Serita Beach Hotel

Stayed at Serita Beach Hotel?

Share your opinion.

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Food: 8/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Serita Beach Hotel

« 1 2 3 4 »
On arrival you think very nice, soon...

"On arrival you think very nice, soon changes. Room tiny for family room, 4 beds in one room is surely a studio not a family room. Rats are around the hotel, yes rats, they have traps in place, and we were greeted by one on arrival. There was rat poo everywhere too; this was not cleaned all week even after several requests.

Food is dull and no choice for children at all, thankfully there is an excellent pizza place on site, that’s the only good thing.

Pools are all very salty, and you walk around them at your own risk, the tiles around all pools are very very slippery even for adults, I was sick of telling my children to be careful.

You have to buy bottled water as water given to you by the hotel is tap water, and that’s all inc.

Beach is non existent; it was not like picture at all. If you walk along beach road as brochure calls it you will be lucky if not killed by quad bikes or cars they drive very fast along the road.

This is not a 4* hotel by no means I would barely give it 2 it was graded when first built I think.

by L Smith

Serita Beach hotel to me was pretty...

"Serita Beach hotel to me was pretty good. To be fair before I went on this holiday I had seen all the reviews and started to worry about it, but I thought the hotel was really nice and reception looked lovely. The poolside wasn’t as slippy as I thought it would be. Also better food quality than I thought. Some members or staff could have smiled more or been more pleasant but otherwise most of the staff were friendly and more than helpful.

I went to this hotel with my 3 friends and we all agreed the hotel and holiday itself turned out better than we expected and we would love to come back again for another holiday. But maybe to stay more than a week, and the whole thing about getting drinks whenever you want just made our holiday.

by CM Mitchel

Although I don't think it rates as a...

"Although I don't think it rates as a 5 star hotel - the staff make it one. They were absolutely brilliant especially Maria who cleaned room 252, Rula in the Restaurant, Kostas at the Beach Bar, all the bar staff and the animation team.

They were so friendly, I had fell and had black eyes my whole holiday and the staff could not have been more helpful or considerate, asking me every time how I was feeling.

We had a great time there, the food was good and the service excellent.

We miss them all already!!!!

by L McKean

Fully Inclusive snacks booze,...

"Fully Inclusive snacks booze, breakfast/lunch/dinner £375 each through Lastminute.com flights and transfers all included :)

To summarise a good 3* hotel - DEFINATELY NOT A 4 OR 5*.

If your looking for somewhere to chill out get decent sun this is a good bet if you can get it at the above price.

Not many English at the hotel, had people from all over the world there, but this makes a nice change..

FOOD EXCELLENT, BEER EXCELLENT, other all inclusive drinks were OK.

Waitress/er service at bar and restaurant was faultless.

BAD POINTS:-

Nightime Entertainment was AWFUL... AND I MEAN AWFUL - they wouldn't get an audition at Butlins.

Hotel reception staff had a bit of attitude, someone had their wallet nicked from their room, reception told them to make a trip to the local police station 20 mins away.

by Michael John

My husband, myself, our 7 year old...

"My husband, myself, our 7 year old daughter and 14 year old son spent the best holiday we have ever had here at serita beach. We all came back raving to everyone we knew how great this place is.

The hotel is lovely; yes it could do with a little updating around the pool area. The tiles were a little slippy, but when tiles are wet they are slippy, so walk carefully. Our room was clean and quite well equipped with what we needed it to be.

The staff were extremely friendly, especially in the restaurant at dinner time, they made a fuss over our daughter which of course she loved.

The entertainment was good, it kept us amused. The bingo was a bit naff, but didn’t last very long. We were regularly pulled up on stage to participate, which if you don’t mind and are game for a laugh then it’s ok. If you don’t want to participate, they leave you alone. The waiters run around constantly looking after you all night making sure you have a drink.

The activities in the daytime were good, once again, it was all there to use if you wanted to. The usual water polo, aqua aerobics and water games. All good fun.

