Sol Flor Da Rocha Aparthotel

Good

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Sol Flor Da Rocha Aparthotel

Great Apartments, Great Location

"Stayed here for 2 weeks this summer, first impressions on arrival were that the apartment was huge and staff friendly. We had a one bedroom apartment on fifth floor with great views of the pool. KItchen was well stocked with everything you need inc Electric toaster, kettle and microwave, blender and good size fridge with top freezer box.

THe pool opens at 9 so we rushed down the next morning thinking there woukld be the usual rush for sunbeds but didn't need to worry, always loads free and the pool never got really busy. LOvely grass area to lay on as well. The food at the pool bar was pretty basic ( toasted sandwiches, hotdog or burger) but again the bar staff were very friendly and helpful. Next to the bar there's a games room with table tennis, pool table, air hockey and football table ( you have to pay 1 euro) this got the kids out of the sun for a bit and entertained them.

THese apartments are very popular with Portugese families, while we were there only a handful of British and Irish families, also a few large groups of Irish lads and lasses but not a problem at all, livened the placeup a bit. There isn't any evening entertainment, the bar stays open till around 12 with music. Again this suited us as we went into town every evening.

Have to mention the cleaners, who are like an army, out at 8 in the morning cleaning the poolside and bar areas. Our apartment was cleaned every day, towels changed most days. Everywhere is really kept clean, also noted that none of us got mosquito, definate bonus usually get eaten alive when I go abroad.

Theres also a computer in reception, you can go online for 30 mins for 2 euros, or if you bring your own laptop wifi available for a charge.

The hotel is a 5 min walk to the beach and the main strip, Praia Da Rocha is an absolutely beautiful beach. Make sure you go down to the far end by the marina and lighthouse, a lovely walk and kids will love finding crabs on the rocks and fish in the rock pools.

All in all the apartments are a great base, clean, great location. If you're expecting luxury dont come here but if you want a relaxing holiday close to all amenities Flor da rocha for you!

• Holiday details: Aug 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Do a big shop in Continente (20 min walk ther, cab back 5 euros) for all your snacks, bottled water, lunch stuff, will save you a fortune.
by sunseeker

never ever again

"Arrived last aug myself ,husband,and 2 kids.Outside of hotel was run down.corridoors were dark and not lite up and were smelly the lift was smelly and closed on my arm 1 day.the pool tiles were broken with some missing my son cut his toe and i seen lot of other kid doing the same ...none of the amenities listed for hotel were there .A bar outside opened in afternoon but was badly stocked .We had to go to hotel beside us to get lunch..i love going on holidays every year but this place ruined my holidays..I would not reccomend this place.The management should up date the hotel info not to dissapoint people..NEVER EVER AGAIN WOULD I STAY IN THIS PLACE AGAIN..."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont book it
by darby

perfect for students

"Me and my group of friends are all students and so we were looking for the cheapest apartments to stay in. we found these and got a great deal so booked it for two weeks. when we got into our apartment we couldn't believe how big it was and we even got a poolview balcony. the maids came every other day with clean sheets and toilet roll and they were very friendly and worked around us as we slept, (clubs stay open till 7am so be prepared to sleep most of the day). the apartments are in the centre of everything, a 2 minute walk and your on the main strip with bars, clubs and restaurants. the main doors of the apartments are locked after a certain time which means excellent security but there is a nightporter on duty to let you back in whenever you decide to come home. i would deffinatly recommend these apartments to students/young people as they have everything you need."

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: if you are irish, you have to come!
by belfast-girls

I personally enjoyed my stay in flor...

"I personally enjoyed my stay in flor da rocha.on arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who was very polite, we were seen to and showed to our room which was very nice.It was a basic apartment but was very clean and very spacious.the maid service was very good..they came everyday and were very thorough.there was 6 of us staying in the apartment and we all found it very comfortable.the pool was quite small but was clean and the kids enjoyed it.the only thing i found disappointing about our stay here was the lack of entertainment!!there was only kareoke for 2 nights out of the week, there was no shows for the children to enjoy while the adults could enjoy the nightlife in Praia da Rocha itself.overall the hotel was clean small and quiet,perfect for anyone looking to have a relaxing holiday.the only thing i would recommend the hotel should do is provide better entertainment and more sun loungers for their guests!!"

by Connolly

On arrival we were greeted by a...

"On arrival we were greeted by a lovely receptionist and quickly dealt with and shown to our apartment. The apartment itself slept six and was really spacious, clean, and had a huge fridge, coffee maker, toaster, cooker etc. It was absolutely immaculate and was very well equipped with crockery/cutlery etc. The bedrooms were large, clean and all had spacious balcony's.

We all thought that there was a shortage of sun loungers for the residents. Only twice did all five of us manage to get loungers beside each other. Many people ended up lying on their towels on the grass. We cannot be certain about the cleanliness of the water in the pool. It looked fine but all of us got sore throats by the mid week. I ended up with a sinus infection, while two of the other girls had upset tummies. This maybe a coincidence but on reading another review on this site we basically became suspicious of the source of our illness. Again we can't be sure if it was the pool.

The hotel bar was indeed a bit boring. Entertainment was dismal. Then again this didn't bother us as we didn't intend sitting in the apartment complex when there was so much to do and see in Praia Da Rocha.

We would definitely recommend these apartments, and I think they are very reasonably priced. You do get what you pay for.

by US Wexford

Please don’t come here if you are...

"Please don’t come here if you are looking for a delightful family holiday.

The staff were very rude and ignorant. They made us feel like unwanted guests. And the place was boring!

There was a non-existent children’s club, which was run by a very aggressive child’s club rep. I would not leave my children with him!! Anytime children turned up to the club he would make silly excuses and say that it was cancelled. It was clear that he didn’t like children and that he didn’t want to do any work!

The reception staff and the bar staff ignore you when you are looking to get some service and when you do get some service they are very unhelpful and rude. They never smiled once while I was there.

The entertainment was a disgrace. Every night there was the same guy singing songs or running karaoke. And as if it couldn’t get any better than this, he was also the hotel janitor/maintenance man!!!!! How lousy is that!

Since the children had nothing to do, they sat out in the lobby to talk to one another. The receptionist staff did nothing but abuse the children by constantly screaming at them.

When my own father went down to reception to complain about the poor treatment of 'paying clients', the receptionists abused him too!

The swimming pool was filthy and I know this because anyone I talked to had blisters on their tongue and throat after swimming in it! I also got a bad case of diarrhoea after swimming in it.

As for cleanliness, the rooms were in bad condition and the maids didn’t bother to change our linen or towels for 9 days! When the covers of the bed were pulled back, the mattress was covered in sweat stains and urination stains! The smell was bad!

Besides all this, Praia Da Rocha has a beautiful beach and the weather was great! If you have booked the Sol Flor Da Rocha, please consider your choice or be prepared for a disappointing stay. If you have decided to stay here, take a trip up to Alvor by local taxi, as there are a better choice of bars and restaurants than in Praia Da Rocha.

Bon Voyage!

by J M Murphy

Read more reviews of Sol Flor Da Rocha Aparthotel at TripAdvisor

Map for Sol Flor Da Rocha Aparthotel Closest airport: Faro (FAO) 32.7 miles

Top traveller tips for Sol Flor Da Rocha Aparthotel
  • by sunseeker

" Do a big shop in Continente (20 min walk ther, cab back 5 euros) for all your snacks, bottled water, lunch stuff, will save you a fortune. "