Rainbow Apartments

Good

Service: 9.5/10
Value: 9.5/10
Location: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Rainbow Apartments

1 2 3 »
Loved it!

"We went to the Rainbow as a very last minute deal! booked on wednesday and flew out 8am Thursday Morning.

So glad we picked to stay at Rainbow! Nikos, Athena and Sophie made our stay very pleasant - nothing was too much trouble!

The weather was red hot so having the lovely pool to jump in and out of was brilliant!

My 3 year old little girl made friends with there little boy and the swings, kiddy table and chairs and goal posts with lots of grass to play on was fantastic!

We will definitely be going back there again!

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Room Only, Booked Independently
by kayblake

couldn't ask for more

"having been to zante for the last 3yrs in july i must say that this is the best place for a family to say having stayed the first 2yrs at cavo dora we spent most off our time at the rainbow where we were treated as well as all there guest. my mother and mother in law stayed there as we were gettig married and nikos possibily the best host in zante let my wife and daughter stay there for free the night before the wedding. our third year at zante was at the rainbow booked direct and once again it felt like home apartments are cleaned daily air con was great food great nikos athena and his parents do a cracking job to make sure you have the best holiday year in year out if there taking a much deserved nap during the day theres rodger and costa to look after you which they do and nothing is to much trouble for any of this guys as for the so called chicken farm on 1 review can i just say my wife wears ear plugs cos of my snoring and the cockrel never woke her once without any earplugs in. only not going there this year because fights have gone up so much.in short book the rainbow you wont be disappointed"

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: hire a car and discover its realy hard to get lost
by lippy

Fantastic

"We have just returned home (13/9/2010) after a two week stay at The Rainbow. This hotel is great for relaxing and the food is delicious, just what the doctor orderd.We had a fantastic time, we will be booking to go again in May 2011. Thank you Nikos, Athena and family.

Linda & Ian

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, Room Only, booked with Thomas Cook
by linda&ian

Yet another Great time at The Rainbow!

"Just returned from another great stay at The Rainbow.This year we had our 9 month old son with us and we had a brill time,Nikos,Athena and Family couldnt of been more helpful...Gorgeous food...Nice chilled out place to stay.Bring on the Sambuca next year...Yamos!!!

Kirsty,Gareth & Baby Liam :) (Blackpool)

• Holiday details: May 2010, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Great chilled out place to stay,Excellent food
by kirkules85

Great Hotel! Great People!

"My wife, myself and oiur sons stayed at the Rainbow for two weeks in July 2009.

Nikos and Athena who own the place are fantasic people.

Julie and Roger who run the bar during the day are also goo and always happy to assist.

Niko's Dad, I didnt get his name, not much English so doesn't understand much , not his fault, we are in Greece and I dont speak any Greek!

Paul the magigian/singer, great guy who works the season, a big help to us and all round good guy.

Ashley's karaoke nights, good fun.

The hotel was exactly what we expected and we loved it.

The bar prices were very reasonable.

The bar food and taverna food, mostly home cooked at really good prices.

We hoping to stay at the Rainbow again and look forward to it.

To those who have complaints, speak to Nikos or Athena and they will sort it out for you.

Keith Tembril

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Room Only, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Yes. Excellent!
by keithey

Absolutley Fabulous!!!

"We stayed at The Rainbow in May this year and had the best holiday ever.Nikos & Athena & Family were fantastic they were very helpful & very friendly.The hotel is great for relaxing & the food is delicious,we ate there most of the time!!Kareoke nights were fun too.The rooms are basic but its all you need for sleeping,the cockrels can be loud at times but it didnt ruin our stay we actually got used to them being there & missed them when returning home hahaha!!Down the main strip there are plenty of lovely places to eat which we tried & liked very much.Also whilst taking a walk you dont get hounded into shops like you do in other foreign places (sometimes you begin to think your bothering them)haha.We are booking to go again next year to stay at the Rainbow as from our first experience we wouldnt stay anywhere else.This time with our baby boy.So if you are thinking of booking a Greek holiday stay here...its fantastic!!!A GREAT BIG THUMBS UP!!

ENJOY-Kirsty & Gareth from Blackpool :)

• Holiday details: May 2009, Self Catering, Booked Independently
  • Advice: excellent place to stay
  • Activities: rainbow & michelos
by kirkules85

Different

"The rainbow studios are clean but rather small , the showers are in need of up grading and so are the cooking facilities .but on the whole not to bad. But what really P****d us off ( me ,Partner and son aged 10 ) was the god dam cockrels and dogs going at it all night,we closed the shutters to try to eliminate some of the noise ,didnt do much good though,good job we hired a fan cos the room was unbareable with having to close the shutters.After 14 days there we could,nt wait to go home just to get a good nights sleep .

But its not all negative though, Nikos and his family were great , so were roger and his wife julie ,food was good , pool nice , not alot to do in the evenings though , unless you like to watch football . We did have two kareoke nights ,they were a good laugh . the whether was great as we went at the end of august 2009 .May be some day we will return to zante but will go for a more up market hotel on the beach...

