - there are hills and steps but you can use the transport supplied to get you around the complex. infinity pool fab - the view is incredible - lots for kids to do - food scrumptious and hygiene standards are excellent staff well you couldn't fault them nothing is too much trouble and they have a sense of humour. there are french but try chatting to them you might find they are just like us - most of em ok but there were some english yobs -embarrassing for us - rooms were clean tidy and cleaned daily. a gem of a place you will have a really good hol"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: enjoy the infinity pool
by tinkerbell

club sulton

"great hotel but too many steps. hundreds of them. take the bus up the hills you will need it. everything in french. cannot fault anything else except the lack of entertainment for british people. if you are elderly it is not the hotel for you. [or disabled]"

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: do not go if you cannot manage hundreds of steps.
by junea

brilliant

"absolutely brilliant hotel.we are a british family of 2 adults and 2 kids.we stayed here in july 2010 for 2 weeks,and are going back this year for 2 weeks in 2011.cant fault this hotel in any way.we are from jarrow in the north east.recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: the market
by jarrajim

returned back to club sultan.

"We av just returned home for the 2nd time...i still love this place, the staff remembered us from sept and they made a great fuss..we are booking again...

There is alot of french there and yes they do still cater more for them,which can be annoying, as the french do seem to think they av got more rights than us english, but you stand up to them, simple..we didnt get less respect at all, i do think they should consider more entertainment for us adults i must say..great for kids though,. we made alot of turkish friends....NEED TO GET MORE BRITISH THERE, we wud liven the place up.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: book it you will love it
by mel

Paloma Club Sultan - fantastic!

"I have heard mixed reviews of this hotel so thought I would add mine, having just got back. Most of what I read is spot on - the hotel setting is absolutely stunning, the views from the infinity pool are amazing,I could have spent the whole holiday looking out to sea. Yes, the hotel is set into a hill and there are lots of steps, but nothing too onerous for able bodied people. The pools and surrounding areas are lovely, with lifeguards on duty at all times, for those who are concerned about small children. The water slides are open from 10-12 and 3-5 each day, not 15 mins as stated in one other review. The kids absolutely loved them!

The restaurants and food area are of an excellent standard. I am not sure about the reviews I read about friendly staff though?! Yes, the French do get pretty good service whilst the English are somewhat ignored. But you know what, I think this a reflection on us Brits, not the staff. We just don't know how to stand up for ourselves. Once you start clicking you fingers like the French or moving the cutlery from other tables, they soon get the hint! Limited food variety? Rubbish, there is an abundance of different food on offer, from chips and burger if your kids have limited taste buds, to the fabulous Turkish and fish nights with more traditional fare.

The room I shared with my two daughters was large and airy, balconys are tiny though unless you have a superior room. My sister was like me, in one of the blocks, not the main hotel, and her room on the ground floor was much smaller and quite dim. She didn't complain but as it was slightly out of season I am sure she could have moved if she had made a fuss.

The Thomas Cook kids club reps - Carol, Hazel and Charlotte, were fantastic - thankyou! They kept our kids (9 and 4) amused all week and got them to join in the evening entertainment - which I have to say is a bit limited for the English. The reviews are correct, much is in French and the English feel a little like second fiddle. But this didn't stop our little ones from joining in both the English and French mini-discos, in fact they loved the French songs.

The hotel was so lovely we didn't want to venture too far, but did Adaland one day, which is ok, but there aren't too many rides. The dolphin swim for 80 euros was a big hit though, and having already done it in Florida, surprisingly good value for money. We got the first session and had nearer an hour than the 20 mins they said we would get.

Finally, a big thanks to Jon, our T Cook rep who was very friendly and helpful and always available.

Would I go back to the Club Sultan? Without a doubt! Already planning the next trip.

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Fantastic for a relaxing pool//beach break in quiet location
by Sam

British People booking to read first!

"We went to Ozdere in Oct 2009, it was out of season i must admit, so it was nice and relaxing maybe a little to much to be honest. The evening entertainment.....when on, repeated itself and we were there for only 1 week, plus most of it was in French and German with a bit of English. What i did feel let down by, was that it catered for the Germans and the French, so if you are looking for a British resortor or a mix as we were, then this is not the place to go. Yes a little bit of English was slotted into the entertainment but very little.

The swimming pools are as good as the brouchure advertises, but were freezing. When my son went into the pools (all of them), he was shivering and chatting his teeth, like all of the other children (but you know children no matter how cold the water is children love to get in). Luckly it was hot enought in the sun for when he got out he could warm up again. This he did in regular bursts as the water was just to cold to stay in for more than a few mins at a time. Again yes its out of season but it was still hot, so no real reason that the water should have been so bitterly cold. I tried to swim but jumped out like a shark was after my ass!!!! Soooo yes i was bitterly disappointed that i could not swim at all during my one week stay. Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful place indeed and peacefull (well when we went anyway). As for the two beaches they are small but private and as it was not a busy time of year we were pleased, but again the Med was also cold.

