Aparthotel Castillo de Elba

Location: 5.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Aparthotel Castillo de Elba

1 2 »
Great Service

"Stayed here for a week at september. Had a great time as the weather was what we were looking for, plenty of space arround the pool. Best point of the hotel is the staff, give you a excellent service, more than a 3 star.

The hotel itself is under remodelation of rooms, had one with a huge sea view.

• Holiday details: Sep 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Staff brilliant
by Simyboli

Never stay here. If you've booked it, cancel it.

"Horrible stay. Below, I have attached an email I have sent to the manager, who was meant to call me 7 days ago;

Dear Miguel,

My name is Dylan Martin. I stayed in the hotel which you are the manager of last week and I am writing you this mail in relation to my stay.

Firstly, I left several messages at reception to get into contact with you, and heard no response. I even left my personal phone number so that you could call at your convenience. But nonetheless, I still haven't heard from you.

What I wanted to discuss with you was my thoughts on the hotel that you run.

Lets start from the top.

Upon arriving at the hotel, I waited 30-40 minutes at reception to be looked after. There was one woman on the reception desk. When I checked-in, I was not given any information about bus services etc. around the hotel, or any information for that matter.

I got to my room, and that was where the fun really started. The room was the most dirty and unhygienic room I have ever stayed in. To begin, I walked into the bathroom, where I was greeted by hairs all over the floor, inside the bathtub and on the actual toilet seat. I then went into my bedroom, to soon realize that my curtains were jammed, and wouldn’t pull over fully on either side. I decided to then go for a sit down on the chair in the kitchen, and quickly got straight back up after discovering the peculiar brown stain on the seat. After my sights within the room, I couldn’t be sure what exactly that particular stain was.

My girlfriend was slightly annoyed at this stage, as I'm sure you can imagine. But I tried my best to keep her spirits up. As we made our way to your ‘restaurant’ that evening, I ensured her that your ‘themed’ meals (which you mentioned on TripAdvisor) would surely make up for the room being so horrendous. I was wrong. We went all-inclusive, by the way. The whole restaurant experience was a letdown. For a start, it was incredibly understaffed (Except on the last day, a Sunday morning, when there was a woman giving out surveys about the hotel. There was quite a lot of staff on that morning, funnily enough). I’ll start with breakfast. I had the beans, they were cold. So I decided to go for a bowl of cereal instead, but the milk was warm. I thought at this stage, the best thing to do would be to go for the fruit, but I soon realized that the breakfast buffet doesn’t have that option. The next morning, after I sat through my warm cereal, I noticed a bowl of chopped up fruit. I walked over to get some, when a staff member stopped me to tell me that that fruit was only for smoothies. Unfortunate, really. I just wanted some melon.

But let’s delve right into the issue that is the buffet. I tried the fish, which was so incredibly dried out, that one imagines it had been sitting there on a hot plate for quite some time. After trying some of the bland spaghetti on offer, I left the restaurant. The next night, I tried the chicken. This proved to be pink on the inside. That’s right, it hadn’t been fully cooked. I only realized this after biting into it, through some sort of yellow sauce which nearly covered up the raw pink color. I then tried the pasta, which had the texture of sludge and no real taste. Again, I left. I tried again the next night, assuming that maybe something could have changed. I went with the safe option, chicken nuggets. I had two, and on the third, after I took a bite, I noticed the filling was black. I am, of course, aware that chicken can contain dark meat, but this was a black lump. So again, I left. On my final attempt at having a meal at the hotel, I walked around the buffet selection, and after seeing nothing remotely appetizing, I took a bread roll and sat down. I then began talking to a family of four, who had the same mindset as me regarding the hotel and who were, at that time, looking to change hotels. The pool snack bar also had it’s flaw. Even though I was all-inclusive, I could only have two things from the menu.

Due to the above, I ended up spending a lot more money than I had anticipated in restaurants and on taxis. Usually when I go all-inclusive, I don’t expect to spend much extra money, but in this case, it was hugely necessary. Although, three of my meals were supplied by the wonderful San Jorge Hotel in Caleta, as they sympathized with me saying that they had heard about the quality of food up at your hotel.

But that’s enough about the food. What about your hotels leisure options? Seeing as I couldn’t get a sunbed, as there aren’t nearly enough to cater for your guests, I decided to check out the gym. I think this was probably the most unsafe aspect of the hotel, as most of the equipment is broken and the place itself is a mess. The next day, however, I did come across two sunbeds, but to my dismay, they were both cracked. No wonder they were spare, I thought to myself.

The icing on the cake though? The water in the hotel going for nearly two days. That meant no showers and no flushing of the toilet. Rather disgusting, don’t you think? But not just for me, also for the man asking the woman at reception how he was going to wash his kids, and the rest of the families at the hotel. I may add there was no warning, no apology and no explanation for this.