We all thought the food was fantastic, a very wide variety to choose from, and with a bit of planning you could make yourself up a feast fit for a king. My son was impressed with the pancakes for breakfast and the deserts in the evening are to die for !!!

Overall we had a fantastic time and would highly recommend it to anybody.

by  A Smith

This hotel is allegedly a 4* hotel....

"This hotel is allegedly a 4* hotel. Don't be fooled. Also it is promised to be Child Friendly, again don't be fooled.

First impressions of the hotel were encouraging. The hotel is visually very nice. It is, however, impossible to move around the hotel without using steps. Lots of them.

We had a pushchair and found it very hard. Watersports were advertised as being part of the package/hotel, they are but only if you travel by bus to a sister hotel quite a few miles away.

The food is good but 2 weeks becomes boring, the staff are amazingly friendly and considerate.

Tennis courts are next to the effluent plant which gets very smelly in the afternoon. The Hotel rackets and balls are of very poor quality.

The rep told us not to use the hotel Dr but to call JMC. When we called the reps we were told to contact the hotel Dr. A simple tummy bug was treated with a hospital visit and sent back to hotel again!

Rooms are of good size but the bathrooms are appalling.

by J Sullivan

Almost the perfect holiday, hotel...

"Almost the perfect holiday, hotel fine, location was quiet and the weather good.

The food was plentiful and of a good standard with plenty of choice. The drinks were ok and the majority of the staff were friendly and efficient.

The bathrooms could do with some upgrading as they are becoming very dated, new mattresses wouldn't go amiss either.

Yes the pool was slippy but if anyone is daft enough to ignore the warning signs they will soon find out why the signs are there.

The location of the hotel could possibly be a bit remote for some but there are plenty of ways to get around, walking being the most enjoyable.

The beach outside the hotel is small and stony but a 5 minute stroll in either direction will soon take you to sandier spots.

I would be slightly concerned about the number of quad bikes and scooters for rent, we went at a quite time but in full season the roads are packed (according to local taxi drivers) with youngsters zooming dangerously fast around the roads.

by T Sandles

My boyfriend and I were here with...

"My boyfriend and I were here with another couple in June and we loved it bearing in mind we are all under 22!

Entertainers were great went clubbing a lot with them (Mario, bobo, imed and Martina) there all up for a laugh!

Yes the pool area is slippy as we found out when my friend fell dramatically (slow-motion) was very funny! Most places always have slippery pool areas. It’s to be expected.

Best way to go exploring is to hire a decent quad! Food is also very good but if you want pizzas the pool bar is best although you do have to book!

We found the local beer very nice, the waiters are also excellent you’ve never got an empty glass! Constant refill!!

All in all was a very good holiday and we have already booked up again and are returning back there on the 12th June 2007! CAN’T WAIT!

by LS LYNN

Me, my husband and 18 month old baby...

"Me, my husband and 18 month old baby stayed in Serita beach from 4th till 17th of October. After reading reports on this and other sites we were bit anxious how hotel will be but were pleasantly surprised.

I must say we didn't expect five star hotel for the money we paid. Hotel is somewhere between three and four star but I think its excellent value for money-we paid £500 per person including our flight.

Rooms are decent size if its two of you with baby but I can imagine if you are staying with two older kids it would be bit tight. Rooms are pleasant with air-conditioning, there is little fridge in the room and not that much wardrobe space but enough. Rooms are cleaned regularly and maids are very helpful. If you are staying in bungalows many of them got fantastic sea view and so do lots of rooms in main hotel building.

Playground for kids is nice and lady running mini club was excellent. There are two big swimming pools, kids pool and splash pool, they are well maintained but I must agree with other reports that tiles are extremely slippery around it (well its to be expected) Problem is that tiles are not sloped so water collects in puddles which becomes real danger zone if its raining. I had couple of bad falls myself. So be very careful walking around.

