Amarylis

Food: 9.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Amarylis

1 2 36 »
As good as ever

"We returned here after a two year gap to find it was just as good as we remembered.Clean apartments,Great pool,good food cooked by Anna & plenty of laughs with Joseph & lewis.Ideal location for shops,restaurants & bars,Popeyes being our favourite again.I am confident we will be returning."

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
by kazel

big thankyou

"Anna,Louis,Josepi and Nicos,Thankyou.What a truely great advert for sincerity you are.

We have holiday`d in Tsilivi for 21 years.We have enjoyed the friendly welcome from almost every venue,none more so than the great feeling of joy and happiness we got from your family.

Kind Regards

Tony,Mandy and Hari.WALES!

by macky25

fantastic holiday

"we have just returned from our holiday on 15-8-2011. after reading the reviews i wasnt expecting very much at all but was really surprised, although very basic the rooms were very clean and the maids came in every day, they speak very little english but were still very friendly, the owners of the hotel we only ever saw once and that was when we were checking in but my 5 year old daughter made friends with their teenage son and he was very friendly. the best part of the resort was annas pool bar. anna her husband nikos and her two sons joseph and louie couldnt have been any nicer my two girls loved anna, they were all lovely especially louie, we finished our nights off at annas bar having a laugh with louie, we have made sure we will keep in touch, my family will deff be going back next year"

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
by nicky

Great holiday had by all

"Visited first week of main school hols and it was not overly busy. Apts are basic but very clean, and quite large for a studio. Travelled with my own family, parents and sister and her family (with a 1yr old baby)and every one of us thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing time. I have to say though, the wonderful family who own the pool bar made the holiday for us - they make you feel really welcome, and even bought me a small gift when it was my birthday.People have said they thought the family only made you welcome if you spent money, but this is their living and they work very hard - Anna is there from 7.30 every day and doesn't leave till midnight! I don't think it's asking much to spend a little money with them, the prices are very reasonable at the pool bar, especially for snacks - Annas pitta is delicious!Please don't let any review put you off coming here, if you're prepared to mix with the locals they make you very welcome. Forgot to say, the apts are VERY well located, right in the middle of Tsilivi, and if you're like us, and you have people in your party who can't walk that far, it's ideal for the restaurants as you only have to walk at most 5 or 10 mins to eat - there are even restaurants directly next door and across the street. We can't wait to return - even my fussy kids (14yr old and 9 yr old) didn't want to come home."

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
by julier01

nice family as long as your spening money with them

"we arrived on june the 16th 2011 we were very pleased with the hotel at first glance, bedrooms were clean and spacious got on very well with joe and anna louis was a bit arrogant probably due to his age i think he got the impression because we were young he could talk to us how he liked and we should laugh along with him. then a cou;le days into the holiday our children wete given two inflatables by a friend of anna which we thought was very kind then two days later the two inflatables were hangin by the pool side so i went and pulled them down for the kids to play, then i was confronted by joe who had a stinking attitude and was told i couldn,t take them and that i had to pay. Then to top it off as we thought our bedding was getting changed every day it was only on the last day we folded up the sheets for the maids realised that it hadn,t and that they only turned it inside out, and also noticed a big patch of blood on the pillow and urine stains on the mattress.the phrase self catering cannot be spoken about this hotel because there is nothing to cater with i.e no toasters or cookers which in my opinion i think is a ploy to buy from the pool bar. all in all tsilivi is a beautiful place but i wouldn,t be paid to stay in the amaryllis apartments again so please think twice and read the reviews very carefully before booking up here......."

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, self catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: think twice there is a lot more nicer apartments than this
by brett landers

This was our 5th time at Amarylis

"Just got back from a weeks stay at Amarylis Apartments and we loved every minute of it.

Firsty the apartments are basic like any other's in Greece,but they are comfortable and clean, a few reviewer's have complained about the owner's of the apartment's being rude to guest's?, well all I can say is that they have always been friendly and polite while we have been staying there. The rooms are cleaned reguarly and have kettle and heating ring's(if you want to cook on your holiday!).

The pool area is run seperatly by Anna and her two sons Joseph & Louis, they will make you feel very welcome, the atmospere is very relaxed either sitting by the pool or enjoing a Mythos in the bar.

