Koala Hotel

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Koala Hotel

Enter your dates:

Best hotel in Kos by breezylorraine

We recently got back from spending a week at the Koala and both me and my partner had a brilliant time! This was my first visit to Kos, and I can honestly say that both the hotel and the place itself was lovely. One of the best parts of the holiday was the barman at that Koala called ANGELO.

Loved The Koala by Mogdaw

We loved our stay in the Koala. Its a lovely hotel just a minute away from the promenade and also the new harbour. The rooms are basic, but very nice and spotlessly clean. They also have a fridge. The hotel has a lovely swimming pool and also a great roof terrace. Breakfast can be taken in the dining room or outside which is nice. Its also in a nice quiet area but only a 8min stroll from the Main Kos Harbour.

It has a brilliant bar also, however what really made the Koala special was the friendlyness of the family who run. We spoke to others staying there and they had been going to the Koala for over 10 years. I can totally understand this,you feel like family, how good is that!

I would not hesitate to stay in the Koala whenever I visit Kos town again.

Chris & Peter Cheshire

Friendly atmosphere and great value for low price by MiguelItaly

We went to Koala Hotel for 10 days in July/August 2008. It was our first time on Kos island. We were greeted by the owner Dimitris Patakos in a very warm and friendly way that made us immediately understand that the stay at the Koala Hotel would have become a very pleasant one. And so it was. Our room was simple but very comfortable, always clean, with air conditioning and a balcony. The whole staff was always very friendly and helpful.

As we enjoy cycling, we rented two mountain bikes nearby and explored the northern part of the island by bike. You can also rent cars, mopeds or quads to go to visit places (archeological sites, other villages or fantastic beaches) outside Kos town. There are also buses that go to the main places on Kos – the bus station is only about 10-15 minutes away. You can have a look at the timetable for the buses also in the hotel.

The Koala Hotel is close to the sea, there are also lots of places to have a meal nearby and it is only a 10-15 minutes walk to the center of Kos town, where there are a lot of taverns, bars and clubs to meet young people but also quiet places just to relax – not to mention all the shops where you can buy all you want.

In summary, Koala Hotel is a family run hotel which gives you great quality for a low price and which will do everything to let you feel comfortable on your holiday. Should we return to Kos sometime, then we would stay again at Koala Hotel for sure.

great family run hotel by patriciasouthport

We went for a week in june,We have been to this hotel a few times,we are always made very welcome by the family who own the hotel.The rooms are always clean and the staff are always very helpful. Angelo who runs the bar is always joking and is also very helpful ,a great bloke.The beach is fantastic and my husband always takes his fishing rod.He does some fishing while i read and sunbathe.We also love cycling and there is lots of places to hire bikes from.There are lots of places to have a meal out and it is only 20mins walk to kos town, A great place to stay and once you have been i bet you will want to go back again.

Fantastic as always!!!! by spudEngland

We have just returned from Kos which we visit every year, having frieinds to visit. We stay at the Koala Hotel each year which never fails to give quality service. It is a family run hotel who will always go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable one. Always a warm welcome offering a quality service. You can relax with a drink in the bar area, with a top bar man, whos friendly, fun and always entertaining. On site pool.

Hotel is close to sea front and restaurants.

Worth a visit for a warm, friendly atmosphere.

We wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Optimum quality/price rate by kudabo

We spent one week in KOS staying at Koala Hotel. We found it reading some reviews on Trip advisor.

We can say that the hotel is simple, clean with optimum quality/price rate. Moreover, the hotel staff is friendly and helpful.

We were very satisfied of our choice and we suggest this hotel for all people that are looking for a nice stay in a small hotel.

Good value for the price by angelic1-2

We booked our stay at the Koala after reading several reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. Make sure you don't miss having a drink at the bar with Angelos.

The rooms were adequate size, clean and good value for the price. Each room had air conditioning, refrigerator , hairdryer and a balcony.The pool was clean and inviting.

The hotel was a 10-15 minute walk into town, but has plenty of dining and recreation near by (within one block). The hotel is only blocks from the marina. Cars, mopeds and bikes were available for rent. Laundry service was conveniently across the street.

For the price, you could not beat a stay at the Koala.

Avoid it like the plague by Louloudaki

I stayed at the Koala Hotel for three days in Sept. 2007. I decided to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews on trip advisor.

Upon receiving my keys and going to the second floor to my room, I was greeted by an awful stench as soon as I opened the door. My second disappointment was the room itself. It was tiny and I mean tiny and crammed as well. it had too much furniture for the space. Right away I got the impression there was some sort of an empty space in the hotel which the owners decided to utilize as a hotel room and make some money out of it.

There was too much furniture for the space; in order for me to open the balcony door, I had to remove the night stand which was in the way, place it on the bed, then open the door.

Now about the balcony: that was a joke as well.

