Pontins Southport

Shore Road Ainsdale Beach, Southport PR8 2PZ, United Kingdom

Good

Food: 4/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Pontins Southport

1 2 334 »
MAGGOTS in the pool!!!!!!!!!!

"Will not be staying here again!!!

Heaters hanging off the wall, fridge wouldn't close and was leaking water, 3 legs on the sofa bed, shower wouldnt switch off and flooded the bathroom, one window stuck open and rest wouldn't open!!

Absolutely filthy dirty, food was awful so we had to drive off camp to eat.

The bedrooms smelt really bad and the bedding was stained.Our daughter was covered in bites after sleeping in the bed so we all slept on the sofa the second night.

Only giving it a 1 because some of the staff were pleasant.

But the most horrendous moment of the weekend was seeing MAGGOTS in the pool! Asked a member of staff if they were maggots the were sweeping up from around the pool and they replied yes and not to tell anyone!! That to me was the final straw so off home we went

• Holiday details: Sep 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Dont go
by unimpressed

Health hazard!

"Was looking forward to taking my two granddaughters to PONTINS at SOUTHPORT to show them where i had many a happy holiday as a young girl. Was horrified and shocked when checked in to chalet at the absolute filth of it! The curtains and patio doors had thick mould on them.The bedroom windows had mould on too as well as one of the beds! The windows were filthy! The cheap lino on floor had bumps in it that girls kept tripping on! The oven stank and oven door was thick with grease. The fridge and microwave smelt too. We had small old fashioned tv that was supposed to have freeview on it but didnt so granddaughters couldnt watch childrens channels.

Complained to cleaners when arrived but they semed disinterested and said would get housekeeper to come over. I had to go and buy some cleaning materials like bleach and dettol and clean chalet thoroughly before i could unpack and turn the mattress with mould over! Complained to manager who was not really bothered and really rude!He ignored me for 25 minutes before he could be bothered speaking to me, even though one of his staff told him i was waiting to speak to him. He said he would send a housekeeper over and to take my ISSUES up with her but wasnt much they could do about the mould! Very ignorant and rude!

I am absolutely disgusted as payed nearly £400 to upgrade to a club 2 chalet! Goodness knows what their basic chalets look like if that is a Club 2 one! Was just recovering from pneumonia when went and have had a bad chest infection since coming home from there. When showed my doctor my photos i had taken of the filthy chalet-he said my infection was most likely to be from inhaling the spores from the mould! Going to complain to head office and send photos and also to environmental health.

Anyone out there thinking of going - i would strongly reccommend you choose somewhere else if you value your health.

Gill Johnson

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Choose somwhere else-somewhere clean with polite staff!
by Gill J

Couldn't wait to get home

"Well where do I start, after being told that check in was delayed an hour, waited another 2 hours to get the key, finally got in the room at 7pm! Self catering well if you can cook using one pan go for it. Nothing in the room that you could cook with, the room itself was dirty, cooker hadn't been cleaned, rubbish still in the bin, I had to was all the utensils bowls and plates before being able to use them as they all had food on them. Arcade was terrible not enough staff, most of the games were broken, floor was disgusting and the prizes would only suit a child under 8 not good when you have teenagers. Tried the skate park but the equipment was only suitable for small children, the Queen Victoria pub was dirty and even the staff seemed embarrassed. This place should be closed down and you seriously need to check out your website as it paints a picture of a wonderful place which is totally incorrect."

• Advice: dont go
by Zan

Nuke the place

"Didn't even want to give this 1 it was that diabolical,we arrived in the cattle market about 3 we can't book in till 4 that's ok we knew that but OMG how dis-organized can a so called holiday park be,when we got our key finally we went along to our HOVEL ,the grime and dirt,grease down the side of the cooker and all crumbs on the floor was disgusting to use the grill i had to put a saucepan under neath the tray because the fitments were missing .Don't even get me started on the beds and the window what you could not shut in one of the rooms because there was a screw stuck in it.we thought ok its bad we will give it a go for the kids sake they had looked so forward to it,we went around the so called theme park which took all of 5 minutes the over charged eating facilities left a lot to be desired we stood in a que for almost 1 hour to get served and then they had ran out of everything,well overpriced crap was what we got,which went in the bin.so we went to the Nisa supermarket which is all so over priced ,where i didn't get the right change and was robbed by £5 only to be told i was in the wrong and to come back and see the manager this morning,that was the last straw,we packed up and left at one in the morning ,so we checked in at 4pm and was gone by 1am 9 hours of our lives we will never get back.If you want to knock a bottle of lager back while bottle feeding your baby or just drink the day away while the kids run riot and sleep in run down filth this is the holiday for you .NEVER AGAIN i know it is a cheap holiday but i don't expect it that bad,well £188.00 for a bad experience like that isn't cheap.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

• Advice: The beach at Ainsdale which is right outside the complex
by mildredpierce45

never again

"What can I say about this place that has'nt already been said. I had a list of complaints as long as my arm but didn't know where to start. It was an experience and one I will not be repeating. Was like being back in the sixties. How can Pontins justify keeping this place open?"

by Janet H

Manky

"What a dirty dilapidated place . Treated my family to a break here what a disaster. Chalet filthy to many people to accommodation the half board, pay pay pay for everything. PONTINS YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES,

This place should be closed down, they cram 3400 guests in and cannot cope with that amount.