As for the food, I will say in my opinion was great, but again they repeat themselves so by the end of the week you get bored with the menu, still must say i ate loads and was impressed.

One think that did stand out, was that it was very hilly, so please be aware of this when booking as it knocked the stuffing out of my mother ever day. But on a brighter note by the end of the week because of the hills we were all a little bit firmer and fitter!!!

As for our journey well that was a living nightmare, it took us two days to get home, and that is another story altogether so i will not go into it as i will be here all night.

My conclusion of our holiday was yes it was a beautiful place and a little bit too relaxing for us. But no i would not return to that resort again, for far to many reasons specially being, it did not cater for the British when we were there. Again this is just my experience.

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by Surrey Lady

thomas cook

"hi agree with the latest comment. it was the best hotel, resort we have been to. We loved every minute of the holiday, staff very friendly and helpful...the whole resort very spotless,beautiful views.....the food was yummy. well presented and loads of it.

Yes there were alot of french, and entertainment, not much for english, but same as the last person said u still enjoy there fun, and the english reps do get u up dancing...my little lad was in the kids world..miss u lucy and becky u was 2 fantastic people, i felt so secure knowing they had my little boy.he learnt so many songs in french,do thomas cook proud to have staff like that, our rep kieran was a great guy(helpful and full of energy and sense of humour).

we took a boat trip, that was the best day ever, great laugh and experiencce....

met some great friends there...and we are all going back..so we are gonna book this weekend only been back for a week, we miss it that much....so see you next june you guys......keep up the good work and there will be more english come to this fantasic place.......

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go and book you will love the whole resort.
  • Activities: all of the resurants
by mc chivers

absolutely brillant

"having read all the reviews before I went, I can only say that those who gave negative reviews must be on a different planet. My daughter (9) and I had a fantastic time. The hotel was spotlessly clean with cleaners coming in every day to change the towels and make the beds. We had a lovely view of the private beach. Even the toilets by the pool were spotless. The food was brillant so much to chose from and even the fussiest of eaters could not complain and again the staff were friendly, helpful and when I fell over reps and waiters were there to assist me and the same when my daughter was not well everybody was there to assist me once again. Yes the complex is massive and there is a lot of steps but lovely scenery and once you work out the short cuts its not a problem. The entertainment was dominated by the amount of French in the resort but those French certainly know how to enjoy themself and it becomes infectious. My daughter enjoyed all the entertainment and joined in even when it was in French. The main man who ran the entertainment (Anis) spoke 8 languages and did his best to translate. There were shows by the kids, Turkish dancing, discos, beach parties, canoe races and lilo races. There was always something going on, whether it be yoga, darts, water polo, aerobics for the more enthusiastic. The water slides opened twice a day - whoever said 15 mins must have been in a diferent resort, 10-12 and 3-5. The lifeguards were brillant and I felt my daughter was safe enough so that I did not have to always sit at the waters edge but sat back at the local bar and enjoyed a few beers while still being able to keep an eye on her. The Thomas Cook reps and kids world ladies - all English were fantastic. My daugther got sun stroke and spent several days in kids world to keep out of the sun. They kept her entertained and she had a fab time, they even brought her to me when she had had enough. Well done to Becky, Samatha, Lucy, Jessica and Keiron (hired by Thomas Cook) they really made our holiday. They also suggested two trip out one to Kusadasi for shopping - be prepared to say NO to the Turkish men they get very unhappy if you do not buy something. I did get a lovely Prada bag and it only cost £20 and 5 pinchs of my bottom. We also went to Adeland where it was a giant water park with a wave pool and a spa bath, another great day out, this also included a dolpin show and my daughter was able to swim with the dolphins and we got a professional photo all for £90. Finally I do agree that the men at the airport are a pain they grab your bags before you can say no and then want tipping - they lost out there they should have asked first. We have only been back two days and I have already rung Thomas Cook to book next years - 10 days this time as I felt 7 days went to quickly. In all a fab holiday and Thomas Cook really did us proud from begging to end"

