Iberotel Luxor

Service: 8.5/10
Value: 8.5/10
Cleanliness: 8.5/10
Location: 9.5/10

Enter your dates to find the best prices for Iberotel Luxor

Enter your dates:

1 2 »
Chill,out at the Iberotel . by Byron B

I thought the Iberotel in Luxor was brill, great staff good food but a bit of the same thing. food wise , the best part of the hotel is the pool area floating on the Nile with food and drink with a click of your fingers. Amazing views wherever you go . Be prepared on the streets you will get hassled and don't forget to haggle ,but whatever you give its never enough .Do everything yourself not through any travel agents or the hotels its much cheaper . From the moment you step outside the hotel you will get hassled all the time but if you go to theses countries you expect it . There's not much entertainment at the hotel but if you want to chill out and a relax just stay at the pool you cant go wrong.

This is one of my best trips i love the country and the people and will be going back soon as i can .

Thanks to everyone at the hotel.

• Holiday details: Mar 2013, booked with Thomson
  • Advice: All inclusive does not count room service so check first ,dont use the phones at the hotel its expensive , and any trips arrange them yourself.

Fantastic Holiday In The Iberotel. by Captain Gordon

This Was The Second Year We Have Been To Luxor And Stayed In The Iberotel. The Hotel Is Fantastic, Very Clean And The Staff Are Very Helpful. The Rooms Are Really Well Kept And The Service You Get Is Second To none But Opt For A Nile View Room Because The View Of The West Bank Is Well Worth It. The Hotel Is A Great Central Location To Visit All Of Luxor And The West Bank But Is Also Quiet And Peaceful If You Just Want to Relax. We Booked All Our Trips Through A Local Travel Company On The Corniche ( Jolley's ) And Got A Great Deal Compared To Our Travel Agents. When You Venture Out Of The Hotel, Expect To Be Bombarded With Taxi Drivers, Felucca Captains And Caleche Drivers All Offering Great Deals, Bargin Hard And Always Have A Sense Of Humour. As For The Hotel Its Self, Fantastic. Looking Forward To Going Back Next Year.

• Holiday details: May 2012, Booked Independently
  • Good For: , City Breaks

Watch out for the steps down to the pool! by loujbuch

Great hotel,fab location,lovely staff....all perfect but for one thing-the pool access!

We were really pleased when we got to this hotel and pleasantly suprised!! However the next morning when we were all set to got to the very picturesque swimming pool on the banks of the Nile I nearly cried when I saw the rows of stone steps to reach it!! I have mobility problems and had to rely on my mum to assist me down the steps (approx.30 in all) as there were no hand rails except at the very top 5 or so. They are broken up into groups of 5 or so, but once down there I still had to get onto the gangplank to get to the pool!!

It was lovely, but had we been aware of this I doubt we would have booked to stay here as it was quite tiring!!

• Holiday details: Jul 2010, Breakfast Included, booked with First Choice
  • Advice: Love Luxor,good hotel if you don't have mobility problems

Hotel OK, but watch out..... by Nile Traveller

There is no WiFi, but only a bad computer room with connection at £8 an hour. Watch the prices too in the bar and the mini bar especially. Leave this alone unless you are very rich. Very costly. And DON'T use the hotel phone to ring home. Get a local SIM card.

The hotel and food are OK, but avoid the expensive services.

• Holiday details: Mar 2010, Half board, Booked Independently
  • Advice: Not really

Great holiday by BonnyJ

We stayed at the Iberotel for a week from 25th March 2009. Great location for sightseeing, wonderful hotel - very clean and with lovely staff. Breakfasts great. Gardens and pool lovely. Our room had a street, rather than a Nile, view, but was all the more fun for that. We found the tours cheaper to book from local travel agents along the corniche. El Kebabgi, Puddleduck and Jewel in the Nile all very good restaurants. Terrific holiday in every way and we definitely want to stay at the Iberotel again. Thank you.

• Holiday details: Mar 2009, Bed & Breakfast, booked with Thomson
  • Good For: , City Breaks

We booked this holiday last minute... by

We booked this holiday last minute and weren't expecting much. We were surprised at what we got, this hotel should be five star, the staff are really friendly and not creepy. We spent most of our week in the hotel as it had everything that we needed. The rooms were cleaned reguarly and towels were changed daily. We upgraded to all inclusive when we got there as it was much cheaper and the manager even changed our rooms to give us one with a view of the nile.

