Pontins Brean Sands

Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Pontins Brean Sands

1 2 351 »
s..t hole

"Sick in the Men's toilets which was left for two days,slow and inexperienced bar service,accommodation..bedroom smelt of urine,mold and ripped curtains,no door on wardrobe,shower head needed descaling,dirty walls throughout,a slab of uncomfortable plastic to sleep on,sleeping on bed in bedroom was best described as sleeping on a bag of pebbles,patio door hard to open making this a fire hazard,could not get clear picture on TV and not enough plug sockets.awful baby changing facilities,dirty changing area in swimming pool,sticky and dirty tables in club,poor booking in system when checking in,half of the machines not working in club..groups of chaps making lots of noise at stupid clock in the morning with security turning a blind eye.the whole place looks run down and should of been demolished year ago...benefit city comes to mind."

• Holiday details: Apr 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: take a big big bottle of bleach and a peg for your nose
by Chantelle C

disgusting

"My husband and I booked Pontins through the sun ,we have used sun holidays before and have always been happy with everything ,but as soon as we got here place looked run down ,staff hanging around the buildings smoking in front of guests ,but when we got to the chalet which was a nightmare with having to park a walk away from it and having lots of bags etc to carry I was appalled ,the place was dirty and just made me feel grubby the worst was the bed with stains on it ,we complained and was told nothing could be done til next day we ended up on sofa bed that night which was not ideal seeing I am pregnant ,we ate out that night because I didn't want to chance the food which looked awful and as for the entertainment area I didn't even want to sit at a table they were dirty ,chairs ripped paint peeling off everywhere ,ended up going back to chalet and ended up checking out first thing in the morning I was worried I would get ill from the place being so dirty ,this place should be shut down and health and safety should come and have a look ,we have since wrote a email to Pontins to complain and as of yet not even had a email back to say sorry ,poor show"

by Sarah V

Knock It Down

"Never again what a dump cant believe it hasn't been condemned. Rooms were awful, black walls, broken furniture etc.

Beer awful didn't bring myself to try the food

• Holiday details: Mar 2015, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont bother
by Rachel E

Manager wouldn't let a dog live here!

"Disgusting, disgraceful and should be flattened. Those people who have commented on here and have made positive reviews were an exception, there are obviously some more modern clean apartments, but they must be far a few between. Our 3 night New Year stay was originally priced at £359 according to Groupon before their discount. Not exactly peanuts and therefore we did not suspect what was to come. The extra £35 upgrade on top of what we paid afforded us a small, compact, smelly, foisty and black walled 'apartment'. I say apartment, but the whole space would have fitted in my living room. I am therefore offended by people who say you get what you pay for and that the visitors must have made them filthy. These places are not fit for purpose, our only fault was being naive enough to think Pontins was on par with Haven and Hoseasons. There is no possibility of covering walls , skirting boards etc with black mold without there being some serious problem of condensation and damp. The manager, who we took to our accommodation, exclaimed his surprise at the black walls and peeling paint and said he wouldn't let a dog live there. I suspect the only people to enjoy such surroundings would be cockroaches. The manager subsequently forgot this when we complained as he blamed the fact on us receiving our keys too early. If we hadn't got our keys early, we would have been directed to different rooms, as if. Surprising really when the staff on the desk told us they were fully booked and there were no rooms to move us to. We were moved, to the old storage unit which was actually clean and fresh and newly developed to little bedsits and didn't look as if it had been used. I'm guessing this as the key we were given wouldn't lock the door so assume it had recently been cut but not used. It was at the back by the bins, but by this time, we were grateful for anything clean and non-smelling. Due to the fact that nothing has been done despite all the complaints and the obvious lack of care for the health and well being of the people who stay there, I will be pushing for the Environmental Health department to pay this site a visit."

• Holiday details: Dec 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Book into the place next door.
by Julie G

In The Words Of Dione Warwick - WALK ON BY !

"Booked for 1 night - stayed for 1 hr ! Room smelt like the Gents toilet at Charing Cross station. Pillows stained and grey , dirty microwave - I could go on but what is the point. Is anyone from either Pontins or Britannia Hotels actually reading any of the comments left here or are we all just wasting our time. How are they still open and taking peoples money in this day and age. Is there anyone out there who can stop them ? It really would appear not. They are a law unto themselves and I actually believe that the top management at Britannia cant believe how they are still getting away with it ! If you Google Pontins Brean Sands Food Hygiene Rating you will see they actually scored a 0. How can a food outlet score 0 and NOT be shut down.