Finally, I bought the WiFi on one of my last days. €7 for 24 hours. Not a great price, but I assumed that was standard for hotels on the island. It wasn’t. After using the WiFi that morning, I went to use it again in the evening. It had expired. Luckily for me, I was refunded my money after bringing it to the attention of the reception staff, who didn’t question it, almost as if it was a common occurrence.

I must add, though, that the staff at your hotel are incredibly friendly (even if they always seem under pressure) and seem to have a good relationship among each other. But when requesting to see you, I was told that I could only do so if it was an emergency. I was shocked. A manager who would only speak to me in an emergency. On another day, when I asked could I speak to you, I was told you weren’t in, as it was a holiday. It was a Friday. You would be on holiday until at least Monday. Luckily for you though, I had to leave that Sunday. I asked one staff member to call you, to ask when you’d be in so that we could have a meeting. They declined, saying that they would lose their job of they was to call you when you weren’t working. This is when I left my contact details for you. I was ensured you would get them, and I don’t doubt that your staff didn’t hand them over to you. I was left thinking, what sort of manager lets his staff live in fear of losing their jobs by calling him? What sort of manager has so little amount of staff on, that they constantly look under pressure? What sort of manager lets his staff deal with the complaints, when it isn’t their fault? What sort of manager doesn’t respond to customer complaints, even when they leave their personal mobile number for you?

I have taken photos along the way to document my experience. I think it’s a disgrace how the guests at your hotel are treated, and I personally feel that my entire holiday was ruined. I do expect the appropriate compensation for the above points made.

I will be posting this entire email, along with the photos I have taken on any review site I can, to highlight the standard of service received.

I look forward to your response,

Yours truly,

Dylan Martin

• Holiday details: Aug 2014, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't go. If you must go, do not book all-inclusive, as you will be eating out. Prepare to sanitise your room on arrival.
by DylanM7

Relaxing Holiday

"We are about to go back to castillo de elba hotel in 3 weeks time, this is our 3rd time at this hotel within a space of one and a half years , This hotel is so relaxing just what we like very good spaced out times when you can go for your meals, really enjoyed the food, there is always a good choice , staff are very friendly and so helpful , we were all inclusive and did not have to pay for anything , the room was always kept clean and tidy with the maid service 5 days out of 7. We like our walk along the sea front to the town where you can feed the local chipmonks . It is such a relaxing holiday . Cant wait to go back. We booked this independantly over the internet and found it great value for money. Janet and Les Downie"

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: walk along the sea front to feed the chipmonks
by janet and tich

Just arrived back home last night,...

"Just arrived back home last night, stayed at the castillo de elbe fuerteventura, booked flights and accomadation on the net, read reviews once all was paid for, i have to say that the hotel was very well maintained in all the communical areas, including receptions gardens and resturant and pool, i was less inpressed with the hotel accomadation, the bathroom was quite bad, the bath had large peices of filler where there were holes, the plughole was full of rust, the ceiling above was filled with filler and there was a large patch of damp and peeling paint, kitchen, the microvave was full of rust, no kettle, maid service was every day except for thursdays and sundays. breakfast was the usual things egg bacon, toast, fruits,

evening meals were bland and every thing tasted the same, laced with the same flaverings. better to eat out in the local pub (MUSTANG SALLYS)good food at a good price 6 euros would get you a good meal... friendly staff and family run.

extreamly quite location, lovely walks along the coastal road to colleta de foste where on the way you can feed the local chipmonks, charges are maid to hire the kettle, hair dryer, and remote control for television, also the heated pools, jacuzzis, and sauna/steam rooms are charged at 19.60 euros daily... good basic hotel, friendly staff, too fare from the town, would go back but would stay nearer to the night live in near the harbour and town, over all it was fine, but object to having to pay for the use of the jacuzzi/steam/sauna. other hotels that i have satyed not require payments from guests for these services. should you require a cuppa or soft drink with your evening meal then you will be charged for this too!

by F.C Stallwood

After reading some not so good...

"After reading some not so good things. I was very surprised and happy. I am 21 and my partner is 28, i was told i had picked the wrong place for a young couple but we both loved it. 5 mins from airport, nice walk to the beach.

Overall, satisfied

by B Weswood

good winter sun holiday

"castilla de elba

good winter sun holiday

january 2008

just returned from a weeks stay @ the castilla de elba , found the hotel to be basic but very clean. on a half board basis with my wife and 2 kids found food not very good, but thankfuly nearby a good freindly irish bar called kavanaghs.staff really nice and food excellent. good value for money .always very helpful .nice walk bout 15 mins along coast to calletta.would revisit again and weather for that time fantastic

paul

falkirk scotland

by ruairiFalkirk

On the face of it, this appears to be...

"On the face of it, this appears to be a fairly presentable hotel, with good facilities and friendly staff.