Their is a choice of restaurants and the food is great in all of them! The bar staff are excellent, however it was the same two singers every night and they take extremely long breaks, but when they do play they are actually quite good.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would go back in a heartbeat.

I have just got back from a weeks... by L.L Hindley

I have just got back from a weeks holiday at the Iberotel in Luxor. I must say it has been one of the best holidays I've been on. The hotel is brilliant. definitely 4 star. The rooms are pretty good, beds are comfy, shower is decent. However i was in a room (235) overlooking the street as opposed to the swimming pool and garden, this was the only down side really as the balcony was really dirty so cant stand out there, plus if i did i would get severe harassment from the people below to go in a taxi or a horse and cart! So a tip is to pay a little bit extra to get a room with a view of the nile instead of the street.

The maid-men are brilliant, leaving little surprises for when we returned to our room, making things out of the towels like for example swans and boats!

The swimming pool is amazing. really really great. There are loads of sunbeds available in the sun or shade, and you are given a towel too which was really good. The view from the pool of the Nile is brilliant. The pool Bar is good too with a decent menu.

For food, the breakfast is brilliant, its a buffet style set out so you can have as much as you like, there is a chef, Ahmed, who will do any egg dish you want, fried, scrambled, omelets which are nice.

We were only bed and breakfast but the lunch and dinner was buffet style too. We went to the main restaurant once when they had a belly dancer performing, it was quite expensive really and we didnt eat that much, so i wouldnt recommend it unless you like the food and are a big eater.

The Italian restaurant was very good, cheap and the staff were very friendly. The chef would come himself to make sure the food was ok. There is also a Chinese restaurant on the hotel site too which i didnt go to, but seemed good and quite cheap too.

We didnt venture out into Luxor much as the hassle you get from the local people is too much to cope with! So am unable to say much about local places to eat or drink. However we did go to the oasis cafe and that is quite nice. A bit strange inside but cheap and the food is nice.

The bar at the hotel was nice to, it has a snooker table and ping pong table. The local beer and drinks are cheap enough however the imported stuff is rather expensive. So the money you may save on food is spent on drinks. From other people at the hotel who were brave enough to venture out, it did seem the hotel bar charged a fair bit more however for drinks, so local bars may be cheaper.

Me and my boyfriend went on a few trips while we were there. We didnt book them through thomson as they were 3 times more expensive! Dont book any trips with your holiday company!! We went to a local travel shop, Karnak travel, who were very good. We went to the west bank, Valley of the kings and valley of the queens, then went to the east bank, Luxor temple and Karnak temple, they also gave us a free boat ride on a falukka. All of this was £35 each. Thompson wanted £40 alone just for the west bank!

However any taxi driver, horse carriage driver or boat owner can take you on any trip you want to do as they all seem to know each other and have connections! Its also much much cheaper!

The hotel has a HSBC right next door, in hindsight i would have taken english money to Egypt and changed it to the egyptian pounds at the HSBC when i got there, you get much more for you money there. Also the bank changed my egyptian back to english money before i left which was really handy.

Overall the holiday was fantastic! I highly recommend the Iberotel, it is a great hotel. Luxor itself has some very interesting things to do and see including luxor museum, the mummification museum, boat rides to banana and crocodile island, Camel riding, valley of the kings and queens, luxor temple and karnak temple, balloon rides, to name but a few things. There is also plenty more to do.

Laura and Richard

We stayed here for two weeks and... by hambel

We stayed here for two weeks and although not the "poshest" hotel in Luxor it was very comfortable and very very friendly. I was on my own with two children and not once did I feel uncomfortable as the staff were lovely and helpful without being creepy.

The rooms could do with refurbishing but they were clean and as the staff were soooo nice I could over look things being a little shabby!

What i also noticed was that despite the hotel being bang slap in the middle of Luxor after about 11pm it was also very quiet, which is good when your up early to so sight seeing.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again yet I wouldn't go back to the Sheraton in Luxor where I stayed last year if you dragged me there.

I have never written a review on any... by N Gladstone

I have never written a review on any holiday I have ever visited but for this hotel I could not help it. The quality of this hotel is excellent.

The staff are without exception 5 star plus and courteous and friendly are not sufficient to describe how they are all the time.