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by dward

Amazing but some points to bare in mind

"We booked this holiday near christmas for an amazing price and i can't believe what an amazing holiday it was. The food is great with endless deserts, ice cream, afternoon snacks, unlimited drinks (fanta went down well)although no sausages or bacon for breakfast. The rooms were comfortable. The grounds were hilly but beautiful and there was a shuttle bus which we never used because we wanted to burn off all the food we ate. We had elderly people in our party which the walking wasn't great for them. Its also dimly lit at night and my nan had a fall down the concrete stairs but the hotel was brilliant. Withing seconds a firstaider and then doctor were on site. She was whisked away to a private hospital for x-rays, drips and heart scans all of which we didn't have to pay out and then claim back. The resort is spread out so although it is a big place you never saw many people all in one place which gives it a small friendly feel. Plenty of sunbeds, room in the 2 large pools and on the 2 private beaches. The hotel is multi-national and we came across equal amounts of British, French, German, Belgium and Turkish but that didn't bother us because we don't really want to go on holiday to socialise with other guests. We made use off all the free activities like cannoeing and pedaloes. We also went off the site to see Turkey itself. A shopping trip to Kusudassi is well worth the 40min dolmus ride and a boat trip is definatly your thing if you like to sunbath, visit beautiful locations and have a bbq. We only had a week and i would recommend 10 days as we wanted to visit the hot springs and maybe Ephasus. Ozdere village is a 5min walk away just up a small hill or easy to reach bu dolmus which comes by every few mins tooting at you to see if you want a lift.Good for nipping in shops but not great if you want all the good quality fakes which are found in Kusudassi. The only things i would day bad are the shop owners try to drag you in there shops, one shopping trip we went in a group of only 2 and got pulled in for tea, chats and shown every item and always ended up buying things. Also do not give you bags to anyone as they try to grab them at the airport and charge for walking it up a small hill to the buses. The Belboys at the hotel where also a bit shocking. You didn't get a choice as they took your bags off you when you arrive and bring them up 5mins later and then linger until you tip them. Tips should be an option. A fantastic resort and i would definatly go back if it wasn't for the limited availability and steep summer holiday charges."

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by leanne6648

The best hotel we've ever been to

"We came back from the club sultan two days ago and are already booking to go back in October. We had an amazing time and I cannot find a single bad thing to say about the hotel. I was apprehensive after reading other reviews but could not believe people could moan so much about small things when we thought it was amazing! There are a lot of French but also enough English that we didn't feel too outnumbered. The entertainment was fantastic and yes some of it was in other languages but still easy to follow and the animation team were brilliant at including everybody in the shows so we throughly enjoyed each and every one. The kids club reps were brilliant and our children (who are normally quite shy and reserved) enjoyed themselves everyday and even ended up on the stage dancing by the end of the week.

The hotel is maintained and cleaned to a high standard and our room was cleaned and we were given fresh towels daily.

The food was great with a large and varied choice everyday and although the food was not typically English (no bacon and sausage at breakfast) why would there be its Turkey?! We always enjoyed our meals and even our fussy kids managed to eat more than enough each day.

The complex is huge and there are a lot of hills and steps (my legs were aching for the 1st few days)but the gorgeous setting makes up for the walking involved. The pools are massive (even the kids section)and the infinity pool in stunning and there more than enough sun loungers (and beach towels are provided) to go round without having to get up early to put your towels out. Granted the main slides are only open for and hour in the morning and in the afternoon but we did not find this a problem because by the time you had run up the steps a few times you had had enough anyway! The childrens slides were open all day.

The beaches were lovely and another added bonus was the pedalos and canoes to use for free and for a small charge there were a whole variety of other watersports available.

There was so much to do we didn't feel the need to leave the hotel so we only ventured out of the hotel once for a shopping trip to Kusadasi which was a another great experience.

All in all this is a great hotel and I would definately recommend it to my friends and family.

• Holiday details: May 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by wriggers

Perfect Holiday

"With the reviews so varied, I arrived with a very open mind, but was not disappointed. Excellent food, beautifully presented. Our large room had a fantastic sea view. The large grounds were very well maintained. All staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. The whole site was kept spotlessly clean.

Yes, it did have a high proportion of french, although there were also a fair few germans and belgians, but we chose to go abroad for heaven's sake so why would we expect it to be anything other than foreign! Some of this hotel's detractors should go no further than an english bed and breakfast close to a McDonalds...

The point about the porters on arrival at Izmir airport is a valid one, however. Hang on to your luggage unless you are prepared to haggle to get it back!

So, go with an open mind and look forward to being pampered, well looked after, well fed and relaxed.

• Holiday details: May 2009, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by rambledaran

1 2 36 »

Map for Paloma Club Sultan Ozdere Closest airport: Izmir (ADB) 19.2 miles

Top traveller tips for Paloma Club Sultan Ozdere
  • by annhill

" having a bus trip to kusadashi and having a proper full english breakfast at the mayflower. "

• by rambledaran

" Ephesus "

• by leanne6648

" Kusudassi shopping "

• by dward

" Adeland water park and dolphin show "

• by Surrey Lady

" Freezing swimming pools in October so be aware when booking our of season. "

• by a fellow traveller

" The town of Ozdere itself has little to offer, but there are frequent local buses to venture further "