Beverly Park Hotel

Cleanliness: 7.5/10
Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Beverly Park Hotel

1 2 38 »
Diningroom atmosphere /food : horrendous !

"I had to pay extra for having a room with view. Much noise from the fans of the ventilation system. The atmosphere in the diningroom and the food there reminded me of communist hotels behind the "iron-curtain" - queues everywhere...! Wine expensive and not good. Very often impossible to find a vacant table.

On arrival one was informed that it was forbidden to bring food/drink from outside into the hotel, and one would be charged if doing so!

OK location near the promenade, nice view when paying extra, internet access in room when paying extra. Rooms very clean - but old.

• Holiday details: Feb 2013, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Location and seaview
by Anne M

Nice Hotel, Shame about the bar staff

"It does not take much to ruin a holiday. You can have a lovely hotel, great weather, nice food and then the service can completely let a place down. Sadly this hotel is trying so hard but the bar staff team really need to be sacked. I can´t put it any simpler. Having read several reviews on Trip advisor after booking I arrived with somewhat intrepidation.

Food is excellent, it is a bit far out of the centre of town and I would advise getting a taxi to avoid local hawkers along the promenade.

The hotel seems to be stuck in the 1980s with it´s systems of management. I would not stay here again simply because of the bad service of the bar staff. Tried ordering a rum and coke on an empty bar to the bar staff and he instructed me to walk to the till (evening of 8th November 12). Absolutely disgusting service. Fortunately I know a little Spanish and the lovely Spanish couple beside me helped shut this jobsworthy bully up.

Sort it out Beverly Park you have had enough negative comments about your staff!

• Holiday details: Nov 2012, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Eat and go somewhere else afterwards
by Jack E

Think Twice, then Think again

"Hotel a little dated but clean. No hairdryer, no tea/coffee making facilities, no beach towels or ability to hire, not much information given on arrival and no help from reception. Very large majority of rooms overlook a duel carriageway so not much fun sitting on the balcony. Waiters in bar area rude and unhelpful, although bar staff OK. Dining room staff fairly 'quiet' not actually rude but not far off. Large variety of food and of good quality. Not actually enough outside space for amount of guests especially in the evening. Would I recommend this hotel:- No."

• Holiday details: Sep 2012, booked with On The Beach
  • Advice: Take beach towels, hairdryer, tea/coffee kettle and a sense of humor
by Marilyn M

some good points,some bad points

"When we arrived at the Hotel we were just given a piece of parer with a number on, an a door card. i asked if this was the number of the room and he just grunted yes. we wernt helped with our cases or given any info of which floor we were on. When we finally found our accomidation it was small but spotlesly clean. First thin i noticed was no hairdryer, so i had to go and buy one. The food in the Hotel was exellent, and always a very good choice no matter how fusy you were. the Bar area in the evenig where yhe entertainment was.was more like a school canteen and the all incusive drinks were undrinkable. The waiters could sometimes be very rude, then there were others just as nice. even thow there was a large outside area,when it got busy all the sunbeds were on top of each other,and to close together. Even thow the food was good and the hotel spotless i would'nt go back again.Everyone was conplaining obout the evening entertainment. midweek i was bord and ready to go home."

by irish

Great food, nice hotel, quieter resort than thought

"Hotel reception, bar & restaurant staff were very friendly & spoke very good English.

Lovely grounds and pools (3 adult pools, 1 kids, 2 jacuzzi's), activities in the day such as free bingo and archery.

Tennis court available, however 11 Euro an hour to play (non refundable). Mini golf (2 Euro), however not worth the money. Very small area, full of leaves and bits off the trees.

Restaurant - lots of choice, when coming towards the end of service they still continued to bring out fresh cooked food. Pasta, meat, salads, fish, grill chef continuously provided throughout the lunch and evening meal times.

Outside grill area for cheese/ham sandwiches, burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, salads at request for All Inc.

Quite steep walk into the main resort however all flat afterwards.

Resort was quieter than we expected for mid June, however my partner and I still enjoyed ourselves.

Only downside for hotel is the entertainment. Aimed at the 'older generation', however a parrot show was there one night.