I'm in process of claiming a refund - between you and me I am not hopeful as they don't give a flying fig about their customers. Still -passes those cold winter nights. Could be worse - could be at Pontins

• Advice: Cut your head off before check in
by Mozza99

it needs knocking down

"Worst place ever filthy dirty health hazard obviously health and safety haven't paid a visit for years otherwise would def.be knocked down . Rooms moldy.damp and smelly. Behind bed obviously not been cleaned since place was built as thick with damp mold. Cloths get all damp and smelly had to clean place with bleach before we could even think about staying in the place. On arrival the whole place look drab,dirty ,and almost derelict,shops had hardly anything in and nothing else was open even though it was meant to be a full camp. Walked into club room sat down and nearly stuck to table as no one go round cleaning them. Left early as could not cope with another night in a wet bed. Staff very unhelpful and unapproachable ."

• Holiday details: Oct 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Knock down and rebuild and then employ staff that really want to be there and cleaners who know how to clean
by Anne C

Do not waste your money or time ....

"What a absolute disgrace.. I turned up at the park on booking day and only two receptionists were serving.. the queue was VERY long.. Perhaps they should look at man power considering it is booking day! The timetable was photocopied which is fine if you can read it (or copy it straight would be a good idea). The timetable was a week out of date so the entertainment was totally wrong.

We found our 'apartment' and the stench as the doors opened (I can not describe, I am on the 2nd round of washing clothes repeatedly). The wall paper was peeling, the dirt between the cooker and unit was awful (fridge can be pulled out easily). The mold in the skylight was the highlight.

We ventured to the swimming pool with my child and a young girl was organizing a queuing system and explained we would have to wait. Only waited for 10 minutes but upon walking into the changing areas the floor was black with dirt and sodden.. The pool looked OK but there was only one lifeguard on and even then she was sat at the shallow end?? No one was manning the slide which was a cause of concern as there was plenty of crashes and pile ups. The only blessing was the hot watered showers. I only went to reception twice to ask a question the elder lady was VERY rude and unhelpful. To think of it I didn't see any staff a round the site apart from 8 security guards in one the shed by entrance.. Pity they did not catch the man smoking a spliff nearby. The food in 'queen vic' I would not feed my cat with.. Luckily we found a lovely pub opposite called the place, highly recommend. We ventured back into the Queen Vic for a coffee and it got served in takeaway cups ? I had to ask for a proper cup as was staying in to drink it. I sat down and noticed mushrooms etc.. breakfast food under most of the tables which clearly had not been cleared up even though they had relaid the tables. This was 3pm.. I asked for a packet of crisps and they had nothing and were not re stocking the shelf ??

That evening my son was really sick, probably due to the swimming pool or stench of the chalet. My child wanted to have a go at crazy golf.. Well not sure if you could call it that.. Very run down even the sport hall equipment was broken or needed replacing. I went into the kids club as a Halloween craft activity was taking place. My son went to get some pens and they were either broken or run out, even the pencils were blunt or broken. I asked it there were anymore and the reply was no ! The toilets in the main area was disgusting, the nappy bin was brimming over and dirt in the loos .. yuck... We left a day early as could not bear it another day. Please please be aware do not holiday in Pontins Brean . I certainly will not be doing a Pontins holiday again.. I can not believe that they are allowed to open. I have informed environmental health.

• Holiday details: Oct 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Take a nose peg, scrubbing brush, bleach and DO NOT eat there.
by Jo A

avoid at all cost

"In summary the place is run down and dirty. The food is absolutely disgusting. The staff are scruffy and rude. The Shallet was satisfactory clean with exception of the floor which was dirty. (My daughters socks were black with dirt after about five minutes of removing her shoes). The floors throughout the complex were filthy dirty and worn. I have complained to Pontins and they haven't even responded. My regret is not reading the reviews (all bad of course)which would of course saved us from visiting this place from hell. Many people are struggling to get a refund, according to most reviews. We will NEVER go to Pontins again at any time on any site EVER. Pontins doesn't even come close in comparison to Haven, so Haven it is from now on."

• Holiday details: Oct 2014
  • Advice: go out of the complex, there is some nice sites to visit ie. chedder gorge,
by Jo G

Worst camp ever

"We have just come back from Pontins at Brean Sands what a joke. Dirty chalet half the kitchen stuff missing. Fridge disgusting and stinking.

