Carmina Hotel

Hisaronu Kayakoy Yolu Oludeniz, Hisaronu, Turkey

Stayed at Carmina Hotel?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Food: 6.5/10
Value: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Carmina Hotel

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
DONT GO THERE by weejenny555

My husband and I have been going to turkey for the past 15 yrs and can honestly say with hand on heart this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in, the staff were very Unfriendly and unhelpful, the bar staff were all for their own LOUD music, everyone was complaining about it, but still it boomed out dance music ALL day long, breakfast was served between 7.30 and 10 am, people were coming for breakfast at 9.45 and told there was nothing left for them, surely they know how many people were in hotel for b&b, I spoke to James the Thomas cook rep, and he said he would have a word with them, after this they did put extra food on table,but not a lot, flies everywhere, and I feel that James the rep was scared to speak with them, as they more or less told him to get lost,I really wonder if Thomas cook get these reports from this hotel as they never seem to do anything about it,after all we work hard to go on holiday, we have stayed in 1 star accomodation which was more like 4 star accomodation compared to this hotel,this is the 1st complaint I have ever reported about any hotel we have stayed in in turkey, and shall never stay in this hotel again, the only good people here was the maids and the reception staff.

All Change by LoobyLou1975

After my boyfriend took his son to this hotel in May and came home banging on about how good it was and how great the staff were, I couldn’t wait to book up for us to go in September. When we got there we found out that the members of staff that had made his holiday so great (Janine, Sirac & Nebi) had since left due to a falling out with the owners. This was a great disappointment to us both as the staff that were in their place just weren’t as friendly, apart from Kemel who worked very hard and couldn’t do enough to help.

The hotel was a good base and kept very clean by the amazing cleaners, I think ours was called Esme and she was great. We only ate at the hotel once and it wasn’t great, we didn’t really stay in the bar in the evening as the atmosphere wasn’t that good and the music was way too loud so you couldn’t really chat. I would advise you to be careful if you start a tab as I heard many people questioning their bill. I would also advise you check your change if you pay for drinks at the bar.

The hotel is only a few seconds from the main town with loads of restaurants and bars. There are a couple of restaurants I would definitely recommend, they are The Rainbow, The Piano Bar and The Suntrap..excellent food and good value for money. Also worth a mention is the Harmony Bar and the sunset cruise was amazing. Would also recommend Billy’s Beach which is a beautiful lagoon with a sandy beach, there is a free bus from the hotel to the beach in the morning and will pick you up and bring you back in the afternoon.

All in all a great week, would definitely go back to Turkey as the people are so friendly but would avoid the Carmina next time.

• Holiday details: Sep 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Lots of bars & restaurants
  • Activities: Sunset Cruise

ok by disillusioned guest

Well we stayed at the Carmina and have never stayed in such a disgusting room ever, dont get me wrong the pool area and bar area are fine all staff are friendly and very helpfull and the resort is fantastic, but the rooms are disgusting! The amienities that are described are non existent, the rooms smell of mould ,there is mould growing on the bathroom ceilings ,Every guest that checked in that we talked to expressed their disgust and asked to be moved as we did, allbeit to another room exactly the same, take a tip buy plenty air freshner and complain to ur rep.

• Holiday details: Aug 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently
  • Good For: , City Breaks

Fantastic, Friendly service... by alrich89

Just think ... You are in a fabulous country and your room is just a base. Myself & my partner never had a fridge (for water - you need lots of it!), nor even a sunny side balcony (down on the ground floor - didn't need the air-con on !) but... even though it was basic accomodation, the hotel was the best I have ever stayed in !!

The bar manageress/restauranteur was an english woman called Janine and her Turkish husband. They truly did go that extra mile to ensure our week stay there was a memorable one. Anything you had problems with they made sure were sorted. For instance, my watch lost its glass face, so Janine's husband took the watch to Fethiye & had it fixed for just a tennner - how good is that !!!

The pool is so clean & all the staff there cannot do enough for you to ensure you have a good stay. They even do good value, home cooked Curry / Bar-BQ/Turkish nights if you don't want to venture about 1 minute away into the resort itself !

I recommend this hotel if you are lucky enough to read this revew... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Thomas Cook

Great value for money by S&A

Just returned from a FANTASTIC 10 days at the Carmina.

As a couple in our twenties we were looking for a holiday that gave us a nice, clean place to relax with a chilled out atmosphere but which also provided the nightlife if we wanted it! & thats exactly what we got.