I would recommend the hotel however if you're there for hardcore partying and want to be in the midst of it all you will have to walk or go July/Aug

• Holiday details: Jun 2011, All Inclusive, booked with Lowcost holidays
  • Advice: Shopping centres
by shaunbilly

You get what you pay for.

"My boyfriend and i have just returned from a week all inclusive at the Beverley Park Hotel,we are ages 28 & 33.The hotel itself is very clean with daily maid service who were friendly enough and did not get in your way.Would reccommend asking about the air con as ours didnt work!

The hotel was very clean throughout including the restaurant,grounds and pools.

The hotel does mainly cater for spanish guests but the staff are pleasant enough and speak/understand your needs.The majority of the guests are spanish and can be rude at times but you learn to live with it and it can even be quite amusing at times!

The restaurant and outside bar serve a fair range of food which is what you would expect in a hotel like this abroad,nothing fancy but you can always find something you like.Plenty of selection for drinks but all inclusive drinks stop at 11pm.

The entertainment was poor at the hotel but the entertainment staff were nice(Carlos especially),wouldnt reccommend the entertainment for children as while we were there the poor kids had to sing along to the birdie song and Black Lace- Superman song EVERY night!There also wasnt much for people our age to do after tea so i would suggest going out after a few all inclusive drinks to start you off!

The pools and grounds were really clean and pretty and the location is great for beaches as only over the road.You can walk along about 3 separate beaches and walk easily to the sand dunes.There are also some local shops and restaurants nearby but for a better night out at bars/clubs etc taxis are cheap enought to get to them and they are not far away,although be warned you do get harrassed by street touters to go to this bar and the other!The Thomas Cook rep Sam was great as were all the others who met and dropped us off and the boat trip to see dolphins/port Mogan is nice.They were all very efficient in organising our coaches to and from airports etc and all information we needed to know was available.

We also got a packed lunch from the hotel for our boat trip which was quite good!

All in all a nice hotel but maily catered for spanish people and over 40,you get what you pay for but if you want a bit more evening entertainment then id go somewhere a bit more lively!

Also as usual whilst abroad shopping is great for souvaneirs ie Yumbo centre but not much else to spend your money on.

Sorry for long review but felt a fairer review was needed as its not as bad as other reviews make out!

• Holiday details: Sep 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Thomas Cook
by Janeybell

never again

"Have just got back home from a weeks

holiday at this hotel, will never stay in this hotel again..

on arrival we were left standing in the reception area while the staff stood there fully aware of out presence chattin!!! the room was always kept clean and the maids were brilliant thats the only plus side...

the room i stayed in the air con didn't work and with temps reaching nearly 40 it was wanted, it took them 2 days 2 fix this issue.. the food.... omg the food...

the same thing every day!!! and its not hot so ur left wondering if it was really just yesterdays left overs!!

oh and there is no labelling of the food so u have no clue of what it is ur eatin, so if u have allergies this hotel is not 4 u...

the pool area itself looks ok untill u see tiles missin in the pool and u cut urself on the jagged edges of the tiles... this hotel really isn't designed with the English people in mind at all, u are left feel more feelin as an inconvenience then wanted..

the 2 rating given is 4 the maids cleaning the room...

the only thing worth rating...

by russboi

Beverly Park Gran Canaria - Fab Holiday ;-)

"Just returned from a fantastic week at the Hotel Beverly Park. There were 5 of us, including my two children aged 12 and 5 and we all had a great time. Read mixed reviews before left and was worried, so felt need to write own review. great price for all inclusive, reception staff were lovely and helpful, not too much english but they new exactly what they were doing and got job done, plus my spanish is no better! Food good, lots of choice for everyone in dinner hall, found waiters/waitreses were busy but helpful.Pool bar great, all inclusive get unlimited drinks, kids help thereselves to tubs of ice cream and you can order chips, burgers, toasties, sandwiches and salads from pool bar all day long. Rooms and all hotel areas all spotlessly clean, had cleaner in every day. 3 big Pools (with lifeguard), 1 little kids pool too and a jacuzzi. Lots of space around pools and lots of sunbeds. Entertainment staff during day were brill, husband did archery, shooting, water polo, football, darts. kids mini club does loads too. Evening entertainment bit sad, Parrot show, fashion show, cheesy singer but ok.Games room for kids, pool, table football, air hockey etc. Beach literally across road. Walk 5 mins along promenade to lovely sandy beaches and shops and restaurants. If you get it at a good price then I would defo reccomend this hotel."