Anna's breakfast's are a must (especially if you have had a pint too many the night before!!)

Anna's pita is also recommended, we had quite a few of these for lunch over the week (lovely!!)

I have been to Zante many times over the years staying in Lagana's & Kalamaki but since we found this gem back in 2004 we just keep coming back.

There are plenty of nice resturant's in Tsilivi but the best we have found up to now are "Olive Garden" near a bar called That Bar & Apollon. Their greek cuisine is cheap and plentyful and most importantly delicious.

Tsilivi also has a lovely sandy beach that gently shelves in to the sea.

Rough Price's 2011

Mythos Pint 3 euros

Full English Breakfast with toast,Juice & Tea/Coffee 4.95 euros

Meal for 2 inc starter & main(greek dish) inc drink 23 euros

Guiness/John Smiths etc 5 euros per pint

Cigarettes 200 Mayfair 34 euros

Metaxa 3 star 13 to 20 euro's (seems to vary from shop to shop).

Paul McDonagh & Sylvia Wilson

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Endulge in the Greek way of life, and enjoy yourself!
by Paul & Sylvia

Loved it!!

"Just got back 6/6/2011 we had a fantastic time. Although very basic, it had everything we needed. We had a couple of problems with our room at first but nothing major and it was sorted by the owner very quickly. The rooms were cleaned every day by the maids and always tidy. Pool area very clean and tidy. Nice for families as all the beds are around the pool and children can always be seen. The Pool Bar that is owned by anna and her familiy was amazing! They are all so friendly and make you feel welcome. They organized a Greek BBQ and Dance night for people and it was such a good night and it gave us a chance to talk to other people that was staying in the apartments. Will be going back again 100%

Helen

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, Self catering, booked with Thomas Cook
by heleng85

Loved these Apartments!!!

"I have just arrived home from staying at the Amaryllis yesterday 30/5/11.

I could not fault these Apartments at all,Rooms were large and kept very clean! kitchen area is a bit small but I managed to cook on it no problem, got a big fridge too and 2 hops to cook with and also the bathroom was a good size.

I got a bit cold at night so I asked for an extra fleece for my bed and I got one straight away with no Problem! Nico the owner was a lovely man!

As for Anna's pool bar being unfriendly that's total nonsense! she could not have been nicer! I loved Anna! Brilliant lady, makes you feel so welcome, everyone who was staying at these apartments loved her! great cook too with very reasonable prices too. Her son Joseph works there too and he is also very nice and makes a great Pina Colada!

The maids work Very hard and do a great job, the Apartments were always thoroughly cleaned everyday!

I would return to theses Apartments in a Flash infact we are already planning this for next May!

I had a Great Holiday in Tsilivi, Amaryllis has a great location, right next to all the Bars,Restaurants and shops and maybe a 10 minute walk to the Beach.

I hope this review helps as we felt a bit wary of going to these Apartments by the other reviews but we were so happy here and WILL definitely return

Look out for Magdalena's Bar, a really good laugh in there and lovely staff, The Family Restaurant was Lovely,so friendly with AMAZING food and good prices and Athena Restaurant was lovely too

If your looking to book a boat trip to the shipwreck or any other trips look out for Nefis travel on the way to the beach, Jackie the owner is great and has stories for everything which makes it even more interesting and fun. They also have very competitive prices.

I Loved Tsilivi, lovely Resort, Great for Families, couples or any one who wants to chill, Nightlife is what you make it really, if you want a nice meal and a cocktails its great for that or if you want a night out drinking and dancing its good for that too, if your looking for a big clubbing resort in Zante go to Laganas as Tsilivi is too small and not as loud as Laganas

These Apartments and this Resort get a 10/10 from us!

Jenna and Jennifer

• Holiday details: May 2011, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
by Jen1984

Typical 2*

"Let's start with the positives:

1. Room very very clean with maids that work endlessly

2. Central in the resort - very good location for restaurants, bars, and the beach (only 5 mins walk)

3. The pool is extremely clean

Moving on to the negatives:

1. Reception staff don't want to know you

2. Anna and the poolbar - she will happily confront you and challenge you to buy food/drink from the poolbar. If you don't she is intent on arguing with you about this. I don't think she understands the concept of SELF catering. It is very uncomfortable being pressurised into buying something you don't want.

