Playa Blanca Hotel

Location: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Playa Blanca Hotel

1 2 35 »
my reveiw

"me&my partner stayed at this hotel at the end of july and we was not evry impressed! none of the staff spoke english and the ones that did tried to pretend they didnt,the room was clean& comfortable but there was no air conditioning but ever hard to sleep. breakfast was always cold& the same thing everyday.the to lets in the reception area was very smelly and dirty. theere was a ground of disabled people in the hotel and the hotel doesnt provide any facilites for them. so the men and women was going in any toilet they wanted to. the pool area was very dirty full of cigarette dimps all the time. the life guard at the pool spent most time pulling pints and emtying bins rather than doing his actual job.over all opinion is that the hotel is ment to be a 3 star but no more than a 1 for us. the resort of sa coma was very nice,clean beaches,nice people and lots of nice restraunts so an all enclusive holiday cost a lot more than i bargind for."

• Holiday details: Jul 2012, booked with lowcostholidays.com
  • Advice: improve food. and cleanliness of whole building.
by Luce H

great for cheap and cheerful

"We had lovely break here april 20th 2012 really enjoyed, as another holiday maker says if you want luxuary pay for it, hotel and staff were great be pleasant and you get the same back, dolphin cafe was brill and reasonable for b/fast and lunch, the wee welsh pub roast diner was great will go back, thankyou again to jaun pe at the playa blanca."

• Holiday details: Apr 2012, Booked Independently
by Catherine C

Not as Bad as the Reviews Say!

"My husband and I booked this holiday for our honeymoon, all inclusive. We weren't expecting miracles for the price we paid (£450 all in) and have to say it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews make out! Yes the guy on reception wasn't the most helpfull, but as he was the night shift only had to deal with him once!

The room was clean and large, although there were stains on the bath, and the shower had no pressure at all LOL!

The food was basic, but very edible, only one night did I find there was nothing I could eat (and I am a fussy eater!). Neither of us had bad tummys after eating the food, and the choices were rotated, so only ate the same meal twice in one week.

The location was pretty central, and the beach and surrounding area were great. The bar was open from 10am to 10pm, but that wasn't a problem, as you just stock piled drinks before 10pm.

The only thing that ruined our holiday were the fellow Brits complaining about the hotel! You get what you pay for, and it wasn't that bad; I've stayed in worst.

If you are on a budget and want a get away, then this is great. If you expect 5* service at 3* prices, then don't bother LOL!

• Holiday details: Oct 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Don't expect miracles for the price!
by Newlywed

good for all inclusive drunks

"After over 40 years of travelling this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. The only thing half good was the room and the fact that it was clean. On arrival we had to wait over half an hour before the (German loving) reception

man appeared. He was basically a very rude ignorant man who could not give a damb about anything. Food was repetitious, when any thing ran out you had to ask along with many others before more was brought out. You were expected to clear your plates away after. One day we left a plate and cup on a table outside at breakfast time and it was still there at evening time. Nice pool and surround but usual thing all the beds with towels on them and no bodies. Basically, there is no management in control and what could be a nice hotel is just a shambles.

The only people enjoying themselves were the drunks on ALL INCLUSIVE who queued at the bar to drink out of plastic.

Although this is a cheap hotel you will be lucky to get value for money unless you drink all day.

• Holiday details: Sep 2011, Half board, booked with lowcostrooms
  • Advice: Think twice
by bobandmo

not that bad

"Just had a week at the Playa Blanca.Not as bad as a lot of these reviews are saying , I don't think. Had a great time.Great location.There are a few things that could be better but you get what you pay for. Everyone friendly apart from the Germans who hog sunbeds all day everyday and some people going around to people complaining about everything and ruining other peoples holidays when there just enjoying the good things."

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, Breakfast Included, booked with bookable holidays
by max85

