Pontins Brean Sands

Location: 6.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Pontins Brean Sands

1 2 349 »
NEVER AGAIN

"Have just been to Pontins for the half term on sun holiday and thank goodness I didn't pay anymore as it was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed.

check in is nothing like I have ever witnessed before, the chalet on entering had bits of skirting hanging off, the bathroom was definitely not that clean, there was no brush or mop and the ironing board was stuck open, the windows did not open in the lounge area, the smoke alarm in the kids bedroom was hanging open as there was no battery in it and to top it all off after the 2nd day of staying a colony of ants appeared in the double bedroom.

the lack of staff around the whole site was clearly visible, the amusements were shocking to say the least, not manned and the shop for kids to change their tickets was hardly ever open, the floors were dirty and rubbish everywhere.

the staff did not seem to care if you did say anything to them and seemed lifeless like they didn't want to be there either.

nothing professional about the place.

would never go there again

• Holiday details: May 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont stay there
by Littleforest

Sh*t Hole....

"Upon arrival I was greeted by 100 Jeremy Kyle hopefuls swearing, shouting and smoking 1 meter away from a group of children...a regular sight during our brief stay

After waiting for a few hours to get keys to our 3 bed 'apartment' we found it wasn't large enough for our group of 8 (despite advising them of the number when booking!) ... we then found circa 10 rolled but UN-smoked cannabis rolls on our doorstep and a few pins on the floor complimented by a big hole in the bedroom door along with general uncleanliness/filth

We decided to leave having paid for the holiday upfront and traveled to nearby Bristol. I was told they would not issue us a refund on site and the manager was less than helpful, not surprising the lady on reception initial told us to inspect our room first and come back if there were any issues...something she must have assumed would happen, but I suppose after hearing a woman request a refund for refusing to try a seventh room to stay in (the first 6 were filthy apparently and there was a dog in one them!) it was no surprise...

I was naive not to check it out before I went but from childhood memories I thought it was ok and bearable for 2 days with the family...however, my only 2 queries after 30 years away from the place is

1) have they cleaned anywhere since I was last there

2) why haven't they Nuked the place ?

AVOID even if you are offered a stay for free

Thanks

• Advice: none
by holidaybrett

Run run run

"Staff are a joke park dirty rooms not cleaned and full of rubbish from family before floors are so dirty you stick to them cooker you would not cook on dirty oven black and thick with dirty the check in Staff are rude and need to be giving some customer care training there all rube and if you complain. They sad don't talk to me like that when you have only asked for a clean room (I THINK ITS HOW THEY TRY TO GET OUT OF IT ) not a sorry noting there all rude and the so called manger well he has to be the most horribly person you could or want to talk to the park should be closed down and staff sent to the moon because there all on a others planet ... If they think them horribly dirty holes they call apartments. Are fit to sleep in TV that don't work beds full of holes grass not cut rubbish all over the park drunks on the trampoline at midnight people walking in your apartment as they have been giving the second key as the check in staff are to busy tell every one not to talk to them like that or maybe get them all some spec so they can read the numbers on the keys so there you have it run run run maybe try park holidays they smile there and a big thank you to the only member of staff that help me and cleaned our room the day after we got there thinking maybe she could take over and run the show ,,, shame on you pontins ,,,,,,,,, maybe the m d ... Would like to try the sand filled bed / sofa himself or a slap up meal ........."

by Lorraine173

not nice,

"Just returned home from holiday at Pontains Brean Sands very disappointed arrived at 3.15 only to be told they were running late was told to go back at 5 o clock only to find a massive que right around the amusement arcade finally got in chalet at 7 pm grandchildren were hungry.electric card would not work had to go up to reception three times had to wait for man to come out to fix it.chalet was smelling of damp very dirty and uncomfortable had to wash all kitchen utensils had no plug for sink cooker was covered in fat disgusting the site is generally run down litter everywhere could be a nice site trust me don't go there."

• Advice: none
by jammymammy

brean is a nice place but pontins a let down

"You get what you pay for.que up for more than a hour to get key and poor sofa bed to sleep on very cheap and you wont be sleeping much on it.site messy run down, had a table problem bad wobble, reported and said they will pop round to fix but never did.Brean was great, kids enjoyed but glad to be back on a bed.never going back to any Pontins as 3rd time I been let down by Pontins"

by Barry C

unfriendly dirty holiday park

"I went here last year 2013 with my little girl.I had to queue up for one hour before i got my key then when i got my luggage to the room the key didn't fit!!The food was vile and again you had to queue up for a least an hour.Rooms were filthy when i went to speak to manager she wouldn't come out the office as so many people had complaints,staff are rude!!!!!"

by deb jane

Worst Holiday Ever!

"I can honestly say this was the worst place I have ever been to. Mold all over the ceiling that had recently been painted over, but could be seen brought it. Mold in both bedrooms, both on the floor with water running brought it, and on ever window and sil in the whole chalet. Bathroom towel rail was condemned with a sticker due to faulty wire plastic cover and faulty fittings, but no one had prevented the isolation switch from being used, so when we arrived and turned the switch on and promptly allowed my child to put towels on it as he missed the tiny 'faulty' sticker on it, god knows how he wasn't shocked or killed! Kitchen was so disgusting that we refused to use it. Side of oven was filthy with what can only be spattered with months of food, debris and dirt. The oven was rusty and had so much dust, dirt and grime it couldn't be used. As we arrived late and didn't notice all of this until the morning, we spoke to the manager who assured us that day it would be cleaned in our absence properly as they didn't have anything else available. Other than the oven side that was cleaned properly, everything else was no cleaned properly. This is an unacceptable level of health, safety and customer service and so upset us all by the whole experience as I have cancer and this was booked as a break to cheer my young children up between chemotherapy."