Having stayed in various other Turkish resorts over the past few years, I understand totally that you get what you pay for when it comes to hotels. Arriving at the Carmina I was not expecting The Ritz as we hadn't payed Ritz prices! We booked a budget holiday to enable us to spend more on activities throughtout the stay and as we only ever sleep at the hotel, we don't need chandaliers and four poster beds! However, I must say this is one of the nicest Turkish hotels I have stayed in and one of the best resorts.

Firstly, the hotel was immaculate, great sized room with kitchen/diner and living/bed area. Good food available and great atmosphere with pool games, Turkish nights and BBQ's throughout the week. I cannot fault the cleanliness at all. The cleaner cleaned our room top to bottom everyday, changing the towels every other day which she left in a beautiful display with fresh flowers each time. The pool was clean as was the restaurant and bar area and ALL the staff where lovely and extremely helpful, especially Sammy and Atti. I only had one 'issue' with this hotel, and that was that it was very close to a Mosque which blasted out very loud chants about 5 times a day, this wasn't such a problem but one rang out at around 5 o clock each morning and always woke us up with a start. But I can hardly complain about that when I choose to travel to a prodominantly Muslim country.

The hotel is situated just a 2 minute walk from the centre of Hisaronu centre with plenty of shops, bars and resturants to choose from (Shanghai Chinese with the Sunset Terrace and Castello were our favourite places to eat!) Olu Deniz beach is a 5-10 minute bus ride away which only costs 2.5 lira each and is where we spent most of our 10 days, absolutely beautiful beach and gorgeous blue sea. (The hotel does provide a free bus to Olu Deniz which leaves at 10:30am each day arriving back about 5:30pm!) Fethiye is a 15 minute bus journey away, the market is great on a Tuesday but aside from that personally I cant see the attraction of going there.

There are plenty of excursions and activities to choose from. We did the paragliding at Olu Deniz which I cannot emphasis enough how amazing it was. So worth it if you get the oppourtunity. We paid £50 each and booked through a lovely English lady, Debbie, at Cadianda Travel on the main street in Hisaronu who uses a ompany called Gravity in Olu Deniz. Lovely guys there and made our holiday with the paragliding experience. Also, if you enjoy a bit of cabaret, go to the Copacobana! Was a great laugh!!

Overall, this was a great holiday and I would definately return to the Carmina if visiting Hisaronu again.

• Holiday details: Jul 2009, Bed & Breakfast, Booked Independently

Magical by alderman

We arrived in the middle night at the Carmina Hotel, the receptionist gave us a warm, welcoming smile and placed us in a lovely room looking over the pool. After a few hours sleep we ventured out to breakfast which was a simple but tasty traditional Turkish breakfast consisting of eggs, ham and cheese. The hotel offers a free bus to their private beach at Olu Deniz which we spent a glorious first day basking in the sunshine, dipping in the refreshing lake waters and drinking Efes beer to cool us down. During the time we spent on the complex the staff were absolutely wonderful, extremely attentive, always kind with full of energy and enthusiasm. We were met most days with our bed decorated with imaginative shapes made from towels and dressed with fresh flowers. One evening the bed was so beautifully decorated we were tempted to sleep on the floor as to not disturb the cleaners delightful towel creation. The owners Janine and Sirac were so lovely with their gentle, calm approach and in turn made us feel relaxed and contented during our weeks stay. We wish them all the very best and a huge thank you for a truly magical stay at the Carmina Hotel.

• Holiday details: Jun 2009, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Thomas Cook

Go, you won't regret it! by Pool King

I've always promised myself I would never be one of those sad individuals who would ever re-visit a pace I'd been before but I made an exception with this place. It is FANTASTIC. Dead chilled, calm, clean but most importantly the staff are of the highest quality. Can't do enough for you, and not like some of those in the hospitality trade that expect something in return. They are just genuinely nice people. Although the waiting staff never fully recovered from an Geordie kicking their backsides at pool every day. (And if I recall Steve I kicked yours too matey)!!!

Fantastic place. One word - 'Go'.

hotel from heaven by stevenmunns

Well what can i say this was my first time to Turkey and also first time taking my 8 year old boy away with me, Hotel Carmina was great that the pool was clean and the everything about the place was spot on the people was out of this world as it has been taken over by a english lady and her husband this year and i am hoping to go back soon. BEST HOLIDAY I HAVE HAD FOR A LONG TIME the staff could not do enough for you, we had a lovely holiday and i would recommend the Carmina to anyone,

Great by steven munns

Well what can i say this was my first time to Turkey and also first time taking my 8 year old boy away with me, this hotel was great that the pool was clean and the everything about the place was spot on the people was out of this world as it has been taken over by a english lady and her husband this year and i am hoping to go back soon. BEST HOLIDAY I HAVE HAD FOR A LONG TIME

