Guinea Apartments

Calle Helsinki 4, Gran Canaria 35100, Spain
2.5 star

Stayed at Guinea Apartments?

Share your opinion and write a review

Good

Room: 7.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 7.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Guinea Apartments

Enter your dates:

« 1 2 3 »
I am a travel agent and travelled to... by C O''Hare

I am a travel agent and travelled to these apartments 2 years ago, I was on a budget as I was only 17 and it was also my and my boyfriends first holiday together with no parents! Being a travel agent does make me fussy especially when booking my own holiday but I had no choice to book something cheap due to lack of money! I think a holiday is what you make of it alls you need is a clean room with ample facilities!

The pool was heaven, was completely dead and at some points it was like our own personal swimming pool with just the 2 of us! It is close to everything and Playa del Ingles being quite a spread out resort some of other accommodation was pretty far out but this was right in centre of everything! Pictures don't do the property any justice it is basic yes but it has everything you need!! If your expecting 4* luxury accommodation this isn't the place for you but for what you pay what do you expect?????

I returned to Gran Canaria the year after, this time to Puerto Rico where I stayed in the Gloria Palace Amadore's it was a beautiful 4* luxury hotel with everything you could wish for, guess what I seen more cockroaches round the grounds of the hotel than what I seen in the whole resort of Playa del Ingles the year before!!! I'm still in travel now and I would recommend this accommodation to anyone on a budget!! And believe me if it was a dump I wouldn't send my customers there!! It annoys me people who moan about cockroaches yes there horrible but get over it your not in England and people cant decide were they are and aren't allowed to be they move around everywhere and are unpredictable!!!

My fiancé and I stayed for one week... by C Ellis

My fiancé and I stayed for one week in October. We were dubious on arrival as the apartments were behind a high green fence, however the complex was great as they were in a fantastic location, away from prying eyes and secure. The reception guy could have been friendlier but was courteous and professional. The reception is not 24 hour and the complex locked most of the time (god help you if you lose your key!).

Our apartment was spacious and had all we needed, although slightly worn and had probably seen better days (but this is 2 star!!). There is a two ring hob, microwave, toaster and fridge/freezer, no kettle (not a problem for me as happy to boil water on the hob). Our accommodation consisted of kitchenette with breakfast bar, sitting room with sofa and two chairs, balcony with table and chairs, twin bedroom and bathroom with bath/shower. The TV is a Euro per hour with a couple of English speaking news channels.

The pool area was lovely, one floor below ground level with an additional higher level sun terrace. Cleaned regularly with plenty of sun beds but a closed pool bar!! The sun did move around the pool, but we sat centrally and got the sun all day. There were 4 other people around the pool for the first couple of days - bliss. Then it was a Spanish bank holiday and the Spaniards descended in droves. Lots of families arrived on Thursday evening and partied hard until Sunday afternoon- I think they have holiday homes there. The noise was non-stop but not unbearable as it was just families enjoying themselves.

The best thing about these apartments is the location. Turn right and its 75 steps down to the beach front. Turn left and you're looking at the Kasbah centre, left again and it's 5mins to Netto and 10mins to the Yumbo. We found a real gem of a restaurant on the beach called the Cactus, great drinks, food and friendly staff. We checked out the newly renamed QE2 in the Yumbo and loved the drag show.

We would return to and recommend the Guniea.

Nice but Noisy by Scottiboy

The apartments are good by all accounts, clean, well kept, spacious and have everything you need for a comfortable stay during a holiday. It is very close to all of the major attractions in Playa Del Ingles including the nightlife, restaurants, the beach and plenty of supermarkets and shops. The only complaint i would have is that during our stay the apartments were very noisy during the early hours of the morning (by early hours i mean from around 3am till about 7 am when people are coming back from the bars and clubs). These apartments do attract a fair number of younger groups looking for a wild week away in the sun, so no shortage of entertainment but also no shortage of chaos at night time. The main reason as i could see it for the noise was that there was nobody on duty at the apartments overnight hence no-one in an 'official' position to tell them to pipe down. If you are looking for a place to party, these are great, if you are looking for a quiet week away, go elsewhere.

Me and a friend went to Playa Del... by T Edwards

Me and a friend went to Playa Del Ingles and did not really know what to expect when we arrived at Guinea apartments, but I did not have one complaint about the place.

We did not see no cockroaches in our room, the security was excellent, cleaners were brilliant and overall the staff's attitude with us, well we could not of asked no better everyone was so polite.

The swimming pool was clean just a little chilly which you expect from most pools.

The restaurant allocated in the apartments did beautiful meals at very reasonable prices and suit everyone.

I enjoyed it that much there that I am returning this month 23/04/07 - 3days away to be precise and I cannot wait.

It hit our spot very nicely by russell_e

Well located for the beach and for the one of the main nightlife centres. We were more interested in the Yumbo - 10 minute walk was not too far for us. The best thing was the great weather we had. Early March but a high of nearly 25c every day.