Linda (Chesterfield )

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Self Catering, booked with Manos
  • Advice: its alot better the zante town, that looks like its never been finished.
  • Activities: Yo yo ,s all english resturant excellent value for money, hire a boat and go to turtle island
by shilts23

Rainbow apartments Hmmmm

"We have just returned from the rainbow (fam of 3 child aged 3) and the best words i can find to describe this accommodation is BASIC room we stayed in must have been 12ft by 8ft with a small bathroom and entrance where a couple of cooking rings and a fridge were - could not have made a meal even if you wanted too. rooms where freshened up regularly air con worked fine (charged 5euros a night for the pleasure along with 12 euros for the safe - which I think is bad considering the cost of the hol)

I thought there was no atmosphere round the pool in the day time so mush so we spent no time there and found a far nicer pool at Antonis just down the road. Kids drink selection was very limited unless you wanted to feed them fizzy pop all holiday

Also this is quite a walk from anything really and in 39 degrees heat can take you 10mins to walk to the main strip and another 5-10 to the beech. its advertised as a family / couples complex - speaking to the bar man (who was only helping out and I got the vibe reallllly did not want to be working) they relay alot on repeat customers who book direct with them and not the tour operators i.e Thomas cook(who were rubbish by the way!) and I also get the feeling they would much prefer older mature couples rather than young families.

would I stop again - NO there is some real nice places closer to the main strip and beech that I though were far better my recommendation is Antonis as well as a top pool area and friendly staff the apartments looked newer and better in ever sense.

So shocked at the high scores other reviewers gave on arrival I expected to be blown away but it was very average IMO

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
by dweston79

fantastic holiday

"this was our first time in greece, party of two adults (43 years old) and we had a fantastic holiday! The check-in at the appartment was fantastic, very warm welcome, the appartment was great lovely and clean no problems at all. The food at the rainbow is fantastic we had several meals there, service was great very friendly and relaxed, the owners and staff are lovely nothing is to much trouble. We were very fortunate to be able to swim with the loggerhead turtles at kalamaki beach during out stay which was fantastic and a real privalidge (please, please take your rubbish off the beach it harms the wild life!!!) The food on 'the strip' at kalamaki on the whole is great, Milo's is fantastic we often got a free bottle of wine, heavens kitchen was a disapointment the food was cold and when we mentioned this fact no one was bothered!

We hired a quad bike for 24 hours which is a fantastic and cheap way to see the island, the locals often wave to you and stop to help if you get lost!

take insect zappers for your room, ive never been bitten before and ive been to many countries!

All together we had a fantastic holiday and i would go again without a doubt

there are cockrels which do wake you but thanks to this site i took ear plugs with me- problem solved! Enjoy!

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: take a snorkle take mozzie repelant
  • Activities: milo's restaurant, rainbows taverna motor bike hire
by florance

It couldn't have been better

"This was the first time my husband and I had been abroard together and we were not dissapointed. The rainbow was perfect, clean and very friendly. we ate at the Rainbow every night because the food was lovely and being very fussy about food like I am I knew they had things I liked. You must try the home made Pizza and the chicken and well, all of it. We will definately be going back at some point. Thank you Nicos Athena and family."

• Holiday details: Aug 2008, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
by Lynnda Osborne

Pete and Kate

"we were actually staying at another hotel down the road from the Rainbow but decided to spend the day at the rainbow because the boys wanted to watch the football on the big screen. We were blown away with the appearance and cleanliness of the bar and pool area. The breakfast was great and it was the only place that sold fresh fruit as a breakfast dish. There was plenty of fun and games for the children such as tabletennis, volleyball, swings and a slide.

Kalamaki itself was lovely, ok the main drag is just typical of any holiday resort with loads of shops sellimg the same stuff. There is an excellent pharmacy and a couple of lovely jewellry shops but they are not cheap! There are restaurants galore so you can eat out every night at a different place. We found a little place just down the road from the Rainbow down the beaten track towards Hotel Sirene. Sorry I cant remember its name but it was run by a couple whom were just lovely. The food was excellant!

The beach was great and I was really hoping to see a turtle but unfortunately that did not happen on this visit.

We decided to be cheeky while at the Rainbow and ask Nicko if we could look at one of the apartments. He very kindly showed us around a apartment which was like a palace compared to where we were staying. There was a television, kettle and a mosy screen connected to the balcony doors so that you can have the room doors open at night.The bathroom was very clean and overall we were so impressed that we have booked up to stay there next year.

Word of warning: take a torch at night time when walking along the road as it is very dark and cars and mopeds are very often bombing along! and yes you can here cockerals and dogs but without them it just would'nt have that authentic Greek atmosphere!!!!!

• Holiday details: Aug 2008, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Activities: Christos near Hotel sirene.
by fully

Rainbow Apts

"What can I say? This was one of the best holidays that we have been on. I travelled with my partner & the whole experience exceeded our expectations!!!

The apartments are ideally situated within easy walking distance of the new & old road & the beach. The rooms suited us down to the ground, although bathroom was a little small, but thats pretty average for Greece. Our rooms backed onto the olive groves behind the apartments & yes, we did hear the Cockrels once or twice, but you soon get used to them. They became part of the holiday!!!

The pool is a lovely size with plenty of sunloungers plus free use of inflatables or balls to play with in the pool.

The food in the taverna HAS to be tasted. Homecooked & delicious. I recommend the meatballs!!! Yummmm! You wont find much better elsewhere in the resort.

The staff were friendly & approachable. If your a sports fan (like us!) then your in luck. There's about 6 or 7 TV's showing different sports or games.

Whether your a couple or a family or even travelling on your own, I def recommend the apartments!!

• Holiday details: Sep 2008, Self Catering, booked with Thomas Cook
by Sarosa

1 2 3 »

Top traveller tips for Rainbow Apartments
  • by Lynnda Osborne

" We went to shipwreck cove it was beautiful "

• by dweston79

" Merlis & Hevens Kitchen "