Club Alla Turca

Cleanliness: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Club Alla Turca

1 2 »
Dalyan Daze

"We stayed at the Club Alla Turca hotel during the half term break. We stayed at the hotel on the recommendation of my sister in law. She was spot on, the complex is made up of small blocks of 12 rooms, the gardens are well maintained and the whole hotel has a family atmosphere to it, not stuffy, with a quality feel.

The breakfast is a buffet style, with something for everyone,with a Turkish influence to it. We did eat in the restaurant one evening and found it to be very good and not expensive, but we went with the intention of eating at the many good restaurants in the town so did not eat there again unfortunately.The staff at the hotel were really friendly & helpful and had a sense of humour! particularly the Waitress Muhabet who played tricks on our daughters and one day they helped me cool down in the pool by bombarding me with ice!

The Hotel is situated away from the main part of the town, but don't let that put you off. The hotel has a shuttle bus, but we preferred to walk on a well made & lit path at the side of the river, it takes about 15 minutes to walk but it's so pleasant and a great opportunity to walk off a big dinner!

We liked the following restaurants, Ali Baba's, Ceyhan (Visit this in morning to see him feed the river Turtles) Ramazan Han (This was our favourite with great staff Ramasan, Safir & Mehmet who were so helpful) If you want a cheap meal, try Hadigari near Ali baba's but they have special Turkish dishes,in big stainless steel containers, just inside which you can choose a portion of. they come with side dishes of your choice.

Whilst talking about the Ceyhan restaurant, we took a boat trip to the Mudbaths at Sultaniye, The boatman next to the restaurant is a man called Osman Aslan. His boat is called Antik. What a great guy, he took us to the reed beds on the way and showed us a baby turtle, basking in the sun, He continued with a swimming stop and explained what we needed to do at the Mudbaths. He even took our photographs whilst he waited for us. By the time we had finished, we felt like we had known him for years.

• Holiday details: Oct 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by Julie, Simon Paige and Meesha

No praise high enough!!

"Dalyan, wow! It's beautiful river location, lush green with flowers that add dashes of bright colour in every direction. Mountains sheltering it and cooling breezes to calm the temperatures. Something different to do every day - no two days need be the same; how could it be any better....

Club Alla Turca - Dalyan's crowning glory. Hospitality unrivalled! A welcome to make you feel immediately at home. Nothing is too much trouble. Every facility you could wish for. So many reviews describe the hotel but it surpasses any expectations you would have for such a reasonably priced hotel. Immaculately clean, attention to detail never slips.

For me, the quiet colourful gardens were the most enjoyable place to sunbathe, with beanbag chairs & mattresses, hammocks as well as sunbeds, with plenty of shady areas for those who wish to stay out of the sun. But the pool area was lovely too, with comfy sunbeds and a very large pool.

I had heard of Club Alla Turca because of it's excellent food and although we were B&B customers, we were so delighted with the gorgeous food that we "ate in" many times. The very best dessert, not just in Turkey but in the world, can be found here; the Alla Turca Fruit Crepe! Make a note of it as something to try before you die.

To top off this wonderful stay at Club Alla Turca, a little added extra was being able to watch and photograph the swallows which were nesting and fledging right outside our room. The hotel staff patiently cleaned up below the many nests so that cleanliness was never compromised.

Our departure came all too soon. We will return!

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
by David&Jane

Lovely holiday

"Just got back from 1 week at Club alla turca, Dalyon..I honestly can not think of one thing I didnt enjoy about the hotel. The food was great plenty of choice at the evening buffet, salads are superb and never the same thing twice. Breakfast was equally good.The staff were amazing, nothing was too much trouble, I had my 2 year old son with me and he was welcomed with open arms, everyone from the cleaners to the big bosses stopped to chat always with a smile and to play with him. There was a good little childrens park, and pool for him to play in. Our room was great too, modern furnishings and clean, clean, clean. New towles everyday and bins changed. I have never stayed in a cleaner hotel. I cant wait to go back, which is something i never do as a rule I like to visit different places on my yearly holidays, but this place is a real find you just dont want to leave.. when you have had it this good its going to be hard to find anywhere else to match it. Club Alla Turca truly is a wonderful place to holiday..."

by jammers

Just returned from a week at the Club...