The Kitchen had the basics and the fridge freezer was quite big. microwave, 2 electric rings, nice (small) breakfast bar, and nice balcony. The place generally has clearly been looked after and looks reasonably freshly painted. Wasn't entirely convinved by the security of the doors, but we didn't have a problem ourselves and there was no hint of problems from anyone else.

The pool was very clean and well looked after.

Booking wise I saw something on Telextext and booked through a company called SunSplash - no frills but no problems - though we did get a BA flight.

The main reason we chose this one was there were 3 of us and we didn't want to pay a massive single person supplement for the one room - so this worked out quite cheaply.

The food in the resort is pretty low rent, and we had to get in a taxi and ask for a spanish restaurant.

We enjoyed a day at Aqualand too - especially as there were virtually no queues in early March. If there are more than two of you don't go on the bus as the taxi is the same price but much quicker.

We found the Guinea apartments more... by B Norcross

We found the Guinea apartments more than adequate for our needs, the rooms were spacious and clean the pool and other facilities were fine and the staff were friendly.

The bar was good value for money with an excellent BBQ on Thursday night. I can personally recommend the English breakfast for both quality and value for money. Brilliant location, handy for all local attractions (beach, bars & restaurants, shops etc.)

We have booked again for February 2007 and are looking forward to it. All in all, a great place to go for a winter break without breaking the bank.

First of all the people are so... by L J  Stock

First of all the people are so friendly at guinea apartments. A very good value for money holiday. Everything was basic but clean although you have to ask the maids for clean bedding as we didn’t get any for 5 days.

Apart from that it was brilliant. Senni will make you feel extremely welcome he works in the bar down stairs.

Good also as it is close to the beach and the nightlife but not too close there was no noise at night from drunken crowds. I am hoping to go back to guinea apartments in November.

I have returned from Playa Del Ingles... by Randera

I have returned from Playa Del Ingles and stayed at the Guinea Apartments. I could not fault the accommodation at all.

The apartments were extremely clean and the rooms were cleaned twice a week with fresh towels, and the staff were very polite and helpful. The pool was superb, and the location is ideal for anyone looking for a close by beach. My sea view from the apartment was just exquisite.

The apartments are basic and very good value for money! I shall certainly be staying at the Guinea Apartments again later on this year.

P.S. I never saw a single cockroach in the building!

We recently visited there as a newly... by G Smith

We recently visited there as a newly married couple on our honeymoon. We had no expectations as we had never visited the Canaries.

We were very impressed with Guinea Apartments. The cleanliness of the apartments and the regularity of the cleaning by the maids were excellent and we found the staff really friendly and also ready to help in any way we needed.

We had no problems with cockroaches although they were around the resort, which can almost be expected where there are a lot of eating places in a very hot country. We will be very happy to revisit the Guinea Apartments on our 2nd honeymoon either this year or next.

Having just returned from the Guinea... by J Moore

Having just returned from the Guinea apartments with my girlfriend, we only have good words to say. It was superb value for money, we had a large spacious room on the top floor overlooking the bay and pool. We saw no cockroaches inside, and the room was cleaned once during our trip (Which should be enough for most travelers).

The staff could have been more cheerful, but the bar good value (with a nice barbecue on the Thursday), and the pool was nice. The location of Guinea apartments is ideal, 5 mins walk to the beach, 5 mins walk to many restaurants, and 3 minutes walk to the busy drinking and clubbing areas. Despite its close proximity to these amenities, it is located on a nice quiet street.

Overall, excellent value for money, and we'd definitely recommend it!

These apartments are basic but... by  J Lawrence

These apartments are basic but spacious accommodation, not to be faulted for value for money. They are literally a 2-3 minute walk from both the beach and the town centre.

The staff on the 24 hour reception all seemed very friendly and helpful and the pool area was clean and sheltered, a real sun trap. Maids came in to clean twice during our 7 day stay.

My only complaint was that cold showers seemed to be standard! Without fail 2 minutes after getting into the shower the hot water would run out! Apart from that, really good accommodation. Perfect for groups and couples, perhaps not so ideal for children.

Friendly but basic by chungy

We have just returned from a ten day break staying at the Guinea apartments in Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria. The apartments are very basic which we knew about before going but we did encounter a couple of problems whilst there. There was a lot of cockroaches in our apartment especially around the kitchen area. They were coming out of everywhere. We were given an aerosol to spray around the work surfaces to try and keep the buggers at bay. Also we struggled with the "hot water system". Apparently, the apartments only have a 15 litre tank so when its gone its gone - well you have to wait for it to fill up and heat up again. A little annoying when theres a group of you staying in the apartment - there were four of us and we had to start bathing/showering early so as to all get some hot water.

That aside we had a brill time and the rep (Jackie) looked after all our needs. The hotel staff were good fun too especially Nino + Senni. At a push we would go back to the Guinea apartments purely down to the very good price we got the accomodation for.

« 1 2 3 »
Stayed at Guinea Apartments? Share your insight.

Map for Guinea Apartments Closest airport: Gran Canaria (LPA) 16.5 miles