• Holiday details: Aug 2010, All Inclusive, booked with On The Beach
by ILOVEHOLS

oversold dump

"Booked a week with thomas cook

lied to by them

no one at the hotel spoke english

the food was rubbish

i had a man enter my room when challenged he left i rang the reception they put the phone down

i went to speak to the hotel manager who did not want to know

thomas cook rep a waste of time

they didndt even have a thomas cook book in the hotel

all the rep was interested in was selling trips

this is possibly the worst hotel i ever stayed in not 3 star mor 2 star for £100 more could have had a fours star

thomas cook you should be ashamed to have your name associated with this dump

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, half board, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: no
by gazza

Bad Hotel !!!!!!!!!!!

"Just arrived back today after 2 weeks with my husband and 1 yr old baby, oh am i glad to be home.

Where to start?

Well when first booking the holiday i had not read any reviews on the hotel, so after i booked was quite dissapointed to see the awful reviews. I called thomas cook to discuss my concerns and they told me that i couldnt change hotel and that it was to late.

Anyway i thought right i will go with a clear mind and see for myself. On arrival hotel looks quite impressive, when booking holiday i asked for a first floor room as i was travelling with a baby, we ended up on the 4th floor but that wasnt the end of the world, just a nightmare waiting for lifts when you have rude spainish people pushing you out of the way. Room was clean, although i was dissapointed with size as when we had the travel cot up not much room to move. Lovely view onto the sea front.

Restaurant --------- NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

When arriving to the restaurant you are not allocated a table, you have to find your own. No tables have cutlery so you have to go yourself, there is no waiter service for drinks, you have to que at bar so sometimes could be waiting upto 20minutes just for drinks. Food was very basic, being a vegertarian they did not cater much so i lived on chips and pasta for 2 weeks. There was nothing there for the baby so i had to go to supermarket and buy him weetabix. Getting your food is so chaotic, the spanish are so rude, they will not que and just barge straight infront, total nightmare.

After the first week i was so fed up i asked the rep if we could change hotels, she said yes thats fine, she had been getting so many complaint off the english people everyday. she told me there would just be an administration charge, well when she finally got back to me thomas cook wanted 300 euros which i was not prepared to pay after already paying over £1000 for thr holiday.

On the good side we did meet some nice english people there, but we would definately not go back to hotel.

oh yes no lilos or balls are allowed to be taken in the pool even though they sell them in hotel supermarket so be aware of that.

My personal advice would be if you have the option of changing hotel beforehand i would.

Yumbo centre is definately worth a visit, Rickys cabaret bar is great!!!!

by georgie4kev

Very impressive for a 3*

"I've just returned from a weeks stay at Beverly Park with a friend of mine. We are both 20/21 and were immediately impressed with the cleanliness and standard of the hotel for a 3*. I found the staff to be friendly and polite most of the time and as my Spanish is pretty poor it was a relief that all the staff I spoke to had some grasp of English and made an effort to converse with you in that way.

The majority of the other guests were not English and were older which I didn't find a problem to be honest although I've seen a few people have a moan on here about that! Just a thought - generally speaking if you treat people with respect they'll treat you the same way back!

The food was one of the best I've been to for an all inclusive, from experience I know it can get a bit 'samey' but I always found something to eat and thought it was a good standard for a 3* hotel.

The beach is close by, about a 5 minute walk if that but to reach it there are a lot of stairs so maybe not suitable if you have young children or mobility difficulties. I was happy just by the pool most days anyway. Although we went for a chill out holiday we did go out a couple of times to centro comercial plazawhich has loads of good bars and if you really can't stomach the food at the hotel it has a lot of places to eat to. It was about a 10 min walk from the hotel but we didn't realise this until half way through the holiday and we had been getting taxis (which reception will happily call for you if you ask) for less than 3 euros.