We went there for the New Year and found that:-

It is situated in the wrong place. Costa Antigua is more of a building site than anything else and is a 35 minute walk from Costa Caleta De Fuste;

Aircraft pass by the building all day long as it is situated only a few kilometres from the airport;

The rooms are small, disappointing to anyone wanting to actually cook anything in them (as there were no pots or cooking utensils). Also there is little space or facility to store clothing other than hangers in a wardrobe;

The maids consistently removed the towels and did not replace them;

The beds were not changed in the full 7 days that we were there;

Not one that I would recommend to anyone to visit.

by C Henderson

Never again

"Just come back, this place was awful, no bathroom light for 3 days after reporting it 3 times, in the middle of nowhere! building sites everywhere.

To angry for words, place made me sick.

by andiscottuk

thought this hotel was alreet!!

"Hello. myself and partner arrived at the hotel without any expectations as we had booked it with allocation on arrival. We were happy with the room which overlooked the pool, with a large balcony. Everything was clean, comfortable beds etc but agree with other reviewers about the rubbish buffet food and lack of choice at the pool bar. Thank god we were self catering and didn't have to suffer that every day. Thank god for "Tommy Nutters Steak House" (5 minutes down the road) which was home from home and friendly atmosphere!!

We found the staff helpful but the shop inside the hotel had temperamental opening hours but handy for getting odds and ends (newspapers at 11. a.m.). No muggings or break ins whilst we were staying there, but wandering around at night was intimidating due to no street lighting and also paths with broken tiles etc which could be tripped on, specially when the missus had had a few! Fuerteventura, the parts we visited, seemed very nice, friendly people, although some areas a bit unfinished. Oh, and the weather was gorgeous all week! Steve & Wendy.

by stevewendy95

not as bad as everyone says!

"I got a very cheap half board deal online for myself and 6 year old granddaughter. After I booked it I saw the really worrying reviews, especially about thefts from rooms, but it was too late to cancel. Im glad I didnt as everything was fine, no thefts or other problems for ourselves or anyone else. The food is not great but its passable, we managed fine. The rooms were basic but clean, and the pool was cold (of course!) but lovely. The weather was hot, so we spent a lot of time in the pool and enjoyed every minute of it. There is not much entertainment at the hotel, just three nights a week, and not much going on around the hotel, but there is a free coach that goes from the hotel into caleta de fuste eery hour during the day and up to 9pm at night, which goes around the shopping centres and other parts of caleta, and you can get on and off at any of the stops as many time as you want to, for free. The taxi fare is only 3 euros, and the airport is close and is only 8 euros in a taxi. There is also a lovely coastal path which starts near the hotel and goes into caleta, it takes half an hour or so to walk, and there are loads of chipmunks running about on the rocks near the path, they are really cute.

All in all, a good value-for-money hotel and holiday.

by SnoopyFan53

The most awful place to go on holiday.

"We came back from this hell hole on 14th July 2007 and we couldn't wait to leave. We were there for a week but it was the longest week of our lives.

On the second night there our friends room (number 201s) was broken into. The safe which is located in the wardrobe was physically smashed from the wall and taken by the thieves. All their clothes were strewn around the room. Luckily they had not used the safe so it was empty ha ha ha to you stupid thieves. They took all his cigarettes and little else as there was nothing of value to sell. The security guard came and looked around and said it was the people who live in the flats behind.

The hotel staff said it had never happened before. We were all in shock and so worried and from then on carried all our valuables with us. (How relaxing is that?) Talk about holiday from hell. The manager never appeared, the police made out they couldn't speak English. We never saw a holiday Rep and there was no board in reception saying when the rep was due to call. We now know they never call because they know every time a new intake of people arrive from England, some of them will be robbed.

On the Wednesday night 12 more rooms were robbed. One had two teenage girls asleep in their beds whilst it was being robbed. They had £400.00 of stuff taken.

Read the reviews of this hotel for the past few years and you will see that it is always being broken into.

I have written to the tour operator, the holiday provider and also ABTA. I want this hotel to be banned from English holiday makers as they will have an awful time because of what will happen to them and also there is nothing to do, it is in the middle of a building site and has been for years so it won't get built overnight and be a nice place. The hotel food is boring and basic and always cold. We went into the restuarant at 6.30pm one evening and the food was cold. The open at 6.30pm!!!!

I can't say much more because I am so angry with this hotel that they ruined our holiday and cost us quite a lot of money. It is not a four star or even three star in my opinion. PLEASE do not go to this hotel.

by JackieDerby_England

Stayed here for a week, had a great...

"Stayed here for a week, had a great time. Apartments very nice. Big balcony overlooking pool which looked lovely lit up at night.

There is a small supermarket in the hotel but its shut on Sundays.

The courtesy bus takes you to the shopping centre or you can get dropped off near the beach.

Went on the ferry to Lanzarote and had a great time there.

I really enjoyed my stay here and the weather was great.

by L Phillips

1 2 »

Map for Aparthotel Castillo de Elba Closest airport: Fuerteventura (FUE) 2.8 miles