worst holiday ever

"i no it was a cheap holiday but i never expected this. i travelled on the 30th of june to palma in majorca we stayed at the playa blanca hotel in s'illot sa coma. it is by far the worst holiday that me and my daughter have ever been on. it is hard to know where to start with the problems that we encountered. firstly the picture that you display on the website for bookin is severly out of date when we arrived the hotel looked dirty and looked like it hadnt been cleaned in years. next we got into the room to find that our beeday was cracked and water was all over the bathroom floor this was immediately reported to reception where they said that they would send someone to fix it this problem had to be reported a further 3 times and it was not until the day before we came home that it was actually attended to and resolved so we had to spend all week walking on the bathroom floor full of water which was really dangerous on a night because it made it very slippery on the tiled floor in the dark. also the maids never once cleaned the room other than to make the beds and leave fresh towels, the floors were never swept or mopped and the bath and sink never washed out and for a hotel i think that this is disgusting and have never known anything like this. The maid never left us a toilet roll once we had to go to reception 3 times in the week to ask for one which me and my daughter found to be really degrading as the staff didnt seem to understand what we were asking for. another problem with the room was on the balcony the poles were secured in with string and tissues which was highly dangerous as we could not go near the edge as the bars wobbled, we were only on the first floor but if i had a small child who ran out onto the balcony and straight to they edge the would have easily fallen off which could have been fatal.The next problem which we found that the all inclusive was from 10am to 10pm and the bar staff had the clock set 15 mins fast so they would not serve drinks after 9:45pm so we was not getting the full entitlement. there was no snacks or icecreams available during the day and with a 6 hour wait between breakfast and lunch it was a long time to go with no snacks. probably the most major problem from the whole holiday was the pool and the poolside first morning there we were not able to get a sun lounger as there was only 30 sunbeds max of which 3 were broken for 3 hotels to share so in peak season will be around 600 people. when we were finally able to get a bed around the pool the floor looked like it hadnt been cleaned for at least 6 months it was sticky from drink spillages in turn was run alive with ants all around where you were sunbathin so you couldnt put your drink on the floor as ants would crawl in it. you only had to put your bare feet on the floor for less than a minute and they were black. the pool was not much better it was covered in dirt along the bottom of the pool there were also tiles which had fallen off the sides of the pool a lot of these were broken and could easily cut feet. me and my daughter didnt go in the pool once due to the condition of the pool which was really disappointing. we only witnessed the pool been cleaned once in the week that we were there and the job that was done was really not adequate as it still looked the same all that was done was the bits floatin on the top of the pool were fished out. the lifeguard was supposed to be around the pool from 10:30 til 17:30 every day but what the hotel failed to mention is that he is also the bar man during this time and spent more time inside seving drinks than watching the pool this is negligence as if there had been an accident the lifeguard would not have known straight away due to the fact he was stuck behind the bar all day.The day before we came home the staff brought new brollys out and cleaned the bottom of the pool but it was too little to late. the restraunt in the hotel was less than basic the food that was served was cold and catered for the spanish and german and my daughter had to live on salad and chips for the whole week as there was nothing she could eat the choice was limited to one meat and a fish each meal and the desert was not much better with one cake and fruit as a choice often the fruit would be going off to say the least near on mouldy. after every meal we had to clear our own pots onto a tray which was left by the deserts which i thought to be unhygenic. at breakfast there was a 2 slice toaster which didnt work very well to serve 3 blocks of the hotel which was ridiculus as there would always be a queue and your food had gone from been luke warm to stone cold by the time the toast was done. on the last day the toaster was replaced but with another 2 slice toaster which for a hotel is stupid. on the sunday at lunch time we were suprised to see that the tables had been set out with wine and glasses and cutlery but we werre then shocked to find that we were not allowed to sit in there as it was for the local spanish people who were not even staying at the hotel to eat we had to sit outside by the pool with the ants and eat our food. this really annoyed me as we payed good money and to be told we are not even allowed to eat in the restraunt really it angered me. also the hotel staff didnt seem to care as everyday a spanish family of around 8 people staying at the hotel on a hb basis were allowed to go and help thereself to lunch and were never charged for it they were told off first time they did it but after that the staff just allowed them to go back day after day which was not fair as we had to pay and they got it for free. there was no entertainment at all other than spanish music on a sat evening but we could not get a seat as they were all taken by the local residents so we had to go out and pay for drinks in a bar because we couldnt sit at the hotel and use our all inclusive. there was no rep at the hotel and all the inforamtion was in spanish or german and seen as the staff had very limited englished we feel that there should have been some english information for the guests to use. all in all i have to say i have never in 30 years of going abroad had to stay in a hotel like this and i feel that me and my daughter wasted our money on this holiday which is money that had to be worked really hard for and could have been spent on a better holiday we are really disappointed and will not be telling anyone to book a holiday through yourselves as we have had such a bad experince with this holiday and feel we need another holiday to get over the trouble and disappointment we have had with this one."

• Holiday details: Jul 2011, All Inclusive, booked with a1 travel on teletext
  • Advice: dont stay there if you can help it but the resort was amazing would definately go back to the resort but different hotel
by katie1990

Holiday from HELL !!!!!

"Well what can i say what a holiday. It was mine and my boyfriends first holiday abroad. We were not impresed we got dropped of at the wrong hotel to start with and then after an argument we got the right hotel. First impressions were horrible tatty,dirty and very run down. The reception staff were rude and unhelpful. The room was small and dirty, the chest of draws and wardrobes were falling apart the sliding doors didnt slide and just fell apart. The rails on the balacony wernt fixed properly so not suitable for children. the bed sheets didnt get changed daily and they didnt change the towels. In the bathroom well i had a bath and all i could see was balls of dust hanging down the back of the radiators and the food was the same neally everyday. some days the food was cold and not very appatising. The bar was not very all inclusive the bar was only open 10 till 10 and after that the bar was shut completly. There was no snack bar.

