Splendid Hotel

Good

Service: 7.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Splendid Hotel

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Well positioned hotel away from the... by Barry Salisbury

Well positioned hotel away from the tourist hustle and bustle, but within walking distance to places of interest.

Room was spacious, quiet with excellent facilities for a 3 star hotel and the breakfast was extensive, a good start to a day's sightseeing. All the hotel staff were very hospitable and helped with any information we needed.

On the opposite corner to the Hotel Splendid is the Principe bar, a locals bar with patrons and staff who are welcoming, and are happy to inform on good local eateries. Not commonly used by tourists, the bar adds to the Barcelona experience.

The hotel is in easy walking distance to the Placa de Catalunya, from where the tourists hop on and off buses depart, and are recommended to first time visitors to Barcelona. Maps and an audio are supplied enabling the tourist to earmark places of interest for an extended visit on the excellent Metro system.

Would highly recommend the Hotel and beautiful Barcelona for a pleasurable experience to remember.

This hotel was very cheap but was... by C Nightly

This hotel was very cheap but was surprisingly good.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were really nice. The bathroom especially was very nice.

The hotel is in a good location with bars, restaurants etc all in walking distance.

Good location and excellent value by happyherts

We Stayed in the Apsis Splendid for 3 nights in March 2006. The hotel is ideally located for the aerobus with the Universitat bus stop only a few hundred metres from the hotel. The location is perfect, about a 10 minute stroll to Placa de Catalunya and La Ramblas. The area around the hotel is perfectly safe and we were quite happy walking back around midnight to the hotel. We was a bit worried that it might be a bit noisy from what we had read from other reports but we had a room on the 3rd floor and we had no complaints about any noise.

We paid 85 euros a night without breakfast which for the location and quality of the hotel was excellent value for money. The rooms were a good size and very clean.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Good All rounder by A TripAdvisor Member

Stayed in the Apsis Splendid for 3 nights starting on 28/02/06. Found the location to be ideal, jus a few minutes to the Universitat metro and about 10 minutes walk to La Ramblas. Had a room on the third floor and could not complain about anything, it was clean and towels etc changed every day! Area around the hotel felt pretty safe also when arriving back at night.

Overall an excellent and pleasant base to see Barcelona.

Fantastic place! by machar

This place was wonderful.

We found it on here and couldn't have been happier with it. We got an amazing rate for the location and quality of the hotel. Our room was huge and the bathroom seemed even bigger. Modern, very clean and very very nice.

The location was amazing being literally a 5 min walk from Placa de Catalunya(?) - the heart of Barcelona.

We were there on a room only basis and therefore can't comment on the food but there were plenty of places roundabout to grab a bite to eat including a great German themed place believe it or not!

The noise from outside was okay for us (several other people have commented on it). Barcelona truly never sleeps and is a noisy city in general so it is going to be noisy. We never had a problem with it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone as I was over the moon with it!

It's OK by metrobird

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. There was no bar although this wasn't a problem as there are plenty in the locaility. Avoid the rooms on the first floor: they are very small, they overlook the street (which can be a bit noisy) and they are next to the breakfast room (the staff preparing breakfast early in the morning were not very quiet). Breakfast was €13 but I didn't try it. There were nearby cafes which offered better value. The hotel staff were not keen on changing my room, but they did agree on my last night. My new room on the 3rd floor facing the rear of the building was much nicer, bigger and quieter. The bath was half size and it had a shower and hairdryer. Some of my colleagues had very large bathrooms with double sinks and bidets, but this is not the case in all rooms. Location of the hotel is good: just a few moments from Universitat metro station and square, which has shops. If you prefer to walk, it was at most 10 mins stroll to the top of the Ramblas.

Apis - Hit or Miss by NITraveller

Had a two night break in Barcelona and stayed at Apis Spendid. Booked it on the strength of reviews on this site,however recent ones were not so good. Got a taxi from airport to hotel in about 20 mins and taxi cost 25euro.The hotel has a small reception but this is not a problem. Staff were very friendly though we had no need to deal with them other than our key.The hotel is a close to the main areas but could be closer.The rooms are a good size and bathrooms have double sinks, bath with shower and are a good size.The hotel is a 3 *** but should be a 3 *** plus. (not 4 ****) Breakfast is served in first floor dining room and is self service and quite good.Could not find the hotel bar.I visited the Jazz Hotel and this is were I would stay if going to Barcelona again,though I think a 3 night visit is enough.

The city is big and I would compare it to London and San Fransico. I did feel uncomfortable on some of the side streets of La Ramblas.

Went to two restaurants for diner; 7 Portes very over rated and over priced and another restaurant that we came across by chance Safia 18, which is a lovely restaurant on the Carrer Ample.

We also enjoyed a few pre diner drinks at a nearby bar Guru BCN. Well worth a visit.

We enjoyed a lovely lunch in a lively restaurant ba ba reeba on Passeig de Gracia , which where the best shops are.

Overall Apis Spendid was a reasonablly priced hotel with all that you would need for a brief stay. However try booking The Jazz first.

Good value, great location by Dolly21

We have just come back from spending 3 nights at this hotel. We booked it after reading some of the reviews here. If you're looking for cleanliness, efficiency and city centre location, then it meets all three requirements. Initially, I was apprehensive about the staff after reading some comments. We had no problems. My only qualm was that we booked a double room and got two singles pushed together, when I requested a room change to meet our booking requirements, the only one available was room 101 (ominous) which had a 4 foot bed and I suspect is used as a default room to deter guests from changing rooms. Found we could hear other guests in adjoining rooms very clearly.

Stay away by Non-gamblerLasVegas

Briefly, this hotel has a big prolem: its manager. She refused to accept my cancellation and charged me for one night even though I cancelled way before the deadline after which they charge you. Unreasonable, unehtical and unreliable. Not customer-friendly at all.

Good location, unfriendly, but efficient service by DBRON

The location of the this place was great. The room was nice, but walls paper thin. You get used to the noise. Depending on who was working, some of the staff members were very unfriendly and almost rude. If we had any basic questions, we just went to the tourist office or asked other business owners nearby, they were much friendlier. Would only recommend this place because of its location and price.

Excellent by A TripAdvisor Member

We stayed in the Apsis Splendid Hotel for 4 nights with our 13month old daughter. The twin room that we booked was good size with everything you could ask for.

The location of the hotel is amazing, just 5 minute walk will have you in the Plaza de Catalunya. We would definately stay there again and will recommend it to our friends!

A good value in a good location by razzberry

I booked this hotel because of the price, location and reviews at this website. I was pleasantly satisfied. It is very well located to a main metro station, there are a number of excellent restaurants in the area and the staff is above average. It was easy to get to many of the main tourist attractions without feeling you couldn't get away from the hustle and bustle. We used them to recommend dining spots both during the day and for dinner and were never disappointed. The rooms are simple, but quite clean and the a/c really works and it's quiet. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms large and spotless. I thought I had lost my purse the last day, and the woman at the front desk could not have been more helpful including calling the police station to file a report. It turned out to be a false alarm and I think she was just as happy and relieved as I was. Breakfast was quite nice and served in a comfortable and cheery breakfast room. A good value for sure.

1 2 »

Stayed at Splendid Hotel? Share your insight.

Splendid Hotel also called