The location of the hotel is very central with mature terraced gardens right on the Nile with a view to the other bank in the direction of the Valley of the Kings. It’s truly beautiful.

Whilst there we met many couples who have been going only to this hotel for 10 and 12 years and will not go anywhere else. It’s quite and classy and if peace and tranquility is required it could be ideal for you

I am quite fussy with food and the all inclusive food was truly amazing - the chefs actually on some nights asked to know what we thought of the food they were that eager to please.

On the downside its difficult to fault. Swimming pool floats on the Nile via a small walkway, the setting superb. The water a little too cool for long periods of swimming.

The all inclusive was excellent and even included an afternoon cruising down the hotel own cruise ship where dinner was served.

We flew with Thomson, the treatment we got was 6 star and the companies rep made us feel very special by private car transfer rather than bus.

All in all truly superb holiday.

Loving Luxor by suziip

We absolutely loved the hotel, it was better than we thought it would be and everyone is very friendly. We paid for B&B and there was a large selection of food to choose from and the waiter armed with tea and coffee always seems to be there to refill your cups. We tried the buffet restaurant, Italian & Chinese which weren't bad but being hotel restaurants they were more expensive than if you eat outside.

We were on the 5th floor with a Nile View (lucky for us we got a free upgrade as we had just got engaged). Was nice watching the hot air balloons go up in the early morning (not tempted to try myself as I was too terrified). The rooms were cleaned daily and we found that if we were out during the day the cleaners seemed to magically appear as soon as we got back to see how we liked the room (to try and get a tip). The gardens were beautiful and the pool on the floating barge on the Nile shook slighly whenever a motorboat went passed, had lovely views of the West Bank.

It was our first visit to Egypt and wanted to do as much as we could. Having travelled with Thomsons before we were well aware of the prices of their trips so we did a lot of research before hand and found a local tour guide. If we had done the trips with Thomson we would have only been able to go on two trips but for the same price with the local guide we did the following.....2 trips to the West Bank which included 6 tombs, a trip to the East Bank to see Luxor & Karnak temples, back to Karnak for the evening light and sound show, a felucca trip to banana island at sunset, dinner on a motor boat, trip on a caleche, trip to Abydos & Denerah temples. We later added on another trip on a felucca and a trip to Aswan. Our tour operator Hassany and guide Abdul were great, they made everything informative and relaxing. Made the trips even better getting an understanding of what we were seeing, and couldn't do enough for us to make our holiday an enjoying one. Check out his website [--]

The only drawback is when you leave the hotel you draw the attention of taxi & caleche drivers and also people on the street who see you are tourists and hassle you a lot. (no hassle is a phrase you will hear often, though hassle is what you get). I'm quite shy and found this a bit too much. I love going into the gift shops but also put off by the "no hassle" shouts then not able to find a price on anything and they come out with some ridiculous price.....never pay more than a third of their original price.

That aside we had a wonderful time and didn't want to come home. Would also recommend the 12 hour cruise on the nile on the Lotus Boat which was alongside our hotel, was a lovely relaxing day plus they sell gifts much cheaper than in the shops.

Fabulous!! by kellie9679

My family and I stayed for a week all inclusive and it was the best holiday ever, this was due to the hotel! The food was lovely an excellent selection fresh pancakes while you watch for breakfast, pasta cooked to your preferance. The staff fell over themselves to make your stay comfortable with waiter service at the pool and even someone to place your towels for you. There was no fighting for sunbeds as there were plaenty to go around. The pool and the view from the pool was breath taking. Excursions were reasonably priced we went on a hot air balloon over the nile for £35. I thoroughly reccommend this hotel and location and I will definatly go back again.

oh my god it was the best holiday ever! by cadburysmirnoff1

I chose this hotel purely because I loved the floating swimming pool. I was not in any way disapointed. The hotel, food , staff and overall ambience were superb. The place was so clean it was beautiful. The staff were so helpful and always smiling. Egypt was never a place i would have chosen but I am so glad I did.

1 2 »

Stayed at Iberotel Luxor? Share your insight.

Iberotel Luxor also called

• iberotel hotel luxor
  • luxor iberotel hotel
  • Address: Khaled Ebn El Waleed St., Luxor, Egypt

Map for Iberotel Luxor Closest airport: Luxor (LXR) 4.8 miles

Top traveller tips for Iberotel Luxor
  • by Captain Gordon

" Try And Visit All Historic Sites "