• Holiday details: Mar 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Check your room out as soon a ou arrive or any problems.
by Claudia1

Never Again

"I admit yesterday was an awful day weather wise but this place is terrible , went to check in two receptionists one dealing with a set of holiday makers , the other receptionist tapping away at a computer completely ignoring us, not looking up from her screen. When we eventually checked in we booked via late rooms !!! No record of our booking ??? What a surprise ! We checked in and got to the chalet OMG !!! Yes was clean but the smell !! And what NO BEDDING. Left my partner to unpack went to enquirer about bedding !!! Oh but you have to pay for the bedding !! Reception advised us to go to purchase the bedding at the site shop . It cost me £20 for bedding x 2 single beds ! Sofa bed !!! What a joke not full size And impossible to sleep on. Needed a carrier bag to carry bedding coke and ice !! They even cost 5pm .

The bedroom with the two single beds was inhabitable STANK to high heaven .

I am back home now thank god , but feel so unclean and dirty . Do not go here.

Would rather have slept on the beach beach was clean and plenty of fresh air.

• Holiday details: Mar 2014
by Kathy B

the last holiday.

"i went to Brean in the past, a few years ago the kids were small and the local scenery and people were lovely. we then went again this was the second time with Pontins in Brean , really looking forward, my god was i sorry, we were next door to a couple that were fighting, there was a load of young lads in a chalet on their own opposite us and had the windows open and blaring music till all hours, when we arrived had to get the cleaners to clean off dog doo of the windows and doors, the wardrobe was smeared in i don't know what, the fridge was broke, so we nearly had food poisoning. it was a disgrace, we also had the kettle plugged in on top of the microwave and no cooking utensils. its an absolute sham. never again, i will go to Brean again as its amazing, but not Pontins ."

by capricorn1

if this is pontins revamped what was it like before!!

"What an absolute disgust, tiny chalet for four of us despite upgrading you sleep and eat in the lounge,kitchen area, bedroom has two small single beds, sofa is what you sleep on which is not even a double. Three flat pillows between four of us you need to pay if you want any more. Disgusting dirty floor full of crisps and hand prints all over mirrors and doors. At 11 am the restaurant staff do not even know what is for lunch as they do not decide until just before 12, so do not ask for menu, food was horrible .

MARK blue coats words to us with two 5 year old (who were upset as they did not seem to be getting any sweets which were handed out to certain chosen kids) were "children need to win and lose i had to as a kid and it never hurt me"(it was not even a competition) very argumentative with us, as my friend said that is parenting skills, the kids are on holiday and he stated who says I'm a parent!!! This man should have a disciplinary!!

All in all a shambles kids entertainment not as planned and there are hidden costs 3 pound for Halloween entertainment which was crap, do not inform anyone there is a cost till you got there, we heard at least 6 other families complain about the same thing. PONTINS you need to close again i think. we came home early

• Holiday details: Oct 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: do not go there
by Michelle W

Don't ever go here if you are disabled

"Mypartner and I are both disabled and unable to walk more than 20 meters,which we informed when booking.we were placed over 300 meters from any parking.in the chalet there was a bath containing a shower overhead,so we had to clamber over the bath.the reception staff were unhelpful and uncaring.we came home after 2 nights."

• Holiday details: Sep 2013, Booked Independently
by Licoriche54

weekend stay at pontins brean sands 6 9 sept 2013

"I think previous reviews have been a little unfair our chalet was very clean grant you only basic but we did not pay 5 star hotel money bed linen pack brand new and you get to keep them we enjoyed the break very much a lovely place to eat opposite the site called the place the Sunday lunch was divine all in all very very good value for money and will not hesitate to book there again we were a party of 4 adults 55yrs 60yrs well done Pontins for value for money don't believe everything you reed on reviews we were pleased considering what we paid well done"

• Holiday details: Aug 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: eqate it to what youve paid
by ann bodycote

1 2 349 »

Map for Pontins Brean Sands Closest airport: Bristol (BRS) 13.7 miles

Pontins Brean Sands photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Pontins Brean Sands
  • by David Malpas

" As they are celebrating 65years try not to get one of the original quarters.And better still dont go. "

• by Harryl

" If you have transport, try not to shop in the near vicinity, take what you can with you. (site shop 95p - 1litre milk) "

• by toothnurse

" Get out of the park in the day "

• by turbotripper

" Hungry Horse was a good place to eat. Especially the £1 menu for kids on Tuesdays. "

• by Jodie Sivier

" IF you must go, take your own cleaning products, beds and bedding. "

• by Nick Close Up

" If its the last holiday park left on earth give it a miss! "

• by detox

" take cleaning stuff from home. the local supermarket will milk you dry. take your own vegetarian food. "

• by User2012

" visit Weston Super Mare! lovely day out. "