"Just returned from a week at the Club Alla Turca - what a fabulous holiday. Perfect for myself and my friends - lovely hotel, good food, friendly staff and beautifully clean too. Very different from my previous experience of Turkey ... the location was perfect too with spectacular scenery and a short transfer time.

If you go, do make sure that you take an all day boat trip with one of the locals. We had a wonderful day snorkelling, sunbathing,turtle watching and learning how to fish.

This place is a little gem, so don't tell too many people about it.

Ruth

ps Do take your insect spray - not a huge problem, but better to be safe than sorry.

by R Brown

This was our first trip to Turkey but...

"This was our first trip to Turkey but definitely won't be our last. The Club Alla Turca hotel was absolutely fantastic. Beautiful setting and thoroughly relaxing. The rooms were comfortable and exceptionally clean, good air conditioning, mini bar and hair dryer. The rooms were cleaned every day, towels and bedding changed every other day.

The staff were brilliant, everyone was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was excellent, buffet style, with so much choice both for breakfast and dinner. We spent 11 nights at the Alla Turca and never had the same menu twice!

The pool was a great size and there are plenty of sun loungers around the pool and also in the well maintained gardens.

The centre of Dalyan is a 10 min walk from the Alla Turca, and there are tons of good reasonably priced eateries to choose from, we particularly enjoyed the Ceyhan restaurant on the river side which offered a good selection of Turkish and English food, well worth a visit.

We were recommended by a friend to take a boat trip to Ekincik (swimming in the sea and snorkelling at different bays) with Captain Ali on the boat named Calbis, we found his boat moored outside the Melodi Inn at the harbour. The trip started at 10am and ended at 5pm, the trip included a wonderful barbecue on board, with Captain Ali cooking the meat and his wife preparing a great selection of salads and rice. The price worked out at £40 for the three of us and this included the food and beers/soft drinks, such a great day and a really good price. Well worth it.

We did intend to take other trips out, but couldn't get our son out of the hotel pool, but there are so many different trips to take, sporty or historical, whatever takes your fancy. We would highly recommend Dalyan to anyone and the Alla Turca in particular.

by J Faraday

Wonderfully Friendly and Convenient

"My wife and I stayed here in April/May 2007. it was our first visit toTurkey and once the staff realised this, they couldn't do enough for us.

The rooms were very clean and very well maintained and cared for. The food in the hotel was very good and very reasonably priced.

The hotel itself is an easy 10minute walk into Dalyan town Centre (along the riverside) with tremendous views of the surrounding mountains. Far enough out of town to be nice and quiet but close enough for a leisurely stroll at any time of the day or night.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we will return later this year and I would recommend it to anyone.

by DgsSurrey

My husband and I stayed at this hotel...

"My husband and I stayed at this hotel in July 2006.

We can honestly say that we have been to Turkey many times and this has to be the best and cleanest hotel we have stayed in.

The food at lunchtime was exquisite, the service was impeccable and we could not fault anything.

In the evening, you can stroll down to Dalyan town and dine by the harbour side with a view of the rock tombs which are lit when it turns dark.

There are harbour side restaurants with the boats travelling up and down the river at night with their little lights aglow.

One of the best restaurants we dined at was the "Denizati Restaurant" which is a fish and steakhouse. Try their chicken salad starter it’s delicious. This restaurant faces the harbour so it cannot be missed. Sitting there and having wonderful meals and wine in the evening is a delight.

We would definitely return to this hotel and Dalyan and recommend both to anyone wanting a relaxing quiet holiday.