Entertainment in my opinion was a bit lame but everyone else seemed to be loving it, there was a child's entertainer and dancing in the evenings for the adults! I've never gone to a hotel for the entertainment and tend to make my own so can't really say much more!

Thomas Cook informed us that there would be excess baggage fees if we went over 15kg but on my way out from Gatwick I was 18kg and nothing was said. Was a different story on the way back though, they sting you for 14euros for each kg you go over! I had 20 so had to put about 7 layers of clothes on and ditch some towels and drink at the airport as I'm a student and couldn't afford £70 extra baggage! I was massively disappointed in Thomas Cook for this and felt robbed as I was still a kilo over so had to pay 14 euros and 60 cents to use my debit card! For this reason I probably wouldn't travel with Thomas Cook again!

Overall, I would recommend the hotel if you are open minded enough to not be offended bynationalities other than English people and are looking for a good value (£386pp week a/i) clean, tidy hotel but Thomas Cook are robbing b*stards!

by am468

Spanish Retirement Home!

"I have just got back from a week’s stay at this hotel with my boyfriend. We are both 18 and are quite laid back. We stayed half board. The hotel itself is very tidy and always kept clean. Some of the staff can be quite ignorant and when you say hello to them they blank you but the entertainment team in the day are very friendly and welcoming. The food was ok for the first few days until you noticed that you are eating the same thing every day and it does get quite tedious and boring after a while and we ended up eating chips every night. Also the food gets cold very quickly so by the time you have sat down for your meal, you don’t particularly want to eat it anymore. The Spanish people in the hotel were unbelievable! They were very rude, arrogant, expected to be first in every queue and pushed through the food queues and didn’t even look at you even if you said hola to them. The entertainment was a joke! It was totally catered for Spanish people with no look in for the English people staying. But saying that nothing was there for English people. Even one TV programme in English would have been nice. The drinks in the hotel were very overpriced so never drank in there and always bought drinks from the spar supermarket and went out in the evening because of the lack of entertainment and much cheaper outside of the hotel. On the plus side the pool was really nice and was always clean and all the English were really talkative and nice to each other. We went to a bar called Bar El Paso which I would highly rate! Very cheap, friendly staff and lovely cocktails! Also there was a drag act in Flash Back and he was amazing! Very funny and a must see! We caught the bus to Puerto Rico for the day which was fantastic, went on a boat trip to see dolphins for 2 and a half hours (a must do because there are loads and you will definitely see some), lovely beaches and lots of FRIENDLY PEOPLE here! The water park was a let down! I honestly would not bother going there! Very dirty and on some of the rides, everyone got stuck half way down. We had a really good time but this is mainly because of the bars we went too and what we made of our days. This hotel is definitely not a family hotel or for young people as the majority of people here were 60+, so the atmosphere is very drained and many of the children I saw were very bored in the day and even worse in the evening because of the lack of anything for the English. In the end, I think if this hotel doesn’t change it will eventually lose all there English clients. I wouldn’t rush back to this hotel but would definitely go back to Gran Canaria :)"

• Holiday details: Jun 2010, Half Board, booked with Bookable Holidays.co.uk
  • Advice: Fish around for the hotels which are suited for you
by Abbie

1 2 38 »

Map for Beverly Park Hotel Closest airport: Gran Canaria (LPA) 15.7 miles

Top traveller tips for Beverly Park Hotel
  • by ianfareham

" Italian restaurant overloking the bay - lovely pizza "

• by emmalouise-13

" Its free, and an experience to go to the dunes! "

• by portland

" go on safari we did and it was fantastic "

• by carolinamoon

" Lovely walks along the front of the hotel with lovely restaurants and little trinket shops. "

• by mjstokie

" The jeep safari and the vip tour are a must "

• by Kaye & Jake

" Its nice and friendly and near the beach "

• by Janeybell

" Nice hotel and location for over 30s. "