I was not happy about the room but I would have put up with it if it weren't for the stench that would not go away. It seemed to be coming from the bathroom so I decided to open the bathroom door to investigate. Right away the stench was so unbearable it almost made me sick.

I went downstairs and requested a new room. No apologies whatsoever. I was simply handed another key for a room on the same floor, a few doors down.

The new room was bigger and so was the balcony. But by now I was not impressed by anything any more. The only drawback in the new room was that the bathroom was small, so in order for me to walk to the shower, I had to step next to the toilet, close the door, then step over to the shower and vice versa. I should also mention that the door " hit" the sink, so every time I had to use the sink or the mirror I had to close the door.

To sum it up: The location is good on the quiet side of the island. The only bright spot was the mother ( it's a family hotel) who was very friendly and won you over with her smile. Granted, the price is good, but I cannot say the same forthe hotel.

Once again: avoid it at all costs.

Management response from dimipata, 05 Mar 2008

With big surprise we read the review of our customer. Mrs Louloudaki booked a single room via internet were it is reported every detail of the Hotel and the specifications of the rooms. We offered a single room, which legally has been characterized as a regular single room by the Greek Touristic Organisation (EOT). Mrs Louloudaki asked to change to a bigger room. Immediately we offered her a double room as we had the possibility to give her a bigger room. Mrs Louloudaki did not complain to us about the unpleasant stench in the room. Therefore we gave the same room to another guest who stayed in that room for two weeks without any complains. Mrs Louloudaki stayed in our Hotel for three days and did not complain for something else. With regard to the the size of the rooms, our Hotel satisfies the specifications of the Greek Touristic Organisation (EOT) for two star Hotel. We believe that the review is unfair for a small family Hotel. We hope that we will have a second chance to entertain Mrs Louloudaki and to satisfy her expectations.

The Hotel was good but was booked at... by G M Austin

The Hotel was good but was booked at the very last minute. I was tagging on to a holiday of a couple of friends and did not think I would be able to make it till at the last minute work cleared and I set off to the Airport in the hopes of getting on as a standby passenger.

I spent little time at the hotel but the town I cannot recommend highly enough. The night life is great and totally my cup of tea, laid back bars and friendly tourists (not many British).

Also I got to watch the sunrise in a natural Spa on my birthday. Get a taxi from Kos about 5am when the night is winding up to thermos (not sure of the spelling) it should be no more than 20 Euros and you can get the bus back to Kos town after about 8.

I cannot wait to go back again this year.

Koala, a home from home by MarcoPoloScotland

Just spent a wonderful week in Kos, staying at Koala Hotel. The family proprietors and staff really made me feel welcome here, and are very helpful. The hotel is located at the east side of Kos town close to the marina, and a 20 minute stroll from the town centre. A continental breakfast is served between 7.30 and 9.30. My room, although basic, was kept clean and tidy. I enjoyed my stay at Koala very much.

Wonderful family-run hotel by Cleopatra

My husband and I have been travelling the Greek islands for the past 12 years. We have visited 25 islands so far and Kos on 5 separate occasions and have stayed at the Koala Hotel 4 times. I highly recommend the Koala Hotel which is a run by The Patakos family. Mr. & Mrs. Patakos Senior and their son Dimitri are truly wonderful and marvellous people with a genuine desire to make their guests feel welcome and want to ensure their comfort. The hotel is cosy, comfortable, very clean, safe and secure. The housekeeping staff are friendly, helpful and go about their duties cheerfully from early morning until they leave. The double rooms are of a good size and the bathrooms are both modern and spotlessly clean. The lobby bar is a good meeting place for a pre-dinner evening drink or nightcap and is managed in the evening by Angelo who is very friendly and has a great sense of humour. The swimming pool is also very clean and is regularly chlorinated with adequate sun beds for hotel resident guests to use. Wholesome and freshly cooked(prepared) reasonably priced snacks are available during the day around the poolside. Room service is also available until 2 p.m. The hotel's veranda garden which is caringly tended by Mrs. Patakos (affectionately known as "Mama") are a joy and delightful. Breakfast, which is continental style, can also be taken on the garden veranda.

Overall, the Koala Hotel is an excellent choice and exceptionally good value. The atmosphere is warm, friendly and very relaxing. It is located in a quiet and pleasant mostly residential area offering many good tavernas (of special note is Karis Taverna which is about 20 meters away), the New Marina, and a small town beach. The bus stop for buses into into town or to Psaldi and the Therma springs is literally a few meters away on the sea front otherwise it is a pleasant 10-minute stroll into Kos Town.

I am sure that for those of you who decide to stay at the Koala Hotel you will find it to be a truly enjoyable and a very pleasant stay, essential ingredients to making a wonderful holiday. Beacuse of the friendly hospitality and warmth of The Patakos family and their staff you will arrive as guests but you will leave as friends.

Read 43 additional reviews of Koala Hotel

Stayed at Koala Hotel? Share your insight.

Koala Hotel also called