We do not recommend this hotel it is really not a nice hotel it should be shut down!!!!!!!!

• Holiday details: May 2011, All Inclusive, booked with teletext holidays
by jo

Not that bad

"We visited in April 2011 and I was very worried after reading the reviews but things were that bad. The hotel badly needs an update and the staff could be alot friendlier but we paid £150 for a week all inclusive and you get what you pay for. Food was pretty much the same daily but there was salad meat pasta and chips so it wasn't that bad. I agree the cleaning in the communal area eg the pool could have been better we didn't see anyone cleaning any of these area the whole week. The room was fairly clean and cleaned every day beds made and clean towels if you wanted them. The beach was good and I would go back again to that area."

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Eat out a couple of times
by Denise

Total Pleasure For The Homeless

"I think not! To be perfectly honest I wouldn't even think the homeless would step one foot into the door of this place! Actually! SCRATCH THAT! They wouldn't even look at the place. I went on a family holiday or somewhat how you could call a family holiday. With the mother, sister, brother and two family friends. We went for only and I emphasise 'only' 3 nights, well felt like a life time. Life time of luxury? Nooo! Far from it my friend, more like hells back on earth again. The place reminded me of a old persons home or maybe a mental asylum from first impressions, oh I forgot and last. But thing is what was so particular or different, genuine maybe about this place was the strange feeling that everyone and eveything had a odd sense about them and it. It's hard to explain but the place seemed out of the ordinary, frightful like. Anyway it wasn't just the scary edge this place gave it was also the food! Now that's something people think would be perfect, spot on, totally refreshing. Well no it also wasn't, food was given when it was well given. Be there first and get the whole package of warmed up leftovers, or come last and get extra frozen leftovers your choice. The dinning area was a state, didn't even seem like it had seen a cleaning service in decades. And most of the food was plentiful but stale. Mould was gripping it's hold here I must imply. Ah I know what I forgot! The rooms! most important must understand where your head is laying at night mustn't you. Well let me say there is no point. Stench! Was unbearable! Dirty, rusty, flithy and degrading for anyone to live in. And as I told you we only stay 3! nights! So my conclusion to this perfect holiday scene is go at you own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you."

• Holiday details: Mar 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Just don't bother.
by Joshie

What a total disgrace

"This hotel was 3 star all inclusive just got back with my family couldnt believe what we were living in it was absolutely filthy, one of the rooms stunk of drainage or sewerage my son and daughter had to stay in my room with my young son four in a bed. Went to eat in restaurant and saw a man pick up a bread roll from the floor and put it back on the buffet, all the yoghurts were out of date had to complain, also asked for beans and told couldnt have them yet breakfast was served from 8 till ten and it was 9.30 had to eat the leftovers. My family and i had to trek to find shops for food to feed the young children as nothing to our satisfaction, found a hypermarket and stayed there for our dinner for 2 days felt ill. Made faulty towers look like the ritz i am not one for complaining but this was a total disater and would not recommend to anybody. It needs to be refurbished or closing down."

• Holiday details: Apr 2011, All Inclusive, Booked Independently
  • Advice: needs refurbishing or pulling down.
by shazbaz

bad choice if your english

"if your a pensioner and can speak german you could tolerate it but the hotel is awful sockets hanging off the wall towel rail also hanging off the patio door didnt lock a crack in tha main door entrance floor tiles cracked and bits missing from them. the food was never hot sometimes even cold glad never went all in as what you had for tea would be following days dinner the staff werent very helpful at all. no entertainment apart from sats dont be fooled by the photos of this hotel they are afout 20 yrs out of date basically avoid this hotel personally i wont be going back to that side of the island"

• Holiday details: Feb 2011, h/board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: dont go there simple as its awful
by andy61

A nice break with nice people

"After reading the reveiws i was very worried about my break, But i was very happy with the hotel. The staff were very frienldly the owner Juan was a realy nice person who was very helpful. The entertainment was good and was just what was needed. The Food was different every day and was fine. The only let down was that the local shops were closed but a 15 min walk or a five mins walk took us to a place full of shops. It was our own fault for going in Mid November. i would go back and i am planing the next trip early in 2011"

• Holiday details: Nov 2010, All Inclusive, booked with Cosmos
  • Advice: Nice place good for a total rest
by Duncs

1 2 35 »

Map for Playa Blanca Hotel Closest airport: Palma de Mallorca (PMI) 34.4 miles

Top traveller tips for Playa Blanca Hotel
  • by jo

" A walk up to the castle or on the glass bottom boat to the caves "

• by Catherine Clarke

" great for cheap holiday "