If you're thinking of going DON'T waste you're money go for days out near home .

• Advice: None
by Sandra b

Ok place but full of horrible people who just give their kids money and then drink lager until their hears content

"Pleasant drive up from west Yorkshire and easy place to find but as soon as we got through the main gates all you could see were people drinking cans of lager and kids running around even on the road. Then as we got out of the car outside reception all i could smell is fags. When we went to check in the reception/arcade was boiling and people were pushing in the queue left right and center. We found it easy to check in and Ive got to say the staff are really helpful. We found our room and as soon as i opened the door all i could see was filth all over the kitchen and all over the windows. ADVICE If you dare to visit this place bring at least one plug splitter as 5 of us had to share 3 plug sockets. Also when you wake up in the morning you cant have a cup of tea/coffee and some toast as there is only one plug in the kitchen. We didn't really use and of the on site facilities because 1. You have to pay for literally everything 2. Because everything had cigarette buts and people smoking around them. Overall nice staff and easy to get to but everything was filthy and everywhere stunk of smoke. AVOID AT ALL COSTS"

• Holiday details: Jul 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Bring plenty of bedding and lots of money
by wyorks_BD_19

never again

"Just got back from 6 night at south port,. My son who is autistic was playing while the bingo was on a blue coat approached me and asked me to sit my son down I told him he was autistic and would scream the place down so his answer was you had better leave, I was gob smacked but put a complaint in the following day only for it to be thrown back in my face by the blue coat duty manager well that's what he called himself. We have never had any problems anywhere before and felt our son was being discriminated against by two amateur people who let the side down. Plus the place is so old its like going back in time they walk around with born 2011 I think they mean 1911 that's when the place was built so be aware."

• Holiday details: Jul 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: go to butlins
by Richard C

may 2014

"Stayed in may 2014 didn't pay much and my kids loved it cried when we ad to come home plenty to do for the little 1,s blue coats very helpful and polite not a good selection of food for vegetarians ad to travel into south port to eat beds was a little uncomfortable due to springs bulging out apartment was clean when we arrived and checked in straight away all in all it was a good few days away kids loved it so much going again in Aug 2014."

• Holiday details: May 2014, Booked Independently
by Sophia H

Never again!

"Stayed at 2 sites now. What a dump! Southport itself is a nice place, but Pontins was terrible!

First thing we had to do on arrival was mop up the small lake im the middle of the floor! Then get ripped off purchasing bedding for the beds. To be honest I've thrown better mattresses away!

Could go on but only so many hours in a day!!

by big ian

never again

"went to this place my 4 year son cut his head open, we was on 1st floor and someone opened a window which hit my son in the head as it was evening didn't see no one about to help or complain too so went back to chalet which i had to clean throughout myself to clean him up ,,,went next morning to report accident and was told i should have walked all the way to gate house or have gone to hospital i had to make them write it down in accident book ,,,,place was dirty dining area was covered in food from breakfast at evening meal and your shoes stuck to the floor in the club room never again will i go to

Pontins.

• Holiday details: Jul 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: clean it up,,,better help from staff would have been nice when my 4 year old was hurt
by Julie P

filthy disgusting...

"The 28th of may 2014 ... booked on the spare of moment.. wished to god i nether .was given first price 110.00 for one night hahaha...then was given the room.for 49.00 for three people good .got to south port not good

soon as I walked in to reception should have walked straight back out .but thought no give it ago ..we were due to book in at 4pm asked if could book earlier said no but asked manager he said. no problem as i had told him i had only been there ten minutes and customers were saying don't do it ..go home.got to room opened door all the way around the room was powder to stop the ants and slugs which were still in this powder.. had to eat at chippy there .disgusting we are all ill with stomach trouble ..today please be careful want you eat .the place is filthy had to sleep with are towels and are on covers thank god we took ..on us sleep didn't get any couldn't stop thinking about the ants ..did tell the receptionist about this his answer was you are down by the sea... i have had food poison before and it feels just the same .going to write to manager and if there's no joy i will raise the issue with .......and see want they do ..your the Renshaws.. i have got photo but i wont submit until had a reply from sight..

• Holiday details: May 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont go
by hannahhannah

1 2 334 »

Map for Pontins Southport Closest airport: Liverpool John Lennon (LPL) 11.5 miles

Pontins Southport photos (10 traveller photos)
Top traveller tips for Pontins Southport
  • by izzy-claire

" Southport Pier, Splash World "

• by beverleyt

" Mama Mias and the beach were the highlight "

• by wadsleyowl

" Pizza Express in Southport was lovely, staff v friendly "

• by 58829008

" we travelled to chester zoo and the kids loved it "

• by mags

" you get what u pay for great for kids "

• by charl86

" blackpool for the day or the beatles story in liverpool "

• by clickycat

" Pop to Farmer Teds in Ormskirk - great for kids loads of activities and hands on with the animals "

• by Claire Lynch

" better if you can drive so you not tied to the complex and you can go and explore rest of southport as apart from beach nothing local "