Lots to do

• Holiday details: May 2009, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Goldtrail
  • Advice: great place lots of places to eat and have fun
  • Activities: all the nice beeches

Excellent Friendly Hotel by bemac1964

Just back from carmina and had a great holiday thanks to the lovely friendly staff. Having read the reviews on this hotel before I went i was a bit worried but it couldnt have been better, it has new management this year an english lady, Janine and her husband Sammy who are really lovely people. This hotel has basic rooms but they are spotlessly clean with clean bedding and towels everyday, and the maids were excellent they would laugh and joke with you, I have been to lots of other places in turkey and was very impressed at the Carmina, it has a lovely clean swimming pool, which i swam in every day of my two week holiday, i took my step son and mother in law who is 82 and all the staff were great and made sure she was ok at all times they couldnt have been more helpful. We were B&B basis and the turkish breakfast was nice and you could help yourself, if you wanted english you could buy it for about £3 which we did a couple of mornigs and it was really good, as was all the other food we ate at the hotel, they also had excellent value for money turkish nights and barbeques, the hotel itself is in an excellent location and easy to get to anywhere, im so impressed im going back in september.

I would also recommend Dougie at Pioneer travel, who gave us excellent value on all our trips we booked and gave us brilliant discount. All in this was a great holiday and everyone who went to carmina at the same time were great and all had a good laugh together.

• Holiday details: May 2009, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Thomas Cook
  • Advice: Stunning
  • Activities: Boat trips
  • Good For: Beach, City Breaks

Basic but Clean by Loweries

Just arrived back from a week in Carmina, and was pleasantly surprised. Having read all the reviews prior to booking, we were not expecting the ritz hotel, but although basic and in need of some upgrading, it was kept very clean with clean towels and sheets daily, by the quite elderly but lovely cleaning lady. (she even left towel sculptures). Breakfast basic turkish fare but quite adequate, although the coffee was very weak (take your own). Great staff there who are always pleasant, and like to have a laugh with the guests, and will do their best to please if you have a problem. i.e. room changes, telly not working etc. We were allocated a groung floor room on arrival, but after reading others reviews we asked for a higher floor. Room 322 was situated at the back of the building on the 2nd floor, and although there was some noise from the local cockeral and dog, no other noise disturbed our peace, and lovely views of the mountains.

Rather than spend a boring day at the pool, catch the free dolmus(at 10 at the front of the hotel) down to St.Josephs beach. Only 10 mins travel. Beautiful tranquil spot on the blue lagoon, 10 lira for 2 sunbeds and an unbrella, and often offered a free apple tea on arrival by the owners.(public toilets also). Main Olu Deniz beach is only 20 mins walk back along the main road, but this beach is shingle and not very clean, also deeply shelving(where the other is not).

Hisaronu itself is not a huge place, but packed with bars, restaurants and shops (mainly typical tack but also some nice textile/pottery shops). We tried the recommended places to eat and didn't have a bad meal, but neither did anyone else we spoke to who had tried different places. Can recommend Daphne's for a sunday dinner, (turn right out of the hotel, just a little further down).

All in all, not our usual choice of accomodation, but a good clean base where we met some fantastic friends (got to say who, Jim and Dee), we had a brill time, so dont be afraid to book. P.S. if you dare to do it (my husband did) the paragliding is not too expensive at approx £50 , and he says fantastic. Go on, be a devil.

i would not recomend this hotel to... by D Muir

i would not recomend this hotel to any1 as it was boring same music played every day n nyt no entertainment they kept telling us there would be a karoke never was sunbeds always had towels on them by 6am staff n reps were not helpfull food n drink was not cheap n they always wld add money 2 ur bill when put on the list ALWAYS PAY UPFRONT no hot water in room door lock was broke maids stole ur change nightlife outside wasnt great people that say turkey is cheap its not go see ramos hotel and ask for uncle n shaggy gd laugh best nyt out in turkey go 2 bella vista for brekkie if uv got a spare 3 hours cause once ur in u cnt get out he toks 2 much lol.go 2 the shop at the end of the carmina the wee guy is a laugh n never over charges u.dnt hire a car there nuts on the road,if ur going 2 the hotel ask for millie only decent one there n tell him ching ching bro from the scottish taxi driver.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »
Stayed at Carmina Hotel? Share your insight.

Map for Carmina Hotel Closest airport: Dalaman (DLM) 22.2 miles
Carmina Hotel photos (5 traveller photos)