Hotel itself is very nice, staff is extremely helpful. Bar staff is great, wine is not of good quality but there are many other drinks that are nice enough.

Some people complained about food and I really don't understand why. There is so much choice for all three meals. There is even bacon, eggs and sausages for those who like traditional food and then there is lots of lovely Greek dishes as well. I would rate food excellent.

As far as beach is concerned its shingle beach in front of hotel but its very pleasant to sunbathe there or on the jetty, very relaxing listening to waves. You will need water shoes if you want to swim there because there's lots of rocks. There is sandy beach if you go bit further to the right of hotel (about 15 minute walk) and there is sandy beach on the left -about five minutes away.

We were there with baby so night entertainment for us was good, they have very nice mini disco for kids, and then 10 o'clock show for adults. I can imagine it could be bit boring for older kids and young adults as there is no proper disco and entertainment finishes at twelve but then town of Hersonissos is only 10 minutes away with taxi and there are lots of pubs and clubs there.

All in all we had great holiday (except weather which was really bad in second week but that’s luck of a draw) and I can recommend Serita beach as good value for money and good place for family holiday.

by  I Elkington

This hotel is not suitable for...

"This hotel is not suitable for children the pool area is very slippy after the first day all kids develop the serita shuffle (too many kids went on a hospital trip) when my own daughter fell in front of the Manager he just turned away he did not bother to see if she was ok, so I walked after him and asked when will the hotel make the pool area less slippy. He said that the hotel group owners had been informed about the condition of the pool area and he was to stop complaining and it was out of his control.

The entertainment (except Wednesday nights)billy butlin would not give them a job.

There are no watersports at this hotel they are at the sister hotel 20 mins in a taxi (20euros each way which you pay for).

Food 1-2 star, they don't cater for kids apart form pasta ice cream and home made soft crisps, the menu was the same most nights the food was ok but not of good quality (the cheapest cuts of meat etc).

We moved rooms and both bathrooms needed to be refurbished, the hotel is very noisy so don’t expect an early night I have been led to believe that this hotel is a bad example for the Mitsis Hotel Group, but if the standards are bad in a 4/5 star this does not give me any hope for the rest of the group, we looked at other hotels close to this one which was a mere 4 star but 50 times better.

We have no confidence in the Mitsis Hotel Group and would certainly not consider them for future holidays.

by N K Porter

We (me / wife and 16yo son) were at...

"We (me / wife and 16yo son) were at Serita beach in the last week of June 2006.

Hotel was Greek 5 star rated, Equivalent to a UK 3 star.

Serita has a main Hotel and additional accommodation units on site, all seem to be either HB or AI. all cleaned each day.

Hotel was clean and food was great, always hot and plenty of it.spoilt for choice.

Bar and waiters were fantastic, Mikey and the 2 young bars girls were gr8. Always seemed to smile.

Pools clean, but very slippery. Always walk or u will end up in hospital, like a few did.

No Beach just rocks. if you like sand, turn left and walk. Come to a nice cove with sand.

It was a great Holiday. Should have been £680.00 each but as we booked direct, we got a great deal, got our money's worth.

Would go back again.

by M Bugs

Excellent Holiday

"This hotel is really lovely, both the pools are a good size and the rooms were also very nice. We were put in the incorrect room for the first night which had a balcony to the back of the hotel but it was facing the mountains behind so it didn't matter that there was no sea view. The friendly staff took care of all the luggage in the move and we were moved to a lovely apartment style room with a nice garden seperating the patio and pool. There is a small shingle beach with a lovely jetty and sunbeds for the guests and just round the corner is a lovely white beach where we went most days. The food here is also excellent and i would also reccomend booking a table at the pool bar for a change to the normal restaurant. Breakfast on the terrace is a must as it is so nice. There is entertainment each night which is varied but a good laugh at times. If you prefer things a bit lively then a short trip into Hersonissos should do the trick and make sure you get your free drink/shots on entry to each place! All together an excellent holiday and i wouldn't hesitate to go back."

by Math125