Word of warning - go outside of school holidays as children are very noisy when staying at the hotel as the pool is wonderful and children get very excited.

by  N Marshall

Loved this hotel

"My husband and i chose to stay here after reading reviews on Trip Adviser. We were not disappointed. We found the hotel spotlessly clean and very attractive. The staff were helpful and friendly and I need to go on a diet after the delicious food.

We had booked bed and breakfast thinking we would mainly be eating in the town In fact we had most of our evening meals in the hotel because the food was so good and also in October it gets dark early and the walk along the river path with its mossies didn't really appeal.

The hotel has satellite tv and a lot of the programmes are english language with Turkish subtitles so I could watch my favourite CSI no problem.

This was our first visit to Turkey and we will definitely be coming back. Dalyan is a fantastic resort and one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to.

by LinDoB

Lovely friendly hotel

"After reading one of the reviews I was slightly worried about staying at this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised and pleased. It is set back just abit from the river which isn't quite so bad for the mosquito promblem{ which is realy bad in this area, buy the local spray]. The staff are really friendly very helpful, excepting the first occassion when we arrived, we arrived to late for dinner, we asked if snacks were available but the receptionist just shrugged, so we had to make do with a can of nuts, which wasn't very good after a long day travelling.

The rooms were a little smaller than I expected, but if you are not happy they will move you, when you book try to get an upstairs room, more privacy! Lovely sized pool for a small hotel, plenty of sun-beds.be warned the hotel is about a good 15 minutes walk from the town, they provide a bus service but it is not on request, so anyone with walking promblems will find it hard unless you use taxi's.

The food at breakfast was slightly disappointing, the bread is lovely though. Be warned tea, drinks etc. are expensive, but then hotels always are.

Dalyan is a lovely place, not too crowded, the river and coastal trips are just great, a tip if you like peace away from the crowds arrange the hire of a boat privately it could be cheaper or just alittle more but so much better.

If this hotel had any short-coming it was more than made up for by the friendliness of the maids, & bar staff.

by JudeD

Very relaxing

"We have just returned from a fortnight's holiday at this lovely hotel. We had been recommended by my brother, who has been several times, and everything he said was true. It is family-run and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Our room was very cheerful and kept immaculately clean by a delightful lady who, when she found out it was our anniversary, decorated our bed with fresh flowers. A cake also appeared at the pool bar that evening - in fact this happened whenever guests were celebrating birthdays, etc. The grounds are beautiful and the photos on the hotel website do not do them justice as they were taken when the hotel was first built and before the plants had matured. The pool was fab and, because none of the buildings were more than three storeys high, you could laze on one of the many loungers just looking at the surrounding mountains and the house martins and swallows swooping over the pool. Breakfast was buffet style, with lots of choice and was served until a very civilized 10am. Snack lunches were available in the shade. We did not eat dinner at the hotel as we wanted to be free to try the many restaurants in and around the town (which was about ten minutes walk from the hotel). Although a busy town it still had a very rural feel to it and was very friendly. There are lots of excursions available and organisers will collect you from the hotel - as will some of the restaurants that are a bit further out. Just ask at Reception. We will definitely return."

by Lil22

The hotel was very good, beautiful...

"The hotel was very good, beautiful location, having arrived in the middle of the height when I opened the blinds on the first morning it was breathtaking with the sun just rising over the mountains. The hotel is clean and well maintained, it does have UK style toilets in the bathrooms which you don't get in all Turkish resorts. The design of the hotel is well laid out. Several two storey buildings set around half the pool with a children's play area at the other end, most of the bedrooms have views to the mountains from the bedroom balcony. The air conditioning was very good and most welcoming as it’s obviously extremely hot in August.

It is a lovely hotel, quiet and very relaxing. Suitable for those of us who like to make their own entertainment, if you are someone who likes to stay in your hotel and have the entertainment laid on for you then this is not really for you.