I went to reception to complain and they said they would go and check and re clean the chalet. Yes they put a new fridge in but no cleaning done. This camp really needs a complete makeover or knocking down and rebuilt. My husband and I went about 13yrs ago and it was not to bad so we went back with our daughter and our grandchildren and even our 11 and 10 year old grandsons said how dirty it was and that they wanted to go home. Food in restaurant looked like slop.Friday at 7pm when everyone was arriving the Fish and Chip shop had no fish or much else to eat.Not enough bar staff and the ones that were there were so fed up they could not be bothered. I will never ever book a Pontins holiday again all carpets were dirty and sticky my dogs bed is cleaner. We left a night early as it was so bad. My husband has taken pictures of the gents toilets in the club house as they were disgusting and ladies were not much better. Only plus was Friday entertainment Jon Clegg was brilliant the rest of our stay was spent away from the camp. Poor Poor Poor do not go there. Health and safety should pay a visit and the food and hygiene.So its back to Haven or ParkDean holiday camps for us

• Holiday details: Sep 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: A Newly built camp
by Pauline F

lovely holiday.

"Totally ignore all reviews we have just returned from Pontins which I tried to cancel after reading all the reviews on here, I took all my own bed linen and bleach ready and was dreading it, the apartment was lovely and clean the food was lovely. we looked in all the other apartments as we passed while the cleaners were in and they all looked nice and clean, I would definitely would go again."

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, booked with majestic
by Veronica J

Reality Check

"Okay Reality Check.

We only paid 219.00 quid so did not really expect 5 star, we were not disappointed in that respect. As many of the previous comments have stated the chalets are caught in a time warp, I expected Sue Pollard to leap out of the wardrobe with a cheery greeting as we arrived.

Pros and Cons?

Pros.

1. It was cheap.

2. Beach and area's of interest around the park fantastic.

3. Kids had a great time and the fact they were happy meant we turned a blind eye to the poor condition of the complex.

4. The food was a good quality but the organization in the main food hall was very poor and if not for the good food at a great price would have kept me away.

Cons.

1. Staff are all working under pressure and in many respects going through the motions, clearly unhappy with the conditions they have to try and defend and clearly worn down by the volume of complaints they are receiving daily.

2. I work at a large school and am involved with the running of maintenance and repairs so I have a lot to do with health and safety, if this park has been checked recently then the officer involved should be sacked.

3. Cleanliness in respect of all outside areas of the park, the apartment's, the main buildings is pretty poor.

4. The main entertainment hall "The Fun Factory" was filled to the point that no safe and secure passages of exit were available should evacuation been required for emergency reasons. On top of this children are allowed to use scooters in this area under the noses of security staff as they whizz between tables and toddlers crawling on the floors, madness!!!!

Conclusion!

In this life you get what you pay for but even at 219.00 quid I expected the place to be clean, up-together and enough staff on site to provide a reasonable service. Pontins, on all points you failed. Not sure what the managements plans are with this dinosaur because they are stuck between the rock of their low pricing and the hard place of competition and public expectation. To bring this camp up to an expect-able level would take an investment of nose bleed proportions. One of three things is going to happen with this camp.

A. They are going to dig into their pockets and make the long term investment and revamp the entire site.

B. They will run it into the ground (Not far to go) and then sell the site.

C. Have their hands forced when health and safety or public condemnation close them down.

I shall watch with bated breath.

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Keep your expectations low and bring cleaning gear with you.
by Michael W

dont go to pontins

"This place should be blown up worse holiday ever i will never go to Pontinsever again nothing good to say don't go there very dirty place."

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: keep away
by Eileen D

1 2 351 »

Map for Pontins Brean Sands Closest airport: Bristol (BRS) 13.7 miles

Traveller photo of Pontins Brean Sands Traveller photo of Pontins Brean Sands Traveller photo of Pontins Brean Sands Pontins Brean Sands photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Pontins Brean Sands
  • by David Malpas

" As they are celebrating 65years try not to get one of the original quarters.And better still dont go. "

• by Harryl

" If you have transport, try not to shop in the near vicinity, take what you can with you. (site shop 95p - 1litre milk) "

• by toothnurse

" Get out of the park in the day "

• by turbotripper

" Hungry Horse was a good place to eat. Especially the £1 menu for kids on Tuesdays. "

• by Jodie Sivier

" IF you must go, take your own cleaning products, beds and bedding. "

• by Nick Close Up

" If its the last holiday park left on earth give it a miss! "

• by detox

" take cleaning stuff from home. the local supermarket will milk you dry. take your own vegetarian food. "

• by User2012

" visit Weston Super Mare! lovely day out. "