3. There are no lifts so if you are on the top floor it may be difficult to get your suitcases up there.

4. Battle of the sunbeds - Never anywhere have I experienced sunbeds that already have towels on them at 1am!!! This leads me onto number 5.....

5. 3 sides of the pool have sunbeds on them. 1 side is constantly in the shade from 10.30am onwards. Thus meaning everyone fights for the other 2 sides.

6. It can hardly be called a self catering apartment when the kitchen area (if I can call it that) is hidden behind the door with no room for anything.

7. If you like to have a shower curtain. This is not the place for you. It doesn't have them. Also it is a handheld shower.

8. Safety deposit box is extremely expensive.

9. Not really a criticism of the hotel but be mindful that behind the apartments there is a joyful cockrel and a constantly crying dog.

If you like friendly bars I would strongly recommend - THAT BAR!! Helen, Trish and Carol are brilliant with quizzes, race nights, sports coverage and great music. Also with a free pool table and table tennis for the kids.

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Tsilivi brilliant...Amarylis poor
by latek

good place

"After reading all bad reviews i went expecting the worst but after arriving was pleasently surprised to find such a clean pleasent place very small kitchen area but everything good pressure put on you by anna to buy from pool bar but just do what you want very nice area no night noise manager and family very quiet but helpful

DONT BE PUT OFF BY THE BAD REVIEWS

• Holiday details: Aug 2007, Room Only, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: worth a visit
by Al

Overall not bad

"We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Amarylis appartments in Tsilivi.

Like some have already said after reading some reviews on here we weren't sure what to expect, on arrival we were shown our rooms by the 15 yr old son of the owner who was pleasant enough but his English is poor. We had 2 rooms, 2 people in one and 3 in the other. We were not aware that the 3rd person in one room would be sleeping on a 'put me up' bed, she is a 16 yr old 'adult' and a pull out bed wasnt really suitable for her, the first one was broken so we requested another one which we got but was not much better!

We found Anna and her family to be friendly and pleasant, I will say though that she does like you to spend money with her especially if you intend to use the pool and sun beds, I personally dont like this set up where the pool is completley separate from the accommation, it makes you feel uncomfortable if you use the pool and not buy a drink from the bar. My partner asked for a sunshade oneday and Anna implyed that she had been working all day while we laid on sunbeds and that we should buy a drink! I will add though that we never laid on the beds all day like some did!

The pool itself is lovely, kept very clean and well maintained.

Tsiliv is a lovely resort, it has loads of great restaurants and shops. The touting outside the restaurants every night can become a bit much by the end of 2 weeks!

If you intend to do a boat trip and visit the caves and the turtles then I highly recommend that you do it with Captain Spyros Kaponis of the original Levante, you will find him at the harbour or further down the street past popeyes, he only takes 35 passengers unlike the big boats that cram loads on, he gives a very personnal touch and can take you right into the caves, hes the best! We thouroughly enjoyed his trip.

The appartments are very basic but kept clean, the maids work very hard all day long, we didnt use a safety deposit box, had nothing stolen and dont believe anyone went through out stuff.

I will say though that the appartments can be quite noisey, we were on the ground floor and could near people going up and down the stairs quite loudly, slamming doors was a problem and sometimes noise from the pool bar in the early hours, there seemed to be no 'cut off' time when the bar shut, they seemed to stay open while people were still buying, the pool shuts around 6.30ish.

I would def visit the area again but would try other accommodation.

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Very beautiful area
by sarah1005

Lovely people, amazing holiday

"Just returned from Tsilivi, where i stayed at the Amarylis and i must say that Anna, Josif, Louis and Nikos are lovely, friendly people. Not to mention Anna's great cooking. They are all good with children, and extrememly helpful when you need them. The pool is kept impecibly clean by Nikos, and the entire family work so hard to keep their business going. I would definately recommend the amarylis to families or couples.

There are also a number of amazing resteraunts and bars, where i was made to feel welcome. Paradise cocktail bar is a lot of fun, and piero's do lovely mexican fajitas. I hope you take my advice and stay in Amarylis, you wont regret it! (and as they would say in paradise: you can never leave!)

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Stay here, and you wont regret it
by Ambi94

1 2 36 »

Map for Amarylis

Amarylis photos (9 traveller photos)