The breakfast was a Turkish style buffet which was very good. There were also a few hot dishes with a chef making either French toast, pancakes or fried eggs (one item per day) - a good selection of fruit and breads with the usual meats, cheeses and olives. Freshly squeezed orange juice was also available at a supplement. We stayed in the hotel for a buffet style evening meal only one night, which was good but one of my sons only likes very plain food, so there was not too much for him to choose. We had chosen to go bed and breakfast because we enjoy trying different restaurants each evening.

The hotel pool was a good size in relation to the number of rooms. It never seemed over crowded and there was always sufficient sun loungers available. There was a bar in the pool area the drinks were pretty expensive compared to outside the hotel, just over a UK pound for a soft drink or coffee which can mount up when you have 3 children, we did bring some drinks we had bought in a local supermarket one day (coke and Fanta) and the bar man came to ask us not to drink them around the pool, which was a little annoying as he turned a blind eye to the young Turkish group who were bringing in beer from the local supermarket.

Apart from this one particular bar man all the other staff were polite, courteous and helpful.

The resort of Dalyan is lovely, sited in a beautiful location in the river delta with views of the cliffs and Lycian tombs. There are lots of restaurants in Dalyan but they all seem to have similar menus so it's quite difficult working out which are the good ones. We found Ali Babas restaurant was one of the better value places to eat, there is no menu. The food is displayed in a glass cabinet and the owner explains the various dishes to you. The other one we liked was Caretta Caretta in the square near the Mosque.

There are lots of outdoor activities to be enjoyed. We used a tour company called Kanous, which I had found on the internet before we left. I can thoroughly recommend their service. We went on several trips with them and they always restricted the number of people on the trips they organised. On the early morning boat trip to Bacardi Beach there was only us and a Dutch family. At one of the stops we saw a family we had met on an earlier trip and they were on the same tour as us with a different company who had squeezed about 30 people onto a boat the same size as the one we were using! The Jeep Safari with Kanous is also highly recommended, the children had lots of fun and we stopped for lunch at a restaurant built over a mountain stream well off the beaten track, which you would not have found otherwise. We also did the 12 Island Cruise on a Gulet and an excellent lunch was provided, then the sail was used for part of the journey (only nine of us on boat), again on talking to another family who used another company they were disappointed the sail was not used as they had been promised, and also there were about 20 people on their boat.

To summarise, we had a really good holiday, great weather, lots to do and some good bargains to be had on market day (Saturday). The retailers were friendly and not too pushy, as they are in other parts of Turkey, when it comes to making a sale.

One word of warning, mosquitoes. Because Dalyan is set in a river delta they are plentiful - I bought the local insect repellant which worked fairly well.

by  Helen Stockdale

Club Alla turca situated about a mile...

"Club Alla turca situated about a mile from the town centre is a Delightful friendly family run hotel with spacious rooms and superb gardens and pool area. In the most wonderful setting imaginable.

I have travelled all over the world and its taken me a long time to find paradise! just two minutes from the river bank complete with shady little restaurants and resident turtles. A nice gentle 5 minute stroll along the river to the town centre with a, wonderful selection of restaurants, all very reasonably priced. a good selection of shops a Saturday market, where you can pick up a bargain and share a joke with the locals, a mosque and a harbour where the boats ferry you to a delightful beach and back for only two pounds, worth it just for the ride.

On the way you can see historical rock tombs set into the rock face and near the beach the boat manoeuvres through a maize of high reed beds teeming with wild birds. Dalyan has it all, natural beauty ,peace and tranquillity, history, nature, delightful friendly people who are only too happy to let you share their paradise on earth for a week or two. Definitely a place to go back to.

by  J Duncan

1 2 »

Map for Club Alla Turca Closest airport: Dalaman (DLM) 12.3 miles

Top traveller tips for Club Alla Turca
  • by David&Jane

" Jeep safari (be prepared little jeep rivalry), ancient Caunos, river & seaboat trips-snorkelling. "

• by Julie, Simon Paige and Meesha

" We liked the following restaurants, Ali Baba's, Ceyhan (Visit